Author Topic: Pop  (Read 15474 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Pop
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »
Well I'm SOOOOOO sorry I'm not perfect like you.  >:(

You’ve come to the wrong place if you think you’re going to get a pat on the back for making poor choices.  That is not Getbig’s style anymore than if I said I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, but I’ve cut that in half.  Kudos for me.  Ain’t gonna happen.

You need to lose 100 pounds.  You want to look like a bikini model, but you don’t want to exercise.  You don’t want to lift weights.  You don’t want to change your diet.  You don’t want to drink water.  80% of the battle of the bulge is diet so unless you’re willing to make some drastic changes in that arena, your “dream” will always be just that.

:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »
Artificial sweeteners cause an insulin response/blood sugar spike in many people.

Is it all or some sweeteners?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 07:53:50 AM »
Your really mean and a bully but I don't care.You know nothing about me and I know it isn't 80 percent. You don't even know what you are talking about.

She's in way better shape than you, go 'figure'... ::)
No offence, but your knowledge about good nutrition seems pretty limited, so be humble and take time to do the homework.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 08:25:04 AM »
She doesn't have to be mean about things! I am here to learn about things so I AM doing the homework!

My life experience warns me: don't intervene between two women ;D
All I can say is that we're pretty direct here on Getbig ;)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
Just shut up! I am trying my best and am making improvements slowly you jerk! >:(

you are a bully.

First off all when you came to this board nobody gave two shits about you and your problems.
I was the only one who gave you some orientations here and even asked galeniko a favor to help you.
He wrote a small essai with truthfull tips so you would reach your objectives. If you folow them you WILL get there.
But guess what? Galeniko waisted his precious time with you, he could be helping shizzo earning his 5000 dollars.
You proven yourself as a waist of everybody time.
Drink your pop and find excuses not to workout and live your 600lbs life.
People told you how it is but you know better.
In September Shitzzo will be entering the Men's phisique in the Olympia weekend while you whatch it at home drinking pop, cola girl.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
^^That may be deserved. Mrsmuscles seems to be having a plethora of issues with veteran members; especially for being such a new poster. Not a good sign.

I am considering dumping this thread to the V board, but I'll leave it for a while to see what the other mods think.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »
Artificial sweeteners cause an insulin response/blood sugar spike in many people.

I believe there's been studies on this re: sucralose (Splenda).  Not sure about other sweeteners, but it seems to happen early in the digestive process - ie; the receptors on/in the tongue, so I would think it would happen across the board.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:05 AM »
She doesn't have to be mean about things! I am here to learn about things so I AM doing the homework!

Your really mean and a bully but I don't care.You know nothing about me and I know it isn't 80 percent. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Believe what you want to believe, but until you reign in the diet, the results of any exercise efforts will be SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than what they would be otherwise.  What I DO know about YOU is what YOU have chosen to reveal on this site and my reply is in direct response to what YOU have said.  Forgive me if you think it sounds harsh, but after eleven years here I/we’ve heard it all.  The faint of heart with thin skin do not last.  Those with never ending excuses will not be praised nor achieve results.  You want warm and fuzzy, perhaps SparkPeople would fit the bill.  IMO, you need a basic, structured foundation – Diet 101; something like Weight Watchers.  Most kids manage to graduate kindergarten and even high school before going off to college.

Hi.
I am 25 year old obese female and I am here to change my ways in 2014. I am 5 feet 4 inches and weigh almost 250 pounds. since jan 1 I've already lost 20 pounds so im doing good but I need to do better. my goal is to become an ifbb bikini pro but I know im a long way off.
to tell you the truth I really don't know where to start. I was 269 January 1 and am now 248.
I don't want to get big muscles that looks gross on women haha. but i'd like to be lean and toned.
can you give me something for a beginner that's not going to bulk me up but give me that leaned toned look?
I know they say drink 8 glasses of water each day but is it okay to use other beverages as well? I don't really like water it tastes so gross. I am trying to stay away from pop but I will drink a few cans a day although im trying to cut that down to only 2. I also like juice and coffee.

I would like to loose my fat and then gain a little bit of muscles but not too much. I don't want to get big like a man.

I will exercise but I don't want to change my diet much right now. I am also not drinking as much pop and I am eating a lot of fruit.

I won't do weights yet but I will maybe try jogging. I hate it though because people make fun of me when I run and they call me things like Forrest Gump and other mean things I won't repeat.  :'(
Right now I am just going to start running for exercise. I was walking and I lost 20 pounds but now I am no t losing anymore.

I would rather not do a diet right now and just focus on exercise. Taking out alcohol is no problem but I like sugary drinks.

I also don't know if I need to lose 100 pounds but I would definitely like to lose another 50.

I didn't mean it like that. I do want to lose 50 pounds and maybe more but probably not 100. I think I would look to skinny. When I do lose 50 pounds I can decide if I want to lose more. I am heavy but I don't think I look that bad.
If I was so lazy I wouldn't be trying to lose weight in the first place! A person should start off slowly though. It's dangerous to do many changes all at once.
Exercising everyday is not realistic for naybody.

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
^^That may be deserved. Mrsmuscles seems to be having a plethora of issues with veteran members; especially for being such a new poster. Not a good sign.

I am considering dumping this thread to the V board, but I'll leave it for a while to see what the other mods think.

I say leave it here for now.  I'm erring on the side of she is probably real and terribly misguided.  "She" posted a picture yesterday which I promptly removed for her own good.
:

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »

"She" posted a picture yesterday which I promptly removed for her own good.

lol.  why is "she" in quotation marks?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »

I say leave it here for now.  I'm erring on the side of she is probably real and terribly misguided.  "She" posted a picture yesterday which I promptly removed for her own good.

As you wish, friend.
 :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »
lol.  why is "she" in quotation marks?

Relax, this isn't a G-Thang thread.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 05:43:49 AM »
I am loosing weight again!!! I'm down another 2 pounds and I think it's me cutting out more pop! I'm drinking more juice and eating more fruit. I'm also running but I'm only at one minutes still so I don't think its that. I think it's the pop being cut down! :)

Don't reward yourself too soon.
So you replace the sugars from 'pop' (LOL!) by those from juice and fruits? They only benefits I see, is that you get more fibers and antioxidants.
You run for 1 minute? You're 25 right? LOL
Less weight says nothing, your bodyfat % matters.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 05:49:57 AM »

Ohhhh! You shouldn't have bothered  :D.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »
For your information I didn't give myself a reward! reward is loosing more weight!

Oh yes you do, by saying: "I think it's the pop being cut down!"
You still don't get it, the key is to achieve a better body composition (keeping your muscle mass or increasing it, and lowering your bodyfat %). Weight says nothing, since a scale can't tell you if it's lean or fat mass.

And guess what, more fiber and antioxidants are a gOOD thing!

I didn't knew that  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »
Body weight fluctuates throughout the day. Don't get too excited by a 2 lb jump in either direction. From a body composition standpoint, carbs are destructive for most people. Healthy fats promote better weight management and keep your hunger feeling satisfied longer.

As for cardio, there's no need to run. Moderate-intensity cardio for 45-60 mins is quite effective - even moreso in a fasted state first thing in the morning.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 06:22:05 PM »
Ohhhh! You shouldn't have bothered  :D.

She obviously didn't know any better.
  ;)
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »
At least I'm trying. Nobody is very encouraging except for a few people. I will show yout hat I can do it!

I’m not going to speak for anyone else, but a big reason you haven’t received much encouragement is because over the years many knowledgeable veteran members have invested a lot of time and energy in newbies.  These “newbies” either disappear in short time never to be heard from again or they turn out to be a gimmick.  Sadly, we've been jaded. Noobs need to demonstrate they’re genuine before receiving much positive feedback.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 06:46:36 PM »
I’m not going to speak for anyone else, but a big reason you haven’t received much encouragement is because over the years many knowledgeable veteran members have invested a lot of time and energy in newbies.  These “newbies” either disappear in short time never to be heard from again or they turn out to be a gimmick.  Sadly, we've been jaded. Noobs need to demonstrate they’re genuine before receiving much positive feedback.

That is the unfortunate truth. On that note, I encourage anyone to use our search engine to find some excellent threads we've had on weight-loss over the years. There's enough info to pick and choose what may suit you best. But, make sure you give it a fair chance - stick to doing it the right way, consistently, for at least a month before making a determination.

Calorie-restriction, food selection, portion sizes, timing, supplements, specific diet protocols, and various exercise methods have all been discussed at length with anecdotal results and scientific facts!

Some good topics to search include:
Keto diet,
Anabolic diet,
Mediterranean diet,
Carb cycling,
Intermittent fasting,
HIIT, or High-Intensity Interval Training
Tabata
etc.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
At least I'm trying. Nobody is very encouraging except for a few people. I will show yout hat I can do it!

Mrs.Muscles, you're new to GetBig, so you might not be familiar with its history.
I understand that you feel as though you're being attacked, ...but please trust me when I tell you, you're not.

Montague, Princess L, and Necrosis have done one heckuva job turning this board around, cleaning it up, and completely transforming it from the absolute cesspool it was back in 2003/2004 when I first started posting here, and have the well earned & well deserved respect of posters here including myself. Their influence is such that they even have a civilizing effect on some of the other boards.

In my experience not one of these mods has ever bullied, or condoned the bullying of others.

They just engage in tough love. They give good advice, and are extremely knowledgeable.

In the pursuit of our goals, we can have only one of two things: RESULTS or EXCUSES, but we can't have both.

ps: if you want to get on Princess L's good side, .......   pssst:   FISH OIL   :D

pps: now to my original reason for even responding before I went off down the bunny trail, don't fall into the trap of doing it to show anyone but yourself. Having been the object of a few haters over my lifetime, I realize that anger may fuel motivation... for a quick moment or two, ...but it's not sustainable. When it comes down to it, jealous haters, or loser Internet trolls are completely irrelevant in your life, so it's impossible to sustain the level of anger, or even conscious thought to these cretins in order to keep you motivated. Do it for no one but you. Your love for yourself, and your desire to accomplish whatever you desire and your faith are the only constants that will sustain you through this process. Good Luck, and Much Success To You.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
It's nice to also see when members review and modify their posts after discovering that spellcheck "auto-corrects" my name to "Montage."

And, don't forget that I also moderate the super-DUPER IMPORTANT Wrestling board - Getbig's sole bastion dedicated to preserving the rich history of grown men in spandex pretending to fight!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:51 AM »
It's nice to also see when members review and modify their posts after discovering that spellcheck "auto-corrects" my name to "Montage."

Wow, you sure read that post quickly. lol. Yep, that pesky auto-correct struck again.  :P

I would turn it off, but its so much easier, not to mention faster to type with auto-correct when using a stylus.
I sometimes find myself checking what I've typed is exactly what gets placed in the field on my desktop too.
Auto-correct can make you paranoid, ...and it'll make you pull your hair out when typing in a foreign language

And, don't forget that I also moderate the super-DUPER IMPORTANT Wrestling board - Getbig's sole bastion dedicated to preserving the rich history of grown men in spandex pretending to fight!

As much as I love your moderation, ...forgive me if I take a pass on the wrestling board.  :P
Now if I were in the UK, auto-correct would have probably changed that last phrase to "taking the piss"  ;D
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:25 AM »
Wow, you sure read that post quickly. lol. Yep, that pesky auto-correct struck again.  :P

I see EVERYTHING!!

Actually, I just happened to be signed in and it was pure coincidence I went to that unread reply when I did. In fact, I was planning a reply, and between that moment and the time I hit the quote tab, you'd already fixed it because it came over right in my reply. I was just having some fun with it! :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 06:14:08 AM »
Let me guess, "MrsMuscles" gave up, and not just on Getbig...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »
Let me guess, "MrsMuscles" gave up, and not just on Getbig...

Wouldn't be surprised either way.

But, I give everyone the benefit of doubt when they're new because you never know.