Author Topic: Why dont special forces guys go into UFC  (Read 8409 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Why dont special forces guys go into UFC
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »
Weren't two Navy Seals just found dead from a heroin overdose on some ship or something?
Why, do you think navy seals are immune to an overdose?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »
Why, do you think navy seals are immune to an overdose?

thats not a part of their training?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Not uncommon for these types to have some type of dependency issue. Usually its alcohol.

Regarding UFC pay vs Special Forces pay, someone earlier posted SF get paid more and that's why they don't go  into UFC. Not true. Average salary range (depending on rank and time served) is $45-75,000 (higher end being 20yrs plus service). Where most of these guys make REAL money is in private contracting / security. They can easily make double or even triple the salary in just a few months on some contracts.

Mercenary pay is top $$$  ...risk is out of this world though. You basically have to be ok with suicidal situations.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
With more frequent deployments etc...the average team guy...usually an E-7 is making about 80-100K. Even if they're not deploying to combat they're in and out of tax free zones a lot during an average year. They're making base salary, pro pay, jump pay/dive pay and there are a lot of SOF incentive pays that they get. Its not a bad life if you're single.
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
With more frequent deployments etc...the average team guy...usually an E-7 is making about 80-100K. Even if they're not deploying to combat they're in and out of tax free zones a lot during an average year. They're making base salary, pro pay, jump pay/dive pay and there are a lot of SOF incentive pays that they get. Its not a bad life if you're single.
the couole SF guys I know said its next to impossible to have a family and be an Operator.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »
What about Brian Stann?

I know he's not classed as Special Forces but he was a former marine. Fairly good MMA record, now retired though.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »

Really cause I know E6 Operator who gets about 55k. Maybe he wasn't including HazDuty pay?

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »
there are member types on getbig like "experts," "pros," "competitors"...  A new group needs to be made for Darren: "Humorless Trolls"

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
Suckmymuscle?

Navy Seal
Unmeasurable IQ (190+)
Broke german shepers neck with 1 hand
Lifts 550 lbs atlas stones for fun
6'4 330lbs lean
black belt in 3 diciplines

would make UFC look like a mockery...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
I said E-7 because with Army SOF the average rank is about E-7 even if its a young E-7. I've noticed that the SEAL teams appear to have a slightly more junior rank structure. I know you served so you know the pay rates and structures ... figure base pay/BAH/cost of living allowance/hostile fire/family sep/imminent danger/Dive pay/Jump pay/...all the SOF bonus pay. I know a couple of years ago 18 series medics were getting 45K bonuses. Plus Tax free etc. ....compared to a regular E-6 they doing pretty good. We're still only talking about a small community across the DOD.
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
I said E-7 because with Army SOF the average rank is about E-7 even if its a young E-7. I've noticed that the SEAL teams appear to have a slightly more junior rank structure. I know you served so you know the pay rates and structures ... figure base pay/BAH/cost of living allowance/hostile fire/family sep/imminent danger/Dive pay/Jump pay/...all the SOF bonus pay. I know a couple of years ago 18 series medics were getting 45K bonuses. Plus Tax free etc. ....compared to a regular E-6 they doing pretty good. We're still only talking about a small community across the DOD.
a lot of SEALs are junior sailors.... I guess when they graduate BUD/s the jumo into a different rank structure and autonatically jump to E3 or  E4.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »
My boss is a Green beanie...he bags on the SEALs all the time saying they're high school level special operators. I think the baseline Army SOF guys get pissed with all the fawning the SEALs get.
L

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 02:24:08 PM »

Yeah true. I'm not too good at Army rank but I think E7 is our Gunnery Sgt equivalent of which would be CPO (Chief Petty Ofc.) for Navy.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
Like most sane folks, they don't like a fair fight.
if you ever walk into a fair fight then your plan failed...

its all about the unfair advantage

bench

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
My boss is a Green beanie...he bags on the SEALs all the time saying they're high school level special operators. I think the baseline Army SOF guys get pissed with all the fawning the SEALs get.
I hear that as well. Also, Ive heard they get butthurt that the SEALs have pretty much taken over the DA stuff while the SF guys mostly get to trainocals.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
Check this...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 03:25:41 PM »
Check this...

I remember thinking 'what a joke' about some of fhe MCCRAP stuff in boot.... until I saw an drill instructor have to light up a recruit who thought he was gonna be tough. Reconsidered after that.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Ive been hearing again how badass UK and Russian special forces SAS, Delta or whatever are. How come they don't get in da cage? Surely if they re so bad they d do well.
Id love to see some badass SAS guy against Cain.
hey knuckeldrger, they are badass bc of the weaponry and momento of suprise.

n

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »
I hear that as well. Also, Ive heard they get butthurt that the SEALs have pretty much taken over the DA stuff while the SF guys mostly get to trainocals.

Foreign internal defense or training locals has always been a core Army SOF mission...not talking Delta or Rangers. After 9-11 and because of the ass kicking they did in Afghanistan, a lot of those guys wanted to do nothing but the direct action missions. Its been going back for awhile but its not sexy. 
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »

Foreign internal defense or training locals has always been a core Army SOF mission...not talking Delta or Rangers. After 9-11 and because of the ass kicking they did in Afghanistan, a lot of those guys wanted to do nothing but the direct action missions. Its been going back for awhile but its not sexy. 
Right. .. sometimes I think guys dont actually understand each branches SFs missions, they all think theyre gonna be Rambo.... I remember a guy who wanted to be SF and after finding out what their mission profile was he stayed with the Rangers.

whats amazing to me is the amount of chunky dudes you see in the more elite units... my buddy was telling me that Force is filled with corn fed chunksters that can just hump and jog forever. I know they put more of an emphasis on guys that dont quit, which weeds out a lot of the super athletically gifted guys whore used to coasting through physical activity.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
Like most sane folks, they don't like a fair fight.
What a dick

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
You get a lot of guys that go from the Ranger Regiment to Delta....not as much from SOF. Its a different mindset. The guys in MARSOC are still trying to figure out where they fit in. The Marines treat them like bastard children...short tours without a career track for either higher enlisted or Officers. I always wondered why they don't let the Marines go into the SEALs and be done with it.
L

Oggie Oglethorpe

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
So Cain smashes them all up one on one?

Please do Getbig a favor, when you have your first cage fight can you post the YouTube link for us to see?

Just curiosity mind you.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
Not uncommon for these types to have some type of dependency issue. Usually its alcohol.

Regarding UFC pay vs Special Forces pay, someone earlier posted SF get paid more and that's why they don't go  into UFC. Not true. Average salary range (depending on rank and time served) is $45-75,000 (higher end being 20yrs plus service). Where most of these guys make REAL money is in private contracting / security. They can easily make double or even triple the salary in just a few months on some contracts.

Mercenary pay is top $$$  ...risk is out of this world though. You basically have to be ok with suicidal situations.

Post 9/11 they were making $1000/day , don't think there is a gold rush like there was around 2001-2006...

Besides ALOT of those private contractors are greedy and ruthless psycho's.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »
You get a lot of guys that go from the Ranger Regiment to Delta....not as much from SOF. Its a different mindset. The guys in MARSOC are still trying to figure out where they fit in. The Marines treat them like bastard children...short tours without a career track for either higher enlisted or Officers. I always wondered why they don't let the Marines go into the SEALs and be done with it.
ive wondered that as well. The Marines never wanted an SF unit under JSOC to begin with, they didnt want to lose their best Marines to other someone else. I also heard their excuse was 'every Marine is elite'

ive oftej wondered what MARSOC did exactly... only guy I met said they are basically glorified Recon Marines that do more direct action.... but they kind of step on the SEALs toes.