Author Topic: Why dont special forces guys go into UFC  (Read 8405 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Why dont special forces guys go into UFC
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
I can understand how the United States and Russia recruit so many bad asses out of their population, but where do Canadians for example get tough soldiers for elite units?

Surely there aren't just naturally tough people outside the United States and Russia?

i worked with some canadian SF in astan...and austrailian SF in iraq...i was making fun of the canadians before i worked with them...that stopped shortly after the first outing..legit

bench

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2014, 01:31:58 AM »
China has some very tough mean fuckers.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »
Please do Getbig a favor, when you have your first cage fight can you post the YouTube link for us to see?

Just curiosity mind you.

Of course but if I get my way you ll know all about it. Justin Bieber wants a cage fight and his people are looking for an opponent and my gym has put my name out as ill be making my debut and I m only a little lad myself! Little but DEADLY!!! Like a redback spider!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2014, 10:35:39 AM »
The SAS and Delta are comparable but a regular SEAL Team isn't the same. An Army SOF Battalion's Alpha Company is comparable to a regular SEAL team with all the same capabilities. MARSOC shares some FID missions with regular Army SOF. They're still finding a home. Again the biggest problem is that a SEAL can enlist in the Navy and do 20 plus on the same Team if he wants to. The Army's guys for the most part have 3-5 years in and then can do 15 years or more as Green Berets...same on the Officer side of the house. Hell you can do 20 in the Ranger Regiment. MARSOC...the guys do 2-3 years and are treated like shit when they go back to the fleet. The officers aren't as competitive for promotion and there aren't a lot of senior NCO billets. The guys that founded Delta stayed for years. I can bet there isn't a single plank owner left in MARSOC. Its not their fault and its pissed off SOCOM and JSOC because the unit is multi capable and they've poured money into it. Based on how the budget is shaping up MARSOC might be better served if SOCOM can lean on the Marines to change how they do business with these guys. Maybe getting rid of the current asshole they have as Commandant is a start.

+1

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »
i worked with some canadian SF in astan...and austrailian SF in iraq...i was making fun of the canadians before i worked with them...that stopped shortly after the first outing..legit

bench

I know right? If I remember correctly, don't the Canadians hold the sniper confirmed kill distance record?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »
I know right? If I remember correctly, don't the Canadians hold the sniper confirmed kill distance record?

Rob Furlong was apparently a bit of a walter mitty .

Brits hold it, legit record.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
longer than Chris Kyles? Reading his book, his longest confirmed kills were accidents. .. one he took a potshot at a dude who was dancing and taunting him because he was out of range, and the Marines were egging him on (imagine that), so he just did a rough guess and nailed the dude way beyond his 'supposed' capabilites.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »

yep you are correct sir, Craig Harrison  2,707yrds using .338 Lapua Magnum ammo

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »

there is a lot of controversy in that record...only the guy who took the shot believes it...the record says he did 3 shots..1 hitting an RPK, 1 killing the guy holding it, and 1 killing another enemy...so 3 shots, 100% accuracy at damn near 3000yards(almost 2 miles) with a 338 lapua rocking 250grain lock base rounds?

him and the media are the only ones buying that crock of shit...no one really knows the true record for distance..they are always fabricated by a good margin before it ever becomes official

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »
longer than Chris Kyles? Reading his book, his longest confirmed kills were accidents. .. one he took a potshot at a dude who was dancing and taunting him because he was out of range, and the Marines were egging him on (imagine that), so he just did a rough guess and nailed the dude way beyond his 'supposed' capabilites.
chris was never in the running for the distance record with his shot...he openly admitted his 1 shot was a freak accident though

bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Apparently Australia has a record shot but no one is confirming it.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »
I can understand how the United States and Russia recruit so many bad asses out of their population, but where do Canadians for example get tough soldiers for elite units?

Surely there aren't just naturally tough people outside the United States and Russia?

The Canadians had one the best airborne regiments in the world...and then they disbanded them.

It all goes to training. A buddy of mine did an exchange thing with a Russian SOF unit..they worked hard to impress the Americans etc, fire jumping...and the martial arts shit...mock building takedown. They then had a 25K hump competition and the Russians managed to drown 4 of their guys. I'm underwhelmed with Russian SOF. 
L

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2014, 10:50:22 PM »
Post 9/11 they were making $1000/day , don't think there is a gold rush like there was around 2001-2006...

Besides ALOT of those private contractors are greedy and ruthless psycho's.

They are also generally fat with shit tats and goatee beards. But, hey, those barriers wont lift their selves.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
To the op, this is the sort of question I would expect from a 14 year old boy.

Totally different things.
Special ops guys won't usually beat egotistical cage fighters with tattoos and Mohawks and other bullshit in a fistfight, however they definitely have way more courage - because they know there is no referee to stop the fight. These egomaniac cage fighters (excluding the Japanese and Ruskis for the most part) need their ego fed and have a strong sense of self preservation that would preventing them from really 'putting it all on the line'.

epic_alien

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:58 PM »
Ive been hearing again how badass UK and Russian special forces SAS, Delta or whatever are. How come they don't get in da cage? Surely if they re so bad they d do well.
Id love to see some badass SAS guy against Cain.

probobly cause their jobs with the government pay more than the ufc ever would.

retard

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2014, 11:41:01 PM »
Ive been hearing again how badass UK and Russian special forces SAS, Delta or whatever are. How come they don't get in da cage? Surely if they re so bad they d do well.
Id love to see some badass SAS guy against Cain.

They do. Crocop was special force and Fedor was millitary. But MMA has been adapted to sports entertainment. Many techniques use by special forces are obviously not allowed.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2014, 11:42:43 PM »
They do. Crocop was special force and Fedor was millitary. But MMA has been adapted to sports entertainment. Many techniques use by special forces are obviously not allowed.

Yes yes. The ground & hump technique more commonly known as BJJ would befuddle most special forces soldiers.
all drugs - TPPIIP

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
I agree with most have said above. These guys are trained to kill. Once engaged they aren't trained to stop at a whistle, they get in "the zone" and follow through until the threat has been eliminated. Some would even call them dirty fighters. Eye gouging, crotch kicks, throat punches..what ever it takes to end it quickly...and quietly if possible. Fast, violent, ruthless, relentless.

No matter what the rules, in one-on-one fight in a cage without a weapon, they'd still get smashed by Cain.

Like some cop wrote (to other cops) on reddit/r/toprotectandserve "If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
They are also generally fat with shit tats and goatee beards. But, hey, those barriers wont lift their selves.

Not all lol, but i'm sure some. Do ex SEALS, SAS, JTF2 ops ect really let themselves go that bad?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »
Not all lol, but i'm sure some. Do ex SEALS, SAS, JTF2 ops ect really let themselves go that bad?
No, they generally don't.

There is some, 10% or so...

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
No, they generally don't.

There is some, 10% or so...

The fat tattooed contractors Ken mentioned could just be ex marines..

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:04 AM »
The fat tattooed contractors Ken mentioned could just be ex marines..

Yes, a lot of ex "devil dogs" waddling round afghan dressed head to foot in ill fitting 5.11 gear

Only joking, shockwave.

In reality how many contractors are ex sf? The vast majority Ive met are ex infantry or were previously in a corps. There was a bloke from my hometown who was doing convoy protection in Iraq and his "credentials" were bouncing on the door of local pubs and an ex UKSF family member.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:30 AM »
I know somone thats done protection in Iraq and his credentials were that he was basically a tough pikey! Thats it!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2014, 05:39:56 AM »
Yes, a lot of ex "devil dogs" waddling round afghan dressed head to foot in ill fitting 5.11 gear

Only joking, shockwave.

In reality how many contractors are ex sf? The vast majority Ive met are ex infantry or were previously in a corps. There was a bloke from my hometown who was doing convoy protection in Iraq and his "credentials" were bouncing on the door of local pubs and an ex UKSF family member.
yup.  Most contractors genwrally are just regular grunts that got out and get paid a lot more. There are certain comoanies owned and operated by former spec ops, they generally advise and train police and mikitary units.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

Only joking, shockwave.

I know for sure the big 3 security companies have many SEALS and SAS working for them, not in abundance but they are there... benchmstr would obviously be the guy to ask about that.