Author Topic: serious qs for calves and trapz.  (Read 2621 times)

mohannad

• Getbig I
serious qs for calves and trapz.
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »
I have been trying to bring up my calves and trapz for sometime now, but without any success. I would train calves 4 times a week, at the beginning of a workout (for 15 min or so), some days with heavy weights, others for high reps. I have used the same method for trapz but for 3 times a week.

Anybody has any suggestions or recommendations.

Wez

• Getbig IV
Re: serious qs for calves and trapz.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »
I will not answer any questions where a z is added at the end of a word like boyz or trapz.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
I will not answer any questions where a z is added at the end of a word like boyz or trapz.
Good thinking Wez.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:30:12 PM »
Good thinking Wez.

I humbly bow to your greatness.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
Chaoz be the Z master!

Trapz:  just one option of many...heavy DL's don't always work for everyone.

Superz Setz:

1) BB Shrug
        &
2) BB Upright Row

3X8-10 rep, at a fast pace. This is actually pre-exhaustion, applied to a SS.

Calvez

Other than running in sand or up stiff inclines (better options..my view only), might suggest the all day program.

Every hour, on the hour, do a couple of light set of one legged calf raises, 12 rep, full.  Continue this for at least 6-8 hours. Idea is to keep the blood in the area most of the day, keeping the pump best you can.. (old BB'ing saying, More Blood, More Muscle). Massage the area between sessions.  Can also apply a warming agent; lotion, sports rub, etc to keep the area warm. Might try this program once a week, an nothing else or the calves, and notice how the calves respond.

Suggest, anytime doing calf raises, to do them one leg at a time...rather than both at the same time. Better focus on each leg seems to work well for a number of guys.

Also, there's a very good calf thread on GB, might want to check it out.

Good LuckZ
F

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »
I used to have a serious problem bringing my calves up. But I took a step back and looked at what I was doing. I was working 4 sets with 20 to 25 reps for single leg standing calve raises. I looked at how I was working muscles that were actually growing. Then I thought, "Why am I working calves "special"?. I work other muscles with two or even three exercises. Yet, my poor lil calves get only one."

So, I gave my calves two days of the week to be worked on. 4 sets of standing calve raises at 4 sets with 12 reps and seated calve raises at 4 sets with 20 reps. With the final set of that going up to 40 reps and one final rep in which I hold till the muscle gives out.

And no shit, every week I noticed gains coming on my calves. An inch in as little as a month.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:36 AM »
I do barbell shruggs 4 sets once a week and my traps r one of my best parts. I do them intense and violently but a good squeeze and good stretch if that makes  sense straight up and straight down do them heavy as possible I also deadlift alot which is supposed to make u have big traps or trapZ. Lol rep ranges from 8-40 reps with drop sets and some cheat reps with a squeeze at the top for good measure...consistency with any technique for a good 6 months is really the best way to determine how a muscle will respond to training various ways. I hit several muscles differently now as ive learned what provides results to me. When i was younger always did 4 sets 8 reps doesnt work like that for me allover my body.