Author Topic: question for all the "no carbs" folks...  (Read 11376 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: question for all the "no carbs" folks...
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »
High protein, low carb diet will shorten your lifespan

http://www.thesatellite.com.au/news/high-protein-low-carb-diet-will-shorten-your-life/2188990/
compared to who?

to the average joe who eats or drinks 200gramms sugar every day and slowly gets fatter and fatter?

theres studies which claim the less one eats overall the longer they gonna live.

studies are always bit biased
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »
Since the glycogen stores in the liver and muscles are depleted, carbohydrates go straight to refilling them, instead of being added to the body's fat stores, this occurs when there's excess. Hence on refeed day if one does not over eat and maintain a medium portion of carbs this will prevent going too flat if the goal is to maintain muscle mass. I never notice fat gain when I refeed, infact the next morning I feel solid and muscles feel full yet the skin is tight, a refeed boosts metabolism as well which slows right down with a deficit of calories and energy sources for 5 days.

What people fail to understand is that we're all different, in a metabolic way as well as a psychological way. A blanket fits all type of dieting is not the answer

BTW my protocol is 5/6 days very low and one to two days carb refeed. At the beginning I only have one carb refeed.

Then again my goal is usually getting solid abs for a holiday, not a 4% bf....cos going from arounf 7/8% to 4% is a totally different game.
yes, when youre depleted, you can easy easy even drink pure sugar and will not get fat.
its impossible,tthats the one day where one can seemingly eat much more calories, but its realy just a tank refilling,metaphoricaly speaking.

the fatloss will come to a halt for as long the bloodsugar is elevated and for as long theres "too" much serum insulin.

as soon glucagon takes over again, fatloss restarts, no mater how full the glycogen stores are,they never ever get entirely depleted anyway, or we would be plain dead ;D

the bad thing is the bloodsugar crash will be terrible after sugar only.

the other bad thing is, carb only up is no problem but when you add fat to those refill meals, that fat will be stored, a trained can get away with it if hes depleted,bc the body can use a bit for other purpose and can actualy store fat IN the muscle calls.

this is precisely how it works.the more time glucagon dominates over insulin,the more fatloss.

in other words, bit carbs, even with every meal wont stop ppl from getting shredded if the insulin in bllod doesnt dominate all the time.

brings us back to the dont eat when not hungry.

and for the very last bits of fats, measures will have to be extreme or the results will be very slow.
n

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2014, 06:26:04 AM »
about lifespan .. who in the world would want to prolong the misery of this life? do you see a happy place in this world?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »
yes, when youre depleted, you can easy easy even drink pure sugar and will not get fat.
its impossible,tthats the one day where one can seemingly eat much more calories, but its realy just a tank refilling,metaphoricaly speaking.

the fatloss will come to a halt for as long the bloodsugar is elevated and for as long theres "too" much serum insulin.

as soon glucagon takes over again, fatloss restarts, no mater how full the glycogen stores are,they never ever get entirely depleted anyway, or we would be plain dead ;D

the bad thing is the bloodsugar crash will be terrible after sugar only.

the other bad thing is, carb only up is no problem but when you add fat to those refill meals, that fat will be stored, a trained can get away with it if hes depleted,bc the body can use a bit for other purpose and can actualy store fat IN the muscle calls.

this is precisely how it works.the more time glucagon dominates over insulin,the more fatloss.

in other words, bit carbs, even with every meal wont stop ppl from getting shredded if the insulin in bllod doesnt dominate all the time.

brings us back to the dont eat when not hungry.

and for the very last bits of fats, measures will have to be extreme or the results will be very slow.

Ok, thanks for sharing Gal, btw im still sniggering at the toiletry session lol

Im eating chicken and lettuce as we speak for lunch, I had an ommlette for breakfast and a small amount of strawberries to chew on, a shake in between earlier. That's pretty much what I eat all day, I eat a bit some veggies i.e. broccoli and green beans...etc in the evening otherwise I wake up hungrier than a somalian pirate.
S

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2014, 06:34:19 AM »
So here you finally admit there is metabolic adaption. Funny how you disagreed with me before.

Good to see you coming around and seeing the light.
never said there is none.

you mst read more carefully.

i said as long as has energy to move around the metabloism will keep running at good pace.

with every diet the metablism tries to adapt further down.

last time i checked,i am the one contest ready(give or take 1-2weeks) year in year out, so i have to know.

i only said theres no such thing as metablic damage.adaption can and will happen, its even explained in the book how to fight that issue.

as for the size, all i can say you are very naive.
get down to contest shape,use all steroids you can find, and see whats left.

then see how long itll take you to even get to my little bit of size i have.observe naby mike doing his 300gr carb diet and being still 30lbs out of my shape and hes already smaller.would have sworn hed be bigger than me before the diet.
or cswoe, seen what left of him?

all that aside, size is my last concern.i cant say more than try for yourself.if thats your pic, youll lok like dj ace180 when shredded.or even smaller.not joking
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2014, 06:36:07 AM »
Ok, thanks for sharing Gal, btw im still sniggering at the toiletry session lol

Im eating chicken and lettuce as we speak for lunch, I had an ommlette for breakfast and a small amount of strawberries to chew on, a shake in between earlier. That's pretty much what I eat all day, I eat a bit some veggies i.e. broccoli and green beans...etc in the evening otherwise I wake up hungrier than a somalian pirate.
yes the getting to bed hungry and being able to sleep is the kings disciplne.

if can pull that off, its great, if not, dont worry about having a small meal even right before bedtime
n

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2014, 06:46:52 AM »
skorpio.. you look fine with what you did. Why change it? If what you do gets you in the shape you want I say keep doing it.

Sev,

The front as long that you have good sperated pecs and tight skin on your front abs the rest is illusion, back wise I have decent amoutn of mass on it, looking to bring out the detail and I think my waist can go even smaller making a bigger V tape impression.

S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:33 AM »

if can pull that off, its great, if not, dont worry about having a small meal even right before bedtime

Yes. I find it good to fall asleep starving from not eating for several hours, sleep 8 then magically wake up not hungry then eat after about 4 hrs of waking. Around 24hrs and the fat drops nicely.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2014, 06:51:35 AM »

I eat the veggies with a protein i.e. chicken or so at around 9pm and usually go bed midnight. before bed I just drink a shake.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »
about lifespan .. who in the world would want to prolong the misery of this life? do you see a happy place in this world?
I can link you to a few sites if you want a way out?

I competed in bodybuilding .. should I be ashamed?
No you didnt.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
Sev,

The front as long that you have good sperated pecs and tight skin on your front abs the rest is illusion, back wise I have decent amoutn of mass on it, looking to bring out the detail and I think my waist can go even smaller making a bigger V tape impression.

you are quite lean already .. there is also a question you should ask yourself if you can maintain that level. Maybe XFactor can chime in. He tried to stay at 6-7% for a while and did not find it particulary enjoyable.. you eat only functional

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
you are quite lean already .. there is also a question you should ask yourself if you can maintain that level. Maybe XFactor can chime in. He tried to stay at 6-7% for a while and did not find it particulary enjoyable.. you eat only functional

I don't think I am physically capable of eating like Ive done this week all year round, Galeniko is from another planet of hardcore, but half a year may be, then bulk up....bluking up is a lot fun lol. But I am following what you two advocate to the dot, I'll post pics in a few months with my results.
S

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
I don't think I am physically capable of eating like Ive done this week all year round, Galeniko is from another planet of hardcore, but half a year may be, then bulk up....bluking up is a lot fun lol. But I am following what you two advocate to the dot, I'll post pics in a few months with my results.
galeniko understand very well how things work from experience...not studies.. it's the best way

I don't know how he manages to stay that lean for so long.. maybe I am more sensitive. I always had a hard time tolerating anabolics sides and how they make me feel .. I function great on an organic diet balanced and lifting with no roids.. can look decent but not bodybuilding impressive.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »
galeniko understand very well how things work from experience...not studies.. it's the best way

I don't know how he manages to stay that lean for so long.. maybe I am more sensitive. I always had a hard time tolerating anabolics sides and how they make me feel .. I function great on an organic diet balanced and lifting with no roids.. can look decent but not bodybuilding impressive.
WHERE'S  your happy medium, interms body weight/bf/and drug intake if that's what ur doing again.and sustaining,last time you got in shape and torn Achilles happened.if it wasn't for injury you would have stayed same no?do you follow same eating plan even if your build is not at peak like before/after pics?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »

leave the eastern block bro.

shitty outlook man, I hope youre not serious.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
leave the eastern block bro.

shitty outlook man, I hope youre not serious.
I am. Physical life means struggle to find balance, misery and some more struggle and hardship. This IS it's very nature. Our super-consciouness is paradise, bliss and eternal equilibrium. Why would I want to live as much as possible when in fact THIS is death and death of the body means resurrection in Spirit?

We came to taste and we're being eaten. We came to play and we're being played. We came to enjoy and we are joyless.

The bee came to sip honey and it got stuck and died. We are the bee.

We come into these lives over and over again to learn our true nature. To realize our Self. All else is mere froth.

We spend out time desperate to gather and accumulate when the true lesson is renunciation of anyone and everything. So we are bound by the chains of our own preconceived ideas. Prisoners in our own minds, controlled and exploited. We strive to be free... but we ARE free. We just did not realize it yet.

Simple Simon

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
I am. Physical life means struggle to find balance, misery and some more struggle and hardship. This IS it's very nature. Our super-consciouness is paradise, bliss and eternal equilibrium. Why would I want to live as much as possible when in fact THIS is death and death of the body means resurrection in Spirit?

We came to taste and we're being eaten. We came to play and we're being played. We came to enjoy and we are joyless.

We come into this lives over and over again to learn our true nature. To realize our Self. All else is mere froth.

We spend out time desperate to gather and accumulate when the true lesson is renunciation of anyone and everything. So we are bound by the chains of our own preconceived ideas. Prisoners in our own minds, controlled and exploited. We strive to be free... but we ARE free. We just did not realize it yet.

Carb meal in order.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »

We come into these lives over and over again to learn our true nature. To realize our Self. All else is mere froth.

you have watched too much fight club.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
I can get to single-digit body-fat levels in 10-12 weeks max by eating ultra low carb with a re-feed of complex carbs every 5th day.    

Whatever you do, do not do HIIT on low carb, you will kiss you muscle away, and your metabolism will nosedive.    Keep the cardio low-intensity if doing any cardio while glycogen levels are depleted.  

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »
I can get to single body-fat levels in 10-12 weeks max by eating ultra low carb with a re-feed of complex carbs every 5th day.   

Whatever you do, do not do HIIT on low carb, you will kiss you muscle away, and your metabolism will nosedive.    Keep the cardio low-intensity if doing any cardio while glycogen levels are depleted.   

very true.

cardio is an afterthought if you lift hard and diet just as hard.

the exeption would be if the cardio is performed fasted, wouldnt tell a natural to do that though.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2014, 03:37:56 PM »

dead by, next week.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
I can get to single-digit body-fat levels in 10-12 weeks max by eating ultra low carb with a re-feed of complex carbs every 5th day.    

Whatever you do, do not do HIIT on low carb, you will kiss you muscle away, and your metabolism will nosedive.    Keep the cardio low-intensity if doing any cardio while glycogen levels are depleted.  

What's a good carb amount to shed fat but not crash metabolism if a person prefers HIIT?

Something between 100 to 200 grams and run some sort of caloric deficit?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
What's a good carb amount to shed fat but not crash metabolism if a person prefers HIIT?

I remain functional at less than 130 a day.

130 a day is still restricted carbs, but I stay fuller and dont hate working out.

fat loss isnt as quick though.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »

There is no set amount, as it varies with each individual, their metabolism, and the type, duration, and intensity of HIIT performed.  You're likely looking at a minimum of 100gms of pre-workout carbohydrate, but you need to experiment with it and find out what amount of carbohydrate works for you, that allows you to burn body fat without sacrificing muscle.   Remember, HIIT is anaerobic, and burns glucose for fuel, as apposed to aerobic which burns primarily fat for fuel.   If you are doing HIIT with your liver and muscles depleted of glucose, your body will convert muscle to glucose via gluconeogenesis, and end result is not pretty.   I've personally seen far too many people over the last few years absolutely ruin their metabolisms and physiques by performing high-intensity programs such as Insanity, Asylum, Tabata, Intervals, and even P90x, while following ultra-low carb diets.   Never, never never never do these types of programs on an ultra-low carb diet.