Author Topic: Rudy on Putin: "THAT'S what you call a leader..."  (Read 7485 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rudy on Putin: "THAT'S what you call a leader..."
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:42 PM »
So, now that Russia may have blown a plane with 23 americans out of the sky...

Will repubs still line up to praise him 24/7 as they did before?

GIULIANI: Putin decides what he wants to do and he does it in half a day, right? He decided he had to go to their parliament. He went to their parliament. He got permission in 15 minutes.

CAVUTO: Well, that was kind of like perfunctory.

GIULIANI: But he makes a decision and he executes it, quickly. Then everybody reacts. That’s what you call a leader. President Obama, he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Rudy on Putin: "THAT'S what you call a leader..."
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 03:30:47 AM »
For once, Rudy is right.

Putin = Leader
Obama = Sock Puppet

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:03:30 AM »
Just, wow.   

GIULIANI: Putin decides what he wants to do and he does it in half a day, right? He decided he had to go to their parliament. He went to their parliament. He got permission in 15 minutes.

CAVUTO: Well, that was kind of like perfunctory.

GIULIANI: But he makes a decision and he executes it, quickly. Then everybody reacts. That’s what you call a leader. President Obama, he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it.

Do you seriously think that our Congress would act in 15 minutes???

BTW...Giuliani is a moron.
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:14:02 AM »

It takes less time for the clowninthewhitehouse to issue an executive order to violate his own crapcare law.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 05:32:33 AM »
Does this add weight to the theory that conservatives have a fascination with authoritarianism?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »
Does this add weight to the theory that conservatives have a fascination with authoritarianism?

No.

They are criticizing Obama's incompetence and lack of foresight.

He laughed at Romney for Mitt indicating that Russia is America's geo-political foe.

Now that he is faced with this situation, the "smartest" president of our lifetime, HEHEHEHEHE, is running around like a chicken with its head cut off. AMATEUR!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:04 AM »
Kinda screwed up how everybody is giving kudos to Pooty Poot. But then again, the "I have a pen and a phone" comment from Oblamey was making it out like he was going to do some leading...other than spending $$ we don't have that is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
imagine the backlash if Obama demanded Congress pass his war resolution bill in 15 minutes.

Would Rudy be cheering for Obama if he decided to give Congress 15 minutes to pass his new amnesty or gun control bill?

The USA is awesome because one lone leader cannot just act as a dictator and start WWIII on a whim - Our founding fathers didn't want a President being able to act in 15 minutes, and get our military entangled in a civil war on the other side of the world because the leader feels like it.

I would seriously FEAR a country where a leader could start a war - specifically, commit military to a civil war in another country with oil/nato/cold war implications - in as much time as it takes to save 15% on my car insurance. 

I seriously fear any leader - Rudy in this case - that admires the de facto dictatorship enjoyed in Russia.  Maybe a President Rudy would be that kinda president, just like Putin, and toss the Constitution out the window.  Shaking my head.  All of you high fiving Rudy here... think about it... Do you want Obama to be able to commit troops and initial Cold War II inside of 15 minutes?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »

CAVUTO: Well, that was kind of like perfunctory. Dictionary.com: hasty and superficial.

Even the FOX host points out that the decision was hasty and superficial.  

Rudy obviously doesn't understand the word.  He condemns obama because, and I quote, "President Obama, he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it."

RUDY has the audacity to condemn the leader of the free world for.... drum roll please... taking the time to THINK about a decision and CONSULTING with people around him before making a decision.

Very rarely do I get emotional about a thread on getbig these days, but seriously, Rudy is praising what is essentially a hasty decision made by one man and bullied thru parliament without consulting anyone.

You just remember this - the next time obama reacts in 12 minutes to an impulse and enacts an executive order that puts our troops in harms way or spends billions of dollars.  Even the FOX host is smart enough to know it's dangerous.  But not RUDY, and not his team of getbiggers who admire a "real leader" that doesn't consult others, carefully weigh options, or even ask Congress for permission.  Unreal.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »
boy we can play the politics game anytime cant we...shit....were just talking about another possible war..but who gives a shit, we aint goin so pundit away....

This shit makes me sick

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 07:52:49 AM »
He's right. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 07:53:12 AM »

If Obama had wanted to do something in Syria...right or wrong the Repubs were prepared to support him because they believe in supporting the President as commander in chief. Many were not happy but at the end of the day they would have cobbled together enough votes. Obama doesn't lead on anything...he barely made a case for obamacare and they're walking that back now. He hated having to deal with Afghanistan.....he could have pulled out a few years ago. Instead we got this bullshit slow bleed drone strategy that's gotten people killed with no tangible results. He's a pansy
L

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 07:54:05 AM »

Very rarely do I get emotional about a thread on getbig these days, but seriously, Rudy is praising what is essentially a hasty decision made by one man and bullied thru parliament without consulting anyone.

That is complete BS for sure.
Putin might have helluva lot of power but he has advisers, ideologists and generals around him. He doesn't make that kind of decision alone FFS. It's retarded to even suggest that.
He has consulted intelligence (most likely numerous intelligence service branches), military commanders (of different branches of armed forces), diplomats, financial advisers etc.

Now, what is lacked in Russia is political discourse, you are right about that.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »

Vince, I like you. But your knee padding Obama is pathetic. Giuliani is dead on. Putin didn't even think twice about pulling this bullshit when Bush was in. Are you kidding me??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 08:01:26 AM »
I guess we'll have to bump this thread the next time Obama decides to think about an issue for "half a day" then bully it through congress in 15 minutes.

That's what a "real leader" does.  

Real leaders don't do the following things, according to Rudy: "he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it."

Any decision to enter Cold War II should be made in half a day, and pushed through congress in 15 minutes.  Gotcha.  Just like Rudy said.  Read his words.  The next time Obama does that... the next time he says "Pass the bill so you can read it", let's just chalk that up to him being a good leader, okay?  No sense spending more than half a day chewing on entering a foreign civil war.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:09 AM »

That is complete BS for sure.
Putin might have helluva lot of power but he has advisers, ideologists and generals around him. He doesn't make that kind of decision alone FFS. It's retarded to even suggest that.
He has consulted intelligence (most likely numerous intelligence service branches), military commanders (of different branches of armed forces), diplomats, financial advisers etc.

Now, what is lacked in Russia is political discourse, you are right about that.

He wields a hell of a lot more direct authority then in most Western governments. But like Putin, Obama does have the power to do some short term things. He could order the full mobilizations and deployment of the 173rd in Italy to forward bases in Poland. he could mobilize what Styker capability we have left in Germany to begin movement East to staging area's in the Baltic. He could reroute a carrier to that area along with sending stateside air wings to Germany. It's easier for Obama to do this then even the sanctions that most are suggesting.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »
I don't claim obama has the right answers on Ukraine, and from what I gather on getbig, most of yall (except HH6) have zero clue what you would do... other than, "obama sucks!".     HH6 seems to be the only one with any ideas for solving the current crisis.

My beef is with everyone giving Putin love, because he makes a MAJOR decision in half a day and pushes it through parliament in 15 minutes.  YOU make sure you call obama a great leader the next time he puts US boots on the ground, without asking Congress what they think.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
I guess we'll have to bump this thread the next time Obama decides to think about an issue for "half a day" then bully it through congress in 15 minutes.

Real leaders don't do the following things, according to Rudy: "he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it."

Any decision to enter Cold War II should be made in half a day, and pushed through congress in 15 minutes.  Gotcha.  Just like Rudy said.  Read his words.  The next time Obama does that... the next time he says "Pass the bill so you can read it", let's just chalk that up to him being a good leader, okay?  No sense spending more than half a day chewing on entering a foreign civil war.

He only "works" a half a day. He might think about something for about 15-20min.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »

240 gimme a break....Obama has never acted decisively  on anything on other then whether he should use his wedge or putter. He could do plenty without breaking sweat.

I do have a huge issue with anybody left or right publically slobbering over this guy...HE WAS KGB....K...G....B
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »

I know right, like russia and the US are the same political climate. Absolutely absurd comparsion. Hitler was a leader, everyone reacted, he acted and didn't even need 15 minutes to make a decision. nor did he wait for anyone else, that's a leader right?

What I see is a person making quick rash decisions versus someone who takes a measured approach. I will take the later.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
Vince, I like you. But your knee padding Obama is pathetic. Giuliani is dead on. Putin didn't even think twice about pulling this bullshit when Bush was in. Are you kidding me??
Georgia?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »
Hitler was a poor leader...he could, however make a great speech. Like Obama, Hitler had pretty good subject matter experts. But like Obama, he doesn't listen to them very much. There is a laundry list of things that can be decided very quickly to send a message to Putin. The flash to bang time to make these decisions is small or they have no affect. In order to prevent Russian airborne troops seizing Kiev, you kind of need to send a message that such actions isn't a good idea. Once tanks are rolling into the rest of the Ukraine, your measured approach won't matter and we are then holding our breath for the next action. You don't think the Chinese are watching this...NK...Iran.

In Georgia Putin did challenge Bush. He also felt that based on what we did in Iraq he could get away with it. Bush responded with two naval frigates and we beefed up military support to the Georgian Army once the Russians pulled back. Russia learned a few things from that. They learned that on a limited and measured basis they can do what they want in their former backyard...and that when small Western trained units come up against their forces..the Russians don't do very well. I want to see if they've fixed their issues since 2008.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »
Georgia?

Coach is probably a nice enough guy but has that i hate obama so much that sometimes he doesn't see everything

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »
I can see criticizing obama, that's cool.

But to rain all these props & praise on Putin, right as we're on the edge of cold war 2?

Reminds me of the people posting "WINNING" with kadaffi... the dude was a terrorist that killed americans... but somehow people equated worshipping/praising him with dissing obama.  Hey, it's possible to diss hitler without kneepadding mussolini, folks.  I suppose if we enter WWIII, Rudy will continue his praise for such a "great leader" in Putin, even as the nukes fall on us, huh?   Unbelievable. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »
I'm actually ssurprised that rudy could say that without mentioning 911