Author Topic: Whats up with my head  (Read 9600 times)

rowdy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Whats up with my head
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:14:27 AM »
On Friday I started getting these real bad headaches.  I'm fine until I work out. About 5 minutes into lifting, during a set, my head starts to kill. Like someone has put it in a vice and squeezing it. And it will hurt for the rest of the day. I work out at noon. Then I'm fine the next morning until I lift again and same thing. Happened Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I did not lift Sunday. Any ideas.

(FYI, it also went away Friday evening but after wife and I had sex, it began to hurt again when I climaxed?)

Therefore, it must have somehing to do with a rush? ???

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Whats up with my head
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:37:36 AM »
had this myself could be due to a few things.

not enough carbs, dehydrated etc.

most likely it is not breathing out during the exertion poart of the exercise. i took a week off, wen t lighter 4 a while focused on vbreathing and i was dead on.

yea it does hurt when climazxing lol

Doc Savage

• Getbig II
  • Master debater. Cunning linguist
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »
Dude,

There is such a thing as 'exertional headache' and 'orgasmic migraine'..  see http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/orgasm-headache.html  for more info, or google the terms above.  However, new, severe headaches SHOULD NOT be ignored and you should get checked by a doctor. 

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »
Make sure to breath properly when your doing heavy lifts.  Holding your breath while straining to complete a lift (i.e. valsalva maneuver) can spike your blood pressure and may cause the symptoms you describe, especially when the brain is in a oxygen defiecient state.  Most important though to get this checked out by your doctor to rule out a more serious pathology.

rowdy

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 05:51:12 AM »
Thanks guys for the help. I will take your advice and go to Drs. today because it is still occuring. I feel like I do breathe right, but ya never know. Thanks again.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 07:36:46 AM »
Have your blood pressure checked. If its already high working out can make it sky rocket
X

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »
Have your blood pressure checked. If its already high working out can make it sky rocket
escpecially if you train very intensley with lots of supersets and then just stop when your done training.
bodybuildersreality.com

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:50:52 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. i was doing a set of 20 reps in the leg press and at about 15 I knew i was short on breath and i finished up anyways. Major head ache any time i touched a weight for the next 3 weeks but luckly it went away.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 06:33:32 AM »
Nolva one of your supplements?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 06:41:33 PM »
On Friday I started getting these real bad headaches.  I'm fine until I work out. About 5 minutes into lifting, during a set, my head starts to kill. Like someone has put it in a vice and squeezing it. And it will hurt for the rest of the day. I work out at noon. Then I'm fine the next morning until I lift again and same thing. Happened Friday, Saturday, and Monday. I did not lift Sunday. Any ideas.

(FYI, it also went away Friday evening but after wife and I had sex, it began to hurt again when I climaxed?)

Therefore, it must have somehing to do with a rush? ???

go easy on the anadrol  ;)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »
Shit go to your doctor.. you don't take risks on head pain

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 07:16:27 AM »
yeah, go to the doc...

but I pulled a muscle in my jaw from heavy leg press and it felt like my head was gonna split... didn't feel much like a pulled muscle at all

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »
could it be a neck injury? when i had a pinched nerve (or something) in my neck whenever i trained for even 2 minutes i'd get the terrible headache that lasted all day. 4 or 5 months off fixed it. :(