Author Topic: Mr. T in the 2014 HOF Class  (Read 3559 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Mr. T in the 2014 HOF Class
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »
Just announced. Thoughts?

I read that they tried to get him to go in sooner but he was mad that Pet Rose went in before him.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Mr. T in the 2014 HOF Class
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
T should be damned flattered that anyone in any branch of entertainment is willing to give him a payday at this point.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
Ask Piper and Orndorff what they think. They hated T because they felt he didn't pay his dues. I remember Piper whipping the shit out of him when Mr. T boxed Orton on primetime. Piper was putting a little extra into his effort...lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
I just yacked....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »
T not only lived his gimmick; he believed his gimmick. Piper's account of their two Mania encounters is hilarious!

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 05:43:11 AM »
He needs the 5 grand.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »
Speechless. The list of legends not inducted into the Hall of Fame, yet here we have another celebrity induction, someone who contributed nothing to the business and had no relationship with the fans.

I hope Piper shows up and throws a wooden stool at him again.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
Speechless. The list of legends not inducted into the Hall of Fame, yet here we have another celebrity induction, someone who contributed nothing to the business and had no relationship with the fans.

I hate non wrestling celebs going in, but I don't have a problem with T. He was a huge part of the first two wrestlmainias.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
I hate non wrestling celebs going in, but I don't have a problem with T. He was a huge part of the first two wrestlmainias.

And, at least he worked a couple of matches.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
Point taken, but I thought his match with Piper was terrible. And there are not too many wrestlers from back then who had any thing positive to say about him. In fact, most stories Ive heard about Mr T have been negative - from his attitude backstage to his refusal to train with the wrestlers or the boxing trainers specifically brought in for him (including Joe Frazier!). I heard Piper on Stone Cold's podcast going on about how Mr T just would not listen to any instructions during his stint. I think Mr T was an example of a celebrity who went in there trying to put themselves over, as opposed to putting the show over. There is a long list of wrestlers that should be going in before him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
Point taken, but I thought his match with Piper was terrible. And there are not too many wrestlers from back then who had any thing positive to say about him. In fact, most stories Ive heard about Mr T have been negative - from his attitude backstage to his refusal to train with the wrestlers or the boxing trainers specifically brought in for him (including Joe Frazier!). I heard Piper on Stone Cold's podcast going on about how Mr T just would not listen to any instructions during his stint. I think Mr T was an example of a celebrity who went in there trying to put themselves over, as opposed to putting the show over. There is a long list of wrestlers that should be going in before him.

T was very stubborn and arrogant by most accounts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »

He's in the celebrity wing of the Hall.

As for the regular wing, Macho Man, Honky, and Demolition are the only ones for whom I'm waiting to get the nod.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:18 AM »
He's in the celebrity wing of the Hall.

As for the regular wing, Macho Man, Honky, and Demolition are the only ones for whom I'm waiting to get the nod.

Those three of course, but what about Bulldogs, Vader, Stan Hansen, Fabolous Freebirds, Jim Cornette, Owen Hart (probably won't happen anytime soon), Miss Elizabeth, Ivan Koloff, Dr. Death, Rick Rude, The Great Muta, Midnight Express, Rock n' Roll Express and too many more to think of right now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »
WRESTLEMANIA 1 main event was electric,the crowd,participants,when they came through the curtain the buzz was deafening.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
WRESTLEMANIA 1 main event was electric,the crowd,participants,when they came through the curtain the buzz was deafening.

Did you attend that event?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »

Did you attend that event?
NO ,,,I posted like I did lol,,,no I still download that match from time to time,just liked that era/time,fans wanted blood'lol'today there in on the story/angle.i did go to a prequel match at the garden,piper smashed a plaque over lou albano's head,lauper was there,and mr t was 5 rows in front of me/dad,i said dad mrt is gonna jump in,sure enough he jumped in ..piper was awesome then pure heel.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
NO ,,,I posted like I did lol,,,no I still download that match from time to time,just liked that era/time,fans wanted blood'lol'today there in on the story/angle.i did go to a prequel match at the garden,piper smashed a plaque over lou albano's head,lauper was there,and mr t was 5 rows in front of me/dad,i said dad mrt is gonna jump in,sure enough he jumped in ..piper was awesome then pure heel.

Then, you still got a hell of a show!
That was a great time in WWF!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »

Then, you still got a hell of a show!
That was a great time in WWF!!
lol true...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 06:24:37 AM »
He is certainly the most reputable Hollywood person but supposedly in 05/06 he turned down the nomination when they inducted the Main Event of WM...saying he is not going to share the spot light with Pete Rose......

Now that he is a has-been I am sure he is eating humble pie = $$$

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
10-1 Scott Hall gets inducted next...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
10-1 Scott Hall gets inducted next...

Yea I think I read he was supposed to.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »

Yea I think I read he was supposed to.

Lol...just put raw on and they did. And nothing I  the vindicate on his WCW/NWO work where he made his cash.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
Those three of course, but what about Bulldogs, Vader, Stan Hansen, Fabolous Freebirds, Jim Cornette, Owen Hart (probably won't happen anytime soon), Miss Elizabeth, Ivan Koloff, Dr. Death, Rick Rude, The Great Muta, Midnight Express, Rock n' Roll Express and too many more to think of right now.
Liz and Owen, definitely. The rest......don't really care, especially since those who went to WWE didn't do much (well, maybe Davey Boy).

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 02:18:43 AM »
Still no Randy - makes you wonder if the rumors of he hitting on Stephanie/sleeping with her is true.

Also heard that Vince thought of Randy as a son and was very bitter when Randy jumped to WCW taking Slim Jim with him..

Guess we'll never know.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 05:38:40 AM »
Still no Randy - makes you wonder if the rumors of he hitting on Stephanie/sleeping with her is true.

Also heard that Vince thought of Randy as a son and was very bitter when Randy jumped to WCW taking Slim Jim with him..

Guess we'll never know.

Bret speculated the WCW jump was what gave Vince the red ass.
Piper claims randy slapped Vince in a bar one night...but, Piper's also done a lot of drugs.

I don't buy the Stephanie rumors, although Lanny danced around the question in an interview following Randy's passing.