Author Topic: Eating Back Calories Burned  (Read 3497 times)

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: Eating Back Calories Burned
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
The site is great for tracking calories.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »
You need to stay off My Fatness Pal, homie.

That 'eating back calories' is fucking retarded. I do 500 cals worth of deficit cardio because I want to lose weight , not eat a cheeseburger. Might as well just not bother dieting in the first place.

Not to mention the cal burn from cardio is in reality much lower than the machines report, so you can overeat and end up fatter

notice all the middle aged women fitness experts on MFP preaching 'eat back your calories' look like a sack of wobbly dog shit?

Perhaps you are not familiar with the radical concept of G-FLUX?  Expend 6000 calories and consume 6200 calories for steroid-like gains

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »
You need to stay off My Fatness Pal, homie.

That 'eating back calories' is fucking retarded. I do 500 cals worth of deficit cardio because I want to lose weight , not eat a cheeseburger. Might as well just not bother dieting in the first place.

Not to mention the cal burn from cardio is in reality much lower than the machines report, so you can overeat and end up fatter

notice all the middle aged women fitness experts on MFP preaching 'eat back your calories' look like a sack of wobbly dog shit?

MFP comes up in a lot of my google searches on nutrition and dieting and such but a lot of the people on there seem like fatsos who aren't willing to suffer to get in shape. Still some good info tho.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 05:39:38 PM »
Avesher if you have a smartphone you can download a weight loss tracker app. Those are kinda cool, I downloaded the tactio one.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »
Blazers.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
can you direct me to a good site---i like keeping track of shit

how surprising that a site adonis sent me to sucks--me thinks his only goal was to sabotage me the whole time

anyways,.. good site?

I just use fatsecret.com for the calorie count on things without labels, stay off the forums those are poisoned with obese middle aged heffers pretending to be exercise gurus

when dieting (like now) I do two big meals a day, about 800-1000 cals each and have a double scoop of whey in diet sprite while I exercise. Anything else is just too complex for me.

ismoseppo

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »
I just use fatsecret.com for the calorie count on things without labels, stay off the forums those are poisoned with obese middle aged heffers pretending to be exercise gurus

when dieting (like now) I do two big meals a day, about 800-1000 cals each and have a double scoop of whey in diet sprite while I exercise. Anything else is just too complex for me.

lol
myfitnesspal has me at 2020 calories to lose weight
myfatsecret has me at 2900 for the same weight loss level

oh brother

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
can you direct me to a good site---i like keeping track of shit

how surprising that a site adonis sent me to sucks--me thinks his only goal was to sabotage me the whole time

anyways,.. good site?
You are a complete moron.  Too stupid to use the site properly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
The site is great for tracking calories.
Its by far the best on the web.  You can always find accurate info and if it doesn`t exist, you can input it.

Knooger, you are simply killing it.  Good job my friend.

ismoseppo

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 06:46:24 PM »
ok after reading a ton of info im gonna eat back what i burn  :)

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »

I see the logic in it. You're already set up with a caloric deficit, so if you do exercise that is not factored into your calorie limit then you might be dropping your calories too far.

For now I plan on going as is and see what happens over time. I plan to keep my exercise consistent so depending on what happens I may up the calories over time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
I see the logic in it. You're already set up with a caloric deficit, so if you do exercise that is not factored into your calorie limit then you might be dropping your calories too far.

For now I plan on going as is and see what happens over time. I plan to keep my exercise consistent so depending on what happens I may up the calories over time.
Its a stupid thing to do and nobody in their right mind looking to get lean would do it.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »

don't do that.

I asked my dog about this and after he stopped licking his balls he said "LOL bro, everyone knows MFP is for fat chicks looking to rationalize pizza binges"

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
don't do that.

I asked my dog about this and after he stopped licking his balls he said "LOL bro, everyone knows MFP is for fat chicks looking to rationalize pizza binges"

LOL your dog is spot on!  ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »
lol @ eating back your calories burned from cardio when you're over 20% bf. haha
A

ismoseppo

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
don't do that.

mmmmm fat chicks and pizza
ill fit right in on this site---brb eating the calories i burned exercising  :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »
lol @ eating back your calories burned from cardio when you're over 20% bf. haha
Its just an excuse people use for lack of will power. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
I don't think science has all the answers yet. Let me explain. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. I believe calories expended on all these treadmills and cardio machines are notoriously inaccurate. I also believe there is an increase of metabolism through cardio that some will disagree with. 

I know I can lose 10 pounds in two weeks without dieting by hitting cardio hard. The math of calories used during the cardio sessions don't add up. I can only speculate that there is an after burn from a hyped metabolism. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
I don't think science has all the answers yet. Let me explain. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. I believe calories expended on all these treadmills and cardio machines are notoriously inaccurate. I also believe there is an increase of metabolism through cardio that some will disagree with. 

I know I can lose 10 pounds in two weeks without dieting by hitting cardio hard. The math of calories used during the cardio sessions don't add up. I can only speculate that there is an after burn from a hyped metabolism. 
I agree. The human bodies ability to use fuel is an extremely complex system, and while we understand the basics, we clearly still dont inderstand how all the variables can interact with the bodies various control and safety mechanism...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
Aerobic exercise (probably above a certain intensity threshold; walking like some pussy is likely not enough) will "rev up" (oh brother) your rate of energy expenditure when you are not exercising (in other words you will burn more calories sitting on the couch than you would otherwise if you hadn't exercised).

So for example if you eat 3000 kcal a day and burn 1000 with exercise, over time I would expect this to lead to greater weightloss than eating 2000 a day and burning nothing, if everything else is equal.

That said I still think re-feeding is stupid and counterproductive most of the time.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
this seems to be a divided issue on message boards i read

i entered my stats into the website i am on and in order to lose 2 pounds a week it gave me a calorie need of 2020/day. Now being that it has already put me in a calorie deficit saying i will lose 2 lbs per week at that calorie intake and based on normal day to day activity, if i go out and do strenuous exercise (lol ya right) do i eat back those calories burnt, or a portion of them? Since the site already has me in a defecit and is not accounting for calories burned with exercise

are you suggesting that if you burn 300 calories training you want to eat 300+2020 calories? I would say no

when you calculated your total daily calories you should have factored in the amount of exercise, so it was accounted for already

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »
My Fitness Pal is awesome if you use your own macro targets and DO NOT log exercise. The net calorie shit on MFP is stupid and most people there do it totally wrong.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
My Fitness Pal is awesome if you use your own macro targets and DO NOT log exercise. The net calorie shit on MFP is stupid and most people there do it totally wrong.
This!

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »