Author Topic: Steroid Myths #1... all u gotta do is take more and you'll be a freak.  (Read 77866 times)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: Steroid Myths #1... all u gotta do is take more and you'll be a freak.
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
does any non pro or non aspirational pro, realy have any need to run anything much over a gram or 2 tho?

its all personal choice i suppose, i take next to nothing anymore so my veiws arent as hardcore as they used to be

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2014, 12:35:53 PM »
I get a chuckle when I read the replies here..

Proves my point 100% with the ignorance no one and his fanboy simple Simon promote...

Thinking steroids are magic beans, and all you need to do is take more and you're on your way to a pro card.

I've yet to read one intelligent reply from Simple Simon.. no one may have some knowledge but in this thread is attacking me in proving my point 100% and his obsession and hatred for me cloud your judgement and doesn't even yet him realize it.

Typical get big.

why anybody would post pictures of themselves on this very website to go garner attention and approvalofa bunch of nobodies especially people like simpleton Simon and no one baffles me.

why don't you morons search button with my name and find the other instances where I recommend maybe 400 milligrams a week... you'll see there's just as many post with those kind of dosage is as there are with 4000 or six thousand milligrams a week dosages.

keep on replying you f****** clowns.

calm down Gloria.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

Proves my point 100% with the ignorance no one and his fanboy simple Simon promote...

Thinking steroids are magic beans, and all you need to do is take more and you're on your way to a pro card.

I've yet to read one intelligent reply from Simple Simon.. no one may have some knowledge but in this thread is attacking me in proving my point 100% and his obsession and hatred for me cloud your judgement and doesn't even yet him realize it.

Typical get big.

why anybody would post pictures of themselves on this very website to go garner attention and approvalofa bunch of nobodies especially people like simpleton Simon and no one baffles me.

why don't you morons search button with my name and find the other instances where I recommend maybe 400 milligrams a week... you'll see there's just as many post with those kind of dosage is as there are with 4000 or six thousand milligrams a week dosages.

That guy actually looks like you.  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2014, 01:59:51 PM »

The same goes with car owners who post pics of their cars on a automotive enthusiast forum or dog owners who post pics of their dogs on a dog enthusiast forum.

What a bunch of narcissist pricks for them to even consider doing such a thing.  ::) ::)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
The same goes with car owners who post pics of their cars on a automotive enthusiast forum or dog owners who post pics of their dogs on a dog enthusiast forum.

What a bunch of narcissist pricks for them to even consider doing such a thing.  ::) ::)

Yeah how dare they support their claims with evidence!!!  >:( >:(

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2014, 02:26:59 PM »
Offseason pros:

I think when you're a 300 pound bodybuilder, you tend to carry 15-20% bodyfat pretty well...

Thing is even in offseason most are never 15-20 % don't let the pics fool u

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
distended HGH gut with a film of water looks like 20% to a moron

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »

Surely Shawn Ray and Branch Warren are at least 15% in those picture? No vascularity at all. These guys have SO much muscle mass that with all the cardio and training and cutting drugs they use they literally torch fat in a matter of weeks.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
You need waved periodization and programmed Dynamic Effort days if you're ever going to succeed as a bodybuilder

Imagine how much better Arnold could have looked if he'd had access to a WSB template or had the chance to talk to Dave Tate or Mark Ripetoe. We're so lucky living in this age of free information, those poor guys in the 70s didn't even know about reverse band dead lifts or chain safety bar squats!

hahaha :D
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
I have a question to those, like wes, who say once they started just doing "whatever" in the gym
without regard to poundage, excercises, even what bodypart they will do that day, just going by feel... who say they really started growing when they did this. In scale numbers and measurements, how much did they gain? And was this with zero increase in drug dose and/or addition of different classes of drugs? So again, how much did you guys gain in hard numbers by downregulating every training parameter?

I have said something regarding bodybuilders "gaining". Most bodybuilders are not gaining shit, many haven't gained shit in decades. But many say they are making "improvements", whatever that means exactly. But it's complete BS in many many cases. Some are obviously regressing while saying they are making gains. How many would admit they peaked back in 1995 and they have been trying to merely hold on since then?

We can debate the relative importance of the big three: diet, training and drugs. But as far as the training aspect, my opinion is that muscle responds to increase in load and/or volume or intensity (means different things to people... could mean shortening rest between sets while still doing the same number of sets with the same load). I believe the load is the most important factor, others disagree. But some parameter has to progress. Or what's next, someone saying they stopped training altogether and then really started growing? ??? ::)

There have been many examples of guys, good bodybuilders injuring themselves, having to drop training loads but still able to pump and tone and squeeze as much as they want... and the result is always regression for that bodypart(s) affected. Every bodybuilder knows load matters no matter how much they say the opposite, if you used to do 10 reps in the squat with 405 and now you do 10 reps with 315 in exactly the same manner, have your legs grown? I don't think so.

Someone who wants to optimize his development I think should record all aspects (at least some type of log even if in the head only) so I agree with Coach there. You would track you food at least somewhat or your drug type/dosage, no? So why not training so you see if it's going in the right direction?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »
Yeah how dare they support their claims with evidence!!!  >:( >:(
:D :D :D :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2014, 07:50:58 PM »
I have a question to those, like wes, who say once they started just doing "whatever" in the gym
without regard to poundage, excercises, even what bodypart they will do that day, just going by feel... who say they really started growing when they did this. In scale numbers and measurements, how much did they gain? And was this with zero increase in drug dose and/or addition of different classes of drugs? So again, how much did you guys gain in hard numbers by downregulating every training parameter?

I have said something regarding bodybuilders "gaining". Most bodybuilders are not gaining shit, many haven't gained shit in decades. But many say they are making "improvements", whatever that means exactly. But it's complete BS in many many cases. Some are obviously regressing while saying they are making gains. How many would admit they peaked back in 1995 and they have been trying to merely hold on since then?

We can debate the relative importance of the big three: diet, training and drugs. But as far as the training aspect, my opinion is that muscle responds to increase in load and/or volume or intensity (means different things to people... could mean shortening rest between sets while still doing the same number of sets with the same load). I believe the load is the most important factor, others disagree. But some parameter has to progress. Or what's next, someone saying they stopped training altogether and then really started growing? ??? ::)

There have been many examples of guys, good bodybuilders injuring themselves, having to drop training loads but still able to pump and tone and squeeze as much as they want... and the result is always regression for that bodypart(s) affected. Every bodybuilder knows load matters no matter how much they say the opposite, if you used to do 10 reps in the squat with 405 and now you do 10 reps with 315 in exactly the same manner, have your legs grown? I don't think so.

Someone who wants to optimize his development I think should record all aspects (at least some type of log even if in the head only) so I agree with Coach there. You would track you food at least somewhat or your drug type/dosage, no? So why not training so you see if it's going in the right direction?

I always just load the bar with as much as I can lift for my given rep range im shooting for. Usually I have one set where I feel out my strengrh and then adjust for the remaining 3-4 sets. Some days I feel betywr lifting 10-15, others in the 5-7 rep range.  Depends on my body and how im feeling. I try to always make a mental not of the poundages im using, but I dont really worry about making sure I lift thay or more every workout... just lifting as much as I can handle for a given rep range.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
I always just load the bar with as much as I can lift for my given rep range im shooting for. Usually I have one set where I feel out my strengrh and then adjust for the remaining 3-4 sets. Some days I feel betywr lifting 10-15, others in the 5-7 rep range.  Depends on my body and how im feeling. I try to always make a mental not of the poundages im using, but I dont really worry about making sure I lift thay or more every workout... just lifting as much as I can handle for a given rep range.

Yes, you shoot for something, remembering what you've done before, but don't beat yourself up over it if you don't hit it. You listen to your body's signals, this is good. But this isn't completely instinctive, you know that if you keep doing the same thing for a year nothing will happen. But some keep saying load has zero relevance, it's all in the squeeze and contraction quality or whatever unquantifiable thing... but they are not being completely honest, they don't really believe it.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:09 AM »
VanB

I said I walk I to the gym to train a certain bodypart. when I'm there I'll do exercises I feel my body most wants to do. take chest for example. there days I can flat bench a good bit of weight. then there's days I get a better workout out of more isolation movements like flies and smith machine press.  

I don't train to move weight around happenstancely. i use as much weight as i can correctly depending on how i feel that day. the one constant is i always train to get a pump. always. if i dont get a good pump i consider it a wasted workout. if I can pick up a 40lb dumbell and get a wicked biceps workout in, why would I curl 60's, which I'm capable of doing as well. more often than not lighter weight gives me a much better workout.

you talk about 'gain'. what is 'gain' to me might not be 'gain' to you. I'm not training to look like a pro bber. in fact there's nothing I'd rather look less than. so gain for me isn't abt scale weight. it's not about increasing load parameters. everyone's idea of what gain is will be reflective of their end goal. so not everyone's will be the same. up until this January for the past two years gain for me has been abt improving the quality of my physique. the balance of it. bringing up weak parts. creating the best I could with what my genetics has to offer. and I did that.

now 'gain' for me this year is downsizing. not having that 'juiced' look. a more healthy looking functional athletic physique. and I'm on my way to achieving that. so even tho I'm getting 'smaller' I'm making improvements.

you can't say someone's ideas of what gains is is flawed or that they haven't 'gained' just because it doesn't fit into the parameters you set for yourself. gain and goal are very individualistic yardsticks by which one measures personal success.

b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »
VanB

you talk about 'gain'. what is 'gain' to me might not be 'gain' to you. I'm not training to look like a pro bber. in fact there's nothing I'd rather look less than. so gain for me isn't abt scale weight. it's not about increasing load parameters. everyone's idea of what gain is will be reflective of their end goal. so not everyone's will be the same. up until this January for the past two years gain for me has been abt improving the quality of my physique. the balance of it. bringing up weak parts. creating the best I could with what my genetics has to offer. and I did that.

now 'gain' for me this year is downsizing. not having that 'juiced' look. a more healthy looking functional athletic physique. and I'm on my way to achieving that. so even tho I'm getting 'smaller' I'm making improvements.

you can't say someone's ideas of what gains is is flawed or that they haven't 'gained' just because it doesn't fit into the parameters you set for yourself. gain and goal are very individualistic yardsticks by which one measures personal success.

True you can gain in many ways I guess, though I would rather call it improve. Gaining to me implies an increase in something, for a bodybuilder that would be muscle.

If someone on a bodybuilding forum says, "I'm making the best gains of my life right now" I always assumed they meant they were putting on lean lbs, otherwise they would say, "I'm getting leaner and looking better than ever" etc. I don't know what others think when they read that.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2014, 02:13:40 AM »
yeh, ive always rolled my eyes at anyone whos trained more than a few years claiming to have gained....

only one way to gain after years in the gym, increase dose, increase food, increase weight/intensity..

however you can maintain on pink dumbells, you can regain some of what youve lost after injury or a lay off on pink dumbells and small doses etc,,, you wont ever get past or get back to your peak tho

que some deluded kunt to angrily claim to be gaining after 20yrs in the gym.......

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2014, 02:17:48 AM »
Only read the first 5 posts,

ESFitness is full of shit, end of.

Not even worthy of a BigCyp owning.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
VanB

I said I walk I to the gym to train a certain bodypart. when I'm there I'll do exercises I feel my body most wants to do. take chest for example. there days I can flat bench a good bit of weight. then there's days I get a better workout out of more isolation movements like flies and smith machine press.  

I don't train to move weight around happenstancely. i use as much weight as i can correctly depending on how i feel that day. the one constant is i always train to get a pump. always. if i dont get a good pump i consider it a wasted workout. if I can pick up a 40lb dumbell and get a wicked biceps workout in, why would I curl 60's, which I'm capable of doing as well. more often than not lighter weight gives me a much better workout.

LMAO Jesus christ you are a dumb fuck.

"gains" are gains you dipshit.
A

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2014, 04:15:25 AM »

Very good post. When you think of the dominant bodybuilders of each era they all have one thing in common - emphasis on training. Whether it be load or intensity, the greats always made training the focus and used diet and drugs to drive the training adaptation. Coleman, Yates, Haney and pretty much everybody in Arnold's era. And before that guys like Bill Pearl created massive physiques using modest amounts of drugs but again focusing on their training.

It still shocks me how many people "do this" yet have such disregard for the training aspect of it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:36 AM »
LAST 6 POSTS OR SO ON THIS PAGE IS WHY WE COME TO GET BIG.HEAR WHAT POSTERS HERE GAIN OR DO TO MAKE THERE PHYSIQUE WHAT IT IS,VAN B ALWAYS HAS GOOD READ/INSIGHT INTO THINGS...

Simple Simon

« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »

Isn't it me and no one making gains on 1/10th of what you advocate?

Surely you have got your wires crossed with that bollocks.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

That guy actually looks like you.  ;D
;D
a

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »

That guy actually looks like you.  ;D

if it makes you feel better about your pathetic life to think anything you say on her, or even do in real life, matters to me one bit, go ahead.

the fact is you're pathetic. nothing constructive ever comes from you. you have nothing to contribute, on her and I suspect in life.

so, if this website is the shining star in your day, then go on and keep doing what you're doing. you're not fooling anybody.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »
many typical uninformed, ignorant 'getbig' responses in this thread, and people missing the point entirely.

like a bunch of high school pot-heads, thinking ppl are laughing 'with them' instead of 'at them'.

Simple Simon

« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:37 PM »
Isn't it me and no one making gains on 1/10th of what you advocate?

Surely you have got your wires crossed with that bollocks.
Shame you failed to address this point on your last visit ESF.

Never mind.