Author Topic: STUPID Republican Voters  (Read 14200 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: STUPID Republican Voters
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
You're wasting your time, ...some people are simply too far gone to get it.

Oooh ...rich mans dick, my favourite kind.  :P 

Bear can help you out here.

Granted the old men he rents his ass out too prefers a little closed case republican but maybe you will get lucky.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »

Bear can help you out here.

Granted the old men he rents his ass out too prefers a little closed case republican but maybe you will get lucky.

when you have no rational argument and you don't have facts to back up your silly outlook on party politics, you call people "gay". 

if it makes me gay to not believe your childish views of politics then I guess yeah i'm gay.  not that there's anything wrong with that.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
you cannot be serious with this post.  I don't even know where to start.

We know Bear you are a little fag who cant Cope with reality.

I know you are an idiot but here is your chance to convince the rest of the board otherwise.

Try to answer the Mans question, it should be easy considering we are all dumb liberals no?

(Im betting you can't so I will be calling you coward from now on until you do)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
We know Bear you are a little fag who cant Cope with reality.

I know you are an idiot but here is your chance to convince the rest of the board otherwise.

Try to answer the Mans question, it should be easy considering we are all dumb liberals no?

(Im betting you can't so I will be calling you coward from now on until you do)

don't get all the "gay" talk but OK.

I do not believe raising the minimum wage is always a good thing for the lower income demographic.  if you had even the most basic understanding of macroeconomics you would know that there are both short term and long term advantages and disadvantages of raising the minimum wage.  the fact that you outright assume that this will help the lower income demographic just shows that you don't know dick about economics.

extending unemployment benefits solves what?  keeps the poor happy for a little longer?  while still keeping them poor?  they need jobs man.  this is simply a case of political posturing.  again, macroeconomics 101.  you do understand that Bush extended unemployment benefits too right?  no you probably didn't.  that's just something administrations do when they can't produce jobs.  Bush couldn't create jobs.  he extends unemployment benefits.  Obama can't create jobs.  he extends unemployment benefits.  the fact that you think Obama should use his extension of unemployment benefits as a feather in his cap just shows how fucking vapid you are. 

if you're convinced that Obamacare is a great thing this early in the game, I don't believe you are thinking critically enough.  I hope more than anyone that you're right and I'm wrong about this.  I have never been able to make sense of how this will improve our health care system.  I am open minded about this but when my health care premiums for my business go through the roof on January 1, 2015 i'm not going to sit here and pretend that I think its a good thing.  i'm not rich.  I make decent money and work hard for it.  why am I paying more? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
you cannot be serious with this post.  I don't even know where to start.

start at the first one and work down

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
as minimum wage rises, so does unemployment, so do prices to consumers.  I mean this is basic, like first chapter Macroeconomics shit.  ridiculous that you question something economists have known for literally hundreds of years. 

are you aware there is actual evidence to the contrary

go look at the effects the economy in areas that have higher minimum wages than the federal mandated minimum wage

If I bother to post a bunch of info (actual real life examples) will you just say it's goes against common sense and therefore can't be true

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
are you aware there is actual evidence to the contrary

go look at the effects the economy in areas that have higher minimum wages than the federal mandated minimum wage

If I bother to post a bunch of info (actual real life examples) will you just say it's goes against common sense and therefore can't be true

did you read my fucking post?  like I said in my previous post, there can be advantages to raising minimum wage.  did you read that?

now raising minimum wage can have a positive effect on the economy.  that's true.  but raising minimum wage in an economy while at the same time raising taxes in that same economy can have disastrous consequences.  we are going through a period of increased taxes, federal, state, sales tax, etc.  and you think this is a good time to raise minimum wage?  dude go back to school.  seriously.  that can't possibly make sense to you.

but you're all for it in ANY situation.  because you're a liberal who doesn't think things through and has zero education in economics or tax policy.  just like you can't simply read my post and understand that I'm not saying that a raise in minimum wage is ALWAYS the wrong decision.  you believe that raising minimum wage is something you do because you're nice.  and not raising minimum wage is something that you do if you're mean.

your childish rhetoric is exhausting and its ridiculous that you vote.  honestly.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:29 PM »
did you read my fucking post?  like I said in my previous post, there can be advantages to raising minimum wage.  did you read that?

now raising minimum wage can have a positive effect on the economy.  that's true.  but raising minimum wage in an economy while at the same time raising taxes in that same economy can have disastrous consequences.  we are going through a period of increased taxes, federal, state, sales tax, etc.  and you think this is a good time to raise minimum wage?  dude go back to school.  seriously.  that can't possibly make sense to you.

but you're all for it in ANY situation.  because you're a liberal who doesn't think things through.  just like you can't simply read my post and understand that I'm not saying that a raise in minimum wage is ALWAYS the wrong decision.  you believe that raising minimum wage is something you do because you're nice.  and not raising minimum wage is something that you do if you're mean.

your childish rhetoric is exhausting and its ridiculous that you vote.  honestly.

See you actually never said anything at all. What are the benefits and drawbacks? saying they exist isn't saying anything at all. Your post has no content at all.

Raising min wage can have great effects, sometimes it's bad, we have a bad economy, you think it will help the lower demographic, haha, there are long and short term consequences , go back to school, im a retard.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 05:37:02 PM »
did you read my fucking post?  like I said in my previous post, there can be advantages to raising minimum wage.  did you read that?

now raising minimum wage can have a positive effect on the economy.  that's true.  but raising minimum wage in an economy while at the same time raising taxes in that same economy can have disastrous consequences.  we are going through a period of increased taxes, federal, state, sales tax, etc.  and you think this is a good time to raise minimum wage?  dude go back to school.  seriously.  that can't possibly make sense to you.

but you're all for it in ANY situation.  because you're a liberal who doesn't think things through and has zero education in economics or tax policy.  just like you can't simply read my post and understand that I'm not saying that a raise in minimum wage is ALWAYS the wrong decision.  you believe that raising minimum wage is something you do because you're nice.  and not raising minimum wage is something that you do if you're mean.

your childish rhetoric is exhausting and its ridiculous that you vote.  honestly.

childish rhetoric?

sheesh, like you said previously. I don't even know where to start with what you wrote

let's start with you not putting words in my mouth.  Please show me where I said I'm for raising the minimum wage in ANY situation

would you really like to have in depth discussion on this issue

If so, let's start with your claim that raising the minimum wage results in job loss?

Your brought up that is was basic macro economics but actual economists (I assume you are not one) can't even agree if that's true in the real world

Raising the minimum wage increases unemployment.

In a perfectly competitive market, anything that raises the wage above a level at which the supply of workers equals the demand for them will create unemployment. But a perfectly competitive labor market requires that neither workers nor firms have bargaining power; that everyone has all the necessary information; that workers are a commodity, rather than different people with different skills and a need to be motivated; and that there are no frictions preventing supply from matching demand.

Although everyone I know who teaches introductory economics presents this model to students, few believe that it describes the real world. In fact, in a survey of 40 leading economists through the Initiative on Global Markets, a diverse group including both prominent liberals and conservatives, only about a third agreed that raising the minimum wage would make it harder for low-skilled workers to find employment. Because only about one in 10 thought the costs of hiring probably would be bigger than the benefits of higher wages for low-skilled workers, even that number overstates how concerned these economists are about the potential negative effects of raising the minimum wage.

So what’s the discrepancy between theory and what so many economists think? When economists have analyzed the data, many have found few, if any, negative effects of a minimum wage on employment. This has shifted some of the thinking in the profession — and pointed to flaws in a perfectly competitive model.

Paying workers more often leads them to feel better about their work and reduces stress, both of which increase productivity. And when workers produce more, employers’ labor costs fall. Companies such as Costco have figured this out, and voluntarily pay higher wages. Other firms may not care whether they pay less and get less from their workers, or pay more and get more.

But workers aren’t indifferent to this choice. A family trying to survive on the minimum wage can find itself living deep in poverty. Raising the minimum wage would not only lift some families out of poverty, but their additional earnings would contribute to the overall economy by raising demand and job growth as they spend more in their communities

http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-economic-experts-panel/poll-results?SurveyID=SV_br0IEq5a9E77NMV

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-minimum-wage/2013/04/05/d89b5fa8-9c8f-11e2-9a79-eb5280c81c63_story.html

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
childish rhetoric?

sheesh, like you said previously. I don't even know where to start with what you wrote

let's start with you not putting words in my mouth.  Please show me where I said I'm for raising the minimum wage in ANY situation

would you really like to have in depth discussion on this issue

If so, let's start with your claim that raising the minimum wage results in job loss?

Your brought up that is was basic macro economics but actual economists (I assume you are not one) can't even agree if that's true in the real world

http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-economic-experts-panel/poll-results?SurveyID=SV_br0IEq5a9E77NMV

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-minimum-wage/2013/04/05/d89b5fa8-9c8f-11e2-9a79-eb5280c81c63_story.html

Why do we  not have a strong manufacturing base in this country?  Why is labor outsourcing a common practice?  What types of businesses do you think will be effected the most by increasing minimum wage?
A

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
Although everyone I know who teaches introductory economics presents this model to students, few believe that it describes the real world. In fact, in a survey of 40 leading economists through the Initiative on Global Markets, a diverse group including both prominent liberals and conservatives, only about a third agreed that raising the minimum wage would make it harder for low-skilled workers to find employment. Because only about one in 10 thought the costs of hiring probably would be bigger than the benefits of higher wages for low-skilled workers, even that number overstates how concerned these economists are about the potential negative effects of raising the minimum wage.

and absolutely NOTHING in here about how concurrently raising taxes would affect this.  

How are you going about freeing up capital for these businesses to increase their payroll expense?  by raising taxes on these businesses?  because that's what we're doing.  is this addressed at all?  I NEVER said we should NEVER raise minimum wage.  I absolutely disagree that we should do it right now.  why would we?  put an extra burden on businesses after we raised taxes already?  

this snippet of an article which talks about a snippet of a survey isn't addressing these very important points.  you're completely ignoring them because you're too busy cheerleading.  do you want me to start posting links where they quote bits and pieces of studies and ignore telling the reader all the assumptions that these assertions are based upon?  i can do that too.  

you're very typical.  you're falling prey to "soundbyte journalism"............because you're fucking stupid.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 06:15:55 PM »

and absolutely NOTHING in here about how concurrently raising taxes would affect this.  

How are you going about freeing up capital for these businesses to increase their payroll expense?  by raising taxes on these businesses?  because that's what we're doing.  is this addressed at all?  I NEVER said we should NEVER raise minimum wage.  I absolutely disagree that we should do it right now.  why would we?  put an extra burden on businesses after we raised taxes already?  

this snippet of an article which talks about a snippet of a survey isn't addressing these very important points.  you're completely ignoring them because you're too busy cheerleading.  do you want me to start posting links where they quote bits and pieces of studies and ignore telling the reader all the assumptions that these assertions are based upon?  i can do that too.  

you're very typical.  you're falling prey to "soundbyte journalism"............because you're fucking stupid.

do you see me calling you names in this thread or ranting and raving when challenged about something

if you want to act like a normal human being then we can have a conversation

if you can't do that then I'm not interested

your choice

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
Why do we  not have a strong manufacturing base in this country?  Why is labor outsourcing a common practice?  What types of businesses do you think will be effected the most by increasing minimum wage?

just remember this is the guy who thinks that Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy.  

he listed it as a reason why Democrats care about poor people and Republicans don't.  oh yeah he conveniently left out the fact that GWB did the same exact thing back in 2008 either because he didn't know or because he was purposefully leaving it out because the facts didn't suit his argument.

he obviously doesn't care about actually doing some critical thinking on his own.  he's too busy skimming articles and posting links.  

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »
do you see me calling you names in this thread or ranting and raving when challenged about something

if you want to act like a normal human being then we can have a conversation

if you can't do that then I'm not interested

your choice

I guess you haven't.  I apologize.  i'm being a dick. 

but dude I've been called a homo like 9 times in the past 4 hours.  cut me some slack.  only my wife gets to call me that when I refuse to take out the garbage.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
Why do we  not have a strong manufacturing base in this country?  Why is labor outsourcing a common practice?  What types of businesses do you think will be effected the most by increasing minimum wage?

when did we start losing it and what caused it?

the minimum wage (in terms of buying power peaked in 1968) and has been going down ever since

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »
I guess you haven't.  I apologize.  i'm being a dick. 

but dude I've been called a homo like 9 times in the past 4 hours.  cut me some slack.  only my wife gets to call me that when I refuse to take out the garbage.

fair enough

I only resort to the name calling an such when it's started by someone else but I'd alway prefer to avoid it and I try to have civil conversations with everyone else

Also, please stop making claim about what I said (putting words in my mouth)

I never said Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
when did we start losing it and what caused it?

the minimum wage (in terms of buying power peaked in 1968) and has been going down ever since

Whats the justification for labor outsourcing?  What business would be effected the most by a minimum wage increase?   How will businesses make up for the increase in labor costs?
A

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 06:34:10 PM »
fair enough

I only resort to the name calling an such when it's started by someone else but I'd alway prefer to avoid it and I try to have civil conversations with everyone else

Also, please stop making claim about what I said (putting words in my mouth)

I never said Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy

eh but you kind of did.

Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do.  Poor and middle class have two choices; support the political party that panders to them but doesnt care(republicans) or vote for the party that openly scorns them and passses legislation against their interests(democrats).  Not much of a choice.

YOUR RESPONSE

that must be why Obama and some Dems are pushing for higher minimum wage

that must be why Dems kept pushing to extend unemployment benefit

that must be why Dems pushed to pass the ACA and expansion of Medicare

All legislation that goes against the interests of the poor and middle class

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
eh but you kind of did.

Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do.  Poor and middle class have two choices; support the political party that panders to them but doesnt care(republicans) or vote for the party that openly scorns them and passses legislation against their interests(democrats).  Not much of a choice.

YOUR RESPONSE

I don't see the quote where you claim I said "Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy"

or even a close paraphrase

please learn to use the quote function

here is the post that you're referring to and my response

Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do.  Poor and middle class have two choices; support the political party that panders to them but doesnt care(republicans) or vote for the party that openly scorns them and passses legislation against their interests(democrats).  Not much of a choice.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 08:30:08 AM »
I don't see the quote where you claim I said "Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy"

or even a close paraphrase

please learn to use the quote function

here is the post that you're referring to and my response

in response to the statement that "Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do. "  

you said "that must be why Dems kept pushing to extend unemployment benefit"

your claim is obviously that Obama extending unemployment benefits was evidence that Democrats DO care for poor and middle class.  

and its a silly childish claim.  Bush extended unemployment benefits too.  so do you believe that he cared for the poor and middle class?

like I said before.  the Bush administration couldn't create jobs, so they extended unemployment benefits.  The Obama administration can't create jobs.  that's why they extended unemployment benefits.  your claim that unemployment benefits are extended because the administration cares about poor and middle class is quite simply ignorant.  its simply a band aid solution for an administration that can't get shit done.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2014, 02:07:43 PM »
in response to the statement that "Democrats care as little for poor and middle class whites as the Republicans do. "  

you said "that must be why Dems kept pushing to extend unemployment benefit"

your claim is obviously that Obama extending unemployment benefits was evidence that Democrats DO care for poor and middle class.  

and its a silly childish claim.  Bush extended unemployment benefits too.  so do you believe that he cared for the poor and middle class?

like I said before.  the Bush administration couldn't create jobs, so they extended unemployment benefits.  The Obama administration can't create jobs.  that's why they extended unemployment benefits.  your claim that unemployment benefits are extended because the administration cares about poor and middle class is quite simply ignorant.  its simply a band aid solution for an administration that can't get shit done.  

here is your claim of what I "think"

yet I've never said this or anything close to it

I've never said Obama did anything because he's "such a good guy"

If you don't understand that I never said what you've attributed to me then we're done talking

just remember this is the guy who thinks that Obama extended unemployment benefits because he's such a good guy.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »
here is your claim of what I "think"

yet I've never said this or anything close to it

I've never said Obama did anything because he's "such a good guy"

If you don't understand that I never said what you've attributed to me then we're done talking

how is what you said not close to that? 

your response to someone saying that democrats don't care about poor people was to comment on how Democrats extended unemployment benefits.  of course at the time you were unaware that Bush did the same thing back in 2008 but you said it anyway.  was it not?  if not then explain what you meant by that post.  I bet you won't. 

you're obviously just backpedalling now and denying what you wrote using semantics as your excuse.  because you know what you wrote was silly and ignorant.  no one who read your post would believe that's not what you meant.  and yeah we're done talking unless you explain what you meant by that post. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »

how is what you said not close to that? 

your response to someone saying that democrats don't care about poor people was to comment on how Democrats extended unemployment benefits.  of course at the time you were unaware that Bush did the same thing back in 2008 but you said it anyway.  was it not?  if not then explain what you meant by that post.  I bet you won't. 

you're obviously just backpedalling now and denying what you wrote using semantics as your excuse.  because you know what you wrote was silly and ignorant.  no one who read your post would believe that's not what you meant.  and yeah we're done talking unless you explain what you meant by that post. 

caring about the poor or middle class is not the same thing as doing something because he is a "nice guy"

stop trying to take what I've said and then attribute your own meaning to it

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »
caring about the poor or middle class is not the same thing as doing something because he is a "nice guy"

stop trying to take what I've said and then attribute your own meaning to it

stop...... just stop.  EVERYONE who read your post knew what you meant by it.  and it was an ill conceived, ignorant statement.  and now you're still backpedalling.  keep looking back.  you're going to knock over the furniture.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
stop...... just stop.  EVERYONE who read your post knew what you meant by it.  and it was an ill conceived, ignorant statement.  and now you're still backpedalling.  keep looking back.  you're going to knock over the furniture.

dude - you didn't even know what I meant

you just made up your own meaning to what I wrote