Author Topic: 2014 IFBB Europa Dallas - Branch Warren wins! Results!  (Read 25766 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Branch Warren wins 2014 IFBB Europa Dallas Supershow
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
Inflation maybe?

To a degree. But, that doesn't account for why only the winner got paid back in Arnold's day. One year the prize money actually went DOWN, from $1000 to $750.

Simple Simon

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »
Certainly enough people dig today's bodybuilders or they wouldn't have the careers they have, especially in light of the aforementioned lack of mainstream press. Heath isn't getting $200,000 for winning the O, if there isn't a substantial audience that like his look.
Money isnt just generated from ticket sales at shows, its the judges who like his look, its also the judges who like Branches look, two bodybuilders a country mile apart but winning shows.
The IFBB markets them both to make money from two sets of opposing fans.
Look at premiership football
The wage bills for the clubs far exceeds ticket sales, so where does the money come from, its merchandise, shirt sales, sponsorships advertising.
Clubs signing David Beckham in his latter years couldnt give a fuck if he could play, they just put out a "Beckham" shirt and raked in the money.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Branch Warren wins「2014 IFBB Europa Dallas Supershow 」
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »
you have to be some seriously itty bitty midget to be 4 inches shorter than shawn ray

Branch has a saggy chest!  ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2014, 02:23:58 PM »
Bodybuilding = Deader Than Disco

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

What a fucking shame!  :(

On checking out Fouads pics again,damn did he get robbed in a big big way........must be totally discouraging.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
Your qualification of "some" and "nobody" is a bit subjective to say the least. If more people dug Arnold's physique, then you'd have to explain why Heath gets six-figure for being Mr. O, or why guys who placed last at the O got as much money as Arnold (and only Arnold) got for winning it.

I've met people who admired Heath's physique; and I've met people who thought Shawn Ray (hardly a monster by bodybuilding standards) was "disgusting" and all those other negative items.

Certainly enough people dig today's bodybuilders or they wouldn't have the careers they have, especially in light of the aforementioned lack of mainstream press. Heath isn't getting $200,000 for winning the O, if there isn't a substantial audience that like his look.

That makes my point. These small groups add up over time. YouTube allows the reaching of certain niches without the need for mainstream press. The bodybuilders have to follow up on it. But, those that do can parlay success from it. Kali Muscle is a prime example. And, didn't CT Fletcher just nab an endorsement deal with MusclePharm, based on his YouTube videos. Prior to that, he was basically a retired, virtually unknown powerlifter, sidelined with a near life-ending heart attack.

Perhaps, I should have phrased my previous statement better. No one's disagreeing with you on that point. BUT, my point is that a show on a mainstream channel is NO LONGER the lone gateway to success, in terms of marketing bodybuilding. That's how bodybuilding has thrived, DESPITE its being dropped from stations like ESPN, which again were aired often during the wee hours of the morning with partial coverage of contests, that happened months before that broadcast.
It's dead, bro. Bodybuilding is dead. Let it go. Embrace the new, healthier, more sane look society wants now. Leave the Heaths and Ruhls with the Egyptian pyramids where they belong.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

What a fucking shame!  :(

On checking out Fouads pics again,damn did he get robbed in a big big way........must be totally discouraging.
Nah. He's not intelligent enough to realize it's a waste of time. He's been getting screwed for years and keeps coming back for more punishment. In that sense, he's perfectly cut out for picking up heavy things and putting them down.

Simple Simon

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
It's dead, bro. Bodybuilding is dead. Let it go. Embrace the new, healthier, more sane look society wants now. Leave the Heaths and Ruhls with the Egyptian pyramids where they belong.
Physique is taking over in a big way.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
The only thing wrong with physique is those fucking stupid shorts..........they should just wear classic Arnold era type trunks.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2014, 02:34:48 PM »
It's actually starting to do the unthinkable and make me consider going back to the gym, starting a clean diet, and hitting the chav toaster a few times a month. Because it looks attainable and visually-pleasing (in my view) at the same time.

Looking at the guys on FLEX or MD the last few years, I couldn't even get past the first page. Half the outlets where I used to buy them took them off the shelves due to low sales.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »

WTF ???

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:23 PM »
I'll give Wes the point about the shorts, but that's a contest thing. In a pair of jeans or cargo pants, this is a very respectable look.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »
It's actually starting to do the unthinkable and make me consider going back to the gym, starting a clean diet, and hitting the chav toaster a few times a month. Because it looks attainable and visually-pleasing (in my view) at the same time.

Looking at the guys on FLEX or MD the last few years, I couldn't even get past the first page. Half the outlets where I used to buy them took them off the shelves due to low sales.
an aesthetic shredded body with full head of hair looks more attainable than bald head bloated roid pig?

lol

wake up bro

dreaming again

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
an aesthetic shredded body with full head of hair looks more attainable than bald head bloated roid pig?

lol

wake up bro

dreaming again
The hair part is not a bad point. I'm thinning like you are.

The rest, I bet a natural can do with some preworkout supps. and slightly above-average genetics. Probably won't look like the stage guys but some realistic variant of it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »

WTF ???
why does branch spread his legs wider every year while posing?

is it a delusional thing?

is he a 9 foot goliath in his mind?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »
The hair part is not a bad point. I'm thinning like you are.

The rest, I bet a natural can do with some preworkout supps. and slightly above-average genetics. Probably won't look like the stage guys but some realistic variant of it.
LMAO

good one

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »
Branch's forearms have basically melted off. Makes it look like he has big arms attached to sticks, like kebabs.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
LMAO

good one
Dude, there's guys on prohormones who are bigger than you. Don't take this the wrong way, but with your stack, a hebrew would be like 40lbs heavier. You're maxed out. Time to hang it up and shoot for something realistic before your liver crumbles like Styrofoam under a tire track.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »
Dude, there's guys on prohormones who are bigger than you. Don't take this the wrong way, but with your stack, a hebrew would be like 40lbs heavier. You're maxed out. Time to hang it up and shoot for something realistic.
a word that doesnt apply to you

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
a word that doesnt apply to you
It's okay to be upset with your genetic limitations. We've all been there. The sooner you accept you're never going to be big or ripped no matter how many chemicals you inject crookedly in your small glutes, the happier you'll be. ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
It's okay to be upset with your genetic limitations. We've all been there. The sooner you accept you're never going to be big or ripped no matter how many chemicals you inject crookedly in your small glutes, the happier you'll be. ;)

yes, it is quite clear by now that Anabolichalo really has subpar genetics for bodybuilding.
X

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Yet his fellow competitors keep quiet about his gifts.
Wheres another Lee Priest when you need him.

At one Mr. O press conference a few years ago one guy did have a go at him. Branch kept saying 'Maybe you're not winning cause there's something wrong with your body' and he basically replied how can you win with torn muscles and there's nothing wrong with the body it's you winning looking like shit. This was after he beat Wolf in some bullshit again.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
Ice you're a smart guy but I don't agree with this. Halo built a good foundation before hopping on the juice and is pretty complete. If he is honest about his dosages and the most he has taken is test at 750mg per week I think he has plenty of potential. You don't agree?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
Ice you're a smart guy but I don't agree with this. Halo built a good foundation before hopping on the juice and is pretty complete. If he is honest about his dosages and the most he has taken is test at 750mg per week I think he has plenty of potential. You don't agree?
No, I don't. That's a dosage some guys do state level shows with here. Granted, dosages vary by person but here's an example of a guy who did nationals a few years ago after winning states and he was using 1200mg/week and 3 IUs of GH. I saw his gear as he was selling it at my gym and we've known each other years, no reason for him to BS about the amount.

Clearly blows "Leopold" out the water.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »

And what look is that? People thought that Shawn Ray was "too big". Heck, they'd even say that about Frank Zane if they saw him in his prime.

You're making my point, yet again. All the stuff you're saying now is almost VERBATIM what other people were saying 20 years ago.