Author Topic: Georgia and Guns  (Read 4479 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Georgia and Guns
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 08:30:01 PM »
Yes, but this is 'Murica, so how you dare take away our rights. I mean, we all know this is the 1800's, where cowboys are riding around on horses.

Dont be surprised if you see this soon. Everyone thinks their a badass because they carry around a gun.  ::) ::)

Oh brother...here we go... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »

The Good ol' days, 2 gents settling their issues mano a mano for the last time

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
Different country. You're from Ireland, you don't deal with the types of of violence we have in the States. It's common to have parking lot robberies, etc....

Yes, but the reason for that fear is widespread gun ownership....

I am glad we don't have guns here, but I see how it would be pointless trying to ban them now in US. Like saying US will decommission its nuclear arsenal while allowing Russia etc keep theirs.

Surely you think it is odd to have people walk into a Starbucks with an AR-15 though???

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »
Yes, but this is 'Murica, so how you dare take away our rights. I mean, we all know this is the 1800's, where cowboys are riding around on horses.

Dont be surprised if you see this soon. Everyone thinks their a badass because they carry around a gun.  ::) ::)

you're trolling is weak...

bench

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 08:36:44 PM »
I don't see the problem except that one guy got mouthy demanding to see a license he didn't need to.  The 2nd guy made his point, paid for his stuff and was leaving.  The cops showed up and wrote a BS ticket.  No one got shot.  Move on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »

I am glad we don't have guns here, but I see how it would be pointless trying to ban them now in US. Like saying US will decommission its nuclear arsenal while allowing Russia etc keep theirs.

Surely you think it is odd to have people walk into a Starbucks with an AR-15 though???

great points.   I would LOVE to live in a world with zero guns.  but since we do live in a place where bad guys have guns, we good guys have to carry them as well.  I've carried for 17 years now.  I live in a place where most people carry - discreetly.  You don't know who has one, and who does not.  and it works.  

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »

bench
;D
Btw, ended up with the RI1911. The laws out here have really fucked the market.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
THIS THIS THIS.

I keep saying this.  Every state in the USA should have concealed carry.  NO states should have open carry.  Everyone with a brain knows the concealed carry is a HUGE advantage in real life.  The only people that want to incite every room with "oooh, that badass has a gun!" are insecure idiots trying to prove they are important.  Responsible gun owners carry their weapon every day of their life, and most people around them have ZERO clue about it.

And I've been saying it won't be long until there's a confrontation between two legal carrying people, where one ends up blasting the other because he won't "comply".  

The random customer who approached a person and DEMANDED TO SEE HIS PAPERS is a complete idiot.  Pulling his gun in a threatening manner... ready to execute the guy because he won't show a random stranger his "papers".... what a fckhead.  What a moron.   If I'm carrying, and a non-police demands to see my paper, I'm telling him to kiss my ass.   THEN, he pulls a gun in a threatening manner, ready to shoot/arrest/detain me?  WTF is that?  

..says the guy with moronic photos of himself brandishing his glocks. You're the one to talk.  ::)

Glad you're so passionate on this one. Thankfully your opinion means dick and the majority of states allow open carry.

I don't open carry but I'm not going to begrudge someone for exercising their rights. Carry a fucking desert eagle on your waist for all I care.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 08:43:47 PM »
I don't see the problem except that one guy got mouthy demanding to see a license he didn't need to.  The 2nd guy made his point, paid for his stuff and was leaving.  The cops showed up and wrote a BS ticket.  No one got shot.  Move on.

x2

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »
great points.   I would LOVE to live in a world with zero guns.  but since we do live in a place where bad guys have guns, we good guys have to carry them as well.  I've carried for 17 years now.  I live in a place where most people carry - discreetly.  You don't know who has one, and who does not.  and it works.  

A lot of people from both sides don't see this disparity. For you guns are commonplace so you have to deal with the issue of widespread gun ownership. Any robbery or threatening situation, even road rage, could mean guns, Here, guns are confined to gangland crime and farmers.

You can't reverse an invention or a culture.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
;D
Btw, ended up with the RI1911. The laws out here have really fucked the market.
its a good gun..it'll do everything you ask of it

im still waiting on a few tax stamps

bench

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »
..says the guy with moronic photos of himself brandishing his glocks. You're the one to talk.  ::)

Glad you're so passionate on this one. Thankfully your opinion means dick and the majority of states allow open carry.

I don't open carry but I'm not going to begrudge someone for exercising their rights. Carry a fucking desert eagle on your waist for all I care.

States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)

AlaskaMontanaIdahoWyomin gNevadaArizonaNew MexicoSouth DakotaVermontKentuckyVir ginia

States permit open carry with restrictions: (13)

UtahNorth DakotaMinnesotaIowaTenne sseeMississippiGeorgiaIn dianaMarylandNew JerseyRhode IslandConnecticutMassach usetts

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
For you guns are commonplace

Guns aren't really common place in that regard, chances are you'll be using your gun to defend yourself from an unarmed assault, or maybe someone with a knife.

I've been in tons of road rage situations and witnessed tons of good fights and never once seen a gun come out. It's not like the movies portray it. Gun violence is pretty much exclusive to the ghetto.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »

As far as carry* , if some guy wants to carry while shopping, banking etc.... I don't have a problem with it because 99.9% of the people that have carry permits are never going to be a problem, and the criminals are just going to carry illegally anyway.

As far as concealed, open, etc... carry, that is a debate that rages on in the gun owning community, the vast majority prefer concealed carry, there is a tinier group that goes something like "open carry, but pistols only" which isn't that bad. And then there are the AR-15, Ak-47, etc.... guys. Believe me when I tell you that they receive almost no support from the firearms community. They are on the fringiest of fringes, but they get all the news because of the extremest nature of it.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 08:58:45 PM »
States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)

AlaskaMontanaIdahoWyomin gNevadaArizonaNew MexicoSouth DakotaVermontKentuckyVir ginia

States permit open carry with restrictions: (13)

UtahNorth DakotaMinnesotaIowaTenne sseeMississippiGeorgiaIn dianaMarylandNew JerseyRhode IslandConnecticutMassach usetts

Your math is off.

the majority of states allow open carry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 09:13:29 PM »
Oh brother...here we go... ::)

If you were to open up your eyes, cone head, you would clearly see that two law abiding citizens, who were given the rights to carry guns, almost had a standoff. Well, one guy, really.

This sort of dispels the whole myth that everyone who carries a gun is "responsible."
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

bench

Trolling? On page 1 you agreed with me! Now I am trolling.  ::) ::)
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:19 PM »
2 things that piss me off

1)open carry is retarded..conceal that shit and stop playing cowboy..your impressing no one at your local dairy queen

2) are these jack offs going to get the proper training before being set loose on society?

I am very pro gun..I'm pretty sure I've made that clear...but I'm very against concealed and open carry programs for the untrained masses...they don't know how to clear corners, clear a room, be mindful of target backing, or barriers....

gun are dangerous...ITS WHY WE NEED THEM! BUT WITHOUT PROPER TRAINING ITS A DISASTER!

bench
Have you ever been behind someone and wonder how they got their license? This may start to apply here. You cannot be too sure of the training that the other person has, especially if they are trying to play cowboy. And considering all the people with mental health issues these days...you may have someone who feels like a cowboy today, and The Punisher the next. This is not the days of the Samurai, where there was civility and respect and everybody had at least one sword on them (many times two).

All this does is increase the calls for Georgia police and glut up the system.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
the people in the permit classes... it's SCARY how stupid they are.   "Can I shoot someone if..."

it's like they're begging for a reason to execute someone.  Guns are a LAST resort.  Killing someone is a LAST LAST resort.  I've sat thru a few classes with friends... and it's always some insecure, small-penis balding 40-something year old dude, asking "well, if I'm just standing my ground, I can shoot, right?"  Trying to talk their trigger lust into being justified.  Idiots. 

In FL, you have to fire a single round to show proficiency, and you have to sign papers showing you 'attended' the 90 minute class lol. 

Remember that georgia shooter joe hendrix?  There was a veteran with alzheimers knocking at his door - not entering, just knocking - so Joe got tired of waiting for 911 to arrive, he went outside, fired 4 bullets into the darkness, and killed the old man in the grass.  because the silhouette didn't understand his 'order' to lay down on the ground.  insane.  dude just decided he didn't want to wait for cops to arrive, and executed a shadow that didn't obey him.  imagine our parents, pushing old age, having a stroke, knocking on neighbor's door for help, and boom, dude opens fire because the shadow limping thru his yard won't obey... if it's my dad having a stroke, i'm pretty pissed.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
"On July 1, the state of Georgia enacted the Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act — also known as the “guns everywhere” law — which allows licensed gun-owners to bring their weapons to churches, bars, government buildings and other places where they were previously prohibited."

Guns in bars...who could possibly think that's a good idea?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 12:39:42 AM »
Different country. You're from Ireland, you don't deal with the types of of violence we have in the States. It's common to have parking lot robberies, etc....

Exactly. Wife's friend, lady in her forties, had two Hebrews pull a gun on her outside Safeway last week, in the middle of the day then pistol whipped her after taking her purse. Police took an hour to arrive and did fuck all.

Here in the Bay Area us legal gun owners have no chance of ever getting a CCW , hipster homo shitbag voters of peace.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 12:57:48 AM »
Terrible idea IMO, people do stupid things where angry...pretty any argument now has the potential to end in a shoot out.

America is turning into an intadesting society.
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 02:49:54 AM »

Except....you never do see it. Ever. Since 1998, when the proliferation of carry permits started, anti-gunners have been predicting the "wild Wild West". And guess what? It never happens. It turns out that lawful carriers of weapons are model citizens: judicious and sober.

You'd think that given the sheer number or permits and the amount of time passed, that you anti-gun types could point to at least one "old west shoot out", but you can't, because they didn't happen. Sorry.

Even in this stupid case, nobody got hurt. What a disappointment that must be for you!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »
And racist brown guys that act black....ahem***gthing***Ahem ::)

::)

it's impossible for you to be butt hurt on a message board since that was taken care of in prison. 

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 06:40:53 AM »
There will be always be stupid people armed or not who will do damage.  There will always be some crazy guy who shoots up a school or pulls his gun because he's having a bad day.  However, when you add up those events against the systemic violence the state does every day there's no moral equivalency. 
The 2nd amendment was created to recognize man's right of self defense...and that includes against government intrusion.
Will retards fuck it up?  Of course...retards fuck EVERYTHING up but to try to mitigate the damage these retards do by increasing the power of the state and reducing other's innate human rights is criminal!