Author Topic: Global warming myth is dead: More cold temperatures, no hurricanes  (Read 23311 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Global warming myth is dead: More cold temperatures, no hurricanes
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2014, 12:00:50 PM »
Necrosis, I have nothing against you and I was trying to have a friendly discussion, but you really went off on a tangent there.  You obviously are obsessed with killing.  I give up.  You win.  Global Warming is fact.  Ban fossil fuels.  Ban gasoline.  Ban plasma TVs and incandescent bulbs.

He's towing a line. He knows fuck all about AGW. He picked a side of the argument and now defend it as fact.

That's really all that's happening here.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Necrosis, I have nothing against you and I was trying to have a friendly discussion, but you really went off on a tangent there.  You obviously are obsessed with killing.  I give up.  You win.  Global Warming is fact.  Ban fossil fuels.  Ban gasoline.  Ban plasma TVs and incandescent bulbs.

Nothing unfriendly about my comment, you are taking it out of context, I like you despite completely disagreeing with your ideologies. I also didn't say ban fossil fuels, ban gasoline etc. you brought up the killing thing by talking about humans going extinct (ie dying), sorry if my analogy upsets you for some reason, I just used human death as an analogy because you brought up extinction, if you think that is me saying I want to kill you or I am obssessed with killing so be it,lol, it's a bit out there. It was a simple analogy nothing more, you are reading to much into it bro.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
He's towing a line. He knows fuck all about AGW. He picked a side of the argument and now defend it as fact.

That's really all that's happening here.

Ya I picked the side of reason and facts like the REST OF THE WORLD. This whole thread is full of people posting false shit, supporting known frauds etc. I do not like people that do this, it's dishonest and self serving.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Ya I picked the side of reason and facts like the REST OF THE WORLD. This whole thread is full of people posting false shit, supporting known frauds etc. I do not like people that do this, it's dishonest and self serving.

So you're saying it's undeniable, the Earth IS warming up?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »
Nothing unfriendly about my comment, you are taking it out of context, I like you despite completely disagreeing with your ideologies. I also didn't say ban fossil fuels, ban gasoline etc. you brought up the killing thing by talking about humans going extinct (ie dying), sorry if my analogy upsets you for some reason, I just used human death as an analogy because you brought up extinction, if you think that is me saying I want to kill you or I am obssessed with killing so be it,lol, it's a bit out there. It was a simple analogy nothing more, you are reading to much into it bro.

I thought there was a consensus among main stream scientists and educated secular people that humans were as likely to go extinct as most species that ever existed on earth already have.  My question "why fight it?" was sincere and out of curiosity to know how you would answer, since you are so passionate about global warming.  

You are telling me that I am incorrect about such consensus among main stream scientists and secular people regarding human extinction.  That makes the question "why fight it?" and its answer irrelevant.  Fare enough.

Personally, I don't believe that humans are likely to go extinct, and I do believe in fighting for survival.  I also believe in taking care of the earth, while at the same time enjoying what the earth has to offer to make our lives easier and more enjoyable, such as fossil fuels...and tasty animals.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
I thought there was a consensus among main stream scientists and educated secular people that humans were as likely to go extinct as most species that ever existed on earth already have.  My question "why fight it?" was sincere and out of curiosity to know how you would answer, since you are so passionate about global warming.  

You are telling me that I am incorrect about such consensus among main stream scientists and secular people regarding human extinction.  That makes the question "why fight it?" and its answer irrelevant.  Fare enough.

Personally, I don't believe that humans are likely to go extinct, and I do believe in fighting for survival.  I also believe in taking care of the earth, while at the same time enjoying what the earth has to offer to make our lives easier and more enjoyable, such as fossil fuels...and tasty animals.

I am unsure if there is a consensus as it would span several disciplines, cosmologists would calculate the chances of an asteriod, geologists a super volcano etc  an extinction level event is inevitable per se, but I think humans can counter it, namely by becoming multi planetary, something elon musk will accomplish imo. The universe will cease and the sun will ballon out and devour us whole, that will happen but not for a very very long time. This is an  extinction level event for many species. For example, polar bears are fucked, crows are not. Crows live with humans, they evolved to live with humans, rats etc. it's just not good what's going on.

I have no idea what the solution is, it's not stopping gasoline etc the economy needs it etc but we should be trying to create techonology to combat it like co2 absorbing materials, weather machines (nasa has some shit that can makes clouds) , new materials etc I don't know but it has to be fromt he top down such. China is raping earth so me riding a bike won't do much good. There has to be a shift in thinking.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »
So you're saying it's undeniable, the Earth IS warming up?

it is, at least that;s what every bit of good data says. We do have accurate records, ice cores can give us close to 500k years in data that is very accurate.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2014, 05:41:36 AM »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/518497/Exclusive-interview-with-Dr-Benny-Peiser

'Where's the global warming?' Expert says public are growing sceptical of climate change

THE PUBLIC are becoming ever more sceptical of climate change as they begin to ask 'where is the global warming we were promised?', a leading scientist has claimed.

This week saw the 18th anniversary since the Earth's temperature last rose - something that Dr Benny Peiser, from the Global Warming Policy Forum, says experts are struggling to understand.

He explains that we are now in the midst of a "crisis of credibility" because the global warming - and accompanied 'Doomsday' effects - that we were once warned about has not happened.

Scientists from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) once predicted a temperature rise of 0.2 degrees per decade - but are now baffled by the fact our planet's temperature has not increased for almost two decades

Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, Dr Peiser said: "What has happened is that the public has become more sceptical because they were told we are facing Doomsday, and suddenly they realise ‘Where is the warming that we were promised?’"

"They say we can predict the climate and the reality is that they can’t."

MORE CLIMATE CHANGE LIES EXPOSED HERE

Because of this so-called "global warming hiatus", Dr Peiser says climate change is not as pressing of an issue as it once was, a fact that should be embraced by the scientific community.

"Climate change used to be a top priority but it has dropped quite significantly - other issues are more important for international meetings," he said.

"The reality is that they are quite relieved in a way, and we should all be relieved that it isn’t such a big problem at present.

"We might have much more time than many people once told us."

However, the reason behind the current pause in rising temperatures remains a mystery, and there are said to be more than 30 theories attempting to decipher what caused this stability.

Some scientists suggest the heat may have gone into the ocean, but Dr Peiser remains unconvinced by this theory.

"Something is clearly balancing out the warming effect of the CO2 [carbon dioxide]," he explained.
"It might be natural factors, it might be the ocean, no one knows for sure.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2014, 05:42:52 AM »
it is, at least that;s what every bit of good data says. We do have accurate records, ice cores can give us close to 500k years in data that is very accurate.

YOU LIE!!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/518497/Exclusive-interview-with-Dr-Benny-Peiser

'Where's the global warming?' Expert says public are growing sceptical of climate change

THE PUBLIC are becoming ever more sceptical of climate change as they begin to ask 'where is the global warming we were promised?', a leading scientist has claimed.

This week saw the 18th anniversary since the Earth's temperature last rose - something that Dr Benny Peiser, from the Global Warming Policy Forum, says experts are struggling to understand.

He explains that we are now in the midst of a "crisis of credibility" because the global warming - and accompanied 'Doomsday' effects - that we were once warned about has not happened.

Scientists from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) once predicted a temperature rise of 0.2 degrees per decade - but are now baffled by the fact our planet's temperature has not increased for almost two decades

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2014, 05:44:06 AM »
• According to NASA satellites and all ground-based temperature measurements, global warming ceased in the late 1990s. This when CO2 levels have risen almost 10 percent since 1997. The post-1997 CO2 emissions represent an astonishing 30 percent of all human-related emissions since the Industrial Revolution began. That we’ve seen no warming contradicts all CO2-based climate models upon which global-warming concerns are founded.

Rates of sea-level rise remain small and are even slowing, over recent decades averaging about 1 millimeter per year as measured by tide gauges and 2 to 3 mm/year as inferred from “adjusted” satellite data. Again, this is far less than what the alarmists suggested.

• Satellites also show that a greater area of Antarctic sea ice exists now than any time since space-based measurements began in 1979. In other words, the ice caps aren’t melting.

• A 2012 IPCC report concluded that there has been no significant increase in either the frequency or intensity of extreme weather events in the modern era. The NIPCC 2013 report concluded the same. Yes, Hurricane Sandy was devastating — but it’s not part of any new trend.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
• According to NASA satellites and all ground-based temperature measurements, global warming ceased in the late 1990s. This when CO2 levels have risen almost 10 percent since 1997. The post-1997 CO2 emissions represent an astonishing 30 percent of all human-related emissions since the Industrial Revolution began. That we’ve seen no warming contradicts all CO2-based climate models upon which global-warming concerns are founded.

Rates of sea-level rise remain small and are even slowing, over recent decades averaging about 1 millimeter per year as measured by tide gauges and 2 to 3 mm/year as inferred from “adjusted” satellite data. Again, this is far less than what the alarmists suggested.

• Satellites also show that a greater area of Antarctic sea ice exists now than any time since space-based measurements began in 1979. In other words, the ice caps aren’t melting.

• A 2012 IPCC report concluded that there has been no significant increase in either the frequency or intensity of extreme weather events in the modern era. The NIPCC 2013 report concluded the same. Yes, Hurricane Sandy was devastating — but it’s not part of any new trend.

You just copy and pasted the same arguments that were shown to be lies from lord monckton the lying expert. good job.