Author Topic: Mike Matarazzo - Fighting For His Life (RIP 08/17/2014)  (Read 80787 times)

latiuss

• Getbig IV
Re: Mike Matarazzo Fighting For His Life
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
In an interview with Ron Harris posted on MD forums on 23/01/2014 he states that nobody in his family ever had a history of heart problems.  Link to said interview;

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/78535-Mike-Matarazzo/page2

For the more intellectually challenged amongst us, please see the 4th question and answer, 4th sentence in answer.

'Nobody in my family ever had heart problems'

Awful lot of bodybuilders with a precondition of 'heart problems'  :-X . Nasser, Art Atwood, Mike Matarazzo, Sonny Schmidt,  Momo Benaziza, Munzer, Mentzer brothers, the famous pros with kidney issues, Flex, Don Long, Tom Prince the Aussie fella, fuck knows his name. Countless others like Dennis Newman,  Danny Padilla, Ollie Burke, Dan Duchaine. A lot of these men didn't even see 40. Most of them literally not even 50. Very very healthy 'sport'.  :-X

Off course it ain't got nothing to do with taking mind-bending amounts of steroids. Tennis/Golf/Badminton/Squash players die of 'precondition' heart attacks all the time  ::)

i cant stand people who make out roids/bbuilding lifestyle is healthly

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

HE LOOKED AWESOME AT THIS USA,,CAME OUT OF NOWHERE..

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »
HE LOOKED AWESOME AT THIS USA,,CAME OUT OF NOWHERE..
Best he ever looked IMO!

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
In an interview with Ron Harris posted on MD forums on 23/01/2014 he states that nobody in his family ever had a history of heart problems.  Link to said interview;

For the more intellectually challenged amongst us, please see the 4th question and answer, 4th sentence in answer.

Awful lot of bodybuilders with a precondition of 'heart problems'  :-X . Nasser, Art Atwood, Mike Matarazzo, Sonny Schmidt,  Momo Benaziza, Munzer, Mentzer brothers, the famous pros with kidney issues, Flex, Don Long, Tom Prince the Aussie fella, fuck knows his name. Countless others like Dennis Newman,  Danny Padilla, Ollie Burke, Dan Duchaine. A lot of these men didn't even see 40. Most of them literally not even 50. Very very healthy 'sport'.  :-X

Off course it ain't got nothing to do with taking mind-bending amounts of steroids. Tennis/Golf/Badminton/Squash players die of 'precondition' heart attacks all the time  ::)

Actually, some people have no idea about family history. For example, I have no idea if heart problems run in my family because both my grandfathers died before they hit 60. One died at 50 from obesity (flesh eating disease of some sort that docs couldn't get to because he had too much fat on him.) and the other was struck by lightning and died at 55. My dad has never had BP or heart problems, even with 30 years of smoking under his belt, but I can never be sure that it does or doesn't run in my family.

I DO, however, understand your point about mind-bending amounts of shit they take, and totally agree. Even if you're SLIGHTLY predisposed to some kidney or heart condition, huge amounts of steroids will make it 10000X worse. So realistically, your grandfather could have lived to 90 with a very mild heart condition, but because you also have that slight condition you could die at 50 just because the drugs would have made it THAT much worse.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »

i cant stand people who make out roids/bbuilding lifestyle is healthly
they often use themselves, what do you expect lol.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »

Good post

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Amazing to think that there was a time I also wanted to be a pro bodybuilder. Circa 1998. By 1999 I grew sense. I remember my pal down the gym being really into it and spending all his money on steroids. Well, whatever little money he made being one of those guys that check your movie ticket down at the cinema. He looked pretty decent and I still remember it like yesterday him sitting at the juice bar in the gym with a tank top waiting for people (old men) to approach him and offer him sponsorship money. Lost touch after I went to university while he kept at it. Never made it past regional shows and heard he done time robbing a .... pharmacy. Swear you can't make this shit up. Last I looked him up on Facebook he looked clean with fuck all muscle and a nice lady. He had a tough time but God willing life works out for him now. And the funny thing is, me who only dabbled once or twice on the most pathetic 'doses' ever and essentially been training clean for 18 years (on and off) have far more muscle than he does now.

Still, I loved the 90s era and STILL think those guys were awesome. I'm just glad I never went off the deep end and had a modicum of sense all along.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
Amazing to think that there was a time I also wanted to be a pro bodybuilder. Circa 1998. By 1999 I grew sense. I remember my pal down the gym being really into it and spending all his money on steroids. Well, whatever little money he made being one of those guys that check your movie ticket down at the cinema. He looked pretty decent and I still remember it like yesterday him sitting at the juice bar in the gym with a tank top waiting for people (old men) to approach him and offer him sponsorship money. Lost touch after I went to university while he kept at it. Never made it past regional shows and heard he done time robbing a .... pharmacy. Swear you can't make this shit up. Last I looked him up on Facebook he looked clean with fuck all muscle and a nice lady. He had a tough time but God willing life works out for him now. And the funny thing is, me who only dabbled once or twice on the most pathetic 'doses' ever and essentially been training clean for 18 years (on and off) have far more muscle than he does now.

Still, I loved the 90s era and STILL think those guys were awesome. I'm just glad I never went off the deep end and had a modicum of sense all along.
GOOD POST..

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »
+1

Just for the illustration :

Mike Mentzer died 2001 age 49 heart complications
Ray Mentzer died 2001 age 47 Berger's disease(build-up of cholesterol plaques in the arteries), endocarditis (an infection of the lining of the heart)
Ron Teufel died 2002 age 45 liver failure
Scott Klein died 2003 age 30 kidney failure and heart failure
Sonny Schmidt died 2004 age 51 cancer
Robert Benavente 2004 age 30 massive heart attack
Charles Durr 2005 age 44 enlarged heart
Don Youngblood 2005 age 51 massive heart attack
Paul Demayo 2005 age 38 heroin overdose
Fannie Barrios 2005 age 41 (female) apparent stroke
Eric Otero 2006 age 37 infection in his tooth that entered his bloodstream
Eduardo Kawak 2006 age 47 heart attack
Rob Sager 2007 age 29 HEART FAILURE
Greg Deferro 2007 age 53 heart disease
Dan Puckett 2007 age 22 heart condition
Shelley Beattie 2008 age 39 (female) depression for six weeks before she hung herself
Joe Meeko 2009 age 48 Lyme disease
Luke Wood 2011 age 35 kidney failure and heart failure
Carlos Rodriguez 1991 age 48 stomach cancer
Mohammed Benaziza 1992 age 33
Ray McNeil 1995 age 29 killed by his wife
Andreas Münzer 1996 age 31 liver and then kidneys failed
Johnny Fuller 2006 age 62 cancer
Wilfred Sylvester 2006 age 62 alzheimers
Derrick Whitsett 2004 age 38 heart attack
Trevor Smith 2004 age 33 No official cause but he was 400lbs 6ft 1"
Curtis Leffler 1998 age 36 heart attack
Hans Hopstaken 2002 age 45 unspecified heart condition, or pnuemonia
Art Atwood 2011 age 38 heart attack
Bj johns 1995-1996? age 34 New Zealand Heart attack
lou barrie 2001 age 40 died instantly after a massive heart
Claudia Bianchi 2004 age 34 blocked arteries
Big Boss Man' Ray Traylor 2004 age 41 heart attack
Marianna Komlos 2004 age 35 breast cancer
Luke Iams 2003 age unsure 40's heart attack
Anthony Clark 2005 age 39 massive heart attack
Mannie Hamilton 2005 age 62 heart attack
Roger Estep 2005 brain cancer
John Riggins 2005 age 33 kidneys failed, liver stopped functioning, lungs filling up with fluid and he has pneumonia
John Ware 2005 Age 46 (former PLer; current football coach) heart attack
Doug Young, 2005 age 61, powerlifter massive heart attack
Norm Dabish, 2005 age 46, Co-founder of Powerhouse Gyms. heart attack
Herb Glossbrenner, 2005 age 63, suffers stoke
Steve Courson 2005 Steroid whistle blowers for the NFL http://en.wikipedia....i/Steve_Courson crushed to death
Eddie Guerrero, 2005 age 38. acute heart failure due to arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (artery wall thickens as a result of the accumulation of fatty materials such as cholesterol)
Hans Ossner, 2006 age 64 cancer
Russ Knipp 2006 age 63 heart attack
Nasser El Sonbatey 2013 age 47, Kidney Failure
Casey Viator 2013 age 62, heart attack
Matt Duvall, 2013 age 40 heart attack

And ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger triple heart bypass still living
Don Long kidney failure still living
Tom Prince kidney failure still living
Flex Wheeler kidney transplant in 2003 still living
Ed Corney 1999 suffered a heart attack and 2 strokes still living
Boyer Coe August 11th, had quadruple heart bypass surgery. they discovered Boyer's blood that was extremely thick, and three main arteries were almost completely blocked. The doctors performed open heart surgery right then and there he is still living
Danny Padilla survived a heart attack
Mike Martarazzo heart attack triple bypass heart surgery, still living

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
A thread like this always pops up every time I just start a cycle >:(

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
and still you keep doing it  :D

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2014, 02:04:03 PM »

Whats your cycle ?

Simple Simon

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »
Wow, thats a long list!  Sad.  What about Frank Hillebrands death?
Not as long as the list of people who haven't had any problems.   ::)

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
This could be the way low dose baby aspirin works to help prevent heart problems.  Aspirin is anti-inflammatory.

Can Aspirin help lower high hematocrit levels?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »

great post
S

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
Im keeping this bumped for my nugga mike who ive never met till he is fully recovered and ok! I got you mike hold tight my nugga got yo back my nugga

Simple Simon

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

Guy sounds like he crammed a lot in, I bet he has some great stories.   ;D

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »
Fucking get better mike or i'll kill you

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
and still you keep doing it  :D

Don't worry. He'll die right before our eyes.  ;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »
Number of American adults who have used steroids   1,084,000

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
Whats your cycle ?

Nothing major....just some Test & EQ.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aiF7DrQVBmc

Mike is featured in this Weider Principles video. It shows him several times, grocery shopping for vegetables.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2014, 03:06:20 PM »
Fucking get better mike or i'll kill you

WTF???!??!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
Mike had one of the best double biceps pose in bodybuilding and one of the craziest pair of calves around back then......Hope he recovers....best thing is this man is honest rather than say what people want to hear.....