Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 162879 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
Explains why Jessica Simpson went totally "off season"....
Quadzilla pic taken a few days ago.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »
Peyton does a lot more than not turn the ball over.

You've strayed from your argument.....Philip Rivers is a very good QB, better than Toni Homo, you've proven that in a backwards way.

Actually, the careers of Romo & Rivers are very similar.... hence my initial comparison.

Why do you feel Rivers to be better than Romo?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Romo is fucking horrible. Absolutely horrible.
a

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »

Wow.....I take that back.

That's seriously edible.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »
Actually, the careers of Romo & Rivers are very similar.... hence my initial comparison.

I'd concede Romo as the better "athlete".

Rivers as the better leader

About equal in "arm" (which I feel is usually overrated)

Rivers better at managing a game

Rivers better at adapting to change

Rivers better in clutch moments

Since I am struggling to ever remember Romo winning anything important when absolutely necessary, I'd take Rivers over Romo for his ability to win clutch games.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »

One other thing:

Rivers = 7 Yrs/$95M

Romo = 6 Yrs/$108M

Lofty numbers......

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »
Mario Lemieux played golf almost every day.........didn't make him mediocre.

Lemieux is a decent golfer. Low handicap caper like Tom Brady.  Romo is in another league on the course. Romo drives the ball on par with long hitters on the PGA tour. Lemieux also could get out of bed and play elite Hockey while smoking 3 packs of cigs a day. That isn't happening in any position in the NFL...All i'm saying is Romo hasn't been 100% all in when it comes to playing QB. His raw talent got him where he is and he's only relied on raw talent instead of pushing himself to be a much better QB.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »

She looks better than DLB there. Better quads and calves for sure...

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:58 PM »
Romo is fucking horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Maybe not horrible, but not worth $110M and all the Cowboy fanboy praise either.....

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »
Tony Romo has led 23 game-winning drives since 2006, I'm not sure how you arrived at this conclusion.

How many times has a Romo INT (while they were ahead in 4th) resulted in a Cowboy loss? I saw a stat last year and though I cannot remember the exact numbers - it was staggering. He was three times the second place QB

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
How many times has a Romo INT (while they were ahead in 4th) resulted in a Cowboy loss? I saw a stat last year and though I cannot remember the exact numbers - it was staggering. He was three times the second place QB

Maybe the definition of game winning drive is different in Dallas.

In any game the Cowboys win.....the scoring drive where they take the lead becomes a game winning drive.

::)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »

If you can find this stat, I would love to see it....I could be wrong, but I've done a bit of research on this subject and I've never been able to find anything like what you're saying. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2014, 07:51:41 AM »
2 Superbowl wins >>>>>>>> QB that doesn't turn the ball over

Plus take into it that Manning throws bombs, a lot of throws down the field, not little safe, dump off passes.

...just please don't let him throw anymore screen passes!

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2014, 09:26:29 AM »

Plus take into it that Manning throws bombs, a lot of throws down the field, not little safe, dump off passes.

...just please don't let him throw anymore screen passes!

People say Eli wins because of his defense.....in 2011 the Giants had the 25th best defense in the league and they won the Superbowl.

And Toni Homo was practicing his putting....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
People say Eli wins because of his defense.....in 2011 the Giants had the 25th best defense in the league and they won the Superbowl.

And Toni Homo was practicing his putting....

The whole "Quarterbacks who have won a Superbowl" argument is a bit overrated though when your average spare quarterback can win one with a dominating defense.

I wasn't around to see Bradshaw but besides him there has only been 3 QBs to win 3 or more superbowls...Montana, Aikman, and Brady and all 3 of those guys were incredible.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
The whole "Quarterbacks who have won a Superbowl" argument is a bit overrated though when your average spare quarterback can win one with a dominating defense.

I wasn't around to see Bradshaw but besides him there has only been 3 QBs to win 3 or more superbowls...Montana, Aikman, and Brady and all 3 of those guys were incredible.

The reason for playing the game is to win the brass ring.....and average "spare" QBs don't win the SB.

The "Trent Dilfer" argument is doubly overrated, if the QB didn't matter, the top twenty picks in the Draft would be defensive players every year. Every year the Pats and Broncos have a strong chance to win the Superbowl because of who they have at QB. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
The reason for playing the game is to win the brass ring.....and average "spare" QBs don't win the SB.

The "Trent Dilfer" argument is doubly overrated, if the QB didn't matter, the top twenty picks in the Draft would be defensive players every year. Every year the Pats and Broncos have a strong chance to win the Superbowl because of who they have at QB. 

Well that is a poor premise.

Of course the Quarterback matters...it's the most important position to fill.

However, Mark Rypien, Hostetler, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson...all pretty average Quarterbacks who won superbowls.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
Well that is a poor premise.

Of course the Quarterback matters...it's the most important position to fill.

However, Mark Rypien, Hostetler, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson...all pretty average Quarterbacks who won superbowls.

Then.....if it's so fucking easy, why hasn't $120M Toni Homo won 6-7 in his career?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
Then.....if it's so fucking easy, why hasn't $120M Toni Homo won 6-7 in his career?

Who says it's easy?

There are over 30 Franchises and they all want to win.

If your favorite team wins 2 or 3 superbowls during your life consider yourself lucky.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Who says it's easy?

There are over 30 Franchises and they all want to win.

If your favorite team wins 2 or 3 superbowls during your life consider yourself lucky.

Maybe.......you're missing the point of this thread.

Tony Romo is praised and treated like he is a deity for being a "superstar NFL QB". I don't really see why. He is seemingly a good player, maybe even very good on the odd day, but I don't see why there is all the ass kissing about him being a superstar?

I'm not from Dallas, I don't see him play week in and week out, so maybe he's great and the somehow he miraculously hides that from the rest of the country?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
Maybe.......you're missing the point of this thread.

Tony Romo is praised and treated like he is a deity for being a "superstar NFL QB". I don't really see why. He is seemingly a good player, maybe even very good on the odd day, but I don't see why there is all the ass kissing about him being a superstar?

I'm not from Dallas, I don't see him play week in and week out, so maybe he's great and the somehow he miraculously hides that from the rest of the country?

I am from Dallas and I have seen him play week in and week out his entire career and I can say for every game he has shit the bed in spectacular fashion he has won another game or 2 in spectacular fashion.

And therein lies Tony Romo. The ultimate gunslinger.

I would not put him on the list of the all time greats or anything like that but he does have the statistics to back up that position.

His 95.8 quarterback rating puts him 5th all time which is extremely impressive so he does have that going for him.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

The only thing I could find was this: http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/74796/the-two-faces-of-tony-romo

Since 2006 Tony Romo has led the NFL with 8 interceptions in the 4th quarter when the score is within seven points.  Who is next with 7 interceptions apiece?  Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan and Mr Clutch himself, Tom Brady

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2014, 03:13:08 PM »
I tell my dad all of the time (he is a Giants fan and I a Pats fan) That I can't stand Eli manning.

I say he looks like he has down syndrome, and I laugh at how pathetic he plays at times.

In reality, I respect Eli. That guy has ruined two superbowls (on the last drive) for my Patriots.

Little kids in Africa are wearing "Patriots 2007 undefeated champions" shirts because of Eli.

Eli has earned every penny.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2014, 04:06:18 PM »
I tell my dad all of the time (he is a Giants fan and I a Pats fan) That I can't stand Eli manning.

I say he looks like he has down syndrome, and I laugh at how pathetic he plays at times.

In reality, I respect Eli. That guy has ruined two superbowls (on the last drive) for my Patriots.

Little kids in Africa are wearing "Patriots 2007 undefeated champions" shirts because of Eli.

Eli has earned every penny.

Sadly this is the case

I went for the patriots both times , modern era brady is my fav qb!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »
Sadly this is the case

I went for the patriots both times , modern era brady is my fav qb!
I take nothing away from Brady. Tom had the Pats in position to win both games against the Giants. The Pats defense gave it up both times.

I am lucky. I have been able to watch my team play in 6 superbowls.

The Patriots have been to 7, but I was too young to witness the '86 Bears disaster.

Everything else in my lifetime will be extra icing on the cake.