Author Topic: Ferguson 'victim' has rap sheet, robbed store same morning  (Read 79085 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Ferguson 'victim' has rap sheet, robbed store same morning
« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
This says 5'7" 170.  I don't know if that's accurate, but in looking at his picture, I'd peg him at a buck 70 max.

http://www.onecitizenspeaking.com/2014/08/ferguson-police-officer-darren-wilson-hosed-by-black-racists-and-agitators.html

I don't think it says that.  Those stats seem to be for "Frankie Estrada" a perpetrator who beat the shit out the cop who was arresting him in an unrelated incident.  (The article seems to be citing Frankie's unimpressive stats as a way to point out that folks of all sizes are dangerous to cops, I think.)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
1. I don't know if he wrongfully shot him, or if he justifiably shot him. I suspect no one here does

2. The facts aren't what most protesters are after. They want the officer prosecuted. Anything short of an indictment and conviction will be viewed as a cover up by the man

3. If it is found he wrongfully shot him he should be indicted and go to trial. The punishment should be what the jurors/judge decide based on the totality of the circumstances and facts.

All of this seems fair to me.

You are or were a LEO, right?  I'm assuming you know some/most of the known specifics about this incident. 

Does it seem at all irregular to you in the way it's been handled by the Ferguson and St. Louis Police departments? 

Whether Wison is or isn't in the wrong here, do you think it's fair to say that the Ferguson and St. Louis Police departments suck at dealing with this kind of thing? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #377 on: August 26, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
I don't think it says that.  Those stats seem to be for "Frankie Estrada" a perpetrator who beat the shit out the cop who was arresting him in an unrelated incident.  (The article seems to be citing Frankie's unimpressive stats as a way to point out that folks of all sizes are dangerous to cops, I think.)

It's not clear.  Regardless, the cop looks like he is about that weight, at most, anyway. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »
1. I don't know if he wrongfully shot him, or if he justifiably shot him. I suspect no one here does

2. The facts aren't what most protesters are after. They want the officer prosecuted. Anything short of an indictment and conviction will be viewed as a cover up by the man

3. If it is found he wrongfully shot him he should be indicted and go to trial. The punishment should be what the jurors/judge decide based on the totality of the circumstances and facts.

I agree with #1 & #3

I think the protestors wanted answers, and were met with armored trucks, tear gas, bullets, police dogs, and guns in their faces. And as fmr. Seattle Police Chief stated, (read his yellow highlighted text from page 1) many came back as wounded warriors, some chose to riot.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
Another future looter and robber and liberal voter dead - yeah huge loss.   ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »
I agree with #1 & #3

I think the protestors wanted answers, and were met with armored trucks, tear gas, bullets, police dogs, and guns in their faces. And as fmr. Seattle Police Chief stated, (read his yellow highlighted text from page 1) many came back as wounded warriors, some chose to riot.

The riots started first.  Stop making excuses for these thieves.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
The riots started first.  Stop making excuses for these thieves.

Actually, no they did not. The militarized police presence occured. they tried to breakup a lawful crowd's right to assembly. that's when all hell broke loose.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
Actually, no they did not. The militarized police presence occured. they tried to breakup a lawful crowd's right to assembly. that's when all hell broke loose.

No one gives a shit about looters and thugs

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

You're wrong.   The riots and stealing began first.  You're giving these thieves way to much credit. You want to turn this into some kind of civil rights issues when its a bunch of opportunists who wanted to steal.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »

That's the problem SC. Those who dismiss this entire town as looters & thugs, are ignoring some very real issues, about the way police are operating these days. You yourself have stated "the NYPD are nothing more than a bunch of thugs... the biggest gang in NYC, ...bigger than the Bloods or the Crips" Either they are or they aren't? Or is it that they are, ...but you don't give a poop, as long as they are hassling blacks, you're ok with it, and willing to turn a blind eye?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
You're wrong.   The riots and stealing began first.  You're giving these thieves way to much credit. You want to turn this into some kind of civil rights issues when its a bunch of opportunists who wanted to steal.

I don't give a shit about thieves. I'm talking about the residents of Ferguson.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »
I don't give a shit about thieves. I'm talking about the residents of Ferguson.

The riots were about thievery not civil unrest.   Protesting has nothing to do with stealing the latest Jordans from the shoe store or a flat screen tv.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
The riots were about thievery not civil unrest.   Protesting has nothing to do with stealing the latest Jordans from the shoe store or a flat screen tv.

I'm not concerned about thieves.

My concern is with the protestors and the way they were treated by the police.
Journalists being threatened at gunpoint, tear gassed... it's ludicrous.
If that's the way they conduct themselves against law abiding citizens while the whole world watches, ...what do they do when the camera isn't on them? Whether you like it or not, the spotlight is theirs, and this can be a teaching moment, ...or you can prepare to bend over, and take a billy club up the ass!
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
I'm not concerned about thieves.

My concern is with the protestors and the way they were treated by the police.
Journalists being threatened at gunpoint, tear gassed... it's ludicrous.
If that's the way they conduct themselves against law abiding citizens while the whole world watches, ...what do they do when the camera isn't on them? Whether you like it or not, the spotlight is theirs, and this can be a teaching moment, ...or you can prepare to bend over, and take a billy club up the ass!

This will not be a teaching moment because that would require them to learn something and that is unlikely to happen. Learning involves a modicum of self reflection and for a community with a long history of externalizing problems this is a lot to hope for. 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »
Another future looter and robber and liberal voter dead - yeah huge loss.   ::)

What is the worst one in your mind. Being a looter and robber or the fact he was a liberal voter? :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
I agree with #1 & #3

The protesters should have been smart enough to understand answers come after an investigation. We've already got people on this board crying cover up because some information released early on has been corrected. And the protest itself indicates a rush to judgment in and of itself. It assumes a bad shooting  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
The protesters should have been smart enough to understand answers come after an investigation. We've already got people on this board crying cover up because some information released early on has been corrected. And the protest itself indicates a rush to judgment in and of itself. It assumes a bad shooting  

Exactly. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2014, 05:59:47 PM »

Yea, cause cops investigating themselves shouldn't be an issue, lol.  ::)

Brown was shot on the 9th.

There was a memorial on the 10th and a group of bad people used it as an opportunity to loot.

Rather than chill-out, the cops went militant and escalated the entire situation.

A lack of transparency and completely deplorable behavior by the cops are what made the protests the "protests".

Naturally...it's always somebody else's fault.  Not the cops.  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2014, 06:01:03 PM »

No love in that statement, 33.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »

There was a memorial on the 10th and a group of bad people used it as an opportunity to loot.

Rather than chill-out, the cops went militant and escalated the entire situation.

A lack of transparency and completely deplorable behavior by the cops are what made the protests the "protests".

I'm no fan of the police, but GMAFB. Are you seriously trying to argue that the protests were all guitar circles and hand holding until the police escalated everything? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »

Like too many people have seen in the past, ...including the protestors, far too often, these investigations lead no where, or to a coverup.

A good clean shoot, if there is even such a thing involving an unarmed child is rather transparent. I've seen nothing that suggests transparency on the part of the Ferguson PD. Not now, and certainly not in the days immediately following the shooting. Infact, we've seen the exact opposite, with deliberate attempts at racist character assassinations of the victim by members of the Ferguson PD, along with their civil right to assemble and/or petition for address of grievances.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »

^^^^^^THIS

BINGO!!!!
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
I'm no fan of the police, but GMAFB. Are you seriously trying to argue that the protests were all guitar circles and hand holding until the police escalated everything? 

No, what I'm saying is the cops over-reacted to a small group of hooligans, went militant and escalated the entire situation.

BTW, Captain Johnson, who restored order, pointed out the need for de-escalation of force, and it seems to me he's had some pretty damn good results.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
What exactly were blacks protesting during Hurricane Katrina?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »

No, what I'm saying is the cops over-reacted to a small group of hooligans, went militant and escalated the entire situation.

BTW, Captain Johnson, who restored order, pointed out the need for de-escalation of force, and it seems to me he's had some pretty damn good results.
Come on Skip while yes there were instances where they over reacted there was also instances when they did nothing. Like when they allowed the people to loot the stores and burn down the gas station where brown and his accomplice robbed the swisher sweets from.

They should have prevented that bull shit from happening and instead they sat their and watched it all go down.

You cant simply blame the cops in this situation the people commiting the crimes also are to blame for the escalation.