Author Topic: EZ Curl Bars  (Read 11918 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
EZ Curl Bars
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
I've only used ones with the medium bends in them.

Do the ones with the more extreme bends take less stress off the wrists?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: EZ Curl Bars
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »
For me, the bend takes the stress out of my elbows. At some point, it becomes effectively a hammer curl for brachialis.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »
A bit, they put you in more of a neutral grip. But it's not a super change from one to the other, just a little reduction.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
ez bar curls feel much more natural than a straight bar as it's curled up, i feel discomfort on the wrists with a straight bar so never use them anymore

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »
A bit, they put you in more of a neutral grip. But it's not a super change from one to the other, just a little reduction.
The ones with the super curl in them look like you would have a harder time doing close grip curls...some only have the knurling grip on the outer bend, unlike the medium bend bars which have knurling on the inner and outer bends

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
The ones with the super curl in them look like you would have a harder time doing close grip curls...some only have the knurling grip on the outer bend, unlike the medium bend bars which have knurling on the inner and outer bends

This is true, I haven't played with one in a longtime, but that was a problem with them.

Something like the old Gaspari bar is an interesting compromise, if you can find one -

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
This is true, I haven't played with one in a longtime, but that was a problem with them.

Something like the old Gaspari bar is an interesting compromise, if you can find one -

Damn, I have never seen one of those before.

epic_alien

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
do you lift parker?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
do you lift parker?
Yeah, from time to time. Then got into bodyweight exercises. I was really into it (lifting) until I discovered this place. I should "undiscover" getbig and see what happens.

epic_alien

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
its a strange  thing to us as competitors  as to why your all here. don't mean to insult you, cause i know your a cool due, especially when it comes to car knowledge

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »
its a strange  thing to us as competitors  as to why your all here. don't mean to insult you, cause i know your a cool due, especially when it comes to car knowledge

Since when is getbig a competitor only site ?

speaking of competitions...how did your last one go stud ?

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »
Yeah, from time to time. Then got into bodyweight exercises. I was really into it (lifting) until I discovered this place. I should "undiscover" getbig and see what happens.

Getbig,crushing bodybuilding dreams one at a time
T

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
in your case:
Welfare check
Food stamps
Some weed
Obese female relatives who never shut up
Grape soda

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 10:39:44 PM »
The straight bar is superior for bicep mass.
choice is an illusion

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 03:30:30 AM »
Use all 3 bars: Straight, EZ curl, Super Curl. (Just like training chest-- incline, decline, flat)

Note: I've used the "super curl" bar for heavy tricep extensions. It is excellent

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »
Have you noticed they personally?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 03:50:05 AM »

i agree 100%,wrist is in much better position for the bicep to fully contract.all the greats known for their bi,s like scott,arnold,grant,colbert always say the straight bar is the best for biceps
R

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 04:00:03 AM »
Takes more stress off bicep.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 04:03:45 AM »
the hammer preacher is pretty much the same as using a curl bar, wrist is in same basic direction as if u where curling with a wide grip on the curl bar
R

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 04:21:28 AM »
i agree 100%,wrist is in much better position for the bicep to fully contract.all the greats known for their bi,s like scott,arnold,grant,colbert always say the straight bar is the best for biceps

I used to agree, until my elbow tendons got painful. With the EZ bar, I can add 20-30 pounds over the straight bar and curl it with no pain. So for me, the EZ means "more mass".

epic_alien

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 06:00:08 AM »
Since when is getbig a competitor only site ?

speaking of competitions...how did your last one go stud ?

5th in the heavies

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 06:01:21 AM »
Many say use the the straight bar because part of the function of the bicep is to supinate the grip. Notice when you twist the wrist pinkie inward your bicep peaks. Having said that many top bodybuilders like Yates use it. I have a bad shoulder and for me the ez curl doesn't irritate it. Many say it takes the strain off of bad elbow region problems.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
I used to agree, until my elbow tendons got painful. With the EZ bar, I can add 20-30 pounds over the straight bar and curl it with no pain. So for me, the EZ means "more mass".

With the straight bar as with everything its how you use it that matter
Take it from a "biceps" man
 The why people some times have issues with the straight bar is the hyper extend at the bottom of the movement and the curl in a static manner, holding the bar arms stretched at the bottom of the movement for 1 - 2 seconds (kiss of death)
The ez bar is ok what I fing is it neglects the in we head of the bicep and puts the most stress on the outer  head, which is what I use hammer curls for, so it does t give that thick look overall
choice is an illusion

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 06:21:32 AM »
With the straight bar as with everything its how you use it that matter
Take it from a "biceps" man
 The why people some times have issues with the straight bar is the hyper extend at the bottom of the movement and the curl in a static manner, holding the bar arms stretched at the bottom of the movement for 1 - 2 seconds (kiss of death)
The ez bar is ok what I fing is it neglects the in we head of the bicep and puts the most stress on the outer  head, which is what I use hammer curls for, so it does t give that thick look overall

I've been fighting a rotator shoulder issue which had some secondary affects of elbow and biceps pain. The EZ bar let me train through it. I am not 100% yet, but I hope to return to straight bar someday. For now, it still causes discomfort.

Plus, I have a decent peak already, need more mass...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
I've been fighting a rotator shoulder issue which had some secondary affects of elbow and biceps pain. The EZ bar let me train through it. I am not 100% yet, but I hope to return to straight bar someday. For now, it still causes discomfort.

Plus, I have a decent peak already, need more mass...

Great bicep man .. Nice peak and shape

Sorry about the injury, I'm not saying I never use the ez , I do but 7 times out of 10 if I'm 100% I choose the straight

choice is an illusion