Author Topic: Do you want to have kids?  (Read 7204 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Do you want to have kids?
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »

My daughter and I try to spend every Sunday together.just me and her.  Go to the movies,  get some frozen yogurt and talk. I want to know her as a person, not just "my daughter". We will take a cruise through the mountains , listening to music.

The other day we went and rode the gas powered go karts. We used to do that all the time when she was a kid and it brought back so many memories,  we took some fun pictures and made a new memory too.  Where do you buy a dog that does that ?

I would not like to do that with my dog, so...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
Are women who don't want kids mentally stable?  It seems most women do want kids what does getbig think.

I'm kinda indifferent but as I get older I want them less and less.  :-X

My current wife never wanted kids and she seems sane and normal.
BUT, she married me, so she must be a bit off her nut. :D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »
And now I'm in.....

I respect all the opinions thus far, as with anything in this world there are usually two sides to an argument/question/statement, etc.  For those who do not want kids, and don't have them, God bless you!  I don't think there is much worse than having a child and neglecting the needs of that child to the degree that we are seeing in this nation.

I have 3 kids, and while I'll be the first to admit that it is by far the hardest thing I've ever done, it is also, by far, the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  I can't imagine my life without them.  I would definitely do it all over again knowing what I know now.

Have a great day Get Big!

Good post and sums up all sides of this issue quite well. ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »
My current wife never wanted kids and she seems sane and normal.
BUT, she married me, so she must be a bit off her nut. :D

Good point. I guess if I did have kids I would want her to be a career woman and I would stay home with the kids for the most part.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
when i'm 34 i hope to have arrived

at that point women will be throwing themselves at my 20" arms and shiny mercedes

loser dream, a U back on cheap polish vodka again  :D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
I have 2 and I wouldn't change it for anything..... Changes your life and snaps you into provider/protector over night... Unless your a worthless piece of shit that is..

Being said, I never really thought about having them, just comes naturally when you settle down, look forward to watching them grow up, then see them have there own etc

Couldn't imagine growing old with no familly, each to there own ... But you must get moments of deep regret

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »
i love kids...was a stepfather to 3 girls for 7 years....only had them on weekends but they were just great!
would love to get some of my own when i'm in a stable relationship that i feel fine in.....would suck to get one with a one night stand who is also crazy though...
MIRAGETROPIN

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »

Couldn't imagine growing old with no familly, each to there own ... But you must get moments of deep regret

Just like these who married and had kids... That's how life goes.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »
so happy i don't have any

FUCK that

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 09:11:42 AM »
I'm 19 and I've already decided I want kids. What's not to love about raising your own son and turning him into an alpha male? 2 kids and 1 dog would be ideal but not till im mature enough and financially stable

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
i think marriage and children is over rated, vastly

there are other things in life

like bodybuilding

traveling

hookers

steroids

sipping on drinks on the beach

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2014, 06:45:50 AM »
i think marriage and children is over rated, vastly

there are other things in life

like bodybuilding

traveling

hookers

steroids

sipping on drinks on the beach
NICE LIST...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
I have 2 and I wouldn't change it for anything..... Changes your life and snaps you into provider/protector over night... Unless your a worthless piece of shit that is..

Being said, I never really thought about having them, just comes naturally when you settle down, look forward to watching them grow up, then see them have there own etc

Thanks for the nice post. BUT , what exactly do you mean with " it just comes naturally"????

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2014, 10:02:50 PM »
Eyo fuck kids

Y'all's can take mines

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
NICE LIST...
vs children:

-noise all the time

-expensive

-a big weight tying you down, no more freedom

-these days a lot of them go bald and have oversized feet

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2014, 04:07:41 AM »
If you live childless with absolutely no regrets, none at all, there is something wrong with you.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2014, 05:51:52 PM »
If you live childless with absolutely no regrets, none at all, there is something wrong with you.

Doesn't look like I'll be having children unless its an accident. Job just won't allow me to settle down. Most guys say I'm lucky and I can't imagine having a kid with my lifestyle. But yesterday I took my bike to the racetrack these little kids were on the go cart track racing 50cc bikes around the track. Those dad's were so proud. I missed one of my sessions to watch them. If that was my kid I'd be so proud.

So not having a kid is something I'll have to accept and I'm fine with that. But if I said I don't want a mini me, something would be fucked up.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »
Every kid/teen I ever heard of who rides bikes has busted bones.  A classmate in highschool into motocross had a cast on some part of him for the better part of 4 years.  A buddy of mine's kid recently broke his ankle bad and spent two months on crutches with some question as to whether he would have lifelong issues as a result.  Latest reports are that he won't have lingering issues and is finally off the crutches, doing well, and is now back to riding the motocross bike.   :-\  Okay.

My kid wouldn't like me.  I'd be a paranoid dad.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »
Every kid/teen I ever heard of who rides bikes has busted bones.  A classmate in highschool into motocross had a cast on some part of him for the better part of 4 years.  A buddy of mine's kid recently broke his ankle bad and spent two months on crutches with some question as to whether he would have lifelong issues as a result.  Latest reports are that he won't have lingering issues and is finally off the crutches, doing well, and is now back to riding the motocross bike.   :-\  Okay.

My kid wouldn't like me.  I'd be a paranoid dad.

This isn't motocross. Those kids sit up high and go over jumps. When these kids at the track crash they just slide into dirt and hay bails. You don't have to be as flexible on a sport bike like you do on a dirt bike, so the amount of body armor at the track is way better.

dustin

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2014, 11:05:55 PM »
I love having a child, but I'm one of the rare types of young people who actually WANTED to have a child so that needs to be weighed.

Daughter is almost 11 months now and sweet as heck. Super alert, super playful and the most adorable child I've ever seen (I know, everyone says the same thing...). Circumstances would probably be different if she was a whoopsie-baby, but even so I think I'd still enjoy being a father just as much.

Spent almost the last 6 months being a stay-at-home dad while my wife wraps up her nursing degree. It's difficult, especially now that I'm picking up courses and heading into pharmacy or medicine myself. We still plan on having another couple of children, but I imagine it being easier once the wife's making big bucks as I have an easier time focusing on academics without being distracted as easily. More financial independence will mean it'll be easier to enjoy parenthood even more. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Nothing's invigorated me and given me an appreciation and lust for life than being a parent. It drives me to be the best person I could be. And I hope that I can become an inspiration to my children or at least die trying my hardest.

Totally appreciate people not wanting to have kids. Some don't make the connection. I know a few dads who either have their first or even second or third child. Some of them don't make "the connection" with their child. That sounds foreign to me because I want to murder anything that causes my girl any sort of discomfort, but for others they just don't bond the same way. I pity them and don't think they're stupid or selfish at all. Children occupy a huge portion of your life and you're either entirely committed or you're not. It's not for everyone and I don't think people are evil if they don't feel head over heels for children.