Author Topic: Dorian Yate was the last real bodybuilder  (Read 10588 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Dorian Yate was the last real bodybuilder
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
My point being that was what was almost a norm amongst his British peers... And he took how much? I think dorians great but I wish he had just refused to speak on this as I can't take him or anyone who beleives it seriously

to be fair I get why he understates it. If I was 21 and heard pros took x y z doses and drugs I would have been stupid enough to take them as I was mint at the time. At 21 consequences are an irrelevance.

At that age you can be as smart as einstein and newton combined but you lack the wisdom and experience to appreciate things.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
Good post and I agree.
Now, we have a ton of social media postings.
Had Dorian been Mr Olympia today, no doubt he would have utilized social media to enhance his fan base.

The modern sports world has a lot more analysis and fan attention on every detail due to social media and even fantasy leagues.

Kai, Jay and Phil are as much a bodybuilder, as Yates and Arnold were in their times.

I disagree.  Yates was his own man and not reliant on gurus to hold his hand.  Also, to the best of our knowledge, he never had intercourse with citrus fruit.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
It has nothing to do with dosage if you dont respond to the dosage.
Look at ESFitness, 6/7 gms of gear, and for what?

What makes the champs the champs is the response to the drugs.
Totally agree, but it takes both.

Youre not giinf to get Dorian on 1.5g total gear no matter how great his response his....

It takes both genetics and dosages.... have to have both... the better genetics you have the less you need, obviously, but itll only get one to a certain point. Shittier genetics, higher the dose to get to the same level.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
ur naive if you beleive that was all Dorian was taking

he's high dose like the rest of his peers

he also had great superior genetics

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 12:34:29 AM »
I don't understand why people are so interested in what was his cycle, I am far more interested how he was so mentally strong, remember we are talking about a guy from Europe, bodybuilding in the '80s, unknown, no backing, nothing  and yet rising to the top against all odds.

I think proof of that is the video below where he talks about the mind games that Shawn Ray used to play.

at 02:45 till 04:07

'Nobody could really penetrate me mentally, it's not possible'

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:57 AM »
whatabout leroy

Leroy!    Leroy was the coolest and he had no idea what cool even was. 

Dorian and Leroy were at Golds Venice after winning the 1995 O.  They were in town for 7-10 days for post-Olympia photo shoots.  I said to Leroy, "brother head over to the Pro Shop and grab whatever you want. Wave to me when you're ready and I'll take care of it."

15 minutes later Leroy waves to me and I walk over.  Sitting on the counter he has (2) sweat shirts, (2) tank tops and (2) tee shirts.   I smiled and said, "Leroy my man, we have lots of cool stuff, leather jackets, hats, embroidered logo shirts and pants. Come on man, we (Golds) want you wearing our stuff. "

I managed to talk him into a couple leather jackets, 5 sweatshirts, 5 tee shirts, 5 tank tops, a couple hats, and a good size stack of Gold's gym shorts and pants. 
a

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 02:48:31 AM »
Leroy!    Leroy was the coolest and he had no idea what cool even was. 

Dorian and Leroy were at Golds Venice after winning the 1995 O.  They were in town for 7-10 days for post-Olympia photo shoots.  I said to Leroy, "brother head over to the Pro Shop and grab whatever you want. Wave to me when you're ready and I'll take care of it."

15 minutes later Leroy waves to me and I walk over.  Sitting on the counter he has (2) sweat shirts, (2) tank tops and (2) tee shirts.   I smiled and said, "Leroy my man, we have lots of cool stuff, leather jackets, hats, embroidered logo shirts and pants. Come on man, we (Golds) want you wearing our stuff. "

I managed to talk him into a couple leather jackets, 5 sweatshirts, 5 tee shirts, 5 tank tops, a couple hats, and a good size stack of Gold's gym shorts and pants. 

that was very cool of u to hook leroy up, he seems like a good dude. i watch blood and guts alot
R

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 03:32:29 AM »
LMAO nothing photoshop can't cure , I bet he shows this pic to his ' clients ' to show he was legit  ::)
Jason Statham?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:08 AM »
back in the 80,s i remember i got done done training with MRS OLYMPIA CARLA DUNLOP one morning n when i was in locker room i musta found about 10 ciba-geigy dbols on the floor, i picked em up and cleaned them off n took em ;)
R

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 04:05:30 AM »
DY, recently, september 1st, 2014 :

(with his woman, Gal Ferreira Yates)

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 04:44:21 AM »
Didnt Dorian bounce ideas with Boressen?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2014, 06:55:16 AM »
I agree . This guy said he tried every combo known to man and never got over 170lbs

Dan D had an article where he said he talked to Dorian around 1991 about GH use and said Dorian was using less than most guys and said he was too scared to use more.

Who really knows but out of all the top 90's guys no-one looks better than Dorian right now the rest are small or nothing. Alq Gurley who looked 25 when he was 50 looks good. Lee Priest looks good too, still big. Labrada looks very good. But of the Mass Monsters no-one looks anything except Dorian.

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:07 AM »
For me the only disapointment with Dorian is his bussines sense. When he retired at 1997, if he had launched his line then and push it harder, he would be a giant right now like Optimum, BSN, or Gaspari. Instead he just allowed his hame to be used by a supplement line called 'Dorian Yate Approved' which was a complete flop.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »
Dan D had an article where he said he talked to Dorian around 1991 about GH use and said Dorian was using less than most guys and said he was too scared to use more.

Who really knows but out of all the top 90's guys no-one looks better than Dorian right now the rest are small or nothing. Alq Gurley who looked 25 when he was 50 looks good. Lee Priest looks good too, still big. Labrada looks very good. But of the Mass Monsters no-one looks anything except Dorian.
Well, many of them stopped everything after retire going HRT route, some stopped even training... Priest still juicing big time, Labrada still juicing, Yates still juicing... Admittedly though, Yates looks very good, healthy and in shape... The GH story is obviously bullshit, imo...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
Well, many of them stopped everything after retire going HRT route, some stopped even training... Priest still juicing big time, Labrada still juicing, Yates still juicing... Admittedly though, Yates looks very good, healthy and in shape... The GH story is obviously bullshit, imo...
You guys forget that yates looked like shit during rhe early-mid 2000s.... he took a lot of time off... its been innthe last 4-5 yearsbthat he started training and lookingndecent again

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »
Only time he gad completely off was for surgeries, he's looked good since he retired, somtimes smaller and ripped, sometimes beefy n full

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 10:07:58 AM »
For me the only disapointment with Dorian is his bussines sense. When he retired at 1997, if he had launched his line then and push it harder, he would be a giant right now like Optimum, BSN, or Gaspari. Instead he just allowed his hame to be used by a supplement line called 'Dorian Yate Approved' which was a complete flop.

Agreed. But now he has his Dorian Yates supplement line, hopefully it does well for him. One thing though is he needs to get more distributors in the US to carry it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
Agreed. But now he has his Dorian Yates supplement line, hopefully it does well for him. One thing though is he needs to get more distributors in the US to carry it.

Edit: just saw on his facebook that DY supps are coming to the US and bodybuilding.com soon.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
You guys forget that yates looked like shit during rhe early-mid 2000s.... he took a lot of time off... its been innthe last 4-5 yearsbthat he started training and lookingndecent again
For the drug abuse he endured and the way he looked in 1997, sure he worked well to look like this today... Looks young, healthy, in shape and muscular... Of course he's juicing but still...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
Only time he gad completely off was for surgeries, he's looked good since he retired, somtimes smaller and ripped, sometimes beefy n full
Around the time he got face punched and had the black eye, he looked pretty much average.

He looks phenomenal now though. Dude is a machine. Hes the only BB in historynto REVERSE polumboism.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »
Around the time he got face punched and had the black eye, he looked pretty much average.

He looks phenomenal now though. Dude is a machine. Hes the only BB in historynto REVERSE polumboism.

I'm not sure when he was ' small ' this was in 2000 I believe looked still huge to me

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
I'm not sure when he was ' small ' this was in 2000 I believe looked still huge to me
My timeline may have been a bit off...

Like i said, around black eye face punch time, where Hulkster always used to post that pic with the tray full of cups at the expo

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
yates looking lean and mean, still solid
DY, recently, september 1st, 2014 :

(with his woman, Gal Ferreira Yates)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
Either that, or you're simply lying. Again.

lying again? think i give a fuck if some joke like u thinks im lying, hahaha. yes u r a joke
R

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »
Hardly any of the early 90's guys had gurus... They all did it on there own, now even the gurus have gurus...

I remember a few yr back taking the piss on one of the UK boards when a well known 'expert' was training and prepping guys and was getting his own prep done off somone else?

Didn't Flex Wheeler have a guru?