Author Topic: Do you drink protein shakes?  (Read 6844 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Do you drink protein shakes?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »
A shake is the best way to get nutrients to your muscles after a workout.....Doesn't truly have to be broken down in your system like whole foods......

Recharge quicker...

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
Any suggestions on the flavor?

Mint Chocolate
Cookies & Cream
Chocolate

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 09:07:36 PM »
ON whey is a good choice, it comes in six flavors, mixes well, is affordable, and actually tastes decent even with just water.
Any suggestions on the flavor?
For crying out loud!  Pick a flavor you think you'd like and go with it.  It's all a matter of personal preference anyway.
You say you love deads but you can't finish a protein shake.
Then you shouldn't be in the lifting game
I can finish a shake, but I cant choke it down day after day and definitly not multiple times a day.   And by the way I am just a recreational lifter, I never will compete and I dont need to be 250lbs with 5% bodyfat.

Then why are you being so anal about it?
:

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 03:45:11 AM »
What are some good tasting brands for casein?
Instone

mcgp

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 07:04:09 AM »
Instone

WRONG.  Instone is like 95% soy protein.  Unless your a woman, id suggest staying clear from those puddings....

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 07:34:50 AM »
I think Princess L is on your period.   :-*

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 08:49:45 AM »
I think Princess L is on your period.   :-*
Not at all  :-*
Look, this guy is willing to stick himself full of shit in the quest of whatever  ::)   No intention of competing, no intention of getting to a low BF%...just a recreational lifter... yet he (whine) can't choke down a protein shake and is concerned about flavor  ::)

okay, I'll admit it - I was a bit tired  :-* (not PMS'g)
:

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »
For crying out loud!  Pick a flavor you think you'd like and go with it.  It's all a matter of personal preference anyway.
There is usually a general concensus on a product regarding whether it actually tastes like its supposed to or not.  I dont expect to find something that is gonna make me say "Wow, this is great!".  Kill a guy for asking, damn!
Then why are you being so anal about it?
Umm...because I can.  And what do you mean "stick himself full of shit"??? Hello, I have yet to use aas.   Just because I dont plan to ever compete doesnt mean I dont have goals or a low bf%.  What does it matter to you if I prefer to find the most palatable protein shake? 
Why dont you apply more of that aggresive attitude on the gym floor, it will get you a whole lot farther than attacking an anonymous website member.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »
<Psssst> Ledd, lemme give ya a little tip:

Next time, ...ask about which fish oils taste better, and I guarandamntee ya, you'll get a whole different attitude from PrincessL. It don't matter how tired she is, ...or even if she is PMS'ing. She'll just perk right up! ...won't ya PrincessL. Hahaha!  ;)
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »
There is usually a general concensus on a product regarding whether it actually tastes like its supposed to or not.  I dont expect to find something that is gonna make me say "Wow, this is great!".  Kill a guy for asking, damn!  What does it matter to you if I prefer to find the most palatable protein shake?

Nothing personal.  This topic comes up CONSTANTLY, just like Superdrol, creatine, fat burners, ephedra.  Do you guys think just because there's a new thread about it, the answers are going to somehow change.   ???  It gets old.  Here's just a few examples.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=49546.0
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=49833.0
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=50160.0
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=46659.0
And what do you mean "stick himself full of shit"??? Hello, I have yet to use aas.   Just because I dont plan to ever compete doesnt mean I dont have goals or a low bf%. 

Sorry, my mistake

I am slowly educating myself on the use of aas in order to plan my first cycle.  I for one would be interested in a play by play of your strength, size and side effects of this first cycle, if you wouldnt mind.
I really wish I would have done that.  I had been thinking of doing another cycle the right way with liver protection and pct but after reading all the negative things on this product I have decided that I was a moron for taking the risk that I did.  The next time I insert something to boost testosterone it will be the real stuff with a real plan of action.
P.S.
Something I should have added in my post with the sides was that I got what I considered great gains, and I kept most of them.  However, I did this cycle from late July to mid August and I havent started progressing again until just this month.  I think this stuff really messed with my blood.
I want to begin to plan for my first real cycle(test e).  I ran across a book by a guy named Mick Hart, "The Layman's Guide to Steroids".  I didnt find any reviews for it elsewhere, kinda hoping you guys on here might give a yay or nay.
Also, if I came across the opportunity to purchase test e, in powder form do you think I should buy now and save until I educate myself enough to mix and use it?  And do I have to have a prescription to buy nolvadex everywhere(in U.S.)?  Thanks
And by the way I am just a recreational lifter, I never will compete and I dont need to be 250lbs with 5% bodyfat.
How many times a year is it safe for the average guy to juice?  I did a three week cycle late July-early August and gained about 15 lbs.  I did not do proper research at the time and never had a pct, still kept the most weight and strength though.  I started another cycle two months later but a few days in my lower back around the kidney area burned awfully so I stopped and really loaded up with water, in a few days it went away and I havent tried since.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »
<Psssst> Ledd, lemme give ya a little tip:
Next time, ...ask about which fish oils taste better, and I guarandamntee ya, you'll get a whole different attitude from PrincessL. It don't matter how tired she is, ...or even if she is PMS'ing. She'll just perk right up! ...won't ya PrincessL. Hahaha!  ;)

Nahhh  ;)
They all taste like crap.  :P
:

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »
Maybe you could explain what those quotes are supposed to prove.  If you read them they say I am educating myself, I am merely trying to communicate and garnish some knowledge with people who have used before and those just starting, quite different from actually having "stuck" myself.  And when I used SD I obviously didnt even know what it was or else I would've had a pct if I used it at all.

However those links you posted does put things into perspective, I can understand your irritability having seen protein related questions time and again.  In my defense, products and personal experiences do change especially since those links were all close to or older than two months ago.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
See what I mean Ledd?

PrincessL just gave me an upbeat response with 2, count 'em TWO emoticons.

I got a little winky, ...and a little tongue action too, ...and she only wrote a sum total of 6 words! ...yet still I got TWO emoticons? That's a ratio of 1:3. Trust me. stick with the fish oil and instead of going off on ya, and reading you like a book, she'll be sending you emoticons up the wazooooooo. ...with kisses even. 
w

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 04:33:49 PM »
Fish Oil.

And its even in pink for the princess......

Polartec

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »
Protein powder is a huge part of my every day food intake. In fact, I go through 50 pounds of whey every 2 or 3 months. I make a customized "shake" with it that also contains a blend of complex carbs and a little simple sugar. It tastes very bad (and the texture alone is enough to easily gag a maggot) but I drink them for their nutritional value, not for their taste.
I have been drinking them for 5 years, by the way. As bad as they taste, they still allow me to consume a huge amount of quality calories for very little money, and who wouldn't want that? <--- Ledd, after tasting one.  ;D
Oh, and the worst thing I have ever tasted was a blend I purchased from the Protein Factory that contained a high % of Super Bovine Serum! I think my eyes must have crossed the first time I took a "sip" of that stuff. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22:59 PM »
Maybe you could explain what those quotes are supposed to prove. 
You asked  ;)
Originally, you asked a couple of innocent questions.  Repetitive, but innocent nonetheless (even though you have been around here long enough).   You received several replies.  Instead of responding positively and saying ‘thanks”, you zoned in on the one post you determined was negative (he could’ve been being sarcastic) and got all defensive, just like you’re doing with me.  Lighten up.
If you read them they say I am educating myself, I am merely trying to communicate and garnish some knowledge with people who have used before and those just starting, quite different from actually having "stuck" myself. 

I said nothing about needles.  I said “willing to stick”.  Perhaps I should have used the word consume or ingest…

And when I used SD I obviously didnt even know what it was or else I would've had a pct if I used it at all.

My point exactly.

In my defense…

See… there’s that defensiveness again…
And,  in answer to your original 2nd question - NO - bars should not be used in place of whey or food.  Emergencies only.

Why dont you apply more of that aggresive attitude on the gym floor, it will get you a whole lot farther than attacking an anonymous website member.

I do quite well in the gym, but thanks for the advice.  :-*
:

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »
Princess, if you calling me defensive isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.  I was  defensive that someone would say "you shouldn't be in the lifting game" because I think shakes taste hideous.  If he was being sarcastic then hey whatever, its not like I was insulting him, but if sarcasm was his tone then how am I supposed to read into that two line response and identify that.   Can we please just drop this, the last page consists primarily of our bickering and doesn't pertain to my original question at all.
Thanks for the response on the bars.  You have an understanding on the nutritional needs of a lifter beyond that of the majority of people on here, and I have seen a picture of you so I can tell that you apply yourself fully in the gym.  I love a woman that is both beautiful, and intelligent, I bow to the princess.