Author Topic: People who don't earn a university degree  (Read 23971 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
People who don't earn a university degree
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:15:14 AM »
People who don't earn a university degree tend to have a superficial view of the world, and their opinions are often those of others. They believe everything they hear (i.e. news stories, rumors), they sorely lack in critical thinking, and typically are unable to comprehend rudimentary concepts. Hence, most companies won't even consider a non-college grad for a white collar position. A Bachelor's Degree is the price of admission to being taken seriously in high society, and even that is a bare minimum. A graduate degree ia really what's needed

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: People who don't earn a university degree
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
People who don't earn a university degree tend to have a superficial view of the world, and there opinions are those over others. They believe everything they here (i.e. news stories, rumors), they sorely lack in critical thinking, and typically are unable to comprehend rudimentary concepts. Hence, most companies won't even consider a non-college grad for a white collar position. A Bachelor's Degree is the price of admission to being taken seriously in high society, and even that is a bare minimum. A graduate degree ia really what's needed

Troll score: 0/10

PS: a BA/BS isn't worth shit these days. The best coder I ever hired had a fucking GED.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »
Depends on what you got a degree in.
In the UK, any moron can go to university and get a degree in some pointless subject.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
They believe everything they here

Guessing no degree?
Y

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
Troll score: 0/10

PS: a BA/BS isn't worth shit these days. The best coder I ever hired had a fucking GED.
Your use of profanity to add emphasis says it all.

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »

In the UK, any moron can go to university and get a degree in some pointless subject.

Regardless very few people are that intelligent.

Your talking about 1-2 percent of the population that can hold a descent conversation.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »
The UK? Let's get serious. The UK went under decades ago.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
Your talking about 1-2 percent of the population that can hold a descent conversation.

I much prefer ascending conversations myself.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
People who don't earn a university degree tend to have a superficial view of the world, and their opinions are often those of others. They believe everything they hear (i.e. news stories, rumors), they sorely lack in critical thinking, and typically are unable to comprehend rudimentary concepts. Hence, most companies won't even consider a non-college grad for a white collar position. A Bachelor's Degree is the price of admission to being taken seriously in high society, and even that is a bare minimum. A graduate degree ia really what's needed

Really?  Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard and never got his degree. Real failure 'eh. ::)

I have a masters and doctorate and I'm replying to your post on getbig.
My ed-ja-ma-kay-shun really made me rich and successful .

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »

Regardless very few people are that intelligent.

oh brother.

MikMaq

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »
oh brother.
so please inform me on "correct" spelling phonetics in english.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »
Really?  Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard and never got his degree. Real failure 'eh. ::)

While exceptions alway exist, Bill Gates is certainly not the norm. And while your own personal educational claims may or may not be true, you've clearly got psychological issues which would inhibit entry into the upper classes of society.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »

Goodrum has two doctorates.

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »

Could it be in the ERA that he made his money, there were no appropriate schooling options.

If getting a Degree isn't easy for you, your not smart.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
X

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »

You mean like academics that believed everything that Obama said and got duped into voting for him....twice? lmao. People graduating with a Bachelor's generally don't make shit within the first few years. Sure, most companies want to hire with a degree but most look at a resume and a commitment along with integrity, enthusiasm, work ethic and willing to learn. We hire interns in the field they are studying (Kinese, ex science, S&C) because we teach them how to apply what they learned in the class room to programming and learning our system. We don't hire someone just because they have a "degree" in anything. From there, we evaluate within 60 days based on everything I mentioned AFTER the degree.

Read "Winning" by Jack Welsh

Hope this helps...troll.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
I have a B.S. degree in street smarts and common cents.

It's all I need.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »
No degree?

Not surprised.

LOL...you picked wrong person for that question.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »
so please inform me on "correct" spelling phonetics in english.

what you meant to write was "decent". Also, phonetics is not related to the issue at all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonetics

Well, perhaps in an indirect sense.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »
LOL...you picked wrong person for that question.

:D :D

Let the troll..........troll. It's what he does best.  :D :D
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »

On a serious note; I do know a 50 year who old woman that has almost zero self esteem. She dropped out of college and it obviously effects her now. I can tell that she resents/fears people that have a formal education. She tries to impress other people by using big vocabulary words; but she has been OWNED badly several times by people with formal educations. She tries to only communicate with people that have lower than average intelligence (they are less likely to see through her bullshit).

She tries to educate herself on Wikipedia.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »
You mean like academics that believed everything that Obama said and got duped into voting for him....twice? lmao. People graduating with a Bachelor's generally don't make shit within the first few years. Sure, most companies want to hire with a degree but most look at a resume and a commitment along with integrity, enthusiasm, work ethic and willing to learn. We hire interns in the field they are studying (Kinese, ex science, S&C) because we teach them how to apply what they learned in the class room to programming and learning our system. We don't hire someone just because they have a "degree" in anything. From there, we evaluate within 60 days based on everything I mentioned AFTER the degree.

Read "Winning" by Jack Welsh

Hope this helps...troll.

You mean Jack Welch? Haha...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »

You mean Jack Welch? Haha...

whatever ::)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
People without university degrees will be forcefully "interned" - FEMA studies.