Author Topic: Hillary 2016 - Govt creates jobs not private sector  (Read 20441 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hillary 2016 - Govt creates jobs not private sector
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »
Haha, well, I'm not reading NewsMax, that's for sure, lol.

You're right that she didn't say the "customers do (create jobs)" part in the youtube clip you've posted.  (Maybe she did somewhere else where she's given a variation of this speech? -- I'll find out and get back to you, I promise.)

But she doesn't say that the government does, either.  Did you post the wrong clip?

You should be reading Newsmax.  Maybe you would stop making such a fool of yourself. 

You're going to double down, again?  Not surprised.  lol 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
You should be reading Newsmax.  Maybe you would stop making such a fool of yourself. 

You're going to double down, again?  Not surprised.  lol 

Isn't NewsMax just a conservative news aggregator?  (Been a while since I've looked at that site.)

But wait, I think you may have overlooked my question.  Did you post the wrong clip?  Did she or did she not say that government creates jobs?  (She may have said that sometime somewhere, but not in the clip you posted.)

If I find out that she did say the thing about how "businesses don't create jobs, customers do" will you read the article/watch the clip if I post it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
Isn't NewsMax just a conservative news aggregator?  (Been a while since I've looked at that site.)

But wait, I think you may have overlooked my question.  Did you post the wrong clip?  Did she or did she not say that government creates jobs?  (She may have said that sometime somewhere, but not in the clip you posted.)

If I find out that she did say the thing about how "businesses don't create jobs, customers do" will you read the article/watch the clip if I post it?

Newsmax is a conservative site.  I look at it all the time, just like I look at huffingtonpost (a liberal site) all the time. 

I didn't overlook your question.  Did you listen to the clip?  If you did you wouldn't be asking me, unless you just don't understand it.  Or you could just be a hack? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »
Blacks libs gays etc want free shit wo earning it.   Big fng revelation to who?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »
Newsmax is a conservative site.  I look at it all the time, just like I look at huffingtonpost (a liberal site) all the time. 

I didn't overlook your question.  Did you listen to the clip?  If you did you wouldn't be asking me, unless you just don't understand it.  Or you could just be a hack? 

Yes, I watched your clip.  In it, I did not see Hillary say the government creates jobs. 

Can you tell me at what point she said that?  Maybe you're paraphrasing what she said or you posted the wrong clip?

Seriously, in your clip she says that businesses don't create jobs but doesn't say that the gov't does either.

BTW, the thing I mentioned about her saying that customers (consumers, actually) and not businesses are the ones that create jobs was something she only said today (and not 3 days ago when she made the speech shown in your clip). 

I can't find it on youtube (but the video is in some other format on CNN) but most likely will tomorrow so I'll post it then.

FWIW, she says she was "short-handing the point" when she made the comments in your clip.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »
Hillary Clinton Clarifies: Actually, Businesses Do Create Jobs
mediaite ^ | 10/27/14 | Josh Feldman
Posted on 10/27/2014 5:16:54 PM PDT by Nachum

Hillary Clinton recently said at a campaign rally, “Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs.” Today Clinton spoke at another rally today, this one for Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney, and she used the opportunity to clarify what she meant.

According to BuzzFeed, Clinton again argued that “trickle-down economics has failed” and went on to say, “I short-handed this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear about what I’ve been saying for a couple of decades.”

And this is how Clinton explained that earlier remark:

“Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in America and workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out — not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

You can watch the video of Clinton’s original comment here:

(Excerpt) Read more at mediaite.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Yes, I watched your clip.  In it, I did not see Hillary say the government creates jobs. 

Can you tell me at what point she said that?  Maybe you're paraphrasing what she said or you posted the wrong clip?

Seriously, in your clip she says that businesses don't create jobs but doesn't say that the gov't does either.

BTW, the thing I mentioned about her saying that customers (consumers, actually) and not businesses are the ones that create jobs was something she only said today (and not 3 days ago when she made the speech shown in your clip). 

I can't find it on youtube (but the video is in some other format on CNN) but most likely will tomorrow so I'll post it then.

FWIW, she says she was "short-handing the point" when she made the comments in your clip.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  If she said business doesn't create jobs then what the heck else is left?  Who was she talking about?  The Tooth Fairy??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
And there she is, trying to walk back her "you didn't build that" moment.  lol

Hillary: I was talking about Trickle Down Economics!
by KEITH KOFFLER on OCTOBER 28, 2014

Hillary Clinton Monday tried to remove herself from the grip of her latest, and among her worst, gaffes – her trailblazing economic theory that businesses don’t create jobs.

Clinton said the comment, which she made last week, was just an attempt to say that what liberals like to call “trickle down economics” doesn’t work.

According to Buzzfeed’s Ruby Cramer, Clinton explained:

“The Republican alternative is a discredited economic theory that will hurt middle class families,” Clinton said. “So-called trickle-down economics has failed.”

“I short-handed this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear about what I’ve been saying for a couple of decades.”

“Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in America and workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out — not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

Cramer protectively asserted, “The clarification made clear that the remark was a botched line.”

Well, as Dr. Freud might say, there are no accidents. Only accidental revelations.

Sure, Hillary cannot possibly believe that corporations don’t create jobs. I mean, NBC created one for her daughter, right? But her sentiments toward the job creators are clear. And that was the point of her gaffe.

Here it is again, smug tone and all.

Actually, trickle down economics, also known as supply side economics, does work. In fact, her husband rode the wave of growth sparked by Ronald Reagan’s tax cuts until he finally produced a recession as he was leaving office in 2000.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/10/28/hillary-talking-trickle-economics/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
Hillary is a FNG moron - of course similarly absent minded dolts like andreisafag Strawtwink Licker Option FAIL et al love her

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:11 AM »
Posted on October 29, 2014 at 7:35:30 AM EDT by Sir Napsalot

Another day, another Hillary Clinton clean-up attempt.

After emphatically declaring last week that businesses and corporations do not create jobs, Clinton, blaming her poor use of shorthand, claimed on Monday that she was actually referring to her stance against "tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash profits overseas."

"I shorthanded this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear about what I’ve been saying for a couple of decades: Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in an America where workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out—not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas," Clinton backpedaled on Monday .....

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 06:06:46 AM »
Skip to comments.
Hillary Clinton Flunks Economics
Townhall.com ^  | October 29, 2014 | Brent Bozell

Posted on ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2014‎ ‎8‎:‎09‎:‎30‎ ‎AM by Kaslin

Liberals have this terrible and annoying habit of congratulating themselves for their intellectual heft merely because they hold liberal views. Once this arrogant notion reigns, it's tough for liberals to acknowledge when one of their own says something so remarkably untrue and stupid that it makes you wonder just how ignorant is the liberal really.

At an event for Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley in Boston on Oct. 24, Hillary Clinton told the assembled Democratic faithful: "Don't let anybody tell you that, you know, it's corporations and businesses that create jobs."

This makes about as much sense as "Don't let anyone say that it's governments that tax people." In attempt to dig out of this rhetorical face-plant, Clinton contended at an event in New York on Oct. 27 that she had "shorthanded this point" in a way that confused the public about what she actually meant. But now listen to her "clarification:"

"Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in an America where workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out -- not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas."

That sounds like a hundred Democratic Party stump speeches, creating the evil Snidely Whiplash corporate villain. It also affirms the obvious fact that business creates employment -- at least in a free market economy. That's not a "clarification" of her incredibly stupid gaffe. It's not fixing a "shorthanding." It's a badly disguised retraction.

To Republicans, this sounded like a more illiterate version of Barack Obama's lame 2012 campaign dismissal of that free market economy when he told business "You didn't build that." Entrepreneurs should always credit their success to government-funded highways and teachers, and never to their own skills in the marketplace. It attaches Clinton to Obama's radical waist, and that's not good when he's sporting the lowest-ever approval ratings for an incumbent president.

Team Clinton knows, however, that it can get away with all of this, at least within the "objective" press. There was no coverage of this ridiculous gaffe on ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR or PBS. CNN twice obsessed over whether Hillary and Sen. Elizabeth Warren should have hugged or posed together at the Coakley event, ignoring the idiotic remarks. The same diversion bubbled up Saturday with weekend talk-show host Steve Kornacki on MSNBC.

The New York Times reproduced the stupid remark in a Sunday story, albeit on page A-13, in paragraph 10, when the reader has lost interest. But that was better than the competition. There was no coverage in The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, or USA Today. Even the local Boston Globe skipped over the remark. Reporter Akilah Johnson just offered campaign boilerplate from Hillary, such as: "We cannot possibly rest between now and Nov. 4. ... You don't want to wake up the day after this election and say, 'I wish I could have done more.' "

Ken Thomas and Philip Marcelo filed a story for the Associated Press, and skipped the stupidity entirely. This was their chosen Hillary quote to reproduce, touting Coakley in a close race: "From my perspective, it shouldn't even really be a race. It should not even be close, but we're living during an election season where it's close everywhere ... and that's why Martha needs you."

The people who complain that our news media consumption is too "polarized" -- and their assumption that conservatives depend too much on alternative media -- fail to acknowledge how our traditional "news" media are consistently burying Democrat gaffes they don't want anyone to hear about. When Hillary says something stupid, they want it to be just like that metaphorical tree that falls silently in the forest. Peace and quiet is comforting.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
::)

The can't-be-bothered-to-read-past-the-first-line wonder strikes again!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
The can't-be-bothered-to-read-past-the-first-line wonder strikes again!

Hillary had to take back her idiotc statements b/c she knows how foolish it was

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
Hillary had to take back her idiotc statements b/c she knows how foolish it was

Read my post and it'll tell you how  government can destroy or save jobs, , directly so.

Make she's back paddling because morons started screaming before thinking of context.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

Filthy whore.
Ψ

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  If she said business doesn't create jobs then what the heck else is left?  Who was she talking about?  The Tooth Fairy??

Consumers, ya knuckle-head. 

She's making the point that without demand, jobs at suppliers (businesses) can't exist.

I think she's biting Elizabeth Warren's rhyme here -- Warren talks about this all the time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »

Consumers, ya knuckle-head. 

She's making the point that without demand, jobs at suppliers (businesses) can't exist.

I think she's biting Elizabeth Warren's rhyme here -- Warren talks about this all the time.

Wait.  She meant to say consumers create jobs?  That's really funny.   :)

Then why did she say this a day later?

So which is it?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 08:39:54 PM »
Wait.  She meant to say consumers create jobs?  That's really funny.   :)

Then why did she say this a day later?

So which is it?

LOL.  What do you think she means "by the bottom up"?  (Hint:  She's not talking about the Tooth Fairy.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »
LOL.  What do you think she means "by the bottom up"?  (Hint:  She's not talking about the Tooth Fairy.)

Now how is it that consumers create jobs?  Even she doesn't say that.  Good grief.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:28 PM »
Now how is it that consumers create jobs?  Even she doesn't say that.  Good grief.

Seriously?  Who do you think most businesses are selling to? 

Do you seriously not understand this point?  You drinking tonight or what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »
Seriously?  Who do you think most businesses are selling to? 

Do you seriously not understand this point?  You drinking tonight or what?

I don't even know what to say.  You don't understand that businesses, not consumers, create jobs?  Consumers create demand.  Businesses create jobs.  Even Hillary didn't make the incredibly uniformed, uneducated statement that you are making.  Geeze Louise. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »
Bozell & Graham Column: Hillary Clinton Flunks Economics
By Brent Bozell and Tim Graham
October 28, 2014

Liberals have this terrible and annoying habit of congratulating themselves for their intellectual heft merely because they hold liberal views. Once this arrogant notion reigns, it’s tough for liberals to acknowledge when one of their own says something so remarkably unfactual and stupid that it makes you wonder just how ignorant the liberal really is.

At an event for Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley in Boston on October 24, Hillary Clinton told the assembled Democratic faithful: “Don’t let anybody tell you that, you know, it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs.”

This makes about as much sense as “Don’t let anyone say that it’s governments that tax people.” In attempt to dig out of this rhetorical face-plant, Mrs. Clinton contended at an event in New York on October 27 that she had “shorthanded this point” in a way that confused the public about what she actually meant. But now listen to her “clarification:” 

“Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in an America where workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out — not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

That sounds like a hundred Democratic Party stump speeches, creating the evil Snidely Whiplash corporate villain. It also affirms the obvious fact that business creates employment. At least in a free market economy.That’s not a “clarification” of her incredibly stupid gaffe. It’s not fixing a “shorthanding.” It’s a badly disguised retraction.

To Republicans, this sounded like a more illiterate version of Barack Obama’s lame 2012 campaign dismissal of that free market economy when he told business “You didn’t build that.” Entrepreneurs should always credit their success to government-funded highways and teachers, and never to their own skills in the marketplace. It attaches Clinton to Obama's radical waist, and that's not good when he's sporting the lowest-ever approval ratings for an incumbent president.

Team Clinton knows, however, that it can get away with all of this, at least within the “objective” press. There was no coverage of this ridiculous gaffe on ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, or PBS. CNN twice obsessed over whether Hillary and Sen. Elizabeth Warren should have hugged or posed together at the Coakley event, ignoring the idiotic remarks. The same diversion bubbled up Saturday with weekend talk-show host Steve Kornacki on MSNBC.

The New York Times reproduced the stupid remark in a Sunday story, albeit on page A-13, in paragraph 10, when the reader has lost interest. But that was better than the competition. There was no coverage in The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, or USA Today.

Even the local Boston Globe skipped over the remark. Reporter Akilah Johnson just offered campaign boilerplate from Hillary, such as: “We cannot possibly rest between now and November 4...You don’t want to wake up the day after this election and say, ‘I wish I could have done more.’ ”

Ken Thomas and Philip Marcelo filed a story for the Associated Press, and skipped the stupidity entirely. This was their chosen Hillary quote to reproduce, touting Coakley in a close race: "From my perspective, it shouldn't even really be a race. It should not even be close, but we're living during an election season where it's close everywhere...and that's why Martha needs you."

The people who complain that our news media consumption is too “polarized” -- and their assumption that conservatives depend too much on alternative media – fail to acknowledge how our traditional "news" media are consistently burying Democrat gaffes they don’t want anyone to hear about. When Hillary says something stupid, they want it to be just like that metaphorical tree that falls silently in the forest. Peace and quiet is comforting.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/10/28/bozell-graham-column-hillary-clinton-flunks-economics#sthash.ojxxH3Or.dpuf