Author Topic: Dad Banned From School After Complaints About Daughter’s Islam Homework  (Read 12002 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Dad Banned From School After Complaints About Daughter’s Islam Homework
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2014, 08:25:49 AM »
I can honesly say that Christians rich or poor give up a lot more of their possessions that anyone else. You make it sound like Jesus was suggesting to give up all possessions for others exept family. Providing a comfortable living for my family comes first and for most.

tell us the last time you sold your possessions and gave the money to the poor

Given that you're such a devout and vocal christian I'm surprised you're not a bit more familiar with what your fellow christians claim  is the literal words of your god and saviour.   I mean jesus christ dude, the guy died for your sins so that you could have everlasting life and all he asked you to do is sell all of your worldly possessions and give the money to the poor

Is that too much to ask for having all your sins redeemed and your soul saved ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
I see both as inherently violent, any god that forces people to love him under threat of eternal damnation is at essence a sadomasochist.

Regardless, the us has many many muslims and you do not see any of this activity? is it the religion? or is it the culture and degree of civility? which makes most sense BB?

Christianity is not inherently violent.  That's absurd.

Ozmo and I had this discussion a while back, but there is a thread on here that talks about the percentage of Radical Islamists.  It's an enormous number. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2014, 11:04:43 AM »
Another example of not taking your book seriously, he didnt say alot of your possessions, he said all. You are living by your own rules, not those based in the bible. He was trying to point out that if eternity does in fact exist, then your stupid new car or any of that bullshit is worthless and it is.

I actually agree with you, I agree because I don't agree with Jesus however, you are certainly not following his example. Wasn't jesus all about love and acceptance?

Actually he was talking to one guy.  He didn't tell everyone to give up their possessions, which really makes no sense. 

Why do you read the Bible if you're an atheist? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:43 AM »
Christianity is not inherently violent.  That's absurd.

Ozmo and I had this discussion a while back, but there is a thread on here that talks about the percentage of Radical Islamists.  It's an enormous number. 

plenty of violence in the "word of god" and there are no shortage of nutbags in this country that would love to dish out some biblical "justice" if only they could