Author Topic: Bible thumpers who are heavy juicers...  (Read 22357 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bible thumpers who are heavy juicers...
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2014, 07:10:52 PM »
True, but as a conscious being, it still sucks to think that I will eventually be nothing. I have my whole life to think about my death. Yes, once I die it will not matter, but the anticipation of it totally sucks.

Have you ever been under anesthesia?  I was under this year for the first time since I had my tonsils out when I ten.  When I awoke in the recovery room I honestly felt like had come back from the dead.  It has made me fear death less because all I remember is that it was like sleep without dreams.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
Have you ever been under anesthesia?  I was under this year for the first time since I had my tonsils out when I ten.  When I awoke in the recovery room I honestly felt like had come back from the dead.  It has made me fear death less because all I remember is that it was like sleep without dreams.

Sleep is death sans the possibility of responsibility. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

Yes, Ive had plenty of surgeries. I remember slowly going to sleep as the anesthesia was taking its effect. It actually felt very relaxing.
X

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
Yes, Ive had plenty of surgeries. I remember slowly going to sleep as the anesthesia was taking its effect. It actually felt very relaxing.

When I woke up I told my gf I had never slept better!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2014, 03:19:01 AM »
On a side note, "The Bible Thumpers" would be a great name for a band...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »

Getting endoscopy Thursday, they put you out for that, right? I'm positive I'd gag out my breakfast all over Doc if not.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2014, 03:24:29 PM »
Getting endoscopy Thursday, they put you out for that, right? I'm positive I'd gag out my breakfast all over Doc if not.

Went under monday so doc could fix my broken hand.

I've gone under 3 times in last 4 years.  It feels almost instantaneous to me.  Don't remember goin out and suddenly I'm wakin up and it's done LOL.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
Went under monday so doc could fix my broken hand.

I've gone under 3 times in last 4 years.  It feels almost instantaneous to me.  Don't remember goin out and suddenly I'm wakin up and it's done LOL.

I'm kinda hoping they handle me Joan Rivers-style. Wouldn't be such a bad way to go, right?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »

yes, i had one and i was out cold. Dont remember shit. Once the anesthesia takes hold, its lights out, game over, like a ronnie colemans back double bicep pose.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
yes, i had one and i was out cold.

Did they do a biopsy on your stomach? My stomach's been fucked for over a year now, can't find anything. Wondering if digging out a chunk is gonna cause even more pain when I come to.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2014, 07:10:07 PM »
Did they do a biopsy on your stomach? My stomach's been fucked for over a year now, can't find anything. Wondering if digging out a chunk is gonna cause even more pain when I come to.

Nope, no biopsy. I was getting bad stomach pains, so they wanted to see what was going on. My stomach was filled with excessive acid.

Hmmm, well, heres hoping your hopped up on pain medication after the procedure.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
I am not terrified what happens after I die. However, I am terrified at death itself. I cannot "accept" that I will cease to be a conscious being. It's very baffling to me. The idea of nothingness seems bizarre to me. I sort of obsess about my own death; I think about it a lot.

Sorry to hear. I do not obsess or worry about this as I know that being does not cease to exist. 

Watch the movie Lucy, you will like it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2014, 07:20:40 PM »
Nope, no biopsy. I was getting bad stomach pains, so they wanted to see what was going on. My stomach was filled with excessive acid.

Hmmm, well, heres hoping your hopped up on pain medication after the procedure.

Well, I've had some for quite a while; in fact, without it, the pain is so unbearable I can't sleep or crawl out of bed in the morning. Not exaggerating, even slightly. Unfortunately, you build a tolerance, so what I'm prescribed never quite makes me comfortable. I just expect to be in some degree of pain every day, all day.

Good times.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »
I'm kinda hoping they handle me Joan Rivers-style. Wouldn't be such a bad way to go, right?

Not at all.  A buddy of mine recently dropped dead from a massive heart attack right after beginning his career as a minister. He had a wife and two kids and and went through seminary in his 40's.  They couldn't revive him

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:27 PM »
Well, I've had some for quite a while; in fact, without it, the pain is so unbearable I can't sleep or crawl out of bed in the morning. Not exaggerating, even slightly. Unfortunately, you build a tolerance, so what I'm prescribed never quite makes me comfortable. I just expect to be in some degree of pain every day, all day.

Good times.

I can sympathize, my friend.  I hope for a full recovery for you, sir.  A blood clot nearly took me out just over two years ago.  They asked me what I wanted them to do if I died on the table and I said, leave me dead.  I won't know a thing  or I will know peace.

It doesn't mean I wasn't scared, but rather i was tired of life.  There is more to t his but again, I will not bore people.  Life is good.  Hopefully there is more after  thislife that will be better.

Be well.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »

Good times.

Is this the first endoscopy?
X

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2014, 07:30:13 PM »
Super Kal

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
Sorry to hear. I do not obsess or worry about this as I know that being does not cease to exist. 

Watch the movie Lucy, you will like it.

That's your opinion. I think it does cease. You're not going to change my mind with your mysticism, so save it, juice monkey.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
Not at all.  A buddy of mine recently dropped dead from a massive heart attack right after beginning his career as a minister. He had a wife and two kids and and went through seminary in his 40's.  They couldn't revive him

Sorry to hear that, my friend. He had a wife and kids and was embarking on a new adventure. Horrible tragedy, RIP.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »
I can sympathize, my friend.  I hope for a full recovery for you, sir.  A blood clot nearly took me out just over two years ago.  They asked me what I wanted them to do if I died on the table and I said, leave me dead.  I won't know a thing  or I will know peace.

It doesn't mean I wasn't scared, but rather i was tired of life.  There is more to t his but again, I will not bore people.  Life is good.  Hopefully there is more after  thislife that will be better.

Be well.

Thank you, Scott. Hope things get a little sunnier for you, pal.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »
Is this the first endoscopy?

Yes, the problem started out gradually, where Tums even helped at first. But it got much worse over time, including hospitalization, where the endoscopy was our first order of business. Before we got to it, though, they found I had dangerously low sodium (probably because I hadn't eaten for two days, yet drank several liters of water daily, done it for years). Turns out you can drink too much water. Who knew?

Guess that became their focus instead because they never mentioned the endoscopy again. Did get an ultrasound and CT scan, which showed nothing definitive. Upon release, got an endo referral from my new doc, but months and months went by and nothing. Always said they were backed up but still working on getting me in.

Got so bad in recent months, finally just paid outta pocket for my old doc to set me up. And here we are, procedure tomorrow morning. Hiatal hernia, gastritis, and ulcer have all been suggested. Honestly, don't even care if it's cancer, as long as they finally diagnose something, so they can either treat it or control the pain 'til it kills me. Haven't exactly treated my body very well over the years.

Christ, I've joined the text wall club, haven't I? FML.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2014, 04:00:04 AM »
Yes, the problem started out gradually, where Tums even helped at first. But it got much worse over time, including hospitalization, where the endoscopy was our first order of business. Before we got to it, though, they found I had dangerously low sodium (probably because I hadn't eaten for two days, yet drank several liters of water daily, done it for years). Turns out you can drink too much water. Who knew?

Guess that became their focus instead because they never mentioned the endoscopy again. Did get an ultrasound and CT scan, which showed nothing definitive. Upon release, got an endo referral from my new doc, but months and months went by and nothing. Always said they were backed up but still working on getting me in.

Got so bad in recent months, finally just paid outta pocket for my old doc to set me up. And here we are, procedure tomorrow morning. Hiatal hernia, gastritis, and ulcer have all been suggested. Honestly, don't even care if it's cancer, as long as they finally diagnose something, so they can either treat it or control the pain 'til it kills me. Haven't exactly treated my body very well over the years.

Christ, I've joined the text wall club, haven't I? FML.

You are absolutely in my prayers.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:46 AM »
You are absolutely in my prayers.

Thank you, my friend.