Author Topic: Just booked my ticket to go see Richard Dawkins next week.  (Read 21809 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Just booked my ticket to go see Richard Dawkins next week.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 06:03:48 AM »
question:

I don't believe that Barney the Dinosaur is real....I mean he isn't....I mean fact is that I don't need scientific evidence or "logic" or "fancy words" to explain this...HE JUST ISN'T REAL

so, how can I parlay this thing that is so obvious that it doesn't need any explanation into a means to make money?

A web-cam may have to be involved.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 06:06:18 AM »
question:

I don't believe that Barney the Dinosaur is real....I mean he isn't....I mean fact is that I don't need scientific evidence or "logic" or "fancy words" to explain this...HE JUST ISN'T REAL

so, how can I parlay this thing that is so obvious that it doesn't need any explanation into a means to make money?
Well, when Barney the Dinosaur worshipers delude billions of people into believing Barney is real and create power structures to control every aspect of society including those people who know Barney isn't real, you might have a more legitimate chance of making money from un-indoctrinating the masses. Now when Barney the Dinosaur pundits start beheading people in the name of Barney you will definitely attract a few readers who will be willing to pay for what you know about Barney's non-existence.  Fortunately for you, everyone else knows Barney isn't real also.
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:48 AM »
It is so refreshing to know that there are still a few logical and reasonable people willing to share their insight and wisdom.

What is the topic of his lecture?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 06:10:36 AM »
It is so refreshing to know that there are still a few logical and reasonable people willing to share their insight and wisdom.

wasn't he on hogan's heroes????
F

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »
What is the topic of his lecture?
It doesn't appear to be a lecture but a discussion with Dr Leslie Cannold, whom I know little about.
V

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 06:34:34 AM »
No fan of his, but he seems good.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 06:51:03 AM »
Well, when Barney the Dinosaur worshipers delude billions of people into believing Barney is real and create power structures to control every aspect of society including those people who know Barney isn't real, you might have a more legitimate chance of making money from un-indoctrinating the masses. Now when Barney the Dinosaur pundits start beheading people in the name of Barney you will definitely attract a few readers who will be willing to pay for what you know about Barney's non-existence.  Fortunately for you, everyone else knows Barney isn't real also.

see I'm a weird guy

i actually believe in a higher power

now, I don't think said higher power plays that much of a active part in my life....he/she/it exists but he/she/it is extremely laissez faire in terms of my life

but I don't force my belief onto other people like other Christians

some people like chocolate
some people like vanilla

it's okay if you like chocolate.....good for you....I'll NEVER tell you to not like chocolate

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:28 AM »
question:

A majority of US citizens are still religious and so are many other people in other developed countries. Things apparently aren't so "obvious". Some parts of US are not better than Iran or other fundamentalist countries in regards to scientific prosperity.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »
I saw Dawkins speak a couple of times.  You'll enjoy yourself.  I've also been to a several presentations on religion held by various religious groups.
A

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
The selfish gene is one of the most incredible books ever written.

His other works are really great books as well.

The rest of you are just butthurt that he likes to engage people he doesn't disagree with.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 07:50:19 AM »
He may be a nice guy in a humanist sense but he's as deeply deluded as the people he likes to bash.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
He may be a nice guy in a humanist sense but he's as deeply deluded as the people he likes to bash.

Perhaps you should expand on your theory, do you have evidence to counter evolution or the fact their is no evidence for the wild claim their is a benevolent creator who paradoxically demands we worship him or he will punish us for eternity.  Or do Dawkins ideas make you feel butthurt and conflict with your own delusions.
V

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
Great Biologist who wrote some Biology books.  Dude got rich and famous worldwide by writing his god delusion book during the middle of the Bush administration, a book which trashes mostly Christianity.  He's a Biologist, not a Theologian, not a Historian, not a Linguist or an Archaeologist.  He could stick to Biology, but trashing Christianity brings him more money and fame.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »
one of my favorite of Dawkins' speeches.....tells everyone the type of man he is and his audience loves him for it

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:34 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
LundgrenisDumb

MikMaq

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
question:

JNN taking names in this thread..

I too belive is some form of creative force.

I use very simple logic.

We have no understanding of time-dimensions-etc,

yet dawkins claims the simpliest  explanation the only intelligent thing in the universe are those versed in science.

mine is there's some other intelligent force out there.

Who knows what it is, I call it creation(god).

MikMaq

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
LundgrenisDumb
Go fuck yourself and your pretensious wanking.

I never claimed to be a genius, just smart enough to see through your pretensions bullshit.

Your the ultimate back seat driver, in life.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
Go fuck yourself and your pretensious wanking.

I never claimed to be a genius, just smart enough to see through your pretensions bullshit.

Your the ultimate back seat driver, in life.
I ride in the back, while you drive the car in a livery suit.  How do you like them apples?

MikMaq

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
I ride in the back, while you drive the car in a livery suit.  How do you like them apples?
**YAwn***

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
**YAwn***
Tired from all the psycho drugs you need just to function?

MikMaq

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 09:31:36 AM »
Tired from all the psycho drugs you need just to function?
I don't take any drug FYI. My exhaustion is from having to tolerate your insufferable existence.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
Perhaps you should expand on your theory, do you have evidence to counter evolution or the fact their is no evidence for the wild claim their is a benevolent creator who paradoxically demands we worship him or he will punish us for eternity.  Or do Dawkins ideas make you feel butthurt and conflict with your own delusions.

Your using conventional polarity's to try and see where I am coming from. I am not conventional religious or conventional atheist.

I believe in evolution and I believe in a benevolent supreme being, but fundamentally I am about experience beyond the limitations of body, mind and intellect. That is where the juice is for me and that is the domain of spirituality/mysticism and that is the baby that is thrown out with the bathwater when Dawkins and co attack all things outside their framework.

I have seen him visit a buddhist lama and he dismissed meditation as a waste of time but its clear to me that he just does not have the patience and discipline to undertake it and let it reveal its fruits.

MikMaq

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »
Your using conventional polarity's to try and see where I am coming from. I am not conventional religious or conventional atheist.

this is what these people hate, they want polarity is means they don't have to consider the thoughts of others, and can be smug knowing they are on the correct end of the spectrum.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
merry dawkins everyone and praises to the high priest.