Author Topic: Just booked my ticket to go see Richard Dawkins next week.  (Read 22070 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Just booked my ticket to go see Richard Dawkins next week.
« on: November 19, 2014, 03:47:00 AM »
It is so refreshing to know that there are still a few logical and reasonable people willing to share their insight and wisdom.

V

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: Just booked my ticket to go see Richard Dawkins next week.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 03:51:47 AM »
It is so refreshing to know that there are still a few logical and reasonable people willing to share their insight and wisdom.

That's the reason you're on getbig I guess...

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »
Nothing says logic and rationally than cashing in on trolling retards.

Serously no one knows how much I hate this prick.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:58:31 AM »
That's the reason you're on getbig I guess...
Well, getbig is more a microcosm of the real world, encompassing people of many extremes and among them are a few enlightened individuals, like Tbombz for example.  Here is a quote from the great man to serve as an example.

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »
Nothing says logic and rationally than cashing in on trolling retards.

Serously no one knows how much I hate this prick.
Well it isn't unusual to dislike someone who exposes the beliefs you have cherished for a lifetime to be nothing more than falsehoods and indoctrination.  Better to remain in denial and ignorance than to face the fact you have been a deluded idiot your whole life.
V

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 04:06:11 AM »
Juruth approved!

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 04:36:14 AM »
Well it isn't unusual to dislike someone who exposes the beliefs you have cherished for a lifetime to be nothing more than falsehoods and indoctrination.  Better to remain in denial and ignorance than to face the fact you have been a deluded idiot your whole life.
My beliefs I've cherished  ???, that scientists are genearlly rational noble and honest people. Spending a decade on some tacky publicity stunt like this is fucking absurd.

Dudes made a joke out of the scientific community, trying to turn himself into some icon.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 04:49:07 AM »
My beliefs I've cherished  ???, that scientists are genearlly rational noble and honest people. Spending a decade on some tacky publicity stunt like this is fucking absurd.

Dudes made a joke out of the scientific community, trying to turn himself into some icon.

Not sure I agree with this. He is one of the few outspoken people for rational thought in this world. Yes, its a business for him, but his message is needed. Especially when most of the world thinks "atheism" means you worship the devil lol.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 04:49:59 AM »
My beliefs I've cherished  ???, that scientists are genearlly rational noble and honest people. Spending a decade on some tacky publicity stunt like this is fucking absurd.

Publicity Stunt.  WTF?  How is what he is doing any different than any other successful author does who simply capitalizes on their publishing success.  What evidence do you have that he is trying to 'turn himself into an icon' and exactly how has he made a joke out of the scientific community.  You might be more clearly understood if you offered some evidence for your accusations which essentially is just an angry rant against someone whose views clash with your own.  And you seem to have a grudge against scientists in questioning their rationality, nobility and honesty.  One must be wary of talking in black and white terms, but I think it is fair to say that those who practice the sciences are as a general rule more rational than non-scientists, as rationality is a requirement of the profession.  As for nobility and honesty of a scientist, they are irrelevant to scientific fact.  If Einstein lied to his wife about him having an affair, I couldn't care less and it has zero impact on his 'Theory of relativity"

Are you angry because you were raped by a scientist as a child? Oh wait, it's the churches that produce the boy buggering men isn't it.  Sorry, my bad.
V

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:37 AM »
Publicity Stunt.  WTF?  How is what he is doing any different than any other successful author does who simply capitalizes on their publishing success.  What evidence do you have that he is trying to 'turn himself into an icon' and exactly how has he made a joke out of the scientific community.  You might be more clearly understood if you offered some evidence for your accusations which essentially is just an angry rant against someone whose views clash with your own.  And you seem to have a grudge against scientists in questioning their rationality, nobility and honesty.  One must be wary of talking in black and white terms, but I think it is fair to say that those who practice the sciences are as a general rule more rational than non-scientists, as rationality is a requirement of the profession.  As for nobility and honesty of a scientist, they are irrelevant to scientific fact.  If Einstein lied to his wife about him having an affair, I couldn't care less and it has zero impact on his 'Theory of relativity"

Are you angry because you were raped by a scientist as a child? Oh wait, it's the churches that produce the boy buggering men isn't it.  Sorry, my bad.

Calm down Betsy.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:55 AM »

Without him and other popular scientists, most theories and scientific research would be virtually unknown to almost everyone.
He's one of the few people that bothers to bridge the gap between research/science and the common people who are generally too stupid to grasp concepts beyond keeping track of main characters in popular TV shows.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 05:03:56 AM »

Money, fame, a d power are his Gods. As they are for many.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 05:11:04 AM »
Money, fame, a d power are his Gods. As they are for many.
Are we still talking about mild mannered Richard Dawkins or are you talking about the Catholic Church?
V

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »
Without him and other popular scientists, most theories and scientific research would be virtually unknown to almost everyone.
He's one of the few people that bothers to bridge the gap between research/science and the common people who are generally too stupid to grasp concepts beyond keeping track of main characters in popular TV shows.
Lol I'm prefer a feynman, sagan, hawkings, degrasse-tyson, or a nye any day of the weak.

They achieve a mild level of professionalism,  whereas dawkings has made a career out antagonising those who couldn't be bothered to do high school math.

But of course he allows for a narcissitic gnots, feel like they are intellgient by ignoring the difference between logic and rhetoric.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 05:36:44 AM »
Lol I'm prefer a feynman, sagan, hawkings, degrasse-tyson, or a nye any day of the weak.

They achieve a mild level of professionalism,  whereas dawkings has made a career out antagonising those who couldn't be bothered to do high school math.

But of course he allows for a narcissitic gnots, feel like they are intellgient by ignoring the difference between logic and rhetoric.

Feynman is my personal favourite.
This one still hits me in the feels, from an interview with Feynman when he explains the beauty of nature, when the beholder is a scientist.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:08 AM »

*snaps fingers*

Ah, now i get it.

You're E-Kuls new handle. Took me a bit, but the Dawking love and the 'australian tour' coupled with your particular vehement anger towards people who disagree with you finally clicked.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 05:49:57 AM »
Nice. Lucky you.

My favorite out of all atheists is Sam Harris. I'd love to hear him talk.
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »
*snaps fingers*

Ah, now i get it.

You're E-Kuls new handle. Took me a bit, but the Dawking love and the 'australian tour' coupled with your particular vehement anger towards people who disagree with you finally clicked.
I haven't initiated any anger towards others in this thread, maybe you are projecting.  Ironic really, If you actually read the thread the anger and passive aggression has come from those who don't like what Dawkins says.  I have simply responded to their vehement anger towards people like Dawkins who they disagree with.  I may have reflected back their anger in an attempt to get them to see themselves, but I myself never initiated any anger towards anyone else.
V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 05:54:40 AM »
I haven't initiated any anger towards others in this thread, maybe you are projecting.  Ironic really, If you actually read the thread the anger and passive aggression has come from those who don't like what Dawkins says.  I have simply responded to their vehement anger towards people like Dawkins who they disagree with.  I may have reflected back their anger in an attempt to get them to see themselves, but I myself never initiated any anger towards anyone else.

Remember, it's okay to get mad or call an atheist angry. Atheists are immoral baby eaters.
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 05:55:21 AM »
Didn't he died?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »
Nice. Lucky you.

My favorite out of all atheists is Sam Harris. I'd love to hear him talk.
Sam Harris is my current favorite too.  I have read some of his books watched many of his youtube debates.  I think he is the new generation of academic atheists with unparalleled debating skills.  I would go as far to say he is a better polemicist than Christopher Hitchens.  I am yet to see him debate an Islamic scholar or apologist for Islam that he hasn't utterly destroyed.
V

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »
Didn't he died?

That's Christopher Hitchens, the superior pop-atheist

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »
Remember, it's okay to get mad or call an atheist angry. Atheists are immoral baby eaters.
I have no problem being called angry when I am angry, it seems a little odd though to accuse one of being angry when they are not, especially when it is an obvious projection of the accusers own emotions. Richard Dawkins makes illogical people angry, not much I can do about that.

If anything I am excited to see a rational adult talk about the mass delusions of the many. 
V

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 06:02:44 AM »
question:

I don't believe that Barney the Dinosaur is real....I mean he isn't....I mean fact is that I don't need scientific evidence or "logic" or "fancy words" to explain this...HE JUST ISN'T REAL

so, how can I parlay this thing that is so obvious that it doesn't need any explanation into a means to make money?