Author Topic: Powdered Peanut Butter  (Read 5940 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Powdered Peanut Butter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 06:13:50 AM »
Waste of money just to save yourself 150 calories.  Nothing wrong with regular PB.

People really need to get over this fear of fat.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »

No, its 3.15 at Walmart....very comparable to regular peanut butter.

Walmart is trashy. Haven't been inside one of those cesspools in years. Anyways, a pack of 12 is $66 on Walmart's website and it's over $11 on Amazon for 2, so Im assuming you're wrong.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »
Waste of money just to save yourself 150 calories.  Nothing wrong with regular PB.

People really need to get over this fear of fat.

who says its a fear of fat??? Some of us just really track our calories/macros and would rather have a piece of steak than bust a bunch of fat macros/calories on regular peanut butter.....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »
why ???
It has absolutely zero practical use and is a shitty product.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 07:38:42 AM »

Adonis...its dehydrated peanut butter.  Add water and it turns right back into it.  Why don't you like it for???
Totally pointless and peanut butter is supposed to contain fat and that is what it is useful for.  There is no application for this garbage product unless you like torturing yourself and wasting calories on stupid gimmicks.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »
who says its a fear of fat??? Some of us just really track our calories/macros and would rather have a piece of steak than bust a bunch of fat macros/calories on regular peanut butter.....
I track my calories and guess what I am making today-Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Pie.  You are scared to eat whatever you want.  I am not.  ;)

6.25 ounces pastry flour
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pats
3 tablespoons cold water

Chocolate Filling
¾ cup sugar
3½ tablespoons cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon salt
2½ cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
Peanut Butter Cream
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
Candy Filling
4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
Garnish
2 cups Whipped Cream
½ cup chocolate shavings
1 large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup or 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 08:21:15 AM »
I track my calories and guess what I am making today-Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Pie.  You are scared to eat whatever you want.  I am not.  ;)

6.25 ounces pastry flour
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pats
3 tablespoons cold water

Chocolate Filling
¾ cup sugar
3½ tablespoons cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon salt
2½ cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
Peanut Butter Cream
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
Candy Filling
4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
Garnish
2 cups Whipped Cream
½ cup chocolate shavings
1 large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup or 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures

what is the caloric/macro breakdown of that???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
Walmart is trashy. Haven't been inside one of those cesspools in years. Anyways, a pack of 12 is $66 on Walmart's website and it's over $11 on Amazon for 2, so Im assuming you're wrong.

No, I always have coupons for stuff
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »
Totally pointless and peanut butter is supposed to contain fat and that is what it is useful for.  There is no application for this garbage product unless you like torturing yourself and wasting calories on stupid gimmicks.

My initial comments might have been an overreaction, given how surprisingly good it tasted, but I think there's plenty of practical use.  Maybe I'm wrong, but take yesterday for example: I was already planning on eating a high calorie / fat meal (teriyaki with skin-on chicken thighs), but still wanted a "dessert".  I was able to easily make a very tasty, very low calorie chocolate peanut butter smoothy using this stuff.

I think "diet ingredient"-style cooking has its place.  It will never form the bulk of my diet, but a lot of the things you can make are still tasty, and allow you to sneak in more variety.  Someone gave me a slice of vegan, no soy, no flour, no-ten-other-things slice of pecan pie recently.  Veganism is the lowest of the low dietary orders, imo, but I have to admit, I actually enjoyed it a lot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »

what is the caloric/macro breakdown of that???
Add both of these together, filling and pie crust.  This is per slice, the entire pie is 8 slices.  Looking about 660 calories per slice (which is the only thing I am concerned about).  Since you asked, 11 grams protein per slice and 45 grams of Fat per slice and 60 grams of carbs per slice.  Calories are all that matter though.  Also, this does not include the garnish of whip cream as I like to add it per slice rather than on the entire pie. 

For the Pie Filling

calories 441
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30 g    46 %
Saturated Fat 14 g    72 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg    51 %
Sodium 128 mg    5 %
Potassium 138 mg    4 %
Total Carbohydrate 40 g    13 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g    11 %
Sugars 31 g    
Protein 9 g    18 %
Vitamin A    12 %
Vitamin C    0 %
Calcium    13 %
Iron    11 %

For the Pie Crust
calories 220
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15 g    22 %
Saturated Fat 9 g    46 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg    13 %
Sodium 73 mg    3 %
Potassium 28 mg    1 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g    7 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g    2 %
Sugars 3 g    
Protein 2 g    5 %
Vitamin A    9 %
Vitamin C    0 %
Calcium    1 %
Iron    6 %

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »
Add both of these together, filling and pie crust.  This is per slice, the entire pie is 8 slices.  Looking about 660 calories per slice (which is the only thing I am concerned about).  Since you asked, 11 grams protein per slice and 45 grams of Fat per slice and 60 grams of carbs per slice.  Calories are all that matter though.  Also, this does not include the garnish of whip cream as I like to add it per slice rather than on the entire pie. 

For the Pie Filling

calories 441
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30 g    46 %
Saturated Fat 14 g    72 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg    51 %
Sodium 128 mg    5 %
Potassium 138 mg    4 %
Total Carbohydrate 40 g    13 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g    11 %
Sugars 31 g    
Protein 9 g    18 %
Vitamin A    12 %
Vitamin C    0 %
Calcium    13 %
Iron    11 %

For the Pie Crust
calories 220
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15 g    22 %
Saturated Fat 9 g    46 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg    13 %
Sodium 73 mg    3 %
Potassium 28 mg    1 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g    7 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g    2 %
Sugars 3 g    
Protein 2 g    5 %
Vitamin A    9 %
Vitamin C    0 %
Calcium    1 %
Iron    6 %

so with garnish, eating a slice of something that is pure sugar and fat basically chews up  over a third of your daily calories.  pass.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 10:37:24 AM »

I get this PB at Walmart. The only ingredient is peanuts, and it is delicious.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »
so with garnish, eating a slice of something that is pure sugar and fat basically chews up  over a third of your daily calories.  pass.
Its a big ass slice and no, its not a third of calories for the day.  Although I would not have a problem if it were.

dustin

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
I was gifted some and really liked it.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »
I get this PB at Walmart. The only ingredient is peanuts, and it is delicious.

I think that's the poor Afro-American PB that Falcon swears by.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

Are you dieting for a BBing show?... of course not.  big deal... live a little.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »
Its a big ass slice and no, its not a third of calories for the day.  Although I would not have a problem if it were.

Cool. you and I have always differed  in that dept.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »

totally this^^^ thanks for coming out true adonis

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
I think that's the poor Afro-American PB that Falcon swears by.

???

Adams is like, the de-facto standard brand for peanut-only peanut butter.  It's not cheap, and this type of PB is considered higher-quality in general opinion.  However, there are many other good brands of peanut-only butter out there (with only 1-2 ingredients (peanuts and salt) you'd be surprised how much they can still differ)...  Some other good ones: krema (cheap) and maranatha (pricy).

I know Adonis doesn't like peanut-only butters for cooking -- and I don't have much experience in that department -- but I think they taste better than PB with oil / sugar when eaten "raw", e.g. with celery, apple slices, sandwiches, etc.  That said, I also like Jif et al. as much as the next guy.

yep, exactly.  i'll eat shortribs, quiche, etc. if i feel like it -- no problem.

Cool. you and I have always differed  in that dept.

Same here, however I've never actually tried a pure adonis-like approach.  I've always considered macros, in addition to calories.

Since joining getbig, I've taken a lot of interest in three peoples' diets: wavelength, adonis, and gal / no one.  At this point, my ideas are more influenced by wavelength/gal, but that's because I've always been too afraid, I guess, to take a pure Adonis style approach.

I think the fear stems from two points:

1.  The vast majority of "fitness minded" people seem to eat high-protein diets (hence macro tracking).
2.  In my very limited experience eating without regard for macros, I seem to feel worse, generally speaking.

Neither of these are very strong points, however.  Regarding point two, I've learned to become a lot more suspicious of my feelings; as I've become more bold in my dietary experiments, I've lost one feeling-based dietary conviction after another.  As for point one, almost everyone involved in the fitness world is mentally ill, so...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
Like Bro-Gurt?

Yeah, and don't forget the brah-coli

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
???

Adams is like, the de-facto standard brand for peanut-only peanut butter.  It's not cheap, and this type of PB is considered higher-quality in general opinion.  However, there are many other good brands of peanut-only butter out there (with only 1-2 ingredients (peanuts and salt) you'd be surprised how much they can still differ)...  Some other good ones: krema (cheap) and maranatha (pricy).

I know Adonis doesn't like peanut-only butters for cooking -- and I don't have much experience in that department -- but I think they taste better than PB with oil / sugar when eaten "raw", e.g. with celery, apple slices, sandwiches, etc.  That said, I also like Jif et al. as much as the next guy.

yep, exactly.  i'll eat shortribs, quiche, etc. if i feel like it -- no problem.

Same here, however I've never actually tried a pure adonis-like approach.  I've always considered macros, in addition to calories.

Since joining getbig, I've taken a lot of interest in three peoples' diets: wavelength, adonis, and gal / no one.  At this point, my ideas are more influenced by wavelength/gal, but that's because I've always been too afraid, I guess, to take a pure Adonis style approach.

1.  The vast majority of "fitness minded" people seem to eat high-protein diets (hence macro tracking).
2.  In my very limited experience eating without regard for macros, I seem to feel worse, generally speaking.

Neither of these are very strong points, however.  Regarding point two, I've learned to become a lot more suspicious of my feelings; as I've become more bold in my dietary experiments, I've lost one feeling-based dietary conviction after another.  As for point one, almost everyone involved in the fitness world is mentally ill, so...
The last pillar will fall soon.  ;)

I get around 80-120 grams of protein a day on average, more than enough for me.  Sometimes a lot higher depending on what I make.  I crave sugar and sweet things and always have.  I love dessert!!!!!  Sometimes I will have a lot of meat dishes, and protein can be really high.

Average for me though is 80-120.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
???

Wavelength diet is my diet by the way.  He just transcribed all my principles in open source format.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
???

Here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=232398.0

Its really my diet actually.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
Here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=232398.0

Its really my diet actually.

Cool. The only difference from your views I think I recalled is that he tried to get around 1 gram protein / lb bodyweight, but it's been so long since I read his stuff I may be remembering incorrectly.  I aim for 100-150 grams protein per day, but usually get less.  Probably about the same as you, actually.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Powered Peanuts Of Peace