Author Topic: Jesus is The Sun of God.  (Read 26102 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Jesus is the sun of god.
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2015, 02:16:50 AM »
I dont see how anyone intelligent could not directly intuit and experience it. Indeed my understanding of intelligence is the degree to which one is.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2015, 02:19:38 AM »
The degree to which one is what?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2015, 02:21:17 AM »
aware of a vaster intelligence and power than the limited human intellect and reason.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2015, 02:55:49 AM »
I'm not sure that admitting one's own relative ignorance, in the Socratic mould - as I am happy to do - is to admit there is a god/force/midi-chlorians etc.

For starters, which god is the real god? Clearly inventing a god is a pattern of human behaviour the world over. However, by definition they can't all be real.

Furthermore, to assume the higher power our country raises us to believe in is the one true "real" God, is the opposite of enlightenment IMO. It is simply accepting what we're told from a young age. A la father Christmas.

Historically poverty, low life expectancy and all manner of terrible occurrences has required individuals to believe in something "more". However, like the proverbial child realising the impossibility of one man delivering all the presents in one night, so too must the brave and non-dependant mind allow for the possibility that one's own relative ignorance does not automatically mean there is necessarily a God.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2015, 03:06:24 AM »
the true use of the words god and enlightenment make them expressions of the same thing. Did you not listen to the interview with Hugh Jackman?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
Its that time of year again, where Christians celebrate a pagan holiday that actually has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus  :D

I guess its fitting, considering that Christianity is a largely borrowed religion to begin with.

Brock Maxswell

• Getbig I
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2016, 05:42:51 AM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:15 PM »

From Wiki:

Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival in honour of the deity Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December. The holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn, in the Roman Forum, and a public banquet, followed by private gift-giving, continual partying, and a carnival atmosphere that overturned Roman social norms: gambling was permitted, and masters provided table service for their slaves.[1] The poet Catullus called it "the best of days".[2]

2scared2post

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »

From Wiki:

Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival in honour of the deity Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December. The holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn, in the Roman Forum, and a public banquet, followed by private gift-giving, continual partying, and a carnival atmosphere that overturned Roman social norms: gambling was permitted, and masters provided table service for their slaves.[1] The poet Catullus called it "the best of days".[2]

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »

Lol!!!! It is actually quite the opposite. In essence, I celebrate "Christmas" three times a year. I go to my mom's side, my dad's side, and then we have our own "immediate family Christmas".  Do I enjoy getting together with loved ones? Absolutely.

Does any of this have to do with the birth of Christ? Not at all.

2scared2post

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
Lol!!!! It is actually quite the opposite. In essence, I celebrate "Christmas" three times a year. I go to my mom's side, my dad's side, and then we have our own "immediate family Christmas".  Do I enjoy getting together with loved ones? Absolutely.

Does any of this have to do with the birth of Christ? Not at all.

What about your girlfriends side of the family?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
What about your girlfriends side of the family?
They blow.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
pity bump

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2016, 07:54:42 AM »
T

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2016, 07:23:31 PM »
Jesus who? I like celebrating our pagan roots.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
Don't spoil the event. Don't screw up all those profits which come from folks buying gifts.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
I actually think that God would be super pissed at how half of the world treats the birth and resurrection of his son, Jesus.

Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. Actually, it seems that they did.

Ask 100 people about the first thing that pops into their heads, when you talk about Christmas and Easter. I guarantee that Jesus is somewhere on the bottom of that list  :-\  A bunny rabbit is more relevant these days.

I talked to a young Jehovah Witness a few weeks back (good guy) and his beliefs actually made some sense. He does not celebrate any holidays. When I brought up the fact that Christmas, Easter, and Halloween have Pagan origins, his eyes lit up. He completely agreed with me on that aspect.

How can a devout Christian celebrate things that are so blatantly wrong to the faith? You are absolutely worshipping false idols when you openly celebrate Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Idiots.

Notice Uncle Junior in the background......

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
Read the link if you want.  I have always had an interest in religion (without being religious) and I find this hard to ignore.

I am not saying what to believe in, or that this unlocks the secret to anything.

I just find this theory far more plausible than anything in the bible actually happening.

I believe Christianity is a rehash at its core.

Bill Maher exposed or publicized this very fact in his 2008 movie Religulous. Highly recommend the movie.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Re: Jesus is the sun of God.
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2016, 11:14:47 PM »

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2016, 09:38:59 AM »
I actually think that God would be super pissed at how half of the world treats the birth and resurrection of his son, Jesus.

Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. Actually, it seems that they did.

Ask 100 people about the first thing that pops into their heads, when you talk about Christmas and Easter. I guarantee that Jesus is somewhere on the bottom of that list  :-\  A bunny rabbit is more relevant these days.

I talked to a young Jehovah Witness a few weeks back (good guy) and his beliefs actually made some sense. He does not celebrate any holidays. When I brought up the fact that Christmas, Easter, and Halloween have Pagan origins, his eyes lit up. He completely agreed with me on that aspect.

How can a devout Christian celebrate things that are so blatantly wrong to the faith? You are absolutely worshipping false idols when you openly celebrate Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny claim Jesus as your savior. 

Idiots.

Notice Uncle Junior in the background......

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »
religions have been invented to deal with absurdity, randomness and the fear of death. Basically we invented, built, meaning. The only and ultimate truth is that before being religious, we re all animals fighting for limited ressources and partners of reproduction.

This.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:46 PM »
I wonder why MOS has remained silent?

MOS, as a devout Christian, Why do you celebrate holidays?

johnthegreat687

« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »
I wonder why MOS has remained silent?

MOS, as a devout Christian, Why do you celebrate holidays?

lol your desperation for attention knows no bounds

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »
lol your desperation for attention knows no bounds
Desperation? Nah, I like to seek knowledge. Although I may disagree with his views, I respect MOS.

A good man, is good. Race, beliefs, and sexual orientation play no part in this rat race.

johnthegreat687

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2016, 09:15:34 PM »
Desperation? Nah, I like to seek knowledge. Although I may disagree with his views, I respect MOS.

A good man, is good. Race, beliefs, and sexual orientation play no part in this rat race.

hes a fucking idiot who bonked his head and magically saw a pretend man in the sky
I hope he gets malaria that retard fuck