Author Topic: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage  (Read 136519 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: 1980 Olympia - CBS never released the footage
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2022, 03:39:23 AM »
Even if the results were "fixed" the audience was going to be cheering/ rooting for Arnold anyway since he was the most popular bodybuilder and the surprise of the night .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
back then they more so displayed the calf muscle and not the hanging hamstring/glute in the side chest

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »
Even if the results were "fixed" the audience was going to be cheering/ rooting for Arnold anyway since he was the most popular bodybuilder and the surprise of the night .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
Who do you think deserved to win?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2022, 02:45:30 AM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2022, 03:22:04 AM »

If MM had a good friend they would've smacked him across the face and told him to quit his bitching.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2022, 06:34:54 PM »
Who do you think deserved to win?

Tough question.

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
Re: 1980 mr.O. CBS never released footage
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2022, 08:48:57 PM »
I was watching 'The Comeback' on youtube, and noticed this. But I also felt Arnold looked, I dunno, kind of old and tired. Didn't have that enthusiasm from before. Which I guess could be attributed to his focus on Hollywood?

Agreed about Arnold.

I think it was a bit of anxiety/uncertainty. To begin he fucked up by taking cortisone shots which dulled his condition.  So he knew he fucked up.

Two- back in the 70's Arnold played his little gags and mind tricks and it seemed like everyone was in on the joke. And everybody fucked with every one else. But the new crop weren't having that. They didn't take his bullshit in good humor.  Those guys like Mentzer, Zane, Walker got really pissed at Arnold for entering at the last minute and then arguing about the weight groups. They definitely didn’t have a sense of humor about it and weren't just gonna laugh it off.

Three the show was more competitive.  A lot of guys were vying for the top spot and the prize money increased. Instead of having to beat 1 or 2 people he had to beat 15 guys. 4 or 5 were in as good if not better condition than he was.

So all these things sapped him of his characteristic confidence. Most of all knowing he sabotaged his chances by fucking up with cortisone must've weighed on him. Guys with Arnolds drive are often hardest on themselves. Im sure Arnold was kicking himself backstage.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2022, 09:16:43 PM »
Arnold won, fair and square

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »
Arnold won, fair and square
I agree. He had his flaws but so did everyone else. He wasn't his best ever but he didn't have to be. He only had to be better than the others onstage.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2022, 11:36:32 AM »
No matter what, for some (and it is understandable) Arnold can really only compete with Arnold.  But he was the best that day.  Prime Arnold is to me, vastly superior to anyone before or since his time.  Unless Joseph gives in and his father gives him the keys,  we will not see anyone come close to him.

For those that think Arnold should have lost? 

Take solace in the fact that he is now a worthless cuck.  ;D

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
No matter what, for some (and it is understandable) Arnold can really only compete with Arnold.  But he was the best that day.  Prime Arnold is to me, vastly superior to anyone before or since his time.  Unless Joseph gives in and his father gives him the keys,  we will not see anyone come close to him.

For those that think Arnold should have lost? 

Take solace in the fact that he is now a worthless cuck.  ;D

If only Mentzer was alive to see it.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2022, 12:04:36 PM »
Re: Missing 1980 Olympia footage

Roll that beautiful bean footage

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2022, 09:14:41 AM »

Lots of scenes there that have nothing to do with 1980. 
But interesting complain from Mentzer. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2022, 09:21:03 AM »
The best summary of this Olympia is that Arnold at ~80% of his best is still better than everyone at ~90-100% of their best in 1980.  He didn't have to beat/match the 1970-75 Arnold, he just had to beat the 1980 lineup.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2022, 01:34:43 AM »
The best summary of this Olympia is that Arnold at ~80% of his best is still better than everyone at ~90-100% of their best in 1980.  He didn't have to beat/match the 1970-75 Arnold, he just had to beat the 1980 lineup.
Yep, if he showed up as good as '75 Mentzer wouldn't have even gotten on stage.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2022, 07:15:07 AM »
And to think that in his own huge Ecyclopedia, Arnold only touch the 1980 mr.O briefly  ...one page at most

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHH   the IRONY

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2022, 07:17:13 AM »
WooSHHHHHHHHHHH

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2022, 06:08:47 AM »
Arnold is crushing mr heavy duty here.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2022, 06:26:37 AM »
Roger Walkers Nipple should have won...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2022, 06:30:22 AM »
Mentzer said in one of those videos that Arnold was doing lines of coke all day long. Arnold never struck me as the recreational drug user type. Certainly not someone feeding a habit to the point where he's doing lines during a contest. But being the social animal he was I can see him indulging at a Hollywood party.

Also ironic a meth addict calling him a coke head.

I can picture Mentzer hallucinating , having nightmares in deep meth-induced psychosis having a vision of Arnold back stage in Sydney , doing lines of cocaine with all the judges and Ben and Joe Weider, Paul Graham, Franco, Jusup, Waller,and Samir "Mike, if you want to get lean for a show you're supposed to use coc-CAINE not coca-COLA" then everyone bursting into laughter. A furious Mentzer pops another dexadrine and washes it down with a cup of his own urine.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2022, 06:37:02 AM »
Mentzer said in one of those videos that Arnold was doing lines of coke all day long. Arnold never struck me as the recreational drug user type. Certainly not someone feeding a habit to the point where he's doing lines during a contest. But being the social animal he was I can see him indulging at a Hollywood party.

I can picture Mentzer hallucinating , having nightmares in deep meth-induced psychosis having a vision of Arnold back stage in Sydney , doing lines of cocaine with all the judges and Ben and Joe Weider, Paul Graham, Franco, Jusup, Waller,and Samir "Mike, if you want to get lean for a show you're supposed to use coc-CAINE not coca-COLA" then everyone bursting into laughter. A furious Mentzer pops another dexadrine and washes it down with a cup of his own urine.

This made me laugh pretty hard

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2022, 06:48:06 AM »

Funny how nobody mentions Arnold's cocaine use ....... Mentzer became famous by trashing Arnold in his seminars ......

Only one encounter/meeting with Arnold was enough to wipe Mentzer out of the Stage for good .

Mentzer needed professional help right after and never got it .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2022, 07:23:34 AM »
Lots of scenes there that have nothing to do with 1980. 
But interesting complain from Mentzer.

Mentzer sounding pretty rational to me there.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
Arnold smoked the bong with chong when it was legal, never heard of him doing coke. Mentzer was mentally destroyed by him so much he never recovered, that's pretty crazy

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2022, 01:42:17 AM »
Arnold smoked the bong with chong when it was legal, never heard of him doing coke. Mentzer was mentally destroyed by him so much he never recovered, that's pretty crazy
Later Mike had to go begging Arnold for money to pay his bills. It must have been Hell to go crawling to his nemesis for help after years of melting down over him.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2022, 06:10:52 AM »
Later Mike had to go begging Arnold for money to pay his bills. It must have been Hell to go crawling to his nemesis for help after years of melting down over him.

Did he really !! WTF - That must've Made Him more mentally unstable
Why Didn't uncle Joe help him out ?