Author Topic: Richard Jones Looking Good.  (Read 82351 times)

Stavios

Re: Richard Jones Looking Good.
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
yeah there is one.

Salle andré-mathieu, laval (same place as last year canadian championship)
september 3, 2006

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »
Hey Richard, I was wondering is you were thinking about doing the fall shows. It would be great if you do the Montreal Pro show, september 3.
It will be the first pro show I see cause there aren't so much in the area. I think the quality of the competitors won't be so great so you would be a great addition and you could easily take your Olympia qualifing spot
think about it ;D
Stavios, I'm taking a few shows in consideration right now. But I will be back up there in the not too distant future. I have never been to Canada. I heard it's a cool spot! Is that true?

As time goes by, I will cut down on my outside activities and redirect that focus on the show of choice. I'm 232lbs. right now with abs. Nothing to brag about but I'm holding 'natural' weight and staying very active. I'm chillin' tonight though. No training, no grappling, no shooting. NUTTIN'! I need the rest cuz Friday and Saturday, it's on!

So, I'm just eatin' up, having fun responding to you guys. It's rare for me, so I'll take it when I can.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »
Thanks Blaster. But, I don't have nice cars and I hardly eat out! Would you still buy one though?

YES!

We would see the real you! Making meals, and doing ur day to day stuff. Basically, we're just stalkers who don't have the balls to go thru with it.  ;)

Stavios

« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2006, 05:42:01 PM »
Yeah montreal is a cool place, at last in the summer  ;D

5 month of the year it is cold, ugly and it sucks. plus there is snow héhé  :-X

Got another question for you if you have the time rich. I am 18 and I have a hard time going bigger than 210 lbs. Someone told me to eat a lot of junk food and eat the more of fat, carbs and protein and I'll build more muscle than if I eat "clean".
what do you think

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2006, 05:48:08 PM »
240, I'll be sure to do that. I have some cool opportunites down there and they are weighing heavy on my mind because I would go from Cali to the other Sunshine state of FL.
Ft. Myers will be one of my stops fo' sho'. Long Horn Steak house....? On you or me? We're both dudes so I feel better if we split it. LOL.......I know you know what I talkin' about!
Sincerely,
PONDORO

LOL deal. 

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
YES!
We would see the real you! Making meals, and doing ur day to day stuff. Basically, we're just stalkers who don't have the balls to go thru with it.  ;)

LOL.....LOL.....!

You would see it all. No secrets, no fronts. Just real raw footage of who I am. The "stalker" comment was hilarious!

But there is this guy I know that just got out of college and is in the business of making his own independant films. I don't know him that well though. Just met him like a month or so ago. He knows nothing about the sport and it doesn't look like he trains. I see him at the shooting range a few times a week. I guess that's the only thing we have in common is we both like shooting guns! Oh, and I almost forgot. We have the same first name. That's about it. Maybe I'll pitch him an idea when I see him in a day or two. You never know, he may be down for it.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »
Yeah montreal is a cool place, at last in the summer  ;D
5 month of the year it is cold, ugly and it sucks. plus there is snow héhé  :-X
Got another question for you if you have the time rich. I am 18 and I have a hard time going bigger than 210 lbs. Someone told me to eat a lot of junk food and eat the more of fat, carbs and protein and I'll build more muscle than if I eat "clean".
what do you think

Stavios, at 18, your metabolism is still running on high octane. So adding in a little junk food wouldn't hurt. But if I were your age again....I'd eat clean and stay away from anabolics and take advantage of your teen years. When I was 18, I didn't know a single bodybuilder and hand no clue how to diet or train for that matter. Take advantage of what is available today (training techniques, nutrition tips, supplements, etc...).

By the way, that was when I did and won my first show as a teen. Of course I got the proverbial "bodybuilding bug" and it was on from there. In fact, I didn't lose a show until I placed 3rd at the 2004 NOC (as a pro). That was the first time I had ever lost. I placed behind two great top 10's in the world......Marvelous Melvin Anthony and the super-shredded Darrem Charles.

Hope that advice helps.

Stay strong and live healthy!

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Unhooked

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »
240, I'll be sure to do that. I have some cool opportunites down there and they are weighing heavy on my mind because I would go from Cali to the other Sunshine state of FL.
Ft. Myers will be one of my stops fo' sho'. Long Horn Steak house....? On you or me? We're both dudes so I feel better if we split it. LOL.......I know you know what I talkin' about!
Sincerely,
PONDORO
Richard stay far away from 240 he's a rat :-X you have been warned.
peace and i can't wait to see you on stage!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2006, 06:05:15 PM »
I placed behind to great top 10's in the world......Marvelous Melvin Anthony and the super-shredded Darrem Charles.

I talked to a few getbiggers, and...

We plan to let the air out of the tires of Darrem's Hummer and Melvin's moped in the parking lot at the Olympia.  Serves em right for being such haters!

Stavios

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2006, 06:07:50 PM »
Thank a lot richard. I did my first show at 17 and won my class, it was pretty cool.
i agree about the anabolics.

thanks again for the advice, it is pretty cool to be help by someone as knowlegeable  :D

Stavios

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2006, 06:08:52 PM »
I talked to a few getbiggers, and...
We plan to let the air out of the tires of Darrem's Hummer and Melvin's moped in the parking lot at the Olympia.  Serves em right for being such haters!

They are no hater to rich !

the hater is george farah who said that he should have beat rich !  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »
the hater is george farah who said that he should have beat rich !  >:(

We already tried to kill Farah.

That kid is bulletproof!

Stavios

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
We already tried to kill Farah.
That kid is bulletproof!

OMG, funniest shit ever.

props to you 240

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2006, 06:21:37 PM »
LOL.....LOL.....!
You would see it all. No secrets, no fronts. Just real raw footage of who I am. The "stalker" comment was hilarious!
But there is this guy I know that just got out of college and is in the business of making his own independant films. I don't know him that well though. Just met him like a month or so ago. He knows nothing about the sport and it doesn't look like he trains. I see him at the shooting range a few times a week. I guess that's the only thing we have in common is we both like shooting guns! Oh, and I almost forgot. We have the same first name. That's about it. Maybe I'll pitch him an idea when I see him in a day or two. You never know, he may be down for it.
Sincerely,
Richard Jones

You never know, he might like to take this opportunity to further his carreer, so to speak. It would be one more thing to add to his resume, and a benefit to both of you.

I mean, seriously, how many bodybuilding videos are out there where you just see the guy lifting weight? The first one I ever purchased was Dorian's Blood and Guts. I have Dex's, and I really don't care about seeing a different face lifting the same weights. A fan wants more than just what he already sees in the magazines.

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2006, 06:22:25 PM »
No worries on the advice Stavios. Congrats on winning that show. Keep rolling strong and let it take you where it will. Positive thoughts can never produce negative results.

Carpe Diem!

The NOC has come and gone. The results are the results. Hell, the show doesn't even have the same name anymore!

Unhooked and 240.....you guys cool or what? Let's keep the peace fellas.

I know we all watch "American Idol", but there's no need to fight about it.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2006, 06:25:02 PM »

Unhooked and 240.....you guys cool or what? Let's keep the peace fellas.

I know we all watch "American Idol", but there's no need to fight about it.

Unhooked, if I was a rat, with all the haters here, it'd be common knowledge.  Truth is, I'm Johnny Tightlips with my info and sources. 

Now I must admit, I did see a little of American Idol tonight...

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
You never know, he might like to take this opportunity to further his carreer, so to speak. It would be one more thing to add to his resume, and a benefit to both of you.
I mean, seriously, how many bodybuilding videos are out there where you just see the guy lifting weight? The first one I ever purchased was Dorian's Blood and Guts. I have Dex's, and I really don't care about seeing a different face lifting the same weights. A fan wants more than just what he already sees in the magazines.

Well said Blaster! I just might ask you to be co-producer! I feel ya on that. That's why I don't have one yet. There are too many out that put people to sleep. I want to keep you guessing, on the edge of your seat, action-type, with a touch of drama and good humor! And of course....lifting weights!

You got me? I want to make it around the fans perspective as to what they want to see. So, I'm taking all of this feedback in and new ideas come to mind by way of the fans.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
Don't be ashamed admitting you watch American Idol. They have over 30 million viewers each week. And guess what....I'm one of them! Hell, I even vote!

No shame in my game!

Idol rules.....I'm OUT!

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
240 has finacial ties to al queda.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2006, 06:46:58 PM »
240 has finacial ties to al queda.

LMAO...
You've never heard of 300Jihad.com ?

Lunarr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2006, 06:49:18 PM »
Are they still calling you The Magician, or maybe something else when you appear in your best shape ever?

Unhooked

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2006, 09:09:09 PM »
Richard, yes you having a DVD would definetly be a good idea. Things to make your DVD stand out from the others. Would be to show yourself having more interaction with your friends family etc.. Show people more then just you at the gym liftin weights. Alot of people buy these dvds cause they want to find out more about that bber's life style etc.. Speak your mind and speak the truth let people know how you feel about the sport and what it means to you, and how its changed your life..

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2006, 09:29:04 PM »
Richard, yes you having a DVD would definetly be a good idea. Things to make your DVD stand out from the others. Would be to show yourself having more interaction with your friends family etc.. Show people more then just you at the gym liftin weights. Alot of people buy these dvds cause they want to find out more about that bber's life style etc.. Speak your mind and speak the truth let people know how you feel about the sport and what it means to you, and how its changed your life..

May I just add a suggestion...don't end your video with you down on the floor, scrubbing your immaculate white tile floor with a tooth brush.

missfit_canada

• Getbig I
  • "in training"
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2006, 10:03:23 PM »
Hey Richard,

I think your DVD idea is great!  I'd buy it  :)

If you ever want to come to Vancouver, BC (Canada) let me know..we have a couple great shows here every year that we bring guest posers in for.  Vancouver is a beautiful city with lots to do!

Looking forward to seeing your new website...I was on your message board on your old site a couple of years ago.  It would be great to see a journal on your new site so we can keep up to date with your competition plans and everything else you are doing!

*Lindsey*

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:24 PM »
Well said Blaster! I just might ask you to be co-producer! I feel ya on that. That's why I don't have one yet. There are too many out that put people to sleep. I want to keep you guessing, on the edge of your seat, action-type, with a touch of drama and good humor! And of course....lifting weights!
You got me? I want to make it around the fans perspective as to what they want to see. So, I'm taking all of this feedback in and new ideas come to mind by way of the fans.
Sincerely,
Richard Jones

Ha! I'd love to, but I'm a broke Uni student and I wouldn't be able to afford to fly over to see u just yet. My idea would be around the daily life of a bodybuilder, much like Lee's idea (mind u, I said that well before any mention of Lee's series). I would start from the moment u wake up, and finish when u go to bed. I wouldn't go on and on about shopping and stuff like that, but it would show more of ur schedule in the days leading up to a show. I would possibly show off season stuff too just to show what it's like also. I would concentrate on the training, but not show every rep and set, perhaps just ur final set of each exercise.