Author Topic: Bill Kazmaier - Worlds Greatest Strongman  (Read 32842 times)

themetalgod

• Getbig II
Re: Bill Kazmaier - Worlds Greatest Strongman
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 07:37:52 AM »
the deadlift was not in training it was in a exhibition in front of the whole powerlifting community 907.Brent mikesell would beg to differ on the deadlift suit he says his suit is awesome and adds pounds.think about this Dave waddington was the first person to officially squat 1,000.in the wsm competition KAZ outsquatted him yelling these are the strongest legs in the world.kaz also did 970 somewhere no suit.plus kaz's squats weren't good mornings that passed for squats.i don't remember kaz ever using a suit.well think if it like this would mike miller or Jeff lewis squat 1200 without a squat suit hell no.they might get a 1,000 that's it,tell them to take those sissy suits off and see what they really can do.the first thing that happens is they both lean over really bad because the lack of a suit even Brent said this when i asked him on his web site, that he leans over terribly without a suit.the nest thing you'll tell me is that kaz couldn;t bench with mendy or ryclak.you also have to remember the drugs are so much better today,look at what they did for barry bonds.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 01:09:20 PM »
as far as the bench goes i actually think that Kaz was STRONGER than Mendy or Kenelly but not as strong as Jim Williams who i consider the best bencher ever, Kaz could never outsquat Jeff Lewis, Jeff weighs 500 lbs. and just has too much sheer bodyweight on Kaz.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »
but jeff has a ton and i mean ton of fat on him kaz was pure muscle 7 percent at 350 and paul anderson was 350 and he did 1200 with a lot of fat.miksell has the best squat as far as that system goes and he did outsquat jeff at a much lighter weight brent was a 308 when he had his big squat.jim williams was a great bencher that nobody today knows about or remembers he was good.don reinhoudt said the two greatest benchers in his opinion were jim williams and kaz.they should all take that equipment off and go at it the way it was meant to be.olympic lifters don;t use gear even though they really couldn;t design gear for their lifts but it's all them.somebody on this site was taslking nabout how ryclak hurt himself going after that 1008 bench because he went nowhere near his body could handle without the gear,which would be about 700.the wrist wraps are outrageous too what use to be an ace bandage turned into some super contraption.as fore todays drugs look what they did to bonds,in that pick there he was already in college 20,21 the roids turned him into a different person 

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 04:35:07 PM »
i agree with you that Kaz was one of the two or three best supers in history but he wasn't 7 percent BF more like 11 or 12 which is still extremely low for a PL'er weighing 330 and Jim Williams and Kaz were probably about equal on the bench now that i think about it, Jim did 700 raw at York Barbell in front of a number of guys on the US Olympic lifting team in 1972, Kaz i think did 661 or so in a meet, i don't think Kaz ever officially squatted 970 but i don't doubt that he did it in training but the squat you mentioned against Waddington in WSM was only a partial lift on a machine, i don't remember hearing about him pulling 907 anywhere but i do remember hearing about Jon Cole pulling 900 in an exhibition.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
it was on american strength legends beofre the site shut down he did it in a 1983 powerlifting exhibition.that 661 was the world record he set.i never heard of the cole 900 though.he still beat waddington at his own lift  ;) even if it was a partial squat.they had been hyping dave's lift when kaz beat him that was the same year i think kaz did the coin lift twice in a row.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 05:18:42 PM »
yeah i think Bill was stronger all around then Dave, Dave may have been a little better competion squatter i don't think he was very familiar with the apparatus at WSM, BTW how do you think Bill compares with Brian Siders?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 06:24:02 PM »
siders is getting a lot of attention brent mikesell gave him a ringing endorsment as maybe one of the strongest all time but i think that was a rush.siders is good all around maybe not the upper body strength of bill but who is.he's good with the thomas inch dumbell ten reps i think but it wasn;t the same when bill first lifted off the ground then became the first to press it overhead bill had never practiced with it before he did it.siders is young too he'll end up a great lifter.but there will only ever be one bill kazmaier.the way he was built tremendous size with no fat just ripped with powerlifting muscle,how many guys are that big and built like that.i mean look at vasily alexeev the greatest olympic lifter big gutt a lot of fat but the strongest in his sport ever so maybe you don;t have to be ripped like bill but i can only think that that extra muscle instead of fat made a huge difference in his lifts.same way with glenn ross he's like 400 pounds but a lot of fat but he's strong as hell.one guy on this site had his lifts.david webster in his book sons of samson said bill had muscle in places that people didn;t have places :) though bruce wilhem the first winner of the strongest man says ken patera was the strongest he ever seen in emails i had with him.there is a lot of trash talk between powerlifters and o lifters and whos strongest.right now i think zydrunas zavikas is the world strongest.mariuz has won the wsm three times but zakvikus has won the arnold 4 straight times beating him this year.i think zavickus doesn;t care about the wsm because the arnold pays better and with more gifts.i think bill is the strongest ever without question.he done too many things to say that he isn;t the guy who started this thread listed them.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 07:32:49 AM »
i've got to disagree with you about Siders upper body strength, there was a video on irongame of him benching 600 for 5 raw at the Arnold backstage, that would put him about equal with Kaz.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 09:48:03 AM »
i seen that too but you have to take into account total upperbody strength overhead pressing with bars and logs,hand strength,bench press,breaking cyr's lateral lifts,running around with an atlas stone on his shoulder,breaking the 56 pound toss record,throwing those kegs into the pickup truck when all the other competitors had to walk each one in and those were strong men he was competing againest geoff capes.also when things were done,todays drugs are much better and stronger.kaz's lifts were done 26 years ago siders is doing that today.you think he would have improved upon kaz's records but he hasn't.to tell you the truth i don;t think we'll see anybody with kaz's upper body strength again.but of all the lifts i seen the one that i seen personally from about 5 feet in a church  just blew me away.kaz took a 3/4 inch galvinized steel bolt and bent it into a u with the sides touching.all you seen and heard were three quick grunts and when he opened his hand the thing was bent.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 11:00:50 AM »
i seen that too but you have to take into account total upperbody strength overhead pressing with bars and logs,hand strength,bench press,breaking cyr's lateral lifts,running around with an atlas stone on his shoulder,breaking the 56 pound toss record,throwing those kegs into the pickup truck when all the other competitors had to walk each one in and those were strong men he was competing againest geoff capes.

thats something i want to see!!!
Scouser on Tour

themetalgod

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »
when kaz was throwing the kegs.man that was awesome he was like an animal.they sometimes show it as a clip during one of the new wsm episodes as a flashback.if anybody has ever picked up a keg you know how heavy and unstable they are because of the water.i say 1 180 pound keg feels at least like a 400 pound deadlift.it feels way heavier then 180.   

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 07:52:48 AM »
kaZMAIER WAS GREAT . YES GREAT PHYSIQUE . TOO .  he was the main strongman of the 1980,s i would guess . now savickacs is the king . at 60 pounds more .