Author Topic: Happy Sunday  (Read 57680 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Happy Sunday
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2015, 01:05:21 AM »
can we not have faith without having faith in something definable, just stay open to the mystery? When one says with conviction that they are saved because they accepted Jesus in to their hearts it seems more like the need to feel safe and secure rather than dwell in the state of unknowing which takes real faith and trust. Likewise the materialist and nihilist trys to find a sense of security and relief in their worldview by repeating it over and over to themselves and others.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2015, 01:21:12 AM »
Man what in the hell is going on in here

Tbombz is the modern-day Jesus. People just need to accept this fact.

He is a preacher as sane as this one:

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2015, 01:21:59 AM »
From exploded, swirling stardust were we formed in the cosmos and by exploding stars will we again be reduced to dust within the cosmos that is also ever-expanding bringing us closer and closer to an inevitable cold, dark death.  Our existence is random, our purpose is nothing and our value is worthless.

That cover it?

A random unseen 'god' whispered a few words and everything jumped into existence, fully formed. Dinosaurs dropped out of the sky and fish appeared in the sea. Eventually some dude wakes up under a tree somewhere, gets chatting to a snake, starts feeling a bit peckish and bites into a magic apple, but not before he loses a rib in order for a girl to suddenly stumble out of a cave.

Does that cover it in your world?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2015, 01:26:52 AM »
can we not have faith without having faith in something definable, just stay open to the mystery? When one says with conviction that they are saved because they accepted Jesus in to their hearts it seems more like the need to feel safe and secure rather than dwell in the state of unknowing which takes real faith and trust. Likewise the materialist and nihilist trys to find a sense of security and relief in their worldview by repeating it over and over to themselves and others.

Seems like a good compromise to me.

Tbomz need the fairy tale as he's going to die of aids, and praying to a million gods won't save him or change that fact.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2015, 01:30:25 AM »
Seems like a good compromise to me.

Tbomz need the fairy tale as he's going to die of aids, and praying to a million gods won't save him or change that fact.

MOS may see a love of Christ but I see a scared and desperate boy. It's written all over his face.
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2015, 01:33:19 AM »
MOS may see a love of Christ but I see a scared and desperate boy. It's written all over his face.

Most people 'want' to believe in fairy tales.

MOS 'needs' to believe.

Hey man, whatever gets you through the long years. At least he comes across as a gentleman.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:01 AM »

MOS 'needs' to believe.

Hey man, whatever gets you through the long years. At least he comes across as a gentleman.

He is.  I agree, as long as you don't demand I believe I'm good.
A

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:59 AM »
11 pages of shit when the first and only reply should have been 'fuck off aids ridden fag'

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2015, 01:47:48 AM »
A random unseen 'god' whispered a few words and everything jumped into existence, fully formed. Dinosaurs dropped out of the sky and fish appeared in the sea. Eventually some dude wakes up under a tree somewhere, gets chatting to a snake, starts feeling a bit peckish and bites into a magic apple, but not before he loses a rib in order for a girl to suddenly stumble out of a cave.

You forgot the dude that lived in a whale's belly for days. Had a lantern and a good book.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2015, 04:08:24 AM »
11 pages of shit when the first and only reply should have been 'fuck off aids ridden fag'

That would have made a lot more sense.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:56 AM »

x2

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2015, 04:41:32 AM »
x

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2015, 05:40:43 AM »
x

looks like he's trying to figure out how to fit that in and not be in pain the following day.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2015, 06:36:55 AM »

We all know my world, but I was wondering if what I summarized was the essence of uberman's worldview....given he wrote quite a bit I wanted to make sure.   It's basically akin to what Lawrence Krauss has presented again and again in recent years.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:10 AM »
You forgot the dude that lived in a whale's belly for days. Had a lantern and a good book.

I always enjoy when supernatural situations from scripture are mockingly thrown out like this with the underlying tone being "how bibliotards can remain in their delusion is beyond me.....tell me how that is possible in the natural world LOL?!"  

Examples such as this are repeatedly put on display as though it's some kind of KO right hook.  Problem is that you take these examples and immediately deny and therefore extract God from the equation hence his providence over the situation is gone...convenient.  If you're going to present a supernatural example from scripture then you must go the whole way with it and that means that God remains in the equation as presented in scripture.  To take a supernatural event and seemingly demand it be force fit into a purely naturalistic worldview doesn't work; although, I understand the priority is to mock in the hopes of a "group high five while we dogpile the delusionite religiotard" situation.

FYI ~ Jonah was not necessarily in a whale, but a large sea creature.  KJV translators translated the greek for "large sea creature" or "large sea beast" (originally from OT hebrew) as "whale" in the NT.  Nothing wrong with a whale, but it isn't absolutely so.  

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:37 AM »

MOS 'needs' to believe.

Wow, thank you James....I'll take what I can get.   ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:45 AM »
gepetto?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »
Tbombz is the modern-day Jesus. People just need to accept this fact.

He is a preacher as sane as this one:

;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2015, 08:29:24 AM »
what you call faith is instinct of survival and all animals have it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2015, 09:02:17 AM »
what you call faith is instinct of survival and all animals have it.

So uberman you have simply accepted your fate thereby defying your baser instincts for survival?  

Put another way, theists prefer the matrix while you prefer the real world (or Zion)?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »
So atheists and agnostics have simply accepted their fate thereby defying their baser instincts for survival?  

Put another way, theists prefer the matrix while atheists prefer the real world (or Zion)?

Nice way to take Uberman comments and generalize them to ALL atheist by saying, "so atheists and agonistics have simply..."

You should have said, "so uberman has simply accepted his fate..."

I never knew uberman was the spokesperson for all atheists/agnositcs. Second, its obvious hes trolling. 8 months ago he was a die hard christian. Now hes an atheist.  ::) ::)

And yet you claim not to be biased toward atheists haha lol. Typical fundie.  :D :D

I don't believe 99% of the stuff that Uberman puts forth.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
Nice way to take Uberman comments and generalize them to ALL atheist by saying, "so atheists and agonistics have simply..."

You should have said, "so uberman has simply accepted his fate..."

I never knew uberman was the spokesperson for all atheists/agnositcs. Second, its obvious hes trolling. 8 months ago he was a die hard christian. Now hes an atheist.  ::) ::)

And yet you claim not to be biased toward atheists haha lol. Typical fundie.  :D :D

I don't believe 99% of the stuff that Uberman puts forth.

Reworded my post so uberman doesn't speak for all atheists/agnostics.

So uberman you have simply accepted your fate thereby defying your baser instincts for survival?  

Put another way, theists prefer the matrix while you prefer the real world (or Zion)?

Let me know if you require other revisions for my discussion with uberman.  :)

On a sidenote, please refrain from speaking on behalf of "the religious".....you don't speak for theists.

This is the rationale of religious thinking:

Gets better = Saved by God

Screws up = Man has Free Will

A convenient way to excuse your God from any wrongdoing.  ::) ::)

:)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »
The energy expended to go nowhere is amusing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »
The energy expended to go nowhere is amusing.

These threads get thousands and thousands of views.  I make sure and take the opportunity to represent my beliefs as best I'm able.  

I'm never under any delusion whatsoever that the atheists of this board will convert to Christianity because of our discussions.  I post for the sake of the viewer not replying that may not have made a decision for Christ.  

Those who challenge my beliefs simply allow the platform to share Christ to continue on an on until eventual thread death.  

I hope and occassionally receive PMs from folks who ask me questions privately about my faith because of these amusing threads that expend energy to go nowhere.   :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »
Reworded my post so uberman doesn't speak for all atheists/agnostics.

Let me know if you require other revisions for my discussion with uberman.  :)

On a sidenote, please refrain from speaking on behalf of "the religious".....you don't speak for theists.

:)

That's the thing. We do know that many religious people hold CERTAIN core values and truth, that are often widely believed as a general rule. Sure, there are minor deviations, but most Christians believe relatively the same thing, especially those that follow the bible.

Its not the same with atheism, since there is no one book (something like the bible) telling us what to believe. Thus, there are greater variations of what we believe and do not believe.
X