Author Topic: Happy Sunday  (Read 58435 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Happy Sunday
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »
How can you tell he doesn't believe it?

Almost 100% of what I know about God, scripture and theology is based upon what I've learned and then regurgitated from others that came before me.

It's just very typical of somone who messed up their life and turned to God  ::)

Kind of like most people in prison.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
Odd that the wildly reckless gloryholing tweaker in the easy-access bunny suit was the saner T.

MoS, if our friend soon relapses, runs legally afoul, harms himself or another, is "hospitalized," revisits the bathhouses and pickle parks or otherwise starts to resemble his old self, would it at all affect how you've interpreted his behavior here?

Point being, if this is truly the Holy Spirit and all, he should be permanently healed, correct?

This is the rationale of religious thinking:

Gets better = Saved by God

Screws up = Man has Free Will

A convenient way to excuse your God from any wrongdoing.  ::) ::)
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »
This is the rationale of religious thinking:

Gets better = Saved by God

Screws up = Man has Free Will

A convenient way to excuse your God from any wrongdoing.  ::) ::)

Yes, God makes starving children in Africa so they can use the free will to learn a lesson, whatever that is. Everything happens for a reason.  It's all part of gods plan.  ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2015, 12:00:54 PM »
Odd that the wildly reckless gloryholing tweaker in the easy-access bunny suit was the saner T.

MoS, if our friend soon relapses, runs legally afoul, harms himself or another, is "hospitalized," revisits the bathhouses and pickle parks or otherwise starts to resemble his old self, would it at all affect how you've interpreted his behavior here in the vid?

Point being, if this is truly the Holy Spirit and all, he should be permanently healed, correct?

I would certainly be disappointed if he fell back into his previous ways; although, I belief him to be a believer today and would encourage him if he allowed sin to compromise him once again. 

If sinners were barred from churches, churches would be empty.

Believers aren't yet made perfect (or free of sin) through salvation in Christ, but we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit so that we may live in accordance with righteousness.  Although that neither means that believers are infallible nor does it mean they're given a ticket to continue on in sin.....the exact opposite is true.   

The believer in Christ should desire to turn completely away from their sin, but sin is a powerful, corrupting agent that is ever-present in this life.  The believer will spend a lifetime seeking to overcome it.....it's a spiritual battle and if it were easy everyone would do it LOL.

What I continue to see on these boards is that folks are rooting for tbombz to fail because that failure would somehow vindicate their preferred worldview.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »
Yes, God makes starving children in Africa so they can use the free will to learn a lesson, whatever that is. Everything happens for a reason.  It's all part of gods plan.  ::)

Yes, and religious people will make up a million reasons to excuse their God. No matter what you say, it all does not matter.

And yes, what type of Free Will do 3 year old children have to choose whether or not they are starving? How can a 3 year old exhibit any Free Will about choosing to eat or not? Its all bogus religious garbage.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »
I would certainly be disappointed if he fell back into his previous ways; although, I belief him to be a believer today and would encourage him if he allowed sin to compromise him once again. 

If sinners were barred from churches, churches would be empty.

Believers aren't yet made perfect (or free of sin) through salvation in Christ, but we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit so that we may live in accordance with righteousness.  Although that neither means that believers are infallible nor does it mean they're given a ticket to continue on in sin.....the exact opposite is true.   

The believer in Christ should desire to turn completely away from their sin, but sin is a powerful, corrupting agent that is ever-present in this life.  The believer will spend a lifetime seeking to overcome it.....it's a spiritual battle and if it were easy everyone would do it LOL.

What I continue to see on these boards is that folks are rooting for tbombz to fail because that failure would somehow vindicate their preferred worldview.

We are not rooting for him to fail. We think he needs other help, besides the religious kind.

Plus, people have warned tbombz for YEARS!! SOOOOO many people told tbombz, like they told DA, that he was going down a dangerous path. DA failed to listen and he died. Tbombz did not listen, now he has HIV. Both cases are sad. But behind getsbigs ball-breaking attitude, A LOT of people told him to get his shit together. He didn't, now he has a life-threatening illness. So, don't play the whole, "we want him to fail."  ::) ::)
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:58 PM »
However there is a ton of good life knowledge and morales and values in religion. Not joking.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:12 PM »
However there is a ton of good life knowledge and morales and values in religion. Not joking.

Of course there is, but I can get those same morals and values without religion. Overall, I was raised in a very secular household and I turned out just fine (besides posting on getbig  ;D ).
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:20 PM »

Or perhaps it's the case that God entrusted the whole of creation to his primary creation in humanity and we've squandered or stockpiled our resources and we've neglected to be the instruments of change we were meant to be.   We criticize God, but the fact remains that a country like the U.S. could eradicate world hunger in a month and yet we don't.  Heck the largest corporations in the U.S. could eradicate hunger in the world in a month if they chose to, but they don't.   We put God on trial and blame him for our shortcomings when the world is amply established to be provide for all.  We refuse accountability of our poor management of earthly resources.  "I can't send money to hunger associations or give of my time because I've been waiting 24 months for my new flat screen tv....I've earned that tv!"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
It's just very typical of somone who messed up their life and turned to God  ::)

Kind of like most people in prison.

I was messing up my life and turned to God and I give him the praise because he righted my path.  

Christ came to free mankind from sin and make mankind a slave to righteousness.   You'll typically find the worst sinners in prison.   No need to fix what isn't broken though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »
I was messing up my life and turned to God and I give him the praise because he righted my path. 

Christ came to free mankind from sin and make mankind a slave to righteousness.   You'll typically find the worst sinners in prison.   No need to fix what isn't broken.
I wonder if when we die, we are able to harvest our deepest thoughts relative to our lives, and basically turn on an eternal dream state.

That my friend, might be your only way to heaven.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »
Or perhaps it's the case that God entrusted the whole of creation to his primary creation in humanity and we've squandered or stockpiled our resources and we've neglected to be the instruments of change we were meant to be.   We criticize God, but the fact remains that a country like the U.S. could eradicate world hunger in a month and yet we don't.  Heck the largest corporations in the U.S. could eradicate hunger in the world in a month if they chose to, but they don't.   We put God on trial and blame him for our shortcomings when the world is amply established to be provide for all.  We refuse accountability of our poor management of earthly resources.  "I can't send money to hunger associations or give of my time because I've been waiting 24 months for my new flat screen tv....I've earned that tv!"

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Similar to major corporations, the church is a multi-billion dollar industry and can cure world hunger. Why don't they?  ??? ???

X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Similar to major corporations, the church is a multi-billion dollar industry and can cure world hunger. Why don't they?  ??? ???

Good point. Why don't all of these rich and famous televangelists, represent the house of god that they benefit from?

I'm sure they have enough money to cure the hunger of a third world country.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »
We are not rooting for him to fail. We think he needs other help, besides the religious kind.

Plus, people have warned tbombz for YEARS!! SOOOOO many people told tbombz, like they told DA, that he was going down a dangerous path. DA failed to listen and he died. Tbombz did not listen, now he has HIV. Both cases are sad. But behind getsbigs ball-breaking attitude, A LOT of people told him to get his shit together. He didn't, now he has a life-threatening illness. So, don't play the whole, "we want him to fail."  ::) ::)

There's nothing wrong with encouraging folks to get help, but you're clinging to this notion that "tbombz needs therapy" to make your argument work.

You have no belief in God hence you have no belief that mental and physical ills can be cured by God. 

Yes, tbombz contracted AIDS and he's receiving medical treatment for it as he should, but you're insistence that he also needs psychotherapy  is rooted in the desire to both "make your argument work", eliminate any necessity for God and conform the entire situation to your preferred worldview.

Here's the reality....this isn't about you LOL.

I think it's noble that folks cared about tbombz and wanted to encourage him to not engage in the reckless behaviors he'd now abandoned....I did the same back then.

What you appear to dislike is that he abandoned those behaviors via God's impact on his life and because he hasn't needed traditional therapy you want to forcefit a continued need for that therapy onto him.   

That said, if you genuinely care for his well being you won't partake in mocking or insulting him again.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »
There's nothing wrong with encouraging folks to get help, but you're clinging to this notion that "tbombz needs therapy" to make your argument work.

You have no belief in God hence you have no belief that mental and physical ills can be cured by God. 

Yes, tbombz contracted AIDS and he's receiving medical treatment for it as he should, but you're insistence that he also needs psychotherapy  is rooted in the desire to both "make your argument work", eliminate any necessity for God and conform the entire situation to your preferred worldview.

I think it's noble that folks cared about tbombz and wanted to encourage him to not engage in the reckless behaviors he'd now abandoned....I did the same back then.

What you appear to dislike is that he abandoned those behaviors via God's impact on his life and because he hasn't needed traditional therapy you want to forcefit a continued need for that therapy onto him.   

That said, if you genuinely care for his well being you won't partake in mocking or insulting him again.
Would god cure his aids if he prayed hard enough, or made more Youtube videos?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Does not the whole of creation also include the widows, the elderly, children, mentally handicaped and the infirm?

The excess countries like the U.S. have.....even the wasted food in restaurants nationwide could help cure world hunger.

FYI here's the rest of 1 Timothy 5 for the sake of context:

1 Timothy 5
Advice about Widows, Elders, and Slaves
5 Never speak harshly to an older man, but appeal to him respectfully as you would to your own father. Talk to younger men as you would to your own brothers. 2 Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.

3 Take care of any widow who has no one else to care for her. 4 But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God.

5 Now a true widow, a woman who is truly alone in this world, has placed her hope in God. She prays night and day, asking God for his help. 6 But the widow who lives only for pleasure is spiritually dead even while she lives. 7 Give these instructions to the church so that no one will be open to criticism.

8 But those who won’t care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.

9 A widow who is put on the list for support must be a woman who is at least sixty years old and was faithful to her husband.[c] 10 She must be well respected by everyone because of the good she has done. Has she brought up her children well? Has she been kind to strangers and served other believers humbly? Has she helped those who are in trouble? Has she always been ready to do good?

11 The younger widows should not be on the list, because their physical desires will overpower their devotion to Christ and they will want to remarry. 12 Then they would be guilty of breaking their previous pledge. 13 And if they are on the list, they will learn to be lazy and will spend their time gossiping from house to house, meddling in other people’s business and talking about things they shouldn’t. 14 So I advise these younger widows to marry again, have children, and take care of their own homes. Then the enemy will not be able to say anything against them. 15 For I am afraid that some of them have already gone astray and now follow Satan.

16 If a woman who is a believer has relatives who are widows, she must take care of them and not put the responsibility on the church. Then the church can care for the widows who are truly alone.

17 Elders who do their work well should be respected and paid well, especially those who work hard at both preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, “You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain.” And in another place, “Those who work deserve their pay!”

19 Do not listen to an accusation against an elder unless it is confirmed by two or three witnesses. 20 Those who sin should be reprimanded in front of the whole church; this will serve as a strong warning to others.

21 I solemnly command you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus and the highest angels to obey these instructions without taking sides or showing favoritism to anyone.

22 Never be in a hurry about appointing a church leader. Do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.

23 Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often.

24 Remember, the sins of some people are obvious, leading them to certain judgment. But there are others whose sins will not be revealed until later. 25 In the same way, the good deeds of some people are obvious. And the good deeds done in secret will someday come to light.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:06 PM »

Of course not.  God magically disappears when it comes to the incurable (HIV, missing limbs, etc.) prayer and God only seem to work when there are many other factors that may cure someone. What a coincidence.  ::)
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »

Could God cure his AIDS?  Yes.  Will he?  Don't know.   

Did the faith of others cause Christ to impart healing to them in scripture?  Yes.  Does every faithful believer get healed?  No.  Is that wrong?  No.   

I haven't been healed of everything and my faith isn't shaken either.  The trials I've suffered through and continue to suffer through have been the best aspects of my life and drawn me closer to God than anything else.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »

He can do both!! You realize there are many therapists who practice from a religious perspective? Thus, he can get both forms of help. For tbombz I do think he also needs other forms of help. He clearly has issues.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2015, 12:42:35 PM »

I assume you're approaching my comments based upon the notion that I'm only referencing the population of unbelievers?   Not so.  Again, the "whole of creation" is entrusted....that includes you, me, believers, unbelievers, etc.....we are all accountable.  This includes corporations, churches, governments....you name it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
I assume you're approaching my comments based upon the notion that I'm only referencing the population of unbelievers?   Not so.  Again, the "whole of creation" is entrusted....that includes you, me, believers, unbelievers, etc.....we are all accountable.  This includes corporations, churches, governments....you name it.

And yet for all the preaching the church does they have not cured world hunger, although the they could. What a disgusting organization.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
He can do both!! You realize there are many therapists who practice from a religious perspective? Thus, he can get both forms of help. For tbombz I do think he also needs other forms of help. He clearly has issues.

I'm done with this line of discussion.....if you want to declare yourself winner I'm fine with that. 

I already noted I'm pro-medicine, therapy, dentistry, etc....  I also noted there's nothing wrong with you, me, tbombz or anyone seeking the help of a therapist.   

What issues does tbombz have that require therapy?  What specific therapy do you recommend? How is it you are able to diagnose his mental ills so conclusively?  If he reaches out to you for assistance will you follow through? 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »
And yet for all the preaching the church does they have not cured world hunger, although the they could. What a disgusting organization.

Are non-religious associations, corporations and governments with similar and ample resources also disgusting?

As I've told you before atheists haven't cornered the market on asking questions.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »

I agree. Tbombz was warned.. but now he needs non-religious help.