Author Topic: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet  (Read 12699 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
Still not seeing much fat loss. Macros around 60 f, 35 p, 5 c
Cals ranging typically from 2600 to 3200. Not alot.
Dont want to start dropping cals to soon and end up early summer having to maintain a 1800 cal diet.

hIIT cardio is 10 min a day (4-5 times a week, treadmill)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »
Still not seeing much fat loss. Macros around 60 f, 35 p, 5 c
Cals ranging typically from 2600 to 3200. Not alot.
Dont want to start dropping cals to soon and end up early summer having to maintain a 1800 cal diet.

hIIT cardio is 10 min a day (4-5 times a week, treadmill)

Your HIIT is 10 minutes on the treadmill?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »

After lifting yes...My idea was to elevate heart rate rapidly. The idea is to let diet do most of the work.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
2600 to 3200 is a lot of calories if you're cutting.  Have you even figured out how much your baseline is?  You need to take in less than what you require to lose fat.

How tall are you?  how much do you currently weigh?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:55 AM »
After lifting yes...My idea was to elevate heart rate rapidly. The idea is to let diet do most of the work.

Are you sprinting on the TM or doing the Cutler Stroll?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
2600 to 3200 is a lot of calories if you're cutting.  Have you even figured out how much your baseline is?  You need to take in less than what you require to lose fat.

How tall are you?  how much do you currently weigh?

6ft, probably 14 bf. 210 lbs.

3200 is basically maintenence for me according to calculators.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
Maybe do like joon and buy keto sticks and test to see if you are in ketosis. Maybe you need to clean up the diet a little and get rid of some more carbs.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:28 AM »
Are you sprinting on the TM or doing the Cutler Stroll?

Sprinting.

30 sec light jog, 30 second blast from 8-10mph. 10 reps of the blast

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Maybe do like joon and buy keto sticks and test to see if you are in ketosis. Maybe you need to clean up the diet a little and get rid of some more carbs.

My carbs are only coming from greens, one or two serving of nuts or nut butter, and trace dairy stuff like my whey shake. Definitely under 30g a day like the diet calls for

Maybe i just need to give it a solid 2 months before casting judgement

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »
My carbs are only coming from greens, one or two serving of nuts or nut butter, and trace dairy stuff like my whey shake. Definitely under 30g a day like the diet calls for

How much have you lost in the 38 days?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Sprinting.

30 sec light jog, 30 second blast from 8-10mph. 10 reps of the blast

8 mph is a jog

For HIIT at that short level of activity to be truly effective, that 30 sec has to be MAX effort.
Y

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
How much have you lost in the 38 days?

Interesting enough, no real loss. Id say slightly hardened up with arm veins more pronounced but scale is either same or up a lb or two

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »
8 mph is a jog

For HIIT at that short level of activity to be truly effective, that 30 sec has to be MAX effort.

Sounds like heart attack levels. 8 mph when your doin reps is hard as shit for me but yeah i typically try for 9-10

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »
Too many cals, IMO at that weight and bf or are you looking for more of a recomp type thing and not a straight up diet?

Agree on hiit as well. Do that longer or drop cals.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 10:25:16 AM »
Too many cals, IMO at that weight and bf or are you looking for more of a recomp type thing and not a straight up diet?

Agree on hiit as well. Do that longer or drop cals.

Intention was a recomp esq to see just how effective hi fat low carb could be. I thought 40 days in the results would be much more evident. Training is great though, tons of energy.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »

You forgot about your cheat day, that I told you would definitely screw up your fat loss plans.

Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, M.D. was also a world champion Power Lifter. His ANABOLIC DIET wasn't geared to Bodybuilding, it was for building and maintaining over all strength, without accumulating way too much useless body fat. You seem to be confusing the generic word "diet," with fat loss. Not true. "Diet" it is just what you eat. For fat loss, your "diet" must be a "fat loss diet." An Anabolic Diet, with a cheat day once a week, when you pig out on carbs, won't work for body fat loss at all. It will help you maintain weight, while growing muscle, but it won't get rid of appreciable amounts of body fat. To get that done, you have to lose the cheat day, and do the Anabolic Diet 7 days per week, with no cheating at all. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
Gotcha, always good to experiment. Did the same thing years ago myself when trying to find the "perfect" diet. Came to conclusion that no such thing. It is still essentially get protein/cals in and rest fill with whatever you want. I felt terrible on low carb diets so I don't do them. Prefer higher carb, but if you feel great then that's awesome. Just, like i wrote, I came to conclusion that it's not magic by any means and myself did not perform optimally on it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Order a stew smith fitness book, put weight on your back and get outside........you'll lean out no problem.
Y

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »
You forgot about your cheat day, that I told you would definitely screw up your fat loss plans.

Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, M.D. was also a world champion Power Lifter. His ANABOLIC DIET wasn't geared to Bodybuilding, it was for building and maintaining over all strength, without accumulating way too much useless body fat. You seem to be confusing the generic word "diet," with fat loss. Not true. "Diet" it is just what you eat. For fat loss, your "diet" must be a "fat loss diet." An Anabolic Diet, with a cheat day once a week, when you pig out on carbs, won't work for body fat loss at all. It will help you maintain weight, while growing muscle, but it won't get rid of appreciable amounts of body fat. To get that done, you have to lose the cheat day, and do the Anabolic Diet 7 days per week, with no cheating at all. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Ok but what about the calorie intake. AD says my maintence is way higher than even what im doing

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »
6' 220, 14BF, then 3200 is  too much.  basically keep track of calories and tweak down a bit until you start noticing a difference.   Are you doing the refeeds on the weekend just munching on carbs?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »
6' 220, 14BF, then 3200 is  too much.  basically keep track of calories and tweak down a bit until you start noticing a difference.   Are you doing the refeeds on the weekend just munching on carbs?

My refeed is saturday only. Morning till bed. Sugary carbs like protein bars, normal people dinners and lunches and small dessert. Ill probably cut the majority of this junk out like Erik C said

Why are all these maintenece calculators and AD diet instructions saying that my maintenence is like 3200-3600?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
My refeed is saturday only. Morning till bed. Sugary carbs like protein bars, normal people dinners and lunches and small dessert. Ill probably cut the majority of this junk out like Erik C said

I tried that diet.  After a big carb breakfast on Sunday I just wanted to sleep all day.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »
Ok but what about the calorie intake. AD says my maintence is way higher than even what im doing

Calories don't make you fat. Calories from carbs are what makes you fat. If you don't believe that, then you just don't get what extremely low carb dieting is all about. In my experience, all the people that I have ever known, who counted calories, and included carbs in their daily diet, were fat, and stayed fat, and will probably die fat, because they just don't get why they are fat in the first place: Eating Carbs!

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
Calories don't make you fat. Calories from carbs are what makes you fat. If you don't believe that, then you just don't get what extremely low carb dieting is all about. In my experience, all the people that I have ever known, who counted calories, and included carbs in their daily diet, were fat, and stayed fat, and will probably die fat, because they just don't get why they are fat in the first place: Eating Carbs!

Dude i just said im under 30g a day...yet nothing is happening all that much, so calories in and and out definitely have some role. One semi refeed day i doubt is doing any harm. Even pasquale says that. I read his book

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »

HIIT is fueled by glucose.  Shouldn't even be doing HIIT if he's eating low carb like that.