Author Topic: White power march - Manchester Uk  (Read 23763 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: White power march - Manchester Uk
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »
I have an interest in history so I'm curious. Which sources did you find these numbers from?
From everything I've previously read, the entire Native American population in the US prior to European conquest ranged from around 5 - 20 million. This seems quite believable to me as I think it would have been near impossible to eliminate a people if their numbers were more significant.

100 million Native Americans killed would be around 40% more than the entire death count from WWII. Does that sound realistic?

I gather this is the source that is most cited for the 100 million figure http://www.oupcanada.com/catalog/9780195085570.html

Death counts are hard to establish because usually nobody cares about the people dying. For example the US does not keep numbers on indigenous deaths for countries like Iraq. The counting is left up to other entities which can take a while. It doesn't surprise me that over time the numbers get bigger and bigger basically because nobody has worked on it. 
"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/neo-nazi-rally-manchester-city-centre-8933089

Walked past this on saturday, being mixed race i did shit my pants abit getting on the tram with an army of skin head guy holding white power banners.

Im not exactly brown but im not white either so how far does this white power go, do you have to be 100% white to join? lol

Post a pic (certainly no homo) and I can tell you within 0.5 seconds if you look 'White' or not.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »
Joon you sure are one ignorant racist dude.

Joon isn't white, so naturally his opinion carries less weight.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
I clicked on the link the guys says something about "we're just here to celebrate being white"

Yeah... They seem so "party like" with the look and attitude they sport... Stuff like this is bullshit just as groups like "black panther" are.
?

ruth_e_ford

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »
Joon isn't white, so naturally his opinion carries less weight.

I am white.

Not that it matters.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 05:42:14 AM »
I gather this is the source that is most cited for the 100 million figure http://www.oupcanada.com/catalog/9780195085570.html

Death counts are hard to establish because usually nobody cares about the people dying. For example the US does not keep numbers on indigenous deaths for countries like Iraq. The counting is left up to other entities which can take a while. It doesn't surprise me that over time the numbers get bigger and bigger basically because nobody has worked on it. 

Looking at that source, I think the 100 million figure counts the entire North and South American continents. However, I think if you were to just count the Native population of what is the modern day USA prior to European conquest, than you're probably looking at a few million. It's worth keeping in mind though that concrete evidence for historical events can often be scarce and will also vary depending on the political opinions of the historian.

It's also important to put things in context. Almost all empires and great civilisations committed heinous crimes. That's often how empires are built. The Mongol conquests and invasions for instance is believed to have resulted in around 40 million deaths. The Ancient Egyptian civilisation was built on slave labour...etc.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »

I am white.

Not that it matters.

You got 'something' in you. You're not white white.