Author Topic: What is a deadlift weight to be proud of?  (Read 10816 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: What is a deadlift weight to be proud of?
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2015, 02:48:35 AM »
Lol I agree. He's like young tombs or ZachG85 lots of knowledge, wisdom and experience but no proof. I'm sure he's a good dude just a little off. I remember the first time he posted pics he was a chubby Arabian kid talking tons of smack. I'm sure he's trolling for fun.

I just want to see his video proof.

Flint is deluded as hell and talks loads of crap but he is very strong. Here's the video:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:27 AM »
Flint is deluded as hell and talks loads of crap but he is very strong. Here's the video:

Interesting.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2015, 08:11:26 AM »
If you weigh 178 @ 9% bodyfat, pulling 505 twice isn't a bad feat. If you do it in the gym, you will have people's attention.

Ronnie was in Contest shape, probably just a hair under 290 and I believe he pulled over 8 bills for reps... not sure, but what I do know is that he's regretted that to this day.

He fucked himself up. Said if the tape hadn't a been a rollin' he never woulda done it.. and he never did it before.

Now he's had surgery on.... everything? And from what I hear, he's not enjoying his supplement travel bus too much these days. Those roads (even with air ride) will beat the living hell outta you.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2015, 08:51:22 AM »

Decent weight for someone that must've been 14 at the time?
Sorry I lost track of flintstones age inbetween his adventures of getting fucked by milfs and getting stroked by 9's and 10's.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2015, 09:19:19 AM »
drug free or drugless?

do you guys consider 507lbs deadlift with a trap bar, no belt, no straps at 23 years old, completely natural (not that maintainance bullshit by getbig standards "natural because that is NOT natural), bw 200lbs with 17%-20% body fat a good result?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »
drug free or drugless?

do you guys consider 507lbs deadlift with a trap bar, no belt, no straps at 23 years old, completely natural (not that maintainance bullshit by getbig standards "natural because that is NOT natural), bw 200lbs with 17%-20% body fat a good result?

No.

A trap bar adds a considerable amount to your deadlift figures since you incorporate your legs a lot more. It's actually more of a squat movement than a deadlift. Good for your ego perhaps, but nowhere the same in terms of effort/impressiveness.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
No.

A trap bar adds a considerable amount to your deadlift figures since you incorporate your legs a lot more. It's actually more of a squat movement than a deadlift. Good for your ego perhaps, but nowhere the same in terms of effort/impressiveness.

could you deadlift 507 with no straps or belt on a trap bar?

how is that NOT impressive?!

gotta love getbig, broke nuigas talking all hype and shit. ssshiiiiiit!

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

Yes, first time I used a trapbar was the day after I competed in a powerlifting meet and still easy repped 220kg for 3x5 (Funny thing is I only pulled 217.5kg during the meet, haha).
Trapbar is all legdrive, and quite frankly serves no other purpose than egostroking in my opinion atleast.

If you think any different, then by all means try and see if you can lift the same weight on straightbar and trapbar. Reality check should follow quickly.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »

use collars, hope this helps...
F

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »

It's impressive.  I don't like the trap bar as much as a straight bar, but don't let anyone tell you it's not strong at 200.

If you weigh 178 @ 9% bodyfat, pulling 505 twice isn't a bad feat. If you do it in the gym, you will have people's attention.

Ronnie was in Contest shape, probably just a hair under 290 and I believe he pulled over 8 bills for reps... not sure, but what I do know is that he's regretted that to this day.

He fucked himself up. Said if the tape hadn't a been a rollin' he never woulda done it.. and he never did it before.

Now he's had surgery on.... everything? And from what I hear, he's not enjoying his supplement travel bus too much these days. Those roads (even with air ride) will beat the living hell outta you.

No disrespect bro, but come on. Ronnie is blaming his health issues on a set of deadlifts he did in 2000 for BFTO video shoot? Yet he went on to win 5 more Olympias and competed in two more after that. I'm assuming you haven't watched his latest back training video, post hip surgery Wiggs posted it, based on that video alone the 800# deadlift wasn't his biggest mistake, nor was it the thing that brought him down.

Everyone would always slam Coleman for training so heavy, saying it would lead to injury,  yet he still trained his heart out.

Guess what even after all his problems and surgeries he still trains heavy, you know why? Mentality. His mindset is that of a competitive individual, probably based on his athletic background,  and like many of us, he still pushes the envelope of his limits.

After all the drugs, lifts and whatever else he blames those deadlifts,  classic snake oil salesmanship.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »
Yes, first time I used a trapbar was the day after I competed in a powerlifting meet and still easy repped 220kg for 3x5 (Funny thing is I only pulled 217.5kg during the meet, haha).
Trapbar is all legdrive, and quite frankly serves no other purpose than egostroking in my opinion atleast.

If you think any different, then by all means try and see if you can lift the same weight on straightbar and trapbar. Reality check should follow quickly.

It's impressive.  I don't like the trap bar as much as a straight bar, but don't let anyone tell you it's not strong at 200.

trap bar is also lower back friendly.

but come on 507... NO LIFTING STRAPS!

gtfo that it's not impressive  ::), and secondly I thought you should deadlift with a normal olympic bar WITH leg drive and not with your back anyway, pff!

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
trap bar is also lower back friendly.

but come on 507... NO LIFTING STRAPS!

gtfo that it's not impressive  ::), and secondly I thought you should deadlift with a normal olympic bar WITH leg drive and not with your back anyway, pff!

Ofcourse you use legdrive, but not even close to the same extend as with a trapbar. You can't tell me that you don't notice the difference in ease of moving the weight. They're entirely different movement patterns for fuck sake.

Also who cares about straps? it's not a feat to not use them  ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

Ofcourse you use legdrive, but not even close to the same extend as with a trapbar. You can't tell me that you don't notice the difference in ease of moving the weight. They're entirely different movement patterns for fuck sake.

Also who cares about straps? it's not a feat to not use them  ::)

YES yes I know it's entirely differend and it's mostly leg drive, I know that! But lifting 500+ pounds off the ground with no straps is a good feat of strength. I don't denie that it's harder to deadlift with a regular olympic bar, I was just surprised how someone wouldn't consider lifting that shit up with no straps, no belt... and it was pretty smooth lift too. My cusine that is, who lifted it, not me :D

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2015, 01:50:38 PM »
YES yes I know it's entirely differend and it's mostly leg drive, I know that! But lifting 500+ pounds off the ground with no straps is a good feat of strength. I don't denie that it's harder to deadlift with a regular olympic bar, I was just surprised how someone wouldn't consider lifting that shit up with no straps, no belt... and it was pretty smooth lift too. My cusine that is, who lifted it, not me :D

Good lift? sure. Impressive? Not really.
I would look up to watch the lift if that helps?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »

Good lift? sure. Impressive? Not really.
I would look up to watch the lift if that helps?

ok it's not impressive then. But it's all good, the competition level in getbig is above average so I guess I was just hyped.

I do absolutely not have the video, da fuck you think :D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
ok it's not impressive then. But it's all good, the competition level in getbig is above average so I guess I was just hyped.

I do absolutely not have the video, da fuck you think :D

Relax brah, it's your cousin's lift. Had I known that I'd say not impressed.

I've beat dudes in competitions who came up to me and told me why their lift was better than mine and why they are stronger.
Sports fans argue why the team/individual that lost is better than the winner.

Bottom line you know when you see something impressive.

Good troll job.