Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 21, 2017, 11:05:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bostin Loyd Now With MuscleSport Mag  (Read 10765 times)
Joe Pietaro
Getbig II

Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »

Probably nothing you are doing wrong per se, but the constantly reposting of other stuff/products tends to diffuse the brand's image. Maybe that is just how the IG promo game is played, and I'm no expert...
Fair enough. We have used Instagram as sort of the 'point' platform for getting a lot of shit out there and do two, one-hour live shows every week. Used to be three with "NFL Coast-To-Coast" before we boycotted those race-baiting dicks. The IG live feeds are great for interaction with the viewers/readers.

I like to repost stuff for people who support our product as a way to give a little back.

I'm far from a social media marketing expert and learn more about this shit every day but we were able to grow our followers to a pretty respectable number in a short period of time using this strategy.
Report to moderator   Logged
Powerlift66
Getbig V

Bodybuiling is "The Ghey"...

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

Joe, no need to defend yourself, I get your mag and actually like it, last of a dying breed.

(Remember "Peak Training Journal" and early "MM2K")? I think the characters could be better, a bit more normal (James Vest, Robby Robinson, a few modern dudes, a few good legends like Robby).
I like some of those guys from the Animal vids. (McGrath, etc.)

But, keep it going, you know more than I ever would about that industry.
times are different now, people (many at least) like the freaks. Older people like me like the Dan Duchaine era of hardcore. (And of course my favorite era, late 70's).
Your Mag still has a lot to offer.
insider
Getbig III

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2017, 05:09:33 AM »

Bostin has no credibility, he is a circus act, having him as a writer is just desperate. I guess when you don't have any good content you go for this type of person.

I know, you don't
Joe Pietaro
Getbig II

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »

Joe, no need to defend yourself, I get your mag and actually like it, last of a dying breed.

(Remember "Peak Training Journal" and early "MM2K")? I think the characters could be better, a bit more normal (James Vest, Robby Robinson, a few modern dudes, a few good legends like Robby).
I like some of those guys from the Animal vids. (McGrath, etc.)

But, keep it going, you know more than I ever would about that industry.
times are different now, people (many at least) like the freaks. Older people like me like the Dan Duchaine era of hardcore. (And of course my favorite era, late 70's).
Your Mag still has a lot to offer.

Appreciate the kind words, bro. THX. When I first launched MSM in 2008, I had writers like Robby Robinson, Samir Bannout, John DeFendis, Ric Drasin, etc. and Bill Romanowski and Tony Mandarich from the NFL. That more mainstream approach didn't sell for shit and that's why I just kept the company as a side gig while I worked for places like FLEX and MD. But when I wanted to give it a shot full time in September 2014 (after Blechy fired me), I went in a completely different direction; one more rogue and edgy.

I was going to give it six solid months of hard work and if it didn't pay off, fold the tent and try to get another writing gig with someone else in bodybuilding or sports. But it's going on three-plus years and the company is making more money than ever before. So I'm sticking to what worked, basically.
stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »

I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

I've never met Bostin personally (I have met his dad in an earlier century) but I have corresponded with him and have seen some of his show-and-tell type videos over this here internet thing and I will definitely say that he is one of the most honest individuals I've ever had the opportunity to converse with inside and outside of the world of bodybuilding and the lifting of heavy things.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

I don't know if any GetBigger can dispute the honesty of Bostin Loyd even if the out-spoken subject of his honesty is contrary to any GetBigger's personal life-style.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Have I missed hearing something bad about Bostin that I have no knowledge of?

The Scott
Getbig V

I protect the city...

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »

I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

I've never met Bostin personally (I have met his dad in an earlier century) but I have corresponded with him and have seen some of his show-and-tell type videos over this here internet thing and I will definitely say that he is one of the most honest individuals I've ever had the opportunity to converse with inside and outside of the world of bodybuilding and the lifting of heavy things.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

I don't know if any GetBigger can dispute the honesty of Bostin Loyd even if the out-spoken subject of his honesty is contrary to any GetBigger's personal life-style.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Perhaps you have mistaken hate for disgust?  Given that competitive bodybuilding is all about each doper's personal impersonation of Dead Pool undergoing stress tests to cause his mutant genes to activate, most people here that are honest are just plain disgusted with these guys.

The rest (the ones that think drugs are just fine and more drugs is even more fine ('n'sheit) are just schmoes in suspended fapination.
Zillotch
Getbig IV

Butt fukin Betty

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »

Loyd is a dumb, filthy fuking degenerate piece of shit, as is anyone who promotes him in any way.
JAGO
Getbig III

Carrot Sticks & Squirrel Dicks

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »

I hear ya.

J
Joe Pietaro
Getbig II

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »

I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Everyone that I have spoken to who knows Bostin other than from his Internet posts all say the same thing and I concur - he's a completely different person and a good guy who is a home body, not some "Jersey Shore" type out there wreaking havoc partying in the clubs.

He and I have had 'serious' conversations, and by that I mean stuff that has nothing to do with this fucked up industry. Family-related stuff, etc. and Bostin is nothing like his online persona. 
Van_Bilderass
Getbig V

"Don't Try"

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »

Joe Pietaro, you goading Genova with "now you're banging all these young fitness chicks" was a dirty trick on your behalf. Cheesy You knew goddamn well he wasn't banging anything but you got Genova to make an utter fool of himself, again  Cheesy
Van_Bilderass
Getbig V

"Don't Try"

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »

Although Bostin is often idiotic I never felt disgust or dislike towards him. Some people are like that, for whatever reason.
pellius
Getbig V

RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »

To be so successful at such a young age doing what he wants to be doing on his own terms while his critics punch a time clock eeking out a living doing a job that they hate taking orders from a bald old fatman.
Evo
Getbig IV

you racku disapwin!

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2017, 03:46:28 AM »

To be so successful at such a young age doing what he wants to be doing on his own terms while his critics punch a time clock eeking out a living doing a job that they hate taking orders from a bald old fatman.

Successful? 

The guy probably lives in a bedsit, hand to mouth, pouring what ever spare funds he has into the nearest syringe in the hope of feeling adequate. 

He has never, nor will he ever, make any mark on a stage (probably quite high on his goal list).

Hardly setting the world on fire is he...
illuminati
Competitors II
Getbig V

The Strongest Shall Survive

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2017, 04:28:45 AM »

Successful? 

The guy probably lives in a bedsit, hand to mouth, pouring what ever spare funds he has into the nearest syringe in the hope of feeling adequate. 

He has never, nor will he ever, make any mark on a stage (probably quite high on his goal list).

He Probably makes some $ from his youtube & whatever he sells
its like saying That anonymous GayHoe15 is successful
Both To Me are twats & Scam Artists - Yet They Both have
Many Gullible souls taking in & Believing What they Say,
& Label them as Successful..  Roll Eyes

Yes very successful at Conning them.

Evo
Getbig IV

you racku disapwin!

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2017, 04:32:57 AM »

He Probably makes some $ from his youtube & whatever he sells
its like saying That anonymous GayHoe15 is successful
Both To Me are twats & Scam Artists - Yet They Both have
Many Gullible souls taking in & Believing What they Say,
& Label them as Successful..  Roll Eyes

Yes very successful at Conning them.

The problem with todays society...people are so desperate for the supposed secrets or short cuts, they gravitate to losers like BL, Dr T et al.

With the global fitness boom these twats are becoming more and more prevelant.

A toxic combination of social media granting instant 'celebrity', retards looking for a quick fix, and as you say, charlatans out there to capitalize.
pellius
Getbig V

RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2017, 01:33:09 AM »

Successful? 

You sure about that? I think you might want double check that claim. He has a ton of fans and is doing quite well. He bought a house at only 23 years of age when most here were still living off mommy and daddy at that age.
Joe Pietaro
Getbig II

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »

You sure about that? I think you might want double check that claim. He has a ton of fans and is doing quite well. He bought a house at only 23 years of age when most here were still living off mommy and daddy at that age.

Bostin has done quite well for himself and is a very different person away from what his Internet persona is.
Blockhead
Toms
Getbig V

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2017, 01:41:23 AM »

Muscle Sport Magazine.

Where are these rags sold? I don't think I've seen a muscle magazine
sold in a retail store in years.

For the record; I rather have Bostin on staff over some loser "pro" bodybuilder.

- Block!

?
Joe Pietaro
Getbig II

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

Muscle Sport Magazine.

Where are these rags sold? I don't think I've seen a muscle magazine
sold in a retail store in years.

For the record; I rather have Bostin on staff over some loser "pro" bodybuilder.

- Block!

Newsstand sales are a joke, with the publisher making mere pennies on the dollar and incurring high distribution and circulation costs. So I just do direct sales off the website (subscriptions and single issues) and focus on promoting the digital version.

And Bostin is way more interesting than a ghost written column "by" a pro; couldn't agree with you more.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!