Author Topic: Bostin Loyd Now With MuscleSport Mag  (Read 29774 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Bostin Loyd Now With MuscleSport Mag
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »
Joe, no need to defend yourself, I get your mag and actually like it, last of a dying breed.

(Remember "Peak Training Journal" and early "MM2K")? I think the characters could be better, a bit more normal (James Vest, Robby Robinson, a few modern dudes, a few good legends like Robby).
I like some of those guys from the Animal vids. (McGrath, etc.)

But, keep it going, you know more than I ever would about that industry.
times are different now, people (many at least) like the freaks. Older people like me like the Dan Duchaine era of hardcore. (And of course my favorite era, late 70's).
Your Mag still has a lot to offer.

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2017, 04:09:33 AM »
Bostin has no credibility, he is a circus act, having him as a writer is just desperate. I guess when you don't have any good content you go for this type of person.
I know, you don't

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
Joe, no need to defend yourself, I get your mag and actually like it, last of a dying breed.

(Remember "Peak Training Journal" and early "MM2K")? I think the characters could be better, a bit more normal (James Vest, Robby Robinson, a few modern dudes, a few good legends like Robby).

times are different now, people (many at least) like the freaks. Older people like me like the Dan Duchaine era of hardcore. (And of course my favorite era, late 70's).

Appreciate the kind words, bro. THX. When I first launched MSM in 2008, I had writers like Robby Robinson, Samir Bannout, John DeFendis, Ric Drasin, etc. and Bill Romanowski and Tony Mandarich from the NFL. That more mainstream approach didn't sell for shit and that's why I just kept the company as a side gig while I worked for places like FLEX and MD. But when I wanted to give it a shot full time in September 2014 (after Blechy fired me), I went in a completely different direction; one more rogue and edgy.

I was going to give it six solid months of hard work and if it didn't pay off, fold the tent and try to get another writing gig with someone else in bodybuilding or sports. But it's going on three-plus years and the company is making more money than ever before. So I'm sticking to what worked, basically.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

I've never met Bostin personally (I have met his dad in an earlier century) but I have corresponded with him and have seen some of his show-and-tell type videos over this here internet thing and I will definitely say that he is one of the most honest individuals I've ever had the opportunity to converse with inside and outside of the world of bodybuilding and the lifting of heavy things.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

I don't know if any GetBigger can dispute the honesty of Bostin Loyd even if the out-spoken subject of his honesty is contrary to any GetBigger's personal life-style.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Have I missed hearing something bad about Bostin that I have no knowledge of?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »
I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

I've never met Bostin personally (I have met his dad in an earlier century) but I have corresponded with him and have seen some of his show-and-tell type videos over this here internet thing and I will definitely say that he is one of the most honest individuals I've ever had the opportunity to converse with inside and outside of the world of bodybuilding and the lifting of heavy things.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

I don't know if any GetBigger can dispute the honesty of Bostin Loyd even if the out-spoken subject of his honesty is contrary to any GetBigger's personal life-style.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Perhaps you have mistaken hate for disgust?  Given that competitive bodybuilding is all about each doper's personal impersonation of Dead Pool undergoing stress tests to cause his mutant genes to activate, most people here that are honest are just plain disgusted with these guys.

The rest (the ones that think drugs are just fine and more drugs is even more fine ('n'sheit) are just schmoes in suspended fapination.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
Loyd is a dumb, filthy fuking degenerate piece of shit, as is anyone who promotes him in any way.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
I hear ya.

J

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2017, 07:05:35 AM »
I have a tough time disliking anyone (almost everyone) I 'meet' or read about  on the internet and simply think that a lot of this "hate" and "dislike" is a simple case of jealousy or just plain stupidity.

And believe me when I say that I have conversed intelligently with a vast number of heavy-lifters who have been mentioned on this here GetBig Board and a good number of their  responses were  less than honest ......  especially when responding publicly.

Many of us complain about the dishonesty of certain individuals when they deny the use or mis-use of roids  .... and hatred shortly follows, but why is an individual disliked or hated when that individual speaks with un-forked tongue and is more than willing to speak honestly about this own personal involvement with performance enhancing "stuff".

Everyone that I have spoken to who knows Bostin other than from his Internet posts all say the same thing and I concur - he's a completely different person and a good guy who is a home body, not some "Jersey Shore" type out there wreaking havoc partying in the clubs.

He and I have had 'serious' conversations, and by that I mean stuff that has nothing to do with this fucked up industry. Family-related stuff, etc. and Bostin is nothing like his online persona. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
Joe Pietaro, you goading Genova with "now you're banging all these young fitness chicks" was a dirty trick on your behalf. :D You knew goddamn well he wasn't banging anything but you got Genova to make an utter fool of himself, again  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
Although Bostin is often idiotic I never felt disgust or dislike towards him. Some people are like that, for whatever reason.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
To be so successful at such a young age doing what he wants to be doing on his own terms while his critics punch a time clock eeking out a living doing a job that they hate taking orders from a bald old fatman.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2017, 02:46:28 AM »
To be so successful at such a young age doing what he wants to be doing on his own terms while his critics punch a time clock eeking out a living doing a job that they hate taking orders from a bald old fatman.

Successful? 

The guy probably lives in a bedsit, hand to mouth, pouring what ever spare funds he has into the nearest syringe in the hope of feeling adequate. 

He has never, nor will he ever, make any mark on a stage (probably quite high on his goal list).

Hardly setting the world on fire is he...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »
Successful? 

The guy probably lives in a bedsit, hand to mouth, pouring what ever spare funds he has into the nearest syringe in the hope of feeling adequate. 

He has never, nor will he ever, make any mark on a stage (probably quite high on his goal list).

He Probably makes some $ from his youtube & whatever he sells
its like saying That anonymous GayHoe15 is successful
Both To Me are twats & Scam Artists - Yet They Both have
Many Gullible souls taking in & Believing What they Say,
& Label them as Successful..  ::)

Yes very successful at Conning them.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:57 AM »
He Probably makes some $ from his youtube & whatever he sells
its like saying That anonymous GayHoe15 is successful
Both To Me are twats & Scam Artists - Yet They Both have
Many Gullible souls taking in & Believing What they Say,
& Label them as Successful..  ::)

Yes very successful at Conning them.

The problem with todays society...people are so desperate for the supposed secrets or short cuts, they gravitate to losers like BL, Dr T et al.

With the global fitness boom these twats are becoming more and more prevelant.

A toxic combination of social media granting instant 'celebrity', retards looking for a quick fix, and as you say, charlatans out there to capitalize.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2017, 12:33:09 AM »
Successful? 

You sure about that? I think you might want double check that claim. He has a ton of fans and is doing quite well. He bought a house at only 23 years of age when most here were still living off mommy and daddy at that age.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »

You sure about that? I think you might want double check that claim. He has a ton of fans and is doing quite well. He bought a house at only 23 years of age when most here were still living off mommy and daddy at that age.

Bostin has done quite well for himself and is a very different person away from what his Internet persona is.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »
Muscle Sport Magazine.

Where are these rags sold? I don't think I've seen a muscle magazine
sold in a retail store in years.

For the record; I rather have Bostin on staff over some loser "pro" bodybuilder.

- Block!
?

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
Muscle Sport Magazine.

Where are these rags sold? I don't think I've seen a muscle magazine
sold in a retail store in years.

For the record; I rather have Bostin on staff over some loser "pro" bodybuilder.

- Block!

Newsstand sales are a joke, with the publisher making mere pennies on the dollar and incurring high distribution and circulation costs. So I just do direct sales off the website (subscriptions and single issues) and focus on promoting the digital version.

And Bostin is way more interesting than a ghost written column "by" a pro; couldn't agree with you more.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »

Oh a ton of fans.  How sucessfull, I'm sure they will all come to his aid when he's in need.  Interesting thing 'online fans', ever seen a so called 'click factory' in China?

And a house at 23?

Jezzzus holy christ, the man is my idol!

I owned my own gym and house at 23...not something I put on my CV like...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2017, 09:53:39 AM »

I was the managing editor of Peak Training Journal.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »
Oh a ton of fans.  How sucessfull, I'm sure they will all come to his aid when he's in need.  Interesting thing 'online fans', ever seen a so called 'click factory' in China?

And a house at 23?

Jezzzus holy christ, the man is my idol!

I owned my own gym and house at 23...not something I put on my CV like...

Well, if you own your own business and home at only 23 years old then you are an exception. Good for you. But even you know that you were in a small minority. That still doesn't take away from Bostin's achievements. Fact is, he has quite a following of paying clients. I know because I have an acquaintance that used his services and from what Bostin charges he's only need about 10 clients to make a decent living.

But I get it. You don't like him even though you've never met him and only go by his internet persona. I've never met him either and judging by his internet persona it's neither here nor there. Doesn't push any buttons for me. He has manage to make a living doing something he loves. That's an even greater achievement than what he owns or how much he makes.

Simple Simon

« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2017, 12:48:46 AM »
Well, if you own your own business and home at only 23 years old then you are an exception. Good for you. But even you know that you were in a small minority. That still doesn't take away from Bostin's achievements. Fact is, he has quite a following of paying clients. I know because I have an acquaintance that used his services and from what Bostin charges he's only need about 10 clients to make a decent living.

But I get it. You don't like him even though you've never met him and only go by his internet persona. I've never met him either and judging by his internet persona it's neither here nor there. Doesn't push any buttons for me. He has manage to make a living doing something he loves. That's an even greater achievement than what he owns or how much he makes.

you were taken in by gh15, you are hardly in a position to tell people how to judge character.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2017, 01:14:06 AM »
you were taken in by gh15, you are hardly in a position to tell people how to judge character.

lol! Coming from someone who is on every gh15 thread and accuses most everyone of being a Joon gimmick.

BTW Joon, where in any of my post did I comment on Bostin's character?

Simple Simon

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2017, 01:16:16 AM »
lol! Coming from someone who is on every gh15 thread and accuses most everyone of being a Joon gimmick.

BTW Joon, where in any of my post did I comment on Bostin's character?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2017, 01:18:05 AM »
^forget about tht.. he is also on gh15.. sitting there befriending jack.. he is a forum addict he like to just be there,, lol

by the way talking about baskin robins.. he is also on gh15.. infact a little bird told me he is becoming seo sponsor there if his application approved,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel