Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 56797 times)

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #800 on: June 17, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »
draft lebron in the west in 1988....  amd jordan doesn't have six titles.

Fantasy hypothetical scenarios don't matter. LeBron lost now and the factors surrounding it are in the nature of the game. It is what it is. He is still the biggest crybaby in the league. I do hope they make it to the finals year after year so that 2-4 consistently grows to 2-5, 2-6, etc etc.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #801 on: June 17, 2015, 09:38:03 AM »
Fantasy hypothetical scenarios don't matter. LeBron lost now and the factors surrounding it are in the nature of the game. It is what it is. He is still the biggest crybaby in the league. I do hope they make it to the finals year after year so that 2-4 consistently grows to 2-5, 2-6, etc etc. 

lbj is a major crybaby, yes.

but next year, with love AND irving, they probably win it.  They got 2 games on one of the best teams ever in golden state, with the best shooter EVER maybe in Curry.   If Irving is shooting lights out 2 of these games, and love doing his thing... they win it next year if healthy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »
draft lebron in the west in 1988....  amd jordan doesn't have six titles.

Take notice Getbiggers.  When reality is no longer flattering to him, Lebron fans will turn to fictional scenarios instead.  I don't know of any player who gets credit for imaginary shit like Lebron does.  He also gets a lot of credit for stuff he almost did rather than what he actually did.  I don't understand this phenomenon.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #803 on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:22 AM »
See you next year NBA threads.  The Spurs will return 8)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #804 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »
Great year with a rookie coach that isnt phil jackson or a role player like shaq or pippen

Still with 3 nba losses , not Mount NBA Rushmore material anymore

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #805 on: June 17, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
Take notice Getbiggers.  When reality is no longer flattering to him, Lebron fans will turn to fictional scenarios instead.  I don't know of any player who gets credit for imaginary shit like Lebron does.  He also gets a lot of credit for stuff he almost did rather than what he actually did.  I don't understand this phenomenon.

x2

It's kind of similar to what homer Celtics fans do when trying to argue that Larry Bird is a Top 5 all-time great.

Also:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/insider/story/_/id/13000418/nba-finals-where-golden-state-warriors-rank-50-greatest-nba-teams

Quote from: Concerning the Bulls 1996 72-10 team
leaguewide quality of play still rated 4.6 percent better [in 1995-96] than this season.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #806 on: June 17, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
Typical year.  Best team won, Lebron loses and looks for excuses, Clippers choke, Harden is a joke, Raptors and Wizards fall in the middle.  Next year will prove to be more of the same.  Spurs can bounce right back in it if the rumors about them chasing Aldridge is true.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #807 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
Thank gawd it's finally over
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #808 on: June 17, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »
I felt bad for Klay Thompson for fouling out with 6 minutes left.  Riding the bench while your team runs out the clock.  After his 5th, Kerr should have pulled him and put him back in with a minute left.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #809 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
Thank gawd it's finally over

lol.  Typical woman.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #810 on: June 17, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »
lol.  Typical woman.

I just want my remote back.
:

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #811 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: June 17, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »

LEt s be honnest, he s an uterly dominant, complete, great player, he just needed more help just like in the past when he lost in finals, and that's about it.  Most people are hating on him just for the sake of hating.
I don't think anyone is denying how good he is. Just he is being compared to Jordan and he just isn't and his antics/immaturity are pretty dumb a lot of the time. It is the over the top stuff/loving on him that is the issue. Especially nowadays when he essentially can do no wrong in the media eyes. Gets annoying.
I'm sorry but he had the help in Miami and still didn't produce as much as expected. It is what it is.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #813 on: June 17, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »
See you next year NBA threads.  The Spurs will return 8)

Why are they getting Aldridge and M Gasol?

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #814 on: June 17, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
The end all be all should be that Lebron was being asked to do something unspeakable this series. It wasn't possible. There is no other player in the league you could swap for Lebron that would have made that game even 5 game series forget about a 6 and that's INCLUDING Curry himself!!  :-X!! You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.. ALL D league players and 2 of their top 5 cavs players were getting big minutes on a knicks team that couldn't win 18 games in the east... You have 3 stars on the opposing times 1 of which is a superstar and then you have another former star who came out of his shell and won finals MVP and you also have complementary bigs like bogut and lee who's hay-days are behind them but clearly have some left in the tank.. GSW reminds of a fantasy team you make in 2k...Unrealistic..this team can't stay together for much longer as the contracts will be more demanding Green will probably get a max from some team even though he doesn't deserve it..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #815 on: June 17, 2015, 12:26:39 PM »
The end all be all should be that Lebron was being asked to do something unspeakable this series. It wasn't possible. There is no other player in the league you could swap for Lebron that would have made that game even 5 game series forget about a 6 and that's INCLUDING Curry himself!!  :-X!! You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.. ALL D league players and 2 of their top 5 cavs players were getting big minutes on a knicks team that couldn't win 18 games in the east... You have 3 stars on the opposing times 1 of which is a superstar and then you have another former star who came out of his shell and won finals MVP and you also have complementary bigs like bogut and lee who's hay-days are behind them but clearly have some left in the tank.. GSW reminds of a fantasy team you make in 2k...Unrealistic..this team can't stay together for much longer as the contracts will be more demanding Green will probably get a max from some team even though he doesn't deserve it..

Such a dumb statement.  You could swap Durant for Curry and Warriors win, but that means shit.  Fact is the Warriors played like a team and didn't need one person to hog the ball 60% of the time to win.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #816 on: June 17, 2015, 12:32:00 PM »
Such a dumb statement.  You could swap Durant for Curry and Warriors win, but that means shit.  Fact is the Warriors played like a team and didn't need one person to hog the ball 60% of the time to win.

hmm how can you play like a team with undrafted delli being matchup up with the NBA MVP?? Or bench player who is primarily a defender Shumpert starting at the 2?? Or what about tristan thompson primarily a rebounder being matchup against 6th man of year candidate? you know what's even a dumber statement? saying someone who averaged 9 assists a game during a series a ballhog.. you think lebron is a ballhog? Lebron is one of the last people i'd call a ballhog..If he doesn't take as many shots as he did, the series ends in 4 games..they have no time to get all of those scrubs shots..Less shots lebron takes more shots they take more it becomes a non-playoff team vs. a championship calibur team..Lebron was the X factor here and YOU AND I know it..nothing dumber than someone trying to blame someone who averages 36 13 and 9 in a series for the loss of the eam cuz "too many shots"...did you happen to look at the other players FG% throughout the series?? Or the series at all for that matter?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #817 on: June 17, 2015, 12:35:41 PM »
hmm how can you play like a team with undrafted delli being matchup up with the NBA MVP?? Or bench player who is primarily a defender Shumpert starting at the 2?? Or what about tristan thompson primarily a rebounder being matchup against 6th man of year candidate? you know what's even a dumber statement? saying someone who averaged 9 assists a game during a series a ballhog.. you think lebron is a ballhog? Lebron is one of the last people i'd call a ballhog..If he doesn't take as many shots as he did, the series ends in 4 games..they have no time to get all of those scrubs shots..Less shots lebron takes more shots they take more it becomes a non-playoff team vs. a championship calibur team..Lebron was the X factor here and YOU AND I know it..nothing dumber than someone trying to blame someone who averages 36 13 and 9 in a series for the loss of the eam cuz "too many shots"...did you happen to look at the other players FG% throughout the series?? Or the series at all for that matter?

Delaschmova should have went back to the bench in game 4.  he was a liability yesterday.  Horrible ball handler, turning it over, causing fouls.  he was a waste of space as a starter.  he was more effective coming off the bench.  Blatt got caught in the hysteria after he had a good game but the Warriors quickly caught on but Blatt didn't adjust.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #818 on: June 17, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »
There is no other player in the league you could swap for Lebron that would have made that game even 5 game series forget about a 6 and that's INCLUDING Curry himself!!  :-X!! You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.

Yet more desperate arguments giving LeBron credit for hypothetical achievements in fantasy scenarios.

Did Bulls homers do this in the late '80s / early '90s when the Pistons were kicking Jordan's ass every year?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #819 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »

Here we go again.  Just like I said in my earlier post.  Things don't go well in the Finals so now we are talking about swapping players out and all types of fantasy, what if, type of shit.

Lebron's legacy is built around excuses, what he hypothetically could have done, what other players supposedly couldn't have done, and what he almost did.  This is fucking pathetic and I don't get it.  

I'm a Laker fan and when I talk about guys like Magic or Kareem, or Kobe, I speak in terms of reality.  What they actually did and actually accomplished in the real world.  Every once in a while it's fun to speculate but don't use fictional shit as an argument for how great of a player Lebron is.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #820 on: June 17, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »
I'm a Laker fan and when I talk about guys like Magic or Kareem, or Kobe, I speak in terms of reality.  What they actually did and actually accomplished in the real world.  Every once in a while it's fun to speculate but don't use fictional shit as an argument for how great of a player Lebron is.

Exactly

Like when the Lakers lost to Celtics in 2008 I don't recall Lakers fans being like "Well Bynum was hurt if he played we would have won" or "If you swap Kobe and anyone on the Celtics it would have been a sweep"  Who gives a fuck ???  Meaningless drivel.

Or like that Lakers all-star team in 2004 or so, the one with Payton and Malone that everyone thought would win 73 games (and probably should have), there's an "oral history" (no homo) of that season somewhere on Grantland.com I think and all the Lakers players are like "Yeah they [Detroit] just bent us over in the Finals, they were the better team", no excuses.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: June 17, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »
Hypothetically, in the hypothetical situation we would have to hypothesize that the cavs would either still have to play great defense or the warriors would have to play poorly (both of which lebron didnt have much part of) for most of the series as well to make it a true hypothetical comparison. I would then hypothesis that Durant, etc. would make up for a few less assists by shooting markedly better with his 38ish shots a game causing the same outcome.....

Or we could hypothetically place Westbrook in lebrons position by pointing out his very factual streak of triple doubles/40 to 50 point games he had this season and come up with the same hypothetical outcome of lebrons (another)FACTUAL finals loss...

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #822 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »
Here we go again.  Just like I said in my earlier post.  Things don't go well in the Finals so now we are talking about swapping players out and all types of fantasy, what if, type of shit.

Lebron's legacy is built around excuses, what he hypothetically could have done, what other players supposedly couldn't have done, and what he almost did.  This is fucking pathetic and I don't get it.  

No excuses i'm not trying to make hypothetical scenarios what i'm trying to do is get the message across that Lebron was asked to do an impossible task that team had no business being in those finals and you and i both know Lebron James was the only factor in them not getting swept and making it a decent series... I for one do not care for either team so i'm not being biased i'm just telling you the reality there is no fictional shit in 36-13-9 average in the finals.. Please look to the below FELLAS

Without LeBron James on the floor this series.    <-------
JR Smith  0/9 FG
Delly        0/7 FG
J. Jones   0/3 FG
Shumpert 0/2 FG
Total       0/21 FG

Do you know what this is called? This is called mannequins  ;D

There were multiple quarters where all shots created or scored were by Lebron for the cavs and the rest took JUST AS MANY SHOTS but DID NOT make ANY....This man was fucked from the jump this series and set up to lose..Maybe some say karma? who knows? I just know that GSW didn't play a healthy PG all playoffs and avoided OKC, Clips, Spurs, all of which whos PG's were injured for Curry to strive in the playoffs...I may not like anyone too much in this series but it's evident that Warriors should have won much more easily than they did..only one factor stopped that...I don't have to say anymore

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #823 on: June 18, 2015, 03:33:00 AM »

No excuses i'm not trying to make hypothetical scenarios

Dude, when you say "You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.." That is a hypothetical scenario.

Hope this helps.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #824 on: June 18, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
Dude, when you say "You swap Lebron and curry in this series ... 4 GAME SWEEP WARRIORS WIN.." That is a hypothetical scenario.

Hope this helps.

yep and it's baseless bullshit.  If Curry took 35 shots in a game he probably would have hit 50% which means 40-50 points.  No fact can prove that the Cavs would have been swept with Curry.  Iverson willed the sixers to one win.  Curry alone  could have done the same.