Author Topic: Is Costco worth the membership price?  (Read 8546 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Is Costco worth the membership price?
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »
OK that made sense. Being an European myself, I've never been in any of those stores, but I'm not a stranger to peopleofwalmart.com :D

Haha I figured. Yeah, it's a whole different ballgame in the states. I cringed walking into Walmart. Like Ritch said, shit kids whining and running around while their trashy fat ass mom is doing the shopping. The meats and produce at Costco are superior. Walmart beef is pretty gross. You wonder what grade it is but on the package it says product of United States, Mexico, Brazil, and rattles off a few more countries. A lot of their vegetables are from Mexico as well. Costco seems a lot more American in these areas.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2015, 06:12:03 AM »
Haha I figured. Yeah, it's a whole different ballgame in the states. I cringed walking into Walmart. Like Ritch said, shit kids whining and running around while their trashy fat ass mom is doing the shopping. The meats and produce at Costco are superior. Walmart beef is pretty gross. You wonder what grade it is but on the package it says product of United States, Mexico, Brazil, and rattles off a few more countries. A lot of their vegetables are from Mexico as well. Costco seems a lot more American in these areas.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wal-mart-brings-higher-quality-beef-to-us-stores-2011-11-08
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2015, 06:52:16 AM »

Get over the kids shit.  Costco customers aren't  saints themselves.  They are rude fuckers that are mostly Asian and Indian.  They clog up the aisles to get a free sample and don't have any consideration at moving their carts.  They act like they have the right to do what they want in the store.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2015, 06:55:31 AM »
OK that made sense. Being an European myself, I've never been in any of those stores, but I'm not a stranger to peopleofwalmart.com :D

In Europe, retailing is different in that “Loss Leaders” are illegal.  This means the chain can’t cut the prices of items to less than the wholesale cost.

The exception...The January clearance sales.  Literally just once a year.  This gives the US a rich répertoire of British television comedy to watch on Saturday night.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2015, 09:05:38 AM »
Get over the kids shit.  Costco customers aren't  saints themselves.  They are rude fuckers that are mostly Asian and Indian.  They clog up the aisles to get a free sample and don't have any consideration at moving their carts.  They act like they have the right to do what they want in the store.

Guess it varies. I'm in Boca Raton so replace the brown people with old white people who get in my fucking way. I only go right before they close or first thing in the morning to avoid most of them.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »

There are a few key area's to stay out of. The displays of samples is one of them. Ever notice how everyone, like a group of fish often to the same way as soon as they get it?

What I really like at costco is... No music. Especially during the holidays. But they have this dumb ass with a mic and music now when someone donates over $20 to "enfants soleil" they play "Celebration" and the guy is all "Whhoooo" on the mic and gets on my fuckin' nerves hardcore. I hope they knock that shit off soon.
?

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »
There are a few key area's to stay out of. The displays of samples is one of them. Ever notice how everyone, like a group of fish often to the same way as soon as they get it?

What I really like at costco is... No music. Especially during the holidays. But they have this dumb ass with a mic and music now when someone donates over $20 to "enfants soleil" they play "Celebration" and the guy is all "Whhoooo" on the mic and gets on my fuckin' nerves hardcore. I hope they knock that shit off soon.

Oh man, old people+free samples=disaster

They have the worse sense of their surroundings, and it seems they almost purposely get in the way

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2015, 10:55:03 AM »
Not retarded at all. It helps keep the riffraff out. If they didn't do that, it would look more like a Walmart. The difference between customer demogrpahics are night and day.

This is were the executive membership comes in handy, you get to shop before the non-executive members are allowed in. Makes the store even less crowded.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »
This is were the executive membership comes in handy, you get to shop before the non-executive members are allowed in. Makes the store even less crowded.

Which fucking Costco is this?  Not any in Cali.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »

good if you like to get up at 5am, lol... Never heard of that one though...
?

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »

That'd be sweet, but I'm pretty sure mine no longer does that

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »
My mistake. Early shopping for executive members ended in 2008. Since I don't shop early anyway, I didn't notice the change. I have noticed that some stores routinely have more checkouts open then others. Of the two stores nearest me,  one more often than not has short checkout lines, despite the store being crowded. The other store always has long checkout lines. Each store also carries different products based on the demographics.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Best Costco hands down is the one in Kauai, Hawaii.  Fucking amazing.  They had THE best pineapple at killer prices.  Wayyy cheaper than anywhere on the island.  I went to the Kauai coffee plantation and rum plantation and the people there told me to buy it from Costco because it's cheaper and they were right.  The Coffee was almost 1/2 the price and the rum was about $10 cheaper. Crazy how Costco can be the factory price.  They have tuna poke and sashimi for $20 that would make GH15 envy.  It is always crazy busy because of visitors stocking up, but the prices are spot on with the mainland Costco.  Leave it to Costco to be the place to buy all your Hawaiian goods while actually being in Hawaii.