Author Topic: lebron is a better athlete than Michael Jordan  (Read 18930 times)

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
Re: lebron is a better athlete than Michael Jordan
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »
If LeBrick had played against the Piston's Bad Boys teams he would have ended up in the fetal position under the basket crying.
All it takes is one hard foul and he's mentally done for the game. He doesn't like physical play and he's also terrified of having to make crucial free throws at the end of games.  Jordan had the mental strength of 1,000 LeBrons.
Why teams don't hard foul him the first time he drives to the basket is beyond me. Have a scrub player do it and take the technical foul or suspension, whatever. 
That finals series against Dallas alone keeps LeBron from ever seriously being considered the best player ever. 
x2. Man v child

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 05:30:49 AM »
If LeBrick had played against the Piston's Bad Boys teams he would have ended up in the fetal position under the basket crying.
All it takes is one hard foul and he's mentally done for the game. He doesn't like physical play and he's also terrified of having to make crucial free throws at the end of games.  Jordan had the mental strength of 1,000 LeBrons.
Why teams don't hard foul him the first time he drives to the basket is beyond me. Have a scrub player do it and take the technical foul or suspension, whatever.  
That finals series against Dallas alone keeps LeBron from ever seriously being considered the best player ever.  

This.  Jordan is the most mentally driven athlete I have ever seen.  A machine.  He'd average 50 a game with today's rules.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »
This.  Jordan is the most mentally driven athlete I have ever seen.  A machine.  He'd average 50 a game with today's rules.

Could you imagine how big Jordan would be in today's internet world? Good lord, he'd be earning 3 times more than the next highest paid athlete worldwide.Like you said the lack of hand checking, or even being able to touch your defender today he'd be owning the league, not that he didn't own it then, people forget he was bigger than the NBA itself when he played.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2015, 10:03:54 AM »
Could you imagine how big Jordan would be in today's internet world? Good lord, he'd be earning 3 times more than the next highest paid athlete worldwide.Like you said the lack of hand checking, or even being able to touch your defender today he'd be owning the league, not that he didn't own it then, people forget he was bigger than the NBA itself when he played.

Even retired Jordan still makes more per year from endorsements than the majority of players.  I even seen Lebron wearing Air Jordan gear.  I guarantee you'd never see Jordan wearing Lebron gear.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 01:03:25 PM »
All time great, one of the best ever but not the GOAT.

No one has won without Hall of Famers, except for the Billups/Wallace Piston team and maybe Dirk.

LeBron  lost with the 3rd best shooting guard of all time as his wing man. There's no question he has carried some mediocre teams, and made journeymen household names but down playing Jordans accomplishments to further LeBron 's legacy is a sad troll attempt Earl.

all i said was jordan is the best for now but lebron can pass him, why is that trolling?  why is jordan above criticism but lebron gets criticized for everything?

if he didn't leave cleveland kyrie would not be playing for the cavs

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
I think a better comparison would be Kobe and LeBron....

Kobe has 5 rings to LeBron's 2.

Kobe was a bad man, everyone is a prisoner to the moment talking about LeBron now.

kobe missed the playoffs with teams similar to the one lebron took to the finals in 07

those first 3 titles were shaq's teams

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
What has LeBron done without the Heat ???

Took the Cavs to the Finals twice and lost (about to get massacred by GSW, watch and see), big deal.

He has four more championships to win before this is even a conversation.

taking two bad teams to the finals is more impressive than winning titles with an all star team

and that spurs team in 07 is far superior to any team jordan's bulls beat in the 90's

lebron would have at least 6 titles if he had teammates like jordan had, and if titles matter that much to you why aren't you talking about robert horry?  who has the most titles should not be a factor because it takes great TEAMS to win multiple titles

E
E

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
Why does Tim Duncan get left out of these convos?  5 championships, 15 seasons of 50+ wins.  The guy turned that franchise around.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2015, 01:11:26 PM »
Why does Tim Duncan get left out of these convos?  5 championships, 15 seasons of 50+ wins.  The guy turned that franchise around.

too nice and quiet, too tall and not flashy with his amazing fundamentals

top 10 player ever for sure

E
E

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
taking two bad teams to the finals is more impressive than winning titles with an all star team

No it's not.  LeBron's had the easiest path to the Finals of any superstar ever.  The East has been a complete joke for his entire career.  This is why he jumped ship to Miami (had to join a team with the cap room for three max players to compete in the Finals) then jumped again when it was clear Miami couldn't hack it anymore.

and that spurs team in 07 is far superior to any team jordan's bulls beat in the 90's

Here is the list of hall of famers who Jordan knocked out of the playoffs or conference Finals:
- Patrick Ewing
- Magic Johnson
- James Worthy
- Clyde Drexler
- Charles Barkley
- Shaq
- Gary Payton
- Alonzo Mourning
- Karl Malone
- John Stockton
Could be more, that's off the top of my head.  Let's see LeBron's list.

lebron would have at least 6 titles if he had teammates like jordan had, and if titles matter that much to you why aren't you talking about robert horry?  who has the most titles should not be a factor because it takes great TEAMS to win multiple titles

E

"Would have could have" blah blah blah, enjoy basketball fantasy "E" but we deal with reality here, and the reality is that LeBron is about to be 2-4 in the Finals where Jordan was 6-0 and had to play a lot tougher competition to even get there.  The point is not counting titles you simpleton, the point is how many times did they lead a team to victory in the Finals (Robert Horry did it zero times).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »

lebron would have at least 6 titles if he had teammates like jordan had, and if titles matter that much to you why aren't you talking about robert horry?  who has the most titles should not be a factor because it takes great TEAMS to win multiple titles

E

Yes because Lebron did it on his own winning two with Wade and Bosh.  lol.  Lebron only won 2 championships because of his fabricated team

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
Dwight Howard is amazing. Remember how he carried that magic team to the finals in the super strong eastern conference?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2015, 02:44:22 PM »
Also, that was the most embarrassing finals I have seen with a player some consider the "greatest" last year. They got smoked terribly. That basically knocked him down to ever even come close to Jordan as well. It was laughable.
Don't know of any other player that would allow that of his caliber.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »
No it's not.  LeBron's had the easiest path to the Finals of any superstar ever.  The East has been a complete joke for his entire career.  This is why he jumped ship to Miami (had to join a team with the cap room for three max players to compete in the Finals) then jumped again when it was clear Miami couldn't hack it anymore.

Here is the list of hall of famers who Jordan knocked out of the playoffs or conference Finals:
- Patrick Ewing
- Magic Johnson
- James Worthy
- Clyde Drexler
- Charles Barkley
- Shaq
- Gary Payton
- Alonzo Mourning
- Karl Malone
- John Stockton
Could be more, that's off the top of my head.  Let's see LeBron's list.

"Would have could have" blah blah blah, enjoy basketball fantasy "E" but we deal with reality here, and the reality is that LeBron is about to be 2-4 in the Finals where Jordan was 6-0 and had to play a lot tougher competition to even get there.  The point is not counting titles you simpleton, the point is how many times did they lead a team to victory in the Finals (Robert Horry did it zero times).

here's lebron's list

tim duncan
tony parker
manu ginobli

kevin durant
russel westbrook
james harden

paul pierce
kevin garnett
ray allen

the pistons team that had 4 all stars, ben and rasheed wallace, chauncey billups, and rip hamilton with a bunch of jobbers on lebron's cavs team

your list is guys that weren't on the same team, old, or not yet in their prime like shaq, in fact i think shaq's magic beat jordan's bulls when he made his comeback, which saved jordan from a beatdown from the rockets which would've crushed the precious "undefeated in title series" argument

aside from the mavericks every team lebron faced in the finals would beat the teams jordan's bulls beat

notice how miami is worthless without lebron?  any team he plays for makes the finals

you people love to shit on him because he wasn't given an all star team like jordan, kobe or magic

i repeat kyrie irving is not a cav if lebron stayed in cleveland, though i think lebron proved he didn't need him to make the finals ;D

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »
Yes because Lebron did it on his own winning two with Wade and Bosh.  lol.  Lebron only won 2 championships because of his fabricated team

fabricated?  you say that like it's his fault the cavs couldn't draft better players

lets not forget the facts

cleveland - lottey team when lebron doesn't play for them

miami - lottey team when lebron doesn't play for them

why don't you guys stop and appreciate greatness rather than dwell on the past and look for ways to diminish his enormous accomplishments?

we are all a witness...

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »
Also, that was the most embarrassing finals I have seen with a player some consider the "greatest" last year. They got smoked terribly. That basically knocked him down to ever even come close to Jordan as well. It was laughable.
Don't know of any other player that would allow that of his caliber.

yeah too bad lebron wasn't playing against charles barkley and a bunch of jobbers, or clyde drexler and a bunch of jobbers

E
E

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »
Pete Maravich = GOAT..  If they had a three point line in his day he would have averaged well over 50... Some cat with way too much time on his hands broke down every film and superimposed the line...  Shaq is my fave though - we were friends in college and hung around some. He is one funny ass dude and cool as hell...

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2015, 05:42:54 PM »

fabricated?  you say that like it's his fault the cavs couldn't draft better players

lets not forget the facts

cleveland - lottey team when lebron doesn't play for them

miami - lottey team when lebron doesn't play for them

why don't you guys stop and appreciate greatness rather than dwell on the past and look for ways to diminish his enormous accomplishments?

we are all a witness...

E

all i said was jordan is the best for now but lebron can pass him, why is that trolling?  why is jordan above criticism but lebron gets criticized for everything?

if he didn't leave cleveland kyrie would not be playing for the cavs

E

Earl maybe I misunderstood your initial post, I agreed with you that LeBron is an all time great, I thought it was too soon to label him the best ever though.

Jordan isn't above criticism, he was routinely bashed as a shoot first ball hog who couldn't win, it took him awhile to learn how to win, for his teammates to mature and to get over his competition in the east Birds Celtic's and Thomas and the rest of the Bad Boys, both championship winners. For his first title Jordan was matched up against 5 time champion Magic Johnson and the Lakers.

Jordan didn't draft Pippen and Grant,  nor did he draft Stacey King trade Oakley for Winnington or a host of other dumb moves by Krause. He made those guys the best they could be, Scottie wasn't the same after Chicago ended the dynasty (although he was terrific the time Jordan was away).

LeBron also took teams to greatness but he knew when to leave when they weren't going to get better, ala Cleveland after the decision and Miami this year. To that I say good for him, he should maximize his career opportunities. I respect him more for taking control of the Cavs roster in his return.

Very special talent and we're lucky to be watching him play.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
scottie took the bulls to game 7 of the east finals, without jordan

E
E

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
Both Jordan and Lebron were/is absolutely outstanding. All around there are some incredible athletes in the NBA right now. Maybe the best ever. Thats coming from a guy that 80's - early 90's were my "yute years"

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »

E

True and the starting two guard on that team was Craig Hodges.

Dwayne Wade destroyed a better Mavericks team, with Shaq as his running mate, then the team he and LeBron lost to.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
here's lebron's list

tim duncan
tony parker
manu ginobli

kevin durant
russel westbrook
james harden

paul pierce
kevin garnett
ray allen

E
I don't think you are reading your own arguments. You wrote that all of Jordan's (that he beat) hall of famers were past their prime, etc. then post this list. Makes no sense.
Spurs grouping all three were past their prime last year and beat him like a drum. Only times he beat the Celtic grouping were when they were all past their prime, thunder grouping they were all before their prime (harden and Westbrook were nowhere near the players they are now).

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2015, 06:23:24 PM »
yeah too bad lebron wasn't playing against charles barkley and a bunch of jobbers, or clyde drexler and a bunch of jobbers

E
Yep, there is no answer that you can make as to how bad that was....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2015, 06:45:34 PM »

E

No he didn't retard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_NBA_season#Playoffs

Re: your joke of a list, the only time LeBron has faced a hall-of-famer in their prime as an opponent was Tim Duncan 2007 and he got his ass kicked.  Paul Pierce James Harden Manu Ginobili and Russell Westbrook lol, yeah those guys are on the same level as Magic Johnson, Karl Malone and fucking Shaq.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
No he didn't retard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_NBA_season#Playoffs

Re: your joke of a list, the only time LeBron has faced a hall-of-famer in their prime as an opponent was Tim Duncan 2007 and he got his ass kicked.  Paul Pierce James Harden Manu Ginobili and Russell Westbrook lol, yeah those guys are on the same level as Magic Johnson, Karl Malone and fucking Shaq.

Wesbrook wasn't even westbrook yet when the Heat beat them in the finals.  It wasn't until late last season and this year that he broke out.  he was good but not great yet.