Author Topic: I've been retired for one month- 58  (Read 8932 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
I've been retired for one month- 58
« on: June 11, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
after 33 years at my job, i retired last month. and i have to say its pretty good not working anymore. no more working graveyard shifts, no more 12 hour days, no more 60 hour weeks.
i was a refrigeration mechanic, retired at 58. pension payments start July 1. now I'm getting at least 8 hours of sleep, going to one gym at 6 am to walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. come home,
read the paper, check CNN, check the internet. eat breakfast, work around the house. back at the gym at 2 pm for my main workout.

the main thing for me is now I'm able to time all of my meals to the minute. I'm almost eating like a pro bodybuilder, but not as much food.
strength is going Thur the roof. probably because of the good sleep.

just have to wait 4 years for social security to kick in.

see you in the gym :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: I've been retired for one month- 58
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
after 33 years at my job, i retired last month. and i have to say its pretty good not working anymore. no more working graveyard shifts, no more 12 hour days, no more 60 hour weeks.
i was a refrigeration mechanic, retired at 58. pension payments start July 1. now I'm getting at least 8 hours of sleep, going to one gym at 6 am to walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. come home, read the paper, check CNN, check the internet. eat breakfast, work around the house. back at the gym at 2 pm for my main workout.

the main thing for me is now I'm able to time all of my meals to the minute. I'm almost eating like a pro bodybuilder, but not as much food.

Why do you go to the gym just to walk?
Why cant you just go for a walk in the fresh air?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:18:48 AM »
Congrats!

Refreshing to see folks happy and healthy.

God bless!

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 03:24:47 AM »
i was a refrigeration mechanic, retired at 58. pension payments start July 1. now I'm getting at least 8 hours of sleep, going to one gym at 6 am to walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. come home,
read the paper, check CNN, check the internet. eat breakfast, work around the house. back at the gym at 2 pm for my main workout.

That's great that at 58 all your thoughts are about treadmill, food and gym. Living the life to the fullest.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 03:29:51 AM »
How many lonely housewives have you banged during your career as a mechanic?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 03:39:01 AM »
Generally a "Refrigeration Mechanic" works on industrial equipment.  Although it is sooo kinky to take a woman to an industrial site to fuck.  Keep your hardhat and boots on.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 03:45:53 AM »

Congratulations!  Perhaps you will grant us all a boon by answering a few questions:

• Looking back, what were you big mistakes between the ages of 15 and 25? 
• What would you differently between the ages of 25 and 35?
• Knowing what you know now, what better choices could you have made between 35 and 45?

Overall what has been your biggest success?  And your biggest regret?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 04:03:47 AM »

american thing

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 05:25:15 AM »
american thing

There are no treadmills outside the US?
Y

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »

Because with a treadmill or a stationary bicycle you can lose yourself in thought with music, or a television episode, or hell, even old Warner Brothers Cartoons.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 07:07:07 AM »
I've been retired for 4 years. Truth be told I had better workouts when I was working. I just made everything so focused to come home from work and know you had a very limited window to get that workout in. Now I'm lying in bed saying to myself get that leg workout in. Maybe another half hour on get big.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
A crazy republican thinks people should not retire. That people should work their whole lives. His evidence for this? The bible says nothing about retirement and Noah worked throughout his whole life, up until the age of 600 lol. Another delusional republican who looks toward the bible for political advice lol.

Noah From The Bible Didn't Retire, So This Likely GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Doesn't See Why You Should

WASHINGTON -- Greg Gianforte, a multi-millionaire tech entrepreneur who is "seriously considering" challenging Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) in 2016, doesn't believe he has to divorce his Christian faith from his professional life.

The potential candidate started the software company RightNow Technologies in 1997 and sold the firm to Oracle for $1.5 billion in 2011. Now, he's traveling around the state promoting his Better Montana Jobs initiative, which includes a focus on telecommuting as a means to attract college graduates to Montana.

As he gears up for a potential race against Bullock, Gianforte's support for socially conservative policies has drawn scrutiny to his record.

In a February talk at the Montana Bible College about how to find "godly purpose" in work, Gianforte explained why retirement isn't consistent with biblical teachings.

"There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today," he said. "Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach.' It doesn't say that anywhere."

"The example I think of is Noah," he continued. "How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical."

Mitch Staley, a spokesman for Better Montana Jobs, wrote in an email to The Huffington Post that Gianforte was speaking "to the idea that we should all be good stewards of the unique gifts and talents we each have been given."

"Greg believes in the virtue and nobility of work, and that each individual can serve others using their given skills, no matter their age or stage in life," he added.

Through his family's foundation, Gianforte has also supported a Montana creation museum that calls itself the "largest dinosaur and fossil museum in the United States to present its fossils in the context of biblical creation." The museum promotes the belief that dinosaurs and people lived on Earth together before the biblical flood and that the planet is 6,000 years old.

Gianforte has also heavily contributed to the conservative Montana Family Foundation nonprofit, which is chaired by his wife, Susan Gianforte. The foundation opposes same-sex marriage and abortion.

As the National Journal reported, Gianforte personally lobbied against a citywide LGBT nondiscrimination ordinance that was being debated in Bozeman, Montana, in 2014.

"Homosexual advocates try to argue that businesses are leery of locating in towns that aren't friendly to homosexuals. I believe the opposite is truer," Gianforte wrote in an email to Bozeman Mayor Jeff Krauss and Bozeman city council members.

The city passed a nondiscrimination ordinance against Gianforte's objections in June of 2014.

Audio of Gianforte's speech at the Montana Bible College was taken offline after this article's publication. The link to the recording has been removed.
X

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 11:49:05 AM »

Congrats, you deserve it. Enjoy.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 01:00:50 PM »
Most have never worked a day in their life here so many can relate to your new lifestyle!
?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
You should replace CNN with more Getbig time.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 02:05:43 PM »
Congrats on the retirement and pension!

The push to convince people to work longer is due to social security being on a course to be all gone in a few years. People are living longer and longer, and governments and corporations are having more and more difficulty with social security and pensions.

I don't expect to get a dime from social security, much less for it to support me in old age. If I get a few bucks from it in 25 years, great. If not, great. I've taken care of retirement already myself.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
Congrats on the retirement and pension!

The push to convince people to work longer is due to social security being on a course to be all gone in a few years. People are living longer and longer, and governments and corporations are having more and more difficulty with social security and pensions.

I don't expect to get a dime from social security, much less for it to support me in old age. If I get a few bucks from it in 25 years, great. If not, great. I've taken care of retirement already myself.
Why are you telling us this?  ???

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 12:20:19 AM »
what took you so long? most bodybuilders retire before 40

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 03:58:17 AM »
Jay Cutler just lost one of his private doctors  :(

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 06:12:35 AM »
It's must feel great.  I'm 49 and just did the exact opposite.  I haven't worked a real 9/5 job in 4 years... loved all the free time, but I got bored quickly.  I just went back to work at the upper management level.  Great money, but now my free time is constricted.  About 10 more years and I can retire for good.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »
It's must feel great.  I'm 49 and just did the exact opposite.  I haven't worked a real 9/5 job in 4 years... loved all the free time, but I got bored quickly.  I just went back to work at the upper management level.  Great money, but now my free time is constricted.  About 10 more years and I can retire for good.

I plan to retire at 60, unless something pisses me off before then that makes me decide to throw in the towel earlier. This all assumes I continue to be healthy and live to 60 - my Dad didn't quite make it, unfortunately.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »

Congrats, enjoy it, you earned it.
I'm not too far behind you.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »
You should replace CNN with more Getbig time.

Then he might really get depressed and end it all.
I know I've come close to jumping off the bridge.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
Most have never worked a day in their life here so many can relate to your new lifestyle!

;D ;D