Author Topic: Americans PLEASE  (Read 5416 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Americans PLEASE
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »
Forget all the stated reasons for invasion
::) lets not

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »
Calling myself historical claims, that can be confirmed and verified on google (look up UN Resolution 1414, look up Iraq building a nuclear reactor which Israel destroyed, look up Saddam gassing the Kurds) as a "bunch fairy tales" and just reading my response, whether you agree or disagree, and assuming I am joking and not being serious confirms my accessment about your level of education, knowledge, experience and intelligence.

You are in over your head. I grew up in a political family where my father worked in politics and it was the topic of discussion, along with world issues every night. I had a brother that served in Vietnam and a brother who is a Colonel in the Army and served two tours in Iraq during the Bush years. I was campaigning and working in elections since before I was a teen. I even campaigned for McGovern and first term Carter much to my present horror. I also worked as a DOD contractor for twenty years and had intimate contact with the military and also travel around the world, including Iraq and saw first hand how people lived. Admittedly my stays were nothing like a tour of duty and were brief it was sheltered but seeing the best of what these war torn countries are like made a strong impression on me and strengthen my appreciation of America and how fragile civilization is.

Again you are in over your head and out of your element here. Turn off the TV, travel and try to at least read a few books of historical significance.

Sorry not much to add in fact I think we agree.  

It's perfectly fine for you to adhere to an irrational belief system.

You claim the US is exceptional with regard to international affairs. A force for good, no self interest. This is the dogma.

Is there a single shred of evidence to support this position?   Looking forward to seeing this!
"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »
::) lets not

Fine, argue with yourself about twelve year-old news. Nothing to do with thread.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2015, 10:49:50 PM »

You claim the US is exceptional with regard to international affairs. A force for good, no self interest. This is the dogma.

Is there a single shred of evidence to support this position?   Looking forward to seeing this!

Right, we're nothing special and can't be trusted. Arabs should, therefore, handle their own shit.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2015, 12:01:40 AM »

Oh boy. Seriously? Do you even vote? Can you name the branches of government and their role? How many justices in the Supreme court? Can you name, say three of them? Who are on Mount Rushmore? What years were the War Between the States fought?  Better yet, what century? Who ran against Bush in 2004? What Senators represent your State?

Goggle away.

In answer to your question: take your pick, Fascism, Nazism, Communism?

All could have prevailed if it wasn't for the US.

America feeds more people in the world for free than all the other countries combine. They provide more medical and humanitarian aid than all other countries combine. Ever see a satellite photo showing North and South Korea? One a living hell hole another a vibrant prosperous country. One Communist and the other a Democracy made possible by the US.

It's really, really sad the level of ignorance and ingratitude in your aptly name generation nothingness.

Keep reaping the rewards made possible by others but also keep staying away from the political process and bask in your blissful ignorance. Best you keep staying home watching "Dancing with the Stars" rather than vote for people and issues you know nothing about. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2015, 12:57:22 AM »
Oh boy. Seriously? Do you even vote? Can you name the branches of government and their role? How many justices in the Supreme court? Can you name, say three of them? Who are on Mount Rushmore? What years were the War Between the States fought?  Better yet, what century? Who ran against Bush in 2004? What Senators represent your State?

Not trying to be a dick, and no need to post an answer, just adding to the government/history questionnaire:

How many Americans - especially patriotic Repubs (only 'cause they pride themselves here) - can tell you which war inspired The National Anthem?

No Google, no Lifeline, just top o' the head. Ask around, bet the majority get it wrong.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2015, 01:30:22 AM »
Not trying to be a dick, and no need to post an answer, just adding to the government/history questionnaire:

How many Americans - especially patriotic Repubs (only 'cause they pride themselves here) - can tell you which war inspired The National Anthem?

No Google, no Lifeline, just top o' the head. Ask around, bet the majority get it wrong.

Funny you should mention that because that subject came up recently. Because my expectations are so low for the Mr. Turbos of the country I give people a pass on that one because that particular war gets so little play. Much like the Korean war. But I did ask a 24 year old girl (we were on the subject) who just graduated from the University of Hawaii with a degree in Business Admin what century the Civil war took place. Not what year or decade but what century. She told me the 17th century. Now even giving her the benefit of a doubt and she meant the 1700s it still is astonishing based on the process of elimination. I then just had to ask her what century was the country founded (since July 4th is coming up). She just said "Hmm, I just keep getting confused about what came first. The Civil War or Independence day." I then said here's a hint which might help you remember what came first. The Civil War, more accurately described as the 'War Between the STATES'. One of the reasons the war was fought was to preserve the Union. And she just replied, "The Union of what?"

And people wonder how a community organizer who only got into the Senate because the current Senator at the time (the husband of the hottie who played Seven of Nine of that Star Trek show) step down due to infidelity charges and the Republicans had the colossally inane idea that they had to run a fellow Black against him, any Black, and choose the one issue kook, Alan Keyes, was elected President of the most powerful country in the world

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:04 AM »
Funny you should mention that because that subject came up recently. Because my expectations are so low for the Mr. Turbos of the country I give people a pass on that one because that particular war gets so little play. Much like the Korean war. But I did ask a 24 year old girl (we were on the subject) who just graduated from the University of Hawaii with a degree in Business Admin what century the Civil war took place. Not what year or decade but what century. She told me the 17th century. Now even giving her the benefit of a doubt and she meant the 1700s it still is astonishing based on the process of elimination. I then just had to ask her what century was the country founded (since July 4th is coming up). She just said "Hmm, I just keep getting confused about what came first. The Civil War or Independence day." I then said here's a hint which might help you remember what came first. The Civil War, more accurately described as the 'War Between the STATES'. One of the reasons the war was fought was to preserve the Union. And she just replied, "The Union of what?"

And people wonder how a community organizer who only got into the Senate because the current Senator at the time (the husband of the hottie who played Seven of Nine of that Star Trek show) step down due to infidelity charges and the Republicans had the colossally inane idea that they had to run a fellow Black against him, any Black, and choose the one issue kook, Alan Keyes, was elected President of the most powerful country in the world

Plenty of videos online exposing the idiocy of everyday America - Watters' World comes to mind. Honestly, my only friends who got the Anthem question right were vets.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »
You really, really don't think Iran would want to destroy Israel or supply other of their enemies the means to do so? Do you think if they could Iran or anyone of the various terrorist it supports and funds would like to nuke a shopping mall or subway station in the US?

Iran hasn’t attacked a nation for over 200 years. I don’t see them as a threat and I’m sure they are aware of what will happen if they ever launch an attack. :-X

Why do I think they want to destroy Israel? It's because they say so. Instead of YOU listening to the media listen to what are enemies are saying and doing.

…..and there are Americans such as yourself speaking of destroying Iran. The only difference is that America actually has, in recent history, followed through on their threats, while Iran hasn’t.
Besides, their former leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was misquoted in many of his comments about Israel.

But before I answer anymore of your questions, some I am frothing at the mouth to do, you have continually ignored my direct question to you.

You mean just like you’ve ignored my questions? ??? :D

I've already explain in some detail why we went to war with Iraq. And it wasn't just WMDs. It was a continual violation of international law and the armistice agreement with had with Hussein following the war in Kuwait. An agreement he continually mocked and ignored. There were 14 UN Security Resolutions that he ignore. Fourteen lines in the sand drawn. Fourteen "don't do this or else". And he called out bluff. How many warnings to we give before we just become a laughing stock and a paper tiger whose warnings are meaningless and willingness to enforce international law. Law Hussein agreed to? Bush went before the UN Security Council and declared that if they don't enforce international law he will. Saddam has attacked all his neighbors, had and used WMDs, built a nuclear reactor and open stated he wanted to control the Mideast oil supply and invade Saudi Arabia. That gave rise to the final UN Resolution 1441. He just laughed, spit in our face and called our bluff.

Perhaps you should also be aware that the war in Iraq was considered illegal by the UN. Kofi Annan said in 2004, "From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, the war was illegal." So America broke UN rules, just like Saddam did. Should America now bomb themselves for violating UN law? :-\
Israel (a country you appear to have a fetish with), has also violated numerous international laws and human rights acts.

This very thread was started by someone who realizes the role America plays in the world and we are the only one willing and able to step up confront the world enemies. An average everyday citizen across the pond is literally begging and pleading for us to elect a strong leader that will confront and destroy our enemies and the enemies of the world.

LOL! This thread was started by Darren Avey FFS. No offence to the guy but he’s hardly the smartest of men.

What about you?

I would strongly support any REAL American patriot who was running for President. A man in the mould of Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan would get my full backing. 8)
A warmongering phoney like Cruz or a communist phoney like Obama wouldn’t.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »
Oh boy. Seriously? Do you even vote? Can you name the branches of government and their role? How many justices in the Supreme court? Can you name, say three of them? Who are on Mount Rushmore? What years were the War Between the States fought?  Better yet, what century? Who ran against Bush in 2004? What Senators represent your State?

Goggle away.

In answer to your question: take your pick, Fascism, Nazism, Communism?

All could have prevailed if it wasn't for the US.

America feeds more people in the world for free than all the other countries combine. They provide more medical and humanitarian aid than all other countries combine. Ever see a satellite photo showing North and South Korea? One a living hell hole another a vibrant prosperous country. One Communist and the other a Democracy made possible by the US.

It's really, really sad the level of ignorance and ingratitude in your aptly name generation nothingness.

Keep reaping the rewards made possible by others but also keep staying away from the political process and bask in your blissful ignorance. Best you keep staying home watching "Dancing with the Stars" rather than vote for people and issues you know nothing about. 

why was the US State department in 1937 issuing a report stating? :

"If Fascism cannot succeed by persuasion, it must succeed by force."

https://books.google.ca/books?id=xQnLGyx3_H0C&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=if+fascism+cannot+succeed+by+persuasion+then+it+must+succeed+by+force&source=bl&ots=b-Cf30QHsH&sig=f-h90BZO0ijrxLjptk5Ctnximw8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iJGSVfXYJc31yATNmLegDA&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA

???

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »
pallius, your thoughts on this matter are the product of a mind enslaved by a deranged set of beliefs.

simply put, you sir are a freedom hater
"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2015, 08:00:24 AM »
pallius, your thoughts on this matter are the product of a mind enslaved by a deranged set of beliefs.

simply put, you sir are a freedom hater

Still can't answer and avoid the question about what you would do when Saddam repeated ignored the armistice agreement following Gulf War 1. And no response to the "shred of evidence" I gave of how America has been a force for good and has saved countries like South Korea from the hell hole that is the North. I understand. Like I said, you're in over your head and way out of your element.

Run along "Turbo" and head back to the WYHI, DLB and Crossfit Babes threads where you belong.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
Still can't answer and avoid the question about what you would do when Saddam repeated ignored the armistice agreement following Gulf War 1. And no response to the "shred of evidence" I gave of how America has been a force for good and has saved countries like South Korea from the hell hole that is the North. I understand. Like I said, you're in over your head and way out of your element.

Run along "Turbo" and head back to the WYHI, DLB and Crossfit Babes threads where you belong.

See post above regarding the official support for fascism, this is not a secret. 

I don't consider strong support of fascism a "force for good". 

then again I'm not mentally deranged
"

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:10 PM »
what could america do to help?

they caused this mess in the first place by overthrowing 2 strong regimes in Iraq and Libya, and weakening Assad in Syria. The result - Isis

they couldn't beat the taliban after spending more than a decade and billions of dollars fighting a bunch of dudes in flip flops without a single aircraft between them.

how in god's name are they gonna defeat ISIS?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:15 PM »

they caused this mess in the first place by overthrowing 2 strong regimes in Iraq and Libya, and weakening Assad in Syria. The result - Isis

they couldn't beat the taliban after spending more than a decade and billions of dollars fighting a bunch of dudes in flip flops without a single aircraft between them.

Yes, "they." Quite the selective memory, mate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/from-iraq-to-libya-and-syria-the-wars-that-come-back-tohaunt-us-10187065.html

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:17 PM »
why was the US State department in 1937 issuing a report stating? :

"If Fascism cannot succeed by persuasion, it must succeed by force."

https://books.google.ca/books?id=xQnLGyx3_H0C&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=if+fascism+cannot+succeed+by+persuasion+then+it+must+succeed+by+force&source=bl&ots=b-Cf30QHsH&sig=f-h90BZO0ijrxLjptk5Ctnximw8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iJGSVfXYJc31yATNmLegDA&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA

???

You asked for a "shred of evidence" of the good the US has done for this world. I gave it to you. You ignored it. You then change the topic and try to imply that the US supported Fascism.

Another question you wouldn't be able to answer if it was asked in person: Who was Mussolini? And what countries were in the Axis forces that we fought and destroyed in WW2?

Again I answered a direct question with a direct answer. You have not responded in kind.

You realized you are in over your head. You are not interested in clarity or truth. You're about promoting an agenda that you have been brainwashed by the Liberal media to believe. The historical references and claims I have made are backed by facts. South Korea is a way better place to live than North Korea because of the US and the soldiers who sacrificed their lives during the Korean war. A historical and present day fact that you ignore. You're more concern about protecting your ego and promoting the anti-American agenda that you have been brainwashed to believe by the Left.

Again, you claimed that America has never done a single thing to make this world a better place. I gave you several examples. In this case I am clearly right and you are clearly wrong. It's a black and white example. No wiggle room on this one.

You are not an honest and sincere person.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2015, 11:54:47 PM »

Actually, fighting ISIS is tailor made for the US. The problem we currently have fighting terrorism is the asymmetrical warfare. Not always knowing who the enemies are. They're not armies  clearly identified and representing a specific country as such.

With ISIS, they are out in the open marching through Iraq, carrying their flag, clearly identifying themselves as they conquer and claim territory. It is this kind of clearly defined pitched battle that America does best. Two opposing armies confronting each other on the battlefield. Beginning with Vietnam America has not lost a single pitched battle. We've perfected it like no other country.

If we decide to confront ISIS on the battlefield as they march through Iraq we will destroy them. We will win. Just like we always win. Every damn time.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:57 AM »
You asked for a "shred of evidence" of the good the US has done for this world. I gave it to you. You ignored it. You then change the topic and try to imply that the US supported Fascism.

Another question you wouldn't be able to answer if it was asked in person: Who was Mussolini? And what countries were in the Axis forces that we fought and destroyed in WW2?

Again I answered a direct question with a direct answer. You have not responded in kind.

You realized you are in over your head. You are not interested in clarity or truth. You're about promoting an agenda that you have been brainwashed by the Liberal media to believe. The historical references and claims I have made are backed by facts. South Korea is a way better place to live than North Korea because of the US and the soldiers who sacrificed their lives during the Korean war. A historical and present day fact that you ignore. You're more concern about protecting your ego and promoting the anti-American agenda that you have been brainwashed to believe by the Left.

Again, you claimed that America has never done a single thing to make this world a better place. I gave you several examples. In this case I am clearly right and you are clearly wrong. It's a black and white example. No wiggle room on this one.

You are not an honest and sincere person.

thanks to whoever moved this thread so we don't have to read this diarrhea anymore
"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »
Just because u lost and can't debate.....good job dipshit.
L

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »
thanks to whoever moved this thread so we don't have to read my diarrhea anymore

Fixed.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »
Fixed.

Ironic that a plea to America gets turned into a typical Yank bash.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »
Remove America from the equation over the last 60 years...explain to me how things play out. I suspect most couldn't even do it as they have no idea what happened last week let alone post 1945.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 08:33:45 AM »
Remove America from the equation over the last 60 years...explain to me how things play out. I suspect most couldn't even do it as they have no idea what happened last week let alone post 1945.

Europe would be speaking russian as a first language.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »
Actually, fighting ISIS is tailor made for the US. The problem we currently have fighting terrorism is the asymmetrical warfare. Not always knowing who the enemies are. They're not armies  clearly identified and representing a specific country as such.

With ISIS, they are out in the open marching through Iraq, carrying their flag, clearly identifying themselves as they conquer and claim territory. It is this kind of clearly defined pitched battle that America does best. Two opposing armies confronting each other on the battlefield. Beginning with Vietnam America has not lost a single pitched battle. We've perfected it like no other country.

If we decide to confront ISIS on the battlefield as they march through Iraq we will destroy them. We will win. Just like we always win. Every damn time.

Good points, though I would add that the politics of war in our time are much different than the past.  Nowadays, even small civilian casualties are considered abhorrent and the press and world-wide community put a huge amount of attention on them.  And even if we're fighting a standing army, the civilian casualties will be staggering.