Author Topic: Haney over rated? ❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘  (Read 12171 times)

goku

• Getbig III
Re: Haney over rated? ❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
he had a well balanced physique, i don't think his arms were small enough to cause an obvious imbalance but weren't big enough to put him up there with the elite - Sergio Oliva, Arnie, Dorian etc

i don't think anyone rates him in that class, if they do then i'd agree it would be overrating him slightly. but he's definitely one of the great physiques, just not among the very greatest, imo at least

Sergio greatest physique ever for me though

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Haney over rated? ❤️❤️❤️❤️
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
he had a well balanced physique, i don't think his arms were small enough to cause an obvious imbalance but weren't big enough to put him up there with the elite - Sergio Oliva, Arnie, Dorian etc

i don't think anyone rates him in that class, if they do then i'd agree it would be overrating him slightly. but he's definitely one of the great physiques, just not among the very greatest, imo at least

91 LOOKED LIKE SLABS OF BEEF FROM ALL OVER,ITS LIKE THE DRUG TESTED YR RUST WORE OFF AND HE WAS REBORN BUILD WISE ONE LAST TIME..

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »
Haney overrated?

you arent rated at anything anywhere ever. think on that before posting.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 02:37:02 PM »
Haney was most certainly not overrated.  He is probably the best olympia winner that doesn't get talked about much. He had a good combo of size and symmetry.  I guess I have to ask who you think was better?  If he was around in the mid 90s I would agree that he wouldn't have done nearly as well because of how good the competition was.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Haney over rated? ❤️❤️❤️❤️
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »
Haney was most certainly not overrated.  He is probably the best olympia winner that doesn't get talked about much. He had a good combo of size and symmetry.  I guess I have to ask who you think was better?  If he was around in the mid 90s I would agree that he wouldn't have done nearly as well because of how good the competition was.
I think 91 after yates really closed in and knowing that he would do anything at that point on ,haney said enough is enough,i think haney's look in 91 what I stated was his best overall look,he looked freaky at that show,and probably went in more than usual'speculating'here on drugs/#'s..i think a haney/yates part 2 would have been close but yates in 92 was totally different than 91 and by 93 forget about it...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »
Haney isn't overrated. He's all time Top-5 on anyone's ballot.
a

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »
If he added another inch to his arms and a couple more to his quads his physique would be perfect . Not bashing or discrediting just saying that would make the flow perfect. That is all children.
i

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »
If he added another inch to his arms and a couple more to his quads his physique would be perfect . Not bashing or discrediting just saying that would make the flow perfect. That is all children.

I'll give you that.  But unlike other Mr. O's if Haney needed to do that, he could have.  Phil can't make his shoulder girdle wider. Ronnie can't get better looking abs and better looking calves. In side poses there's nothing wrong with his arms, forearms included.  Haney was before esiciline and other SEO but he didn't need it.  Haney looks like a jacked athlete.  He doesn't have that modern bodybuilder look to him.  That's not to say he doesn't look powerful or large.  He just looks more authentic, (take that for what it's worth).

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »
I'll give you that.  But unlike other Mr. O's if Haney needed to do that, he could have.  Phil can't make his shoulder girdle wider. Ronnie can't get better looking abs and better looking calves. In side poses there's nothing wrong with his arms, forearms included.  Haney was before esiciline and other SEO but he didn't need it.  Haney looks like a jacked athlete.  He doesn't have that modern bodybuilder look to him.  That's not to say he doesn't look powerful or large.  He just looks more authentic, (take that for what it's worth).

Wiggs, you hit on something regarding Haney that is totally true and completely unheard of these days.  Haney was an athlete and he moved like an athlete. 

I remember picking him up one late night at LAX. He was flying in for the Weider/Pro Muscle Bodybuilding Camp.  I was waiting at the gate for him to exit the airplane. He just sort of strolled off, wearing a long sleeve button down shirt and jeans.  Didn't really appear to be crazy huge.  Had a nice relaxed way about him.  We're walking and talking and of course I'm looking at him (no homo, well perhaps a little) and I knew he was 245-250 but it was amazing how easily he moved- like a real athlete. 
a

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
Wiggs, you hit on something regarding Haney that is totally true and completely unheard of these days.  Haney was an athlete and he moved like an athlete. 

I remember picking him up one late night at LAX. He was flying in for the Weider/Pro Muscle Bodybuilding Camp.  I was waiting at the gate for him to exit the airplane. He just sort of strolled off, wearing a long sleeve button down shirt and jeans.  Didn't really appear to be crazy huge.  Had a nice relaxed way about him.  We're walking and talking and of course I'm looking at him (no homo, well perhaps a little) and I knew he was 245-250 but it was amazing how easily he moved- like a real athlete. 

Yes Tom, I agree.  He was functional.  The guys today outside of maybe Kai and a few others aren't function.  They waddle around with these ridiculous looking thighs, this capped shoulder things looks fake and stupid, you know all the rest, it's a mess.  I know you like Dorian but he's the one that took it here but if it wasn't him someone else would have.  It's the judges, the people in charge of judges, and of course Weiders for not getting a grasp on it.  But I guess you gotta let nature take its course and let everything hit rock bottom before cooler heads prevail. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
It's no secret that I believe Lee Haney is the greatest bodybuilder overall ever. It includes more than most think.  He was large, PROPORTIONED, symmetrical, conditioned, separated, and BALANCED.  He could pose, he had a heart of a champion, he wore his Olympia crown with grace and respect and carried himself with class at ALL times.  The only complaints I hear consistently is small arms and legs. People have to understand that the only person known for having legs that would be acceptable today is Tom Platz and he was considered a freak because of his legs.  After that I'd have to say Dorian.  Haney didn't need to have 23 inch arms or 30 inch quads because bodybuilding was about proportions and balance then.  It is not now.  This is clear from Phil to Down Hill, It's a mess but it sells so that's the way it is. Haney won 8 Mr. Os for a reason. But Haney was the last Mr. O pre-drug monsters. He's been getting alot of love here on Getbig in the last couple years because of some of us but prior to that it was crickets.   People were enamored with Coleman's physique.  Haney stood the test of time and went out looking his best unlike everyone else except Arnold. Other guys outside of Arnold fell apart for various reasons.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »
It's no secret that I believe Lee Haney is the greatest bodybuilder overall ever. It includes more than most think.  He was large, PROPORTIONED, symmetrical, conditioned, separated, and BALANCED.  He could pose, he had a heart of a champion, he wore his Olympia crown with grace and respect and carried himself with class at ALL times.  The only complaints I hear consistently is small arms and legs. People have to understand that the only person known for having legs that would be acceptable today is Tom Platz and he was considered a freak because of his legs.  After that I'd have to say Dorian.  Haney didn't need to have 23 inch arms or 30 inch quads because bodybuilding was about proportions and balance then.  It is not now.  This is clear from Phil to Down Hill, It's a mess but it sells so that's the way it is. Haney won 8 Mr. Os for a reason. But Haney was the last Mr. O pre-drug monsters. He's been getting alot of love here on Getbig in the last couple years because of some of us but prior to that it was crickets.   People were enamored with Coleman's physique.  Haney stood the test of time and went out looking his best unlike everyone else except Arnold. Other guys outside of Arnold fell apart for various reasons.

Bigger & greater than Jeeezzuss  :o

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
not another Haney Thread

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
Haney is one of the best bodybuilders of all time. Small waist and proportional size is just is a killer combination. Sure he had some flaws but all the greats do. There was a picture when Sergio tried to make a comeback and posed his arm next to Haney dwarfing his arm. I wish I had the picture. Then again Sergio's complaint is that he had the best potential but seldom dialed it in. There was a short time where he was just sick in shape. Back to Haney. Top 5 best bodybuilder of all time.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »
not another Haney Thread

Why not?  He's the one guy that Getbig can't tear apart sans arms and legs and if you're an idiot like The Scott, get angry at him for using steroids and then not telling the public. Perhaps that's why not another Haney Thread because you can't really say negative shit a Getbigger would say about Haney. He's too good, too "vanilla".

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »
Haney is one of the best bodybuilders of all time. Small waist and proportional size is just is a killer combination. Sure he had some flaws but all the greats do. There was a picture when Sergio tried to make a comeback and posed his arm next to Haney dwarfing his arm. I wish I had the picture. Then again Sergio's complaint is that he had the best potential but seldom dialed it in. There was a short time where he was just sick in shape. Back to Haney. Top 5 best bodybuilder of all time.

Photos don't do justice to Haney's mass and thickness. You had to stand next to him to really realize how thick he truly was. His arms were his weak point, but some of that is due to how his delts, back, and chest made them look smaller than they were.

Haney is underrated, not overrated.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
That's because you're from the era of blown out arms, legs and assholes.

:D

Lee was a great Christian bodybuilder.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
Why not?  He's the one guy that Getbig can't tear apart sans arms and legs and if you're an idiot like The Scott, get angry at him for using steroids and then not telling the public. Perhaps that's why not another Haney Thread because you can't really say negative shit a Getbigger would say about Haney. He's too good, too "vanilla".

Oh lawdy, lawdy, lawdy!  Hep me!  Hep me! Hep me!   Professor Wiggins done took me to school!  Hep me, lawd!

Not.

Haney lied his ass off on video about his drug use, deal with Slurpee Boy.  As for his physique, I suppose top 5 is not out of the question.  He's far better than Yates or Coleman, that's for certain.  No one compares to the Oak for being the best (druggie) of all time.

But you can't see past the color of your skin.  Silly little manlet.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
Oh lawdy, lawdy, lawdy!  Hep me!  Hep me! Hep me!   Professor Wiggins done took me to school!  Hep me, lawd!

Not.

Haney lied his ass off on video about his drug use, deal with Slurpee Boy.  As for his physique, I suppose top 5 is not out of the question.  He's far better than Yates or Coleman, that's for certain.  No one compares to the Oak for being the best (druggie) of all time.

But you can't see past the color of your skin.  Silly little manlet.

I am a strong white man and I agree with Wiggs.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 05:58:50 PM »
I am a strong white man and I agree with Wiggs.

That's fine.  Your choice.  On some subjects I do, on others I don't.  He's also a bit of a 'tard as evidenced by the drivel he so often posits here.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »
Haney, if anything, is underrated, despite being an 8 time Mr. O winner.  His greatness doesn't always come through in photos, not unlike Dorian.  But watch a video of Haney in his prime and you immediately see why he dominated. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2015, 06:13:52 PM »
Other than his back and chest , his legs arms are on the smallish side. I just don't understand how he took it from Arnold. Discuss
You're a retard, go suck a dick. Discuss
A

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:15 PM »
Haney, if anything, is underrated, despite being an 8 time Mr. O winner.  His greatness doesn't always come through in photos, not unlike Dorian.  But watch a video of Haney in his prime and you immediately see why he dominated. 

The guys Haney beat (Makawway, Gaspari, Beckles, Labrada, Bannout, Ray, Christian, DeMey, etc.) were all good bodybuilders but nowhere near Haney. Other than the drug tested O in 1990, Haney crushed his competition.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:21 PM »
The guys Haney beat (Makawway, Gaspari, Beckles, Labrada, Bannout, Ray, Christian, DeMey, etc.) were all good bodybuilders but nowhere near Haney. Other than the drug tested O in 1990, Haney crushed his competition.

And he won 8 times to beat the record then stopped. That's a long long time.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2015, 07:18:13 PM »

Yo dipshit, Haney beat Yates. He would have beat him in 1992, 1994, and 1997. Yates was fantastic in 1993 and took it to another level. However, who knows what would have happened if Haney hit the GH and insulin train. He is among the top three ever. Yates looked like hammered shit in 1994, 1996, and his final year. Ronnie was deteriorating rapidly by 2006 / 2007. Haney carried one of the most complete, dry, and detailed packages ever in 1991. I was in Orlando for the night show and he smashed Dorian.