Author Topic: bob paris on phil donahue  (Read 14426 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: bob paris was on phil donahue
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »

"to say that a person's attraction to the same sex is innate but acting on that propensity or attraction is a chosen behavior makes no sense."

Tim, you've always struck me as a reasonable person and never made any bones about being gay. I am surprised that you don't distinguish between what someone wants to do, has the urge to do, has the innate desire to do, and actually acting on it. Acting on it is a choice.

As I mentioned in the case of pedophilia, a person has an innate sexual attraction to prepubescent children. But that doesn't mean he can act on it.

A Priest can have an innate sexual attraction to either a man or a women or both but taking a vow of chasity forbids him from acting on it.

This doesn't just apply to sexual behavior. Hell, it is human nature to be selfish. To just take what you want than work for it. It is natural to eat like a dog than to use a knife and fork. To just shit and pee anywhere. Civil and decent behavior has to taught and much of a man's natural behavior and propensities has to be stifled and controlled.

Wanting to act or behave at certain way doesn't automatically mean you should.

Again this is not to imply that homosexuals are not allowed to act on their desires. Only to distinguish between a behavior, choosing to act on a behavior, and a state of being, i.e., race. You can't choose to be another race although this line is also being blurred. And I am not saying you are allowed to marry someone of a different race solely because it is innate. It's because there is inherently no difference (from a human point of view)  between a Black or a White or an Indian or a Chinese, but there is a big difference between a man and a woman.

And if the majority doesn't get to decide then that implies you believe the minority should decide for the majority. Is that what you believe? And where in the Constitution does it even address the legal right to marry a member of the same sex? It has never been allowed in the history of our country or in the history of mankind. This is not to say that two people can't get married in whatever church will allow it. They can live together and give each other any rights to their property they want. It's when they force others to recognize, via government coercion, to  honor their union even though it goes against their religion. What about their rights? The right to be a Christian, Jew or Muslim all who consider homosexuality a sin.

Like I said, Hugh Hefner for all practical purposes live his life as a polygamous but no one cared because he didn't impose his life style on anybody else. Didn't demand that the government get involved and demand that other people accept and honor his lifestyle. He just did his thing and didn't bother anybody else.

pellius

• Getbig V
Re: bob paris on phil donahue
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
"Also, "states rights, states rights" for things one disagree with, such as abortion, same sex marriage, etc, but not for things you agree with, such as gun rights, corporation rights, election finance laws, etc"

I don't understand this statement. The decision regarding abortion, same sex marriage, specific gun rights should be left to the State. I'm not sure specifically what you are referring to in regard to corporations and election finance laws. And when I say specific gun rights it is taking into account the specific right of gun owners guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment which supersedes State law.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »

"to say that a person's attraction to the same sex is innate but acting on that propensity or attraction is a chosen behavior makes no sense."

Tim, you've always struck me as a reasonable person and never made any bones about being gay. I am surprised that you don't distinguish between what someone wants to do, has the urge to do, has the innate desire to do, and actually acting on it. Acting on it is a choice.

As I mentioned in the case of pedophilia, a person has an innate sexual attraction to prepubescent children. But that doesn't mean he can act on it.

A Priest can have an innate sexual attraction to either a man or a women or both but taking a vow of chasity forbids him from acting on it.

This doesn't just apply to sexual behavior. Hell, it is human nature to be selfish. To just take what you want than work for it. It is natural to eat like a dog than to use a knife and fork. To just shit and pee anywhere. Civil and decent behavior has to taught and much of a man's natural behavior and propensities has to be stifled and controlled.

Wanting to act or behave at certain way doesn't automatically mean you should.

Again this is not to imply that homosexuals are not allowed to act on their desires. Only to distinguish between a behavior, choosing to act on a behavior, and a state of being, i.e., race. You can't choose to be another race although this line is also being blurred. And I am not saying you are allowed to marry someone of a different race solely because it is innate. It's because there is inherently no difference (from a human point of view)  between a Black or a White or an Indian or a Chinese, but there is a big difference between a man and a woman.

And if the majority doesn't get to decide then that implies you believe the minority should decide for the majority. Is that what you believe? And where in the Constitution does it even address the legal right to marry a member of the same sex? It has never been allowed in the history of our country or in the history of mankind. This is not to say that two people can't get married in whatever church will allow it. They can live together and give each other any rights to their property they want. It's when they force others to recognize, via government coercion, to  honor their union even though it goes against their religion. What about their rights? The right to be a Christian, Jew or Muslim all who consider homosexuality a sin.

Like I said, Hugh Hefner for all practical purposes live his life as a polygamous but no one cared because he didn't impose his life style on anybody else. Didn't demand that the government get involved and demand that other people accept and honor his lifestyle. He just did his thing and didn't bother anybody else.

Good post...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
the 2nd Amendment which supersedes State law.

The 14th Amendment also supersedes state law.  

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Marriage is a civil contract: You two agree to take care of each other, and we (society) agree to make it easier for you to do so.  The courts have found that the 14th Amendment applies to same sex unions.

so why not siblings? because society has found that there is a high risk of genetic defects in siblings who have children.  why not underage? because children are unable to give consent. Why not polygamy? Because society has found that there tends to be a lot of abuse, lesser wives get abused, children of lesser wives get neglected and abused.  Despite the bigotry, society has not found any rational reason to ban same sex marriage.

while some religions feel homosexuality is a sin, that is not a reason for a secular government to ban it. Many religions are against second marriages, marriages between people of different religion and of different colors. The bible was the primary argument for miscegenation laws. Yet we do not have laws enforcing those church beliefs.  And just as churches are not forced to marry people of different religions, they don't have to be involved in gay marriage.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »
So if you oppose the gay activist movement that means you're gay.

no, but you're more concerned about gay marriage than Pope Francis is.
so you clearly have a deep personal emotional stake in the issue.
pellius, it's ok to be gay. 
God (if One exists) still loves you.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »
The 14th Amendment also supersedes state law.  

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Sorry, I don't see how this limits the 10th Amendment or that Federal law supersedes State law or increases power of the Federal Government specifically outlined in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. It in a way restates and guarantees the rights of citizens so it was crystal clear during Reconstruction assuring Blacks have equal rights. I am not going to conflate and/or compare homosexuality with race

Marriage is a civil contract: You two agree to take care of each other, and we (society) agree to make it easier for you to do so.  The courts have found that the 14th Amendment applies to same sex unions.

I know. Many disagree. That's why there is going to be a fight. That's why we are having this discussion.

so why not siblings? because society has found that there is a high risk of genetic defects in siblings who have children.  why not underage? because children are unable to give consent. Why not polygamy? Because society has found that there tends to be a lot of abuse, lesser wives get abused, children of lesser wives get neglected and abused.  Despite the bigotry, society has not found any rational reason to ban same sex marriage.

So the only reason you don't support siblings marrying is due to the chances that their children will have genetic defects? Meaning if science found a way to prevent that then you would support it? What if the husband gets his tubes cut or a man wants to marry his brother or father so as to ensure they can't have children? Is that OK?  Is it the government's role to determine if your marriage is healthy? What if one or both spouse has a high propensity to pass on a genetic defect such as Down's syndrome they shouldn't be allowed to marry. And where on God's green earth did you get that notion that government outlaws polygamy because spouses or children may get neglected or abused. I am sure you realize that a large percentage of monogamous relationship often results in spouses and/or children getting abused.

And come on, Tim, these are important issues that determine which direction our society will take. Many of us take this quite seriously. It's not just an issue on homosexuality but what we as a cultural value and promote and how we define and practice our institutions. And its not always the case on what is being decided but who should decide. Don't think (especially as I already outlined some of the reasons) that I am a bigot because I disagree with your position. A this point, going by reading many posts you have made on this board on various subjects, I assume you are sincere in your beliefs. Why not grant me the same courtesy?
[/quote]

while some religions feel homosexuality is a sin, that is not a reason for a secular government to ban it. Many religions are against second marriages, marriages between people of different religion and of different colors. The bible was the primary argument for miscegenation laws. Yet we do not have laws enforcing those church beliefs.  And just as churches are not forced to marry people of different religions, they don't have to be involved in gay marriage.

I never said or implied that anything should be banned because some group thinks it's a sin. I am very aware of the difference between morality and legality. I believe adultery is immoral but I would never want it to be illegal. And with the new laws it does now deprive the rights of individuals and institutions to adhere to their beliefs. There is a hospital in Torrance, Ca that I use to go to. Little Company of Mary. It is a private hospital funded by the Catholic church. They do not preform abortions because it is against their faith. They will no longer have that right.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »
no, but you're more concerned about gay marriage than Pope Francis is.
so you clearly have a deep personal emotional stake in the issue.
pellius, it's ok to be gay. 
God (if One exists) still loves you.

STFU! Go back to the WYHI or the DLB threads where you belong. Adults are trying to talk here.

These are the times when I so wish to have this discussion with you in person when you don't have access to google. I love exposing just how ignorant your generation is.

Then I would beat the living shit out of you just out of pure pleasure.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
STFU! Go back to the WYHI or the DLB threads where you belong. Adults are trying to talk here.

These are the times when I so wish to have this discussion with you in person when you don't have access to google. I love exposing just how ignorant your generation is.

you're not fooling anybody ... sounding like a "tough guy" doesn't change your sexual orientation.

and, again, it's ok to be gay.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 10:32:30 PM »
you're not fooling anybody ... sounding like a "tough guy" doesn't change your sexual orientation.

and, again, it's ok to be gay.

Because nobody has to be fooled. And it's not so much whether I am such a tough guy but the fact that you
are a big pussy. I would wipe the floor with you and then piss on you, phaggot!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »
There is a hospital in Torrance, Ca that I use to go to. Little Company of Mary. It is a private hospital funded by the Catholic church. They do not preform abortions because it is against their faith. They will no longer have that right.  

Citation please. I find nothing googling Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital abortion.  If they're not accepting any government grants then they're not being forced to do things against their religious beliefs.  If they apply for government funds then they're agreeing to follow the rules set forth in the grant.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
Citation please. I find nothing googling Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital abortion.  If they're not accepting any government grants then they're not being forced to do things against their religious beliefs.  If they apply for government funds then they're agreeing to follow the rules set forth in the grant.

The citation is the law just passed. My sister works at The Little Company of Mary. Already businesses are being forced to cater to gays when it's against their beliefs. Remember the case about the photographer who didn't want to do a gay wedding or the Pizza place that didn't want to cater a gay wedding?

But I do want to get it on record that you don't support forcing people to engage in gay functions or activities for religious reasons or really for any reason?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2015, 10:43:03 PM »

Be careful Tom, discussion is code for ass fuck in pellius lingo

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:15 PM »
Because nobody has to be fooled. And it's not so much whether I am such a tough guy but the fact that you
are a big pussy. I would wipe the floor with you and then piss on you, phaggot!

ok, by using the insult "phaggot" you clearly cannot possibly be gay because why would a closeted gay man use that derogatory term?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 11:04:47 PM »
Be careful Tom, discussion is code for ass fuck in pellius lingo

The mighty Hurricane Beef!

LMAO!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 11:05:06 PM »
The citation is the law just passed. My sister works at The Little Company of Mary. Already businesses are being forced to cater to gays when it's against their beliefs. Remember the case about the photographer who didn't want to do a gay wedding or the Pizza place that didn't want to cater a gay wedding?

the photographer case and the bakery case were both in states with anti-discrimination laws where sexual orientation is a protected class.  Just like a black bakery owner can't deny service to a white patron because they're white, a gay florist cannot deny service to a straight couple because they're straight. however, in most states, sexual orientation is not a protected class. In those states it is perfectly legal to post a sign in your business's window "No gays allowed".

the pizza place was in walkerton, Indiana, where it is perfectly ok to post a No Gays Allowed sign.  The pizza place was barely making ends meet (how much pizza can you sell in a town of 2100 people?) before their story went viral. then all the religious right rubes gave them $800k (tax free by the way) to protect their freedom to say stupid things which was more than they could ever had hoped to make selling 4-5 pizzas a day, so they closed up shop and lived happily ever after.

But I do want to get it on record that you don't support forcing people to engage in gay functions or activities for religious reasons or really for any reason?

yes, if you don't want to get gay married, then don't get gay married.

on the other hand, if you're a pharmacist but think it is wrong to dispense birth control to unmarried women, then perhaps you should find another occupation.  the distinction is that to be a pharmacist requires a license from the state, so the state gets to set the rules.

the same with a business.  a business is a legal entity created by the state as a way to protect the owners of the business from liability.  your business gets sued, your personal assets are still safe.  your product kills someone, the owners are not going to be charged with murder.  but by incorporating, the business agrees to follow the rules of that state.  If that state has anti-discrimination laws, then by incorporating you're agreeing to follow those rules.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
ok, by using the insult "phaggot" you clearly cannot possibly be gay because why would a closeted gay man use that derogatory term?

What a brilliant phaggot you are.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:13 AM »
Pellius,

I will make this very simple for you.

Let's pretend that every gay person chooses to be gay

so what?

makes no difference at all to the argument as whether they have a legal right to get married

regarding other kinds of marriage between consenting adults I say legalize it all

If siblings want to get married that is fine and if 3 or 4 people want to get married that's fine too

It's not like siblings can't have sex if they want to and I'm not aware of millions of siblings in this country already in committed relationships who want to get married so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  

You yourself can choose whatever kind of marriage that you prefer and you can mind your own business as to what other people choose

I personally find your beliefs to be repugnant but you have the freedom to say whatever you want and I wouldn't whine that your speech needs to be hidden because it's akin to taking a shit or being racist or that personal dog fantasy that you mentioned earlier.  Making that kind of comparison would just be stupid.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »
the photographer case and the bakery case were both in states with anti-discrimination laws where sexual orientation is a protected class.  Just like a black bakery owner can't deny service to a white patron because they're white, a gay florist cannot deny service to a straight couple because they're straight. however, in most states, sexual orientation is not a protected class. In those states it is perfectly legal to post a sign in your business's window "No gays allowed".

the pizza place was in walkerton, Indiana, where it is perfectly ok to post a No Gays Allowed sign.  The pizza place was barely making ends meet (how much pizza can you sell in a town of 2100 people?) before their story went viral. then all the religious right rubes gave them $800k (tax free by the way) to protect their freedom to say stupid things which was more than they could ever had hoped to make selling 4-5 pizzas a day, so they closed up shop and lived happily ever after.

yes, if you don't want to get gay married, then don't get gay married.

on the other hand, if you're a pharmacist but think it is wrong to dispense birth control to unmarried women, then perhaps you should find another occupation.  the distinction is that to be a pharmacist requires a license from the state, so the state gets to set the rules.

the same with a business.  a business is a legal entity created by the state as a way to protect the owners of the business from liability.  your business gets sued, your personal assets are still safe.  your product kills someone, the owners are not going to be charged with murder.  but by incorporating, the business agrees to follow the rules of that state.  If that state has anti-discrimination laws, then by incorporating you're agreeing to follow those rules.

You make some good points that I would like to address but again I find myself in a position that so often happens when engage in a serious discussion. Someone, in this case you, presents their views and supporting arguments. And because I believe that you are a sincere person, more interested maybe not so much in changing my view but seeking clarity and truth and not engaging in a pissing match, I take you seriously. So I take the trouble and considerable time to address your arguments, often point by point, but then find it has just been ignored and you just move on to another issue or argument.

You implies that the 14th Amendment was about superseding State law. It was created follow Reconstruction guaranteeing Blacks equal rights. A war was already fought and won guaranteeing equal rights to everybody, specifically Blacks. The issue was, are Blacks equal.

But more importantly and pertinent to the issue at hand, is the reasons you gave why government, and presumably society, doesn't recognize other forms of marriage such a polygamy, siblings marrying... The implication being that government has a right to determine whether people can marry based on the predicted health of their children (though I've given examples where a couple is guaranteed not to have children) or whether a spouse or child may be neglected or abused.

With all due respect, not only is this simply not true I suspect you just made that up as it reflects your own personal beliefs.

You did address my last retort regarding the rights of those whose religion compels them to resist all attempts for supporting gay marriage as well as the gay lifestyle in general. And, again, just to be precise, I don't mean preventing gays from living their lives but being forced to support it.

But I would like you to address my previous rebuttals, especially your stated reason why, now that we have redefined marriage, that other forms such as polygamy, siblings, two straight roommates..., should not be allowed.  

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »
But I would like you to address my previous rebuttals, especially your stated reason why, now that we have redefined marriage, that other forms such as polygamy, siblings, two straight roommates..., should not be allowed.  

My views on polygamy are not my own.  Here are a couple of links

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/12/17/should-plural-marriage-be-legal/polygamy-is-bad-for-women

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/01/the_problem_with_polygamy.html

In current and historic societies that polygamy was practiced, women didn't have much of a say in the matter.  In addition, it creates a class of lost-boys who tend to be exiled from the community when they reach young adulthood. In a future non-patriarchal society they can readdress this issue if they want.

I have no problem with any two people not related marrying.  Many straight people have marriages of convenience .  that is they're not romantically in love, but they marry for other reasons.  So two straight roommates want to get married, go for it. But remember that you can only be married to one person at a time, and divorce can be costly.

When debating "slippery slope" one has to consider how likely is it. There has always been millions of same sex couples living in committed relationships, many raising children. Same sex marriage simply recognizes those relationships and grants them the benefits that opposite sex families receive in marriage.  There are not millions or even thousands of siblings living in committed relationships.  There are some, but not many, people in polyamorous relationships, where all are in committed relationships with each other.  Now if they want to make the case that their relationships should receive the benefits of marriage, I will listen with an open mind.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/12/17/should-plural-marriage-be-legal/polygamy-is-bad-for-women

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/01/the_problem_with_polygamy.html

In current and historic societies that polygamy was practiced, women didn't have much of a say in the matter.  In addition, it creates a class of lost-boys who tend to be exiled from the community when they reach young adulthood. In a future non-patriarchal society they can readdress this issue if they want.

I have no problem with any two people not related marrying.  Many straight people have marriages of convenience .  that is they're not romantically in love, but they marry for other reasons.  So two straight roommates want to get married, go for it. But remember that you can only be married to one person at a time, and divorce can be costly.

When debating "slippery slope" one has to consider how likely is it. There has always been millions of same sex couples living in committed relationships, many raising children. Same sex marriage simply recognizes those relationships and grants them the benefits that opposite sex families receive in marriage.  There are not millions or even thousands of siblings living in committed relationships.  There are some, but not many, people in polyamorous relationships, where all are in committed relationships with each other.  Now if they want to make the case that their relationships should receive the benefits of marriage, I will listen with an open mind.

gay people don't need to defend or justify any other forms of marriage in order to defend or suppor their own right to get married

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2015, 12:11:17 AM »
Jarrod the Subway guy chose to watch kitty porn and society is going to knock him down and fuck him up. Because so many are mentally ill with being homo, and homos took over Hollywood/media, society can't knock them down and fuck their life up. They gained too much control. It's sucks that there aren't more homo's that come out(and are liberal) and say they're mentally ill and it needs to stop. Instead they jump in line and and go with the flow. Around every corner you will find a homo who is also an attention whore. It almost goes hand and hand. There should be thousands if not millions of homos out there that say that its a sick choice and they need help. But they are no where to be found. The media won't give them a platform. So they fall in line an accept their fate. Just like the freak Jarrod and his kitty porn, the homo's also have a choice. Yet they've gained power and now the majority isn't allowed to speak the truth. We are living in hell people. The truly mentally ill have taken over. We are not that far off before the Subway Jarrod's of the world take control and more and more mentally ill fall in line and be silent like the homo's did. Fuck up world we are living in...We are 20 to 30 years away from Jarrod the Subway guy being a hero. WTF!!!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2015, 12:22:27 AM »
Jarrod the Subway guy chose to watch kitty porn and society is going to knock him down and fuck him up. Because so many are mentally ill with being homo, and homos took over Hollywood/media, society can't knock them down and fuck their life up. They gained too much control. It's sucks that there aren't more homo's that come out(and are liberal) and say they're mentally ill and it needs to stop. Instead they jump in line and and go with the flow. Around every corner you will find a homo who is also an attention whore. It almost goes hand and hand. There should be thousands if not millions of homos out there that say that its a sick choice and they need help. But they are no where to be found. The media won't give them a platform. So they fall in line an accept their fate. Just like the freak Jarrod and his kitty porn, the homo's also have a choice. Yet they've gained power and now the majority isn't allowed to speak the truth. We are living in hell people. The truly mentally ill have taken over. We are not that far off before the Subway Jarrod's of the world take control and more and more mentally ill fall in line and be silent like the homo's did. Fuck up world we are living in...We are 20 to 30 years away from Jarrod the Subway guy being a hero. WTF!!!

1) Jarrod Fogle hasn't been arrested yet, let alone charged with anything, let alone convicted of anything

2) homosexuality was considered a mental illness for generations, and thousands of gays and lesbians sought treatment.  and guess what. treatment didn't work, in fact it made things worse, and the scientific community figured out that homosexuality is just a normal variation of sexuality that occurs in both animals and humans.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
Interracial marriage is quite different from same sex marriage. A race/ethnicity is a state of being. You are
born a certain race. Homosexuality is a behavior. You may argue correctly that a person's attraction to the same sex is innate but acting on that propensity or attraction is a chosen behavior. That is not to imply that in this case choosing to act on your inclinations or attractions is wrong, say like in the case where it's in one's nature to be sexually attracted to prepubescent children.

The issue is that no one had the right to marry a member of the same sex. Five unelected Judges changed that. It should have been left to the legislative process. It has been voted down every time it came up and the activist always over rides the will of the people and takes it to the judges.

This was a matter for the States. It's similar to Roe v Wade. Abortion was already legal in 13 States including my State of Hawaii. The 10th Amendment makes it crystal clear what powers the Federal Government had and it is very precise and limited.

This matter should have been left to the States.

Where is proof of this?

Should the issue of interracial marriage and slavery be left to the States as well?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2015, 07:16:17 AM »
How is gay marriage considered a "special right"?

Special rights are things that are allowed for certain groups but denied to others.  Like a church not paying taxes.  By the very instance of denying gays to marry, that would make heterosexual marriage a "special right". 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2015, 07:24:56 PM »

Will reply when I get more time.