Author Topic: bob paris on phil donahue  (Read 14374 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
bob paris on phil donahue
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:13:24 PM »

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Re: bob paris was on phil donahue
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
Ewwwwwwww........

Oh, he was on the show?...... Ok, then  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Yeah, 24 years ago.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
Got to give him kudos.  He came out at a time when it wasn't cool to do so. 

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:31:50 PM »
A helluva lotta chicks were hot for Paris in the 80's.
I

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 08:59:15 PM »
Got to give him kudos.  He came out at a time when it wasn't cool to do so. 

And I still wish it wasn't cool. Is it really necessary for everyone to put their public lives, their idiosyncrasies, and even perversions, out in public for the world to see?

There is something to be said for keeping private behavior private.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
And I still wish it wasn't cool. Is it really necessary for everyone to put their public lives, their idiosyncrasies, and even perversions, out in public for the world to see?

knowing that gay people exist makes you uncomfortable?

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »

Well Said, Not Necessary 24 years ago...And I'm 48, so I lived through his era....J-O-T-O!!...

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:19 PM »
This would be like somebody back then saying he was on the Jack Benny show.  Who?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »
Was Donaghue ever confirmed as phag himself?

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 09:48:38 PM »

Yep!
I

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »
knowing that gay people exist makes you uncomfortable?

No. Just like realizing people take a shit, or don't like nigs, or like to dress up as a women, or puts a pink bow on it's German Shepard's head and wacks off while it sniffs around in the yard.

You missed my point. It's one thing not to be ashamed or hide certain proclivities; it's quit another to advertise and throw it up in everyone's face.

The line has been blurred between the personal and the private. Between fame and infamy. I don't think that is a good development.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 12:25:22 AM »
No. Just like realizing people take a shit, or don't like nigs, or like to dress up as a women, or puts a pink bow on it's German Shepard's head and wacks off while it sniffs around in the yard.

You missed my point. It's one thing not to be ashamed or hide certain proclivities; it's quit another to advertise and throw it up in everyone's face.

The line has been blurred between the personal and the private. Between fame and infamy. I don't think that is a good development.

There's a huge difference in what your poorly trying to argue, unless your so backward that you think being gay is a choice you make? It takes a lot of courage to come out at that time, and why does it personally offend you so much?

I'm not a gay ( altho I love to see classic 90's bodybuilding pics, with daisy dukes, braces and work boots!!) , but I cant see why you all get so upset about it, how does it effect you in anyway....

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 02:20:25 AM »
There's a huge difference in what your poorly trying to argue, unless your so backward that you think being gay is a choice you make? It takes a lot of courage to come out at that time, and why does it personally offend you so much?

I'm not a gay ( altho I love to see classic 90's bodybuilding pics, with daisy dukes, braces and work boots!!) , but I cant see why you all get so upset about it, how does it effect you in anyway....

Really? What do you think I'm trying to argue? Going by your response and hostility, it seems that my argument is going over your head.

Again, spell it out for me. What do YOU think and perceive what I'm trying to "poorly" argue?

As far as your second question. How people behave in public effects the public ethos of our culture. The Zeitgeist as the German's say. There was a time when people were far more modest and reserved in their public behavior. Since the cultural revolution from the late sixties/early seventies you have this "let it all hang out", "I don't care what anybody thinks" attitude.

Some, as you seem to, consider this cultural progress. I don't. People are far more crass, rude and uncivil than at any time in our country's history. Hell, I remember a time when women/girls rarely, if ever swore, and even then only under extreme provocation. And when they do they stood out.

I mean, just look at the TV shows today versus just 20 years ago.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
Yep ^.  I never thought I'd be agreeing w/ television evengelists but I am on more & more issues.  ???
I

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »

so in your mind publicly advocating for gay marriage is like taking a shit or being racist or what I can only guess is your personal bestiality fantasy.

those are are basically the same category as gay people wanting the right to get married?

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
I don't care if people want to be gay. Fine so be it, it effects me not. What I do mind is this notion that if I do not agree with their lifestyle then I am a homophobe and the crazy in compashionate one. This country of ours has slipped off the sanity track. Gay couple should never have the same marital rights as straight couples. They should not be allowed to adopt children. Gay couples are effectively after one thing and it's not marriAge nor raising a normAl heAlthy child. They simply want to force the rest of us with the rule of law to accept them and their need to raise a child is purely to brainwash a new generation. Gay people are not more compAssionate than the straights. In fact I argue the opposite. I believe them to be vulgar rude and at times hostil in their insistent approach for acceptance. They are also less compassionate when adopting a child, pulling it away from an otherwise possible normal couple all in the guise of parenting but brainwashing. Marriage was once a sacred bond, a union of man and women to procreation of a new generation. Last I checked there have yet been any pregnancies and or births through anal sex.
h

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
I don't care if people want to be gay. Fine so be it, it effects me not. What I do mind is this notion that if I do not agree with their lifestyle then I am a homophobe and the crazy in compashionate one. This country of ours has slipped off the sanity track. Gay couple should never have the same marital rights as straight couples. They should not be allowed to adopt children. Gay couples are effectively after one thing and it's not marriAge nor raising a normAl heAlthy child. They simply want to force the rest of us with the rule of law to accept them and their need to raise a child is purely to brainwash a new generation. Gay people are not more compAssionate than the straights. In fact I argue the opposite. I believe them to be vulgar rude and at times hostil in their insistent approach for acceptance. They are also less compassionate when adopting a child, pulling it away from an otherwise possible normal couple all in the guise of parenting but brainwashing. Marriage was once a sacred bond, a union of man and women to procreation of a new generation. Last I checked there have yet been any pregnancies and or births through anal sex.

so you believe that gay people don't really want to just be able to get married, raise children and basically just be treated equally.

All that is just nationwide (maybe global) gay conspiracy to "brainwash" a new generation.

Interesting conspiracy theory.

What is the end objective of their "brainwashing"

What is the goal of their conspiracy?

Since you seem to actually believe this then I guess you also believe all those gay marriages and families are just a facade to support the ultimate goal....the brainwashing.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »
so in your mind publicly advocating for gay marriage is like taking a shit or being racist or what I can only guess is your personal bestiality fantasy.

those are are basically the same category as gay people wanting the right to get married?

Ah, I see. That's a pretty typical example of shallow thinking. My point was, and forget specific examples as you can use any example you want, that there are some behaviors, feelings, desires, proclivities, that should remain private. Specifically in this case, if you're gay -- fine -- no need to shout it out and constantly put it out there. No need for parades. It makes one think that your sexual preferences is the main thing, maybe even the only thing, that defines you.

I'm sure when a Christian keeps bringing up that fact and is constantly preaching you would roll your eyes and think "shut up already."

But, in fairness, having watched part of the vid, I see it wasn't about celebrating and advocating their homosexuality but rather about same sex marriage. love and equal rights.

That is quite different but again an example how a position and/or argument can get so convoluted as same sex marriage has nothing to do with love and/or equal rights.

Gay people have the exact same rights as everybody else to get married.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »
How people behave in public effects the public ethos of our culture. The Zeitgeist as the German's say. There was a time when people were far more modest and reserved in their public behavior. Since the cultural revolution from the late sixties/early seventies you have this "let it all hang out", "I don't care what anybody thinks" attitude.

Some, as you seem to, consider this cultural progress. I don't. People are far more crass, rude and uncivil than at any time in our country's history. Hell, I remember a time when women/girls rarely, if ever swore, and even then only under extreme provocation. And when they do they stood out.

I mean, just look at the TV shows today versus just 20 years ago.

This!

Well said Pellius!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »
Since the subject has switched to Gay marriage, which in itself is a misnomer, I want to add to this conversation a recent discussion about the recent court ruling.

Gays have the same rights as everybody vis-a-vis marriage. No one, gay or straight, have the right to marry someone of the same sex and have it legally recognize. No one is preventing them from getting married in whatever church that will perform it and living as a married couple. They just don't have the right to have it legally recognized. As Arnold said when he was running for Governor, "I support gay marriage as long as it's between a man and a women."  

Again, the homosexual community wants to redefine marriage and want to create new and special rights to accommodate their life style.

Maybe this should be done but it shouldn't be done by five unelected judges but through the legislative process.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »
I say let gays get married.  Gay men are the most horny/promiscuous creatures ever created.  Marriage doesn't work for 60% of straight people.  You think gay men can remain monogamous?... no fucking way!  Divorce lawyers who specialize is gay divorce are going to make a fortune.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 06:32:47 PM »
This is part of the discussion regarding the recent Supreme Court ruling legalizing same sex marriage.

Of course there are some subtleties in these positions. I believe people can do whatever they want as long as they don't present a clear danger to others nor hurt or infringe on the rights of others. I don't have a problem with gay or same sex  people getting married or living however they want. I remember a friend of mine showing me his invitation to Bob Paris' wedding. Didn't bother me.

What I am against is when others, such as the same sex marriage crowd, demand and require that others recognize, accept and even honor their life style. They want special rights. They want to change the law to accommodate them. Now if society decides they do want to change the law then so be it. It shouldn't be left to five unelected Judges to decide for the rest us. The powers of the Federal Government as stated in the Constitution is very limited and clearly defined. The rest is left up to the States and the People.

Look, for all practical purposes, Hugh Hefner lived his life as a Polygamous. But nobody gave a crap as he didn't impose his life style of others. He just did his thing and didn't bother anybody.

Again I want to be clear: People who support same sex marriage want special rights and not equal rights. They obfuscate the issue by calling it Gay Marriage. Gays have the same rights as everybody else to marry. As Arnold once said when he first ran for governor:  "I support Gay marriage as long as it's between a man and a woman."  

That's why I doubt that Gallop Poll. It doesn't take into account the subtleties of the issue. I think people get confused. I think the majority don't oppose and accept Gay relationships as oppose to supporting it. This matters. For example if I had a choice if my son would be born gay or straight I wouldn't just toss a coin. I would want my son to be straight. But if he wasn't I would accept that fact. But I won't lie to myself and say it doesn't matter that when he goes out on his first date it's hand and hand with a girl or hand and hand with a boy.

Not being opposed, or even supporting, Gay relationships, is quite different from passing a law that requires, under Government coercion; to support, honor and endorse it.

inside you

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »
5000 years or so people are considering gay as unnatural and sick... doctors proved it as a complex mental issue... and now we have a bunch of gay people with enough money to pay media to call us sick for not accepting their sickness as something healthy?!?! gay people can be gay in their beds, not a problem, but forcing us to watch it on parades is very sick and forcing us to go against 5000 years of civilization to accept it as something normal is working against gay people...