Author Topic: Christians and traditional marriage supporters labeled as bigots.. lol  (Read 7360 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
your thoughts? or do you guys even care :D ??

LETS GO WIGGS! LETS GO!!!

"One of the US supreme court justices who found themselves on the opposite side of Friday’s historic endorsement of same-sex marriage has warned that the ruling will be used to “vilify Americans who are unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy”, a group he said now faced being “labeled as bigots”.

Gay marriage declared legal across the US in historic supreme court ruling

Justice Samuel Alito said the ruling could leave the country suffering from “bitter and lasting wounds” in a dissenting opinion that veered away from legal argument, and head-first into political and cultural commentary.

“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers and schools,” he wrote.

http://theolivebranchreport.com/justice-alito-christians-will-now-be-labeled-as-bigots-by-governments-employers-schools/

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/26/gay-marriage-supreme-court-justices-dissent

And?  Of course this was going to happen and it's going to get much worse.  it's ok. This was supposed to happen.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
God represents authority and a male figure, father figure . Today's society is anti-authority and anti male.
Look at society now. Everybody wants to do whatever they want to do, with no consequences.

I think every generation has felt that way

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
And?  Of course this was going to happen and it's going to get much worse.  it's ok. This was supposed to happen.

I kinda new you'd say that, hence I'm a believer my self, I know how that shit go. I was wondering what does the regular agnostic/atheist/none believer think about these things because imo no human being can think this is a good thing.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I kinda new you'd say that, hence I'm a believer my self, I know how that shit go. I was wondering what does the regular agnostic/atheist/none believer think about these things because imo no human being can think this is a good thing.

Education and open mindedness has always been the enemy of religion. No difference here. I thought slavery was wrong in spite of many people thinking it was right. I think gay marriage is fine though many people oppose it. Christians are mad because they've had it their way for so long they forgot there are other people who don't share their personal beliefs. So now they cry about persecution and having to whisper in the halls... guess what.. when I was growing up if you said you were atheist it was a sure fire way to an ass whooping by all the Christian red necks in town. A non believer couldn't own a successful business. Couldn't run for public office.. so lets keep the whining down shall we? 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Who is doing the persecution?

As we all know, 70% of the US consider themselves Christians. So you're saying that the majority of people in this country are persecuting themselves?

???

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Education and open mindedness has always been the enemy of religion. No difference here. I thought slavery was wrong in spite of many people thinking it was right. I think gay marriage is fine though many people oppose it. Christians are mad because they've had it their way for so long they forgot there are other people who don't share their personal beliefs. So now they cry about persecution and having to whisper in the halls... guess what.. when I was growing up if you said you were atheist it was a sure fire way to an ass whooping by all the Christian red necks in town. A non believer couldn't own a successful business. Couldn't run for public office.. so lets keep the whining down shall we?  

lets keep an open mind shall we  ::)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/07/07/cambridge-conference-paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males/

"An academic conference at the University of Cambridge last July was told that paedophilic interest is “natural and normal for males”, and that “at least a sizeable minority of normal males would like to have sex with children… Normal males are aroused by children.”

Lets not forget that schools offer IUDs to 11-year-old girls without parental consent. In most countries that would be highly illegal, but your gay ass government thinks it's just fine.

keep an open mind yourself, and whoever disguises dictatorship or persecution in the name of religion is never a christian. Religion and believing in god to me are completely differend. If you are registered in church it doesn't mean you are a christian or a believer. But that's not the point. Care to validate of the psycho shit news topics I posted? Or do you just love to take a bath in shit as well and they on't bother you?

Who is doing the persecution?

As we all know, 70% of the US consider themselves Christians. So you're saying that the majority of people in this country are persecuting themselves?

???

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Gluing feathers on your ass don't make you a chicken.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/07/07/cambridge-conference-paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males/

"An academic conference at the University of Cambridge last July was told that paedophilic interest is “natural and normal for males”, and that “at least a sizeable minority of normal males would like to have sex with children… Normal males are aroused by children.”

Lets not forget that schools offer IUDs to 11-year-old girls without parental consent. In most countries that would be highly illegal, but your gay ass government thinks it's just fine.

keep an open mind yourself.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Gluing feathers on your ass don't make you a chicken.

I worry about your research skills. You read a headline and believed schools are offering 11 yr old IUD's without checking it out...

devilsmile

• Getbig V
I worry about your research skills. You read a headline and believed schools are offering 11 yr old IUD's without checking it out...

oh you think it's ok. Ok then. Your opinion is heard, thx, k, bye.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I think every generation has felt that way
Nahh, not really. This really started with the Baby Boomers, and they taught their kids this. Selfishness breeds more selfishness.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
when I was growing up if you said you were atheist it was a sure fire way to an ass whooping by all the Christian red necks in town. A non believer couldn't own a successful business.

I've seen versions of this scenario posed before by atheists repeatedly.

Ok, so I'm from South Texas...born and raised....arguably the redneck capital of the South.  All of my family is from Texas (all over it).  I've lived in big cities and smaller towns and my wife is from a very small town in South Texas.  I have family in huge cities and in small towns of less than 100 people.  Neither myself, my wife, nor our families have ever witnessed the beating up of atheists by rednecks and I have rednecks a plenty on both sides of our family.  Heck my wife's family owned a rodeo and were farmesr, ranch hands, truck drivers, etc.... My family is also full of farmers and ranchers and  I've never seen or heard of small business owners being denied the ability to open a business because they were atheists.  Neither have I seen businesses fail because they were owned by atheists.  

"You know, that place has wonderful fried chicken, but Billy Bob the owner is an atheist so let's boycott that delicious chicken and beat his a$$!!"

Look, I'm not saying it hasn't ever happened, I'm just saying I've never seen it or heard of it.  I simply question the prevalence of this claim.

Now atheists running for public office is tough because they're going to alienate the majority of voters without saying a word....that isn't persecution LOL.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Nahh, not really. This really started with the Baby Boomers, and they taught their kids this. Selfishness breeds more selfishness.

If you don't think the young adults of the 60's didn't bring out the "World is going to hell in a handbasket" mantra from the older folks I think you're a victim of selective memory

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Ok, so I'm from South Texas...born and raised....arguably the redneck capital of the South.  All of my family is from Texas (all over it).  I've lived in big cities and smaller towns and my wife is from a very small town in South Texas.  I have family in huge cities and in small towns of less than 100 people.  Neither myself, my wife, nor our families have ever witnessed the beating up of atheists by rednecks and I have rednecks a plenty on both sides of our family.  Heck my wife's family owned a rodeo and were farmesr, ranch hands, truck drivers, etc.... My family is also full of farmers and ranchers and  I've never seen or heard of small business owners being denied the ability to open a business because they were atheists.  Neither have I seen businesses fail because they were owned by atheists.  

"You know, that place has wonderful fried chicken, but Billy Bob the owner is an atheist so let's boycott that delicious chicken and beat his a$$!!"

Look, I'm not saying it hasn't ever happened, I'm just saying I've never seen it or heard of it.  I simply question the prevalence of this claim.

Now atheists running for public office is tough because they're going to alienate the majority of voters without saying a word....that isn't persecution LOL.

Funny, you are staring at the answer and you don't see it.. I grew up in SW Okla/North Texas.. there reason you didn't see it my friend, is no one would every admit they weren't Christian. Atheist were deemed devil worshippers.. Think about it.. and be honest with yourself..how many people do you recall growing up.. who publicly admitted they didn't believe in god? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

"Now atheists running for public office is tough because they're going to alienate the majority of voters without saying a word....that isn't persecution "

It is when it's in the state constitution that in order to hold office you must believe in a higher power.......

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Funny, you are staring at the answer and you don't see it.. I grew up in SW Okla/North Texas.. there reason you didn't see it my friend, is no one would every admit they weren't Christian. Atheist were deemed devil worshippers.. Think about it.. and be honest with yourself..how many people do you recall growing up.. who publicly admitted they didn't believe in god?  

None of that matters! The original question was, don't you care that kindergardeners are getting sex education without parents right to say anything about it? Don't you think it's wrong that government is actually saying in their own way that heterosexual activity can be considered bigotry? Don't you think that it's weird how 11 year old girls are told about personal birth control?

Come on bruh! It's SICK! Admit it! Totally wrong. Do you think it's right, now that atheists and satanists are getting their revenge on christians who by the way never really were true christians, just evil people disguised in religion to confuse people. Remember that christians who opposed church's tyranny back in the day were killed. So there have been actual christians opposing the falsehood of the church.

Nothing to do with christianity per se. Yeah I get it. Evil men disguised in religious rags and a cross have done evil shit, but I don't consider that christianity, i consider it abomination and wrong. But lets keep in the topic.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
If you don't think the young adults of the 60's didn't bring out the "World is going to hell in a handbasket" mantra from the older folks I think you're a victim of selective memory

Nope. The majority of all this began with the Baby Boomers.
All gens have had a some "fight the power", but it was the 60s cats that decided to eff everything up. That is why you have a job now. Their effed up parenting---lack of consequences for actions, lack of discipline, has helped to create selfish, sometimes drugged up, enabled, over privileged, kids who because they had no authority figures in their lives and figure that there are no consequences for their actions, now give cause and justification for your job.

Dysfunction is a job maker.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
None of that matters! The original question was, don't you care that kindergardeners are getting sex education without parents right to say anything about it? Don't you think it's wrong that government is actually saying in their own way that heterosexual activity can be considered bigotry? Don't you think that it's weird how 11 year old girls are told about personal birth control?

Come on bruh! It's SICK! Admit it! Totally wrong. Do you think it's right, now that atheists and satanists are getting their revenge on christians who by the way never really were true christians, just evil people disguised in religion to confuse people. Remember that christians who opposed church's tyranny back in the day were killed. So there have been actual christians opposing the falsehood of the church.

Nothing to do with christianity per se. Yeah I get it. Evil men disguised in religious rags and a cross have done evil shit, but I don't consider that christianity, i consider it abomination and wrong. But lets keep in the topic.

You're questions are loaded questions. "How often do you beat your wife" type questions. I don't agree the government is saying that heterosexual activity can be considered bigotry. That's ludicrous

devilsmile

• Getbig V
You're questions are loaded questions. "How often do you beat your wife" type questions. I don't agree the government is saying that heterosexual activity can be considered bigotry. That's ludicrous

Ok you refuse to answer those questions, that's cool.

Well what about your take on the Oklahoma's baphomet statue that replaces the 10 commandments from the bible, I believe it was in front some justice building or something..? Well anyway, don't you think that's weird? Maybe even wrong? No?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
There is no actual evidence that sixth graders are taking the clinics up on these sneaky IUDs, but even if that were occurring, there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with it. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists released a statement in 2012 calling IUDs “top-tier contraceptives” and approved them for teen use, and longterm studies are repeatedly showing that early insertion of the intrauterine devices has had a massive effect on decreasing the rate of unintended teen pregnancies.

“Over the past six years, Colorado has conducted one of the largest ever real-life experiments with long-acting birth control,” the New York Times recently reported. “If teenagers and poor women were offered free intrauterine devices and implants that prevent pregnancy for years, state officials asked, would those women choose them? They did in a big way, and the results were startling. The birthrate for teenagers across the state plunged 40 percent from 2009 to 2013, while their rate of abortions fell 42 percent, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.”

Thinking about children – especially our own children – having sex is often an uncomfortable thing for many. But there inevitably comes a point in the life of every parent of a young girl when he or she realizes that someday, at some point in the future, that daughter will likely become sexually active. Of course we all hope that it will be years down the road, preferably in a stable committed adult relationship. Mostly, though we hope that when it happens that our daughters are ready physically and emotionally and, if they don’t want to get pregnant, that they use contraception.

We also hope that when our children become sexually active, they will talk to us about it. Unfortunately, not every daughter will. It’s for that reason that is it so important that a minor can get access to birth control and other sexual health care without a parent’s notification, a process that can stop unplanned pregnancies and illnesses due to untreated sexually transmitted infections, and that she obtain early prenatal care if a pregnancy does happen and she wants to continue it, or an abortion if she does not."

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Ok you refuse to answer those questions, that's cool.

Well what about your take on the Oklahoma's baphomet statue that replaces the 10 commandments from the bible, I believe it was in front some justice building or something..? Well anyway, don't you think that's weird? Maybe even wrong? No?

Link?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Link?

And here's an article about a girl forced into a lesbian kiss during an "anti bullying act" infront of her whole class and she didn't like it one bit, her parents are furious about it.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/parents-upset-after-middle-school-girls-forced-into-lesbian-kiss-at-ny-school-94523/

you have a weird open mind... maybe your mind is like a tunnel, you just don't care. But even that's cool. I start to understand how you think you just don't care for real. The news is apparently deleted from youtube, how ironic.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Well actually I assumed you'd mention that....no offense.  The gentle atheists of Texas were in hiding from the torch wielding mob of violent rednecks!  YEE-HAW!!!   ;)

Is it true that some folks identify atheists with Satan worshippers?  Yes it is.   ;D  That's just's ignorance.

I can only recall one couple in my neighborhood that my parents mentioned were atheists and as a kid I had no idea what an atheist was...I had to ask.  My Mom didn't even really know.  It was my Dad that explained it in simple terms.  I do know that the majority of my friends and their families never attended any church or religious function.....they were definitely nonbelievers, but didn't identify as atheists...that was the bulk of my friends.  Those that did attend church were all Catholics.  

My childhood Christian influences were about adults trying to spread the good news of Christ as best they were able....most weren't very good at it LOL.  

To be honest, the limited hate I saw was about racism.....that came from all types in and out of my family....believer and nonbeliever alike.  Disgusting really. 

Pretty easy to bring together some old atheists and theists to collectively hate on some brown people.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Still can't, not major office.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
"Now atheists running for public office is tough because they're going to alienate the majority of voters without saying a word....that isn't persecution "

It is when it's in the state constitution that in order to hold office you must believe in a higher power.......

Honestly, I wasn't aware of that.  Hasn't been something I've needed to look into before either.  I'm not a super political person.....I learn enough to make an informed decision.

For me, I think the best person should be allowed to run for office.  Personally I would prefer a qualified theist running for office, but that's me.  I don't think an atheist candidate if elected would be dishonest or anything like that.  Just doesn't fully represent me or my family as voters, but even some theist candidates don't either.  

Still, I wouldn't pass on a master plumber who was also an atheist who could successfully fix my water heater leak for a lesser plumber with less expereince who was a theist.

At first blush I think those state requirements should change because if a candidate runs with a platform of atheism they're most likely guaranteed a loss anyways LOL....the requirement is almost unnecessary in that regard.  

The Ugly

• Getbig V

keep an open mind yourself, and whoever disguises dictatorship or persecution in the name of religion is never a christian. Religion and believing in god to me are completely differend. If you are registered in church it doesn't mean you are a christian or a believer.

Not when you follow it up with "Christian," they aren't. Unless God revealed the Word to you Himself, you learned it from the Bible, which is the cornerstone of Christianity - A RELIGION. And even if He did, once you choose to follow His guidelines, you're practicing Christianity - A RELIGION, whether you like it or not.

People say this shit all time, and it's absolutely meaningless. Semantical bullshit is all.