Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 408443 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1300 on: February 10, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
The outlaw bikers here are involved in drug sales mainly meth. They are also involved in prostitution and intimidation "protection" collections.  They invade southern Jersey bars where they intimidate the owner into giving them a cut for their business.  They also have a creed that if one of them get into a fight they all will attack the one fighting their member. They are scum bags that pretend to be patriotic.

Now most Harley riders are guys that wear outfits pretending to be outlaw bikers. They belong to legit social clubs and they are good guys.
I met them in Scotland and they were wild. A school Friend is still a Patched member i am not. I was asked here in Germany to get to know their Chapter. They have a few chapters here.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1301 on: February 10, 2016, 07:45:26 PM »
back

underhanded hammer pulldowns warmup plate aside for 20,,plate and 25 sidex10/2 plates x10/2plates and 10 a side x10
narrow grip tbar roe elevated version body face down on pad,,2 plates ,2 and 25 x2..10/10/8
low pully rows ,,165/180/195
one arm db rows off rack,,80/90/95
standing wide bar pulls to waist x3

weighted hypers 3x12-15 45 lb plate

traps
shrugs 185x12/225x12,275x10/275x10/275x10,225x12

abs
treadmill

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1302 on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:46 PM »
GREAT OBSERVATIONS....

One way to avoid talking is to wear earphones. You don't need to have the tunes turned on, just pretend you cannot hear what your friend is saying because your concentrating on the "music."

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1303 on: February 11, 2016, 04:34:40 AM »
One way to avoid talking is to wear earphones. You don't need to have the tunes turned on, just pretend you cannot hear what your friend is saying because your concentrating on the "music."

Great advices.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1304 on: February 11, 2016, 04:49:15 AM »
Great advices.
Laughed when I read it  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1305 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »
Trained delt and arms:

Military press 3 x 8 115lbs (shoulder is hurting. Tried to do controlled full range)
Machine press 1 x 8 (hurt shoulder more than the bar presses)
Machine delt laterals 3 x 10
Rear delt machines 2 x 10
barbell shrug 2 x 10 245lbs

EZ barbell curl 2 x 10 95lbs
Machine scott curl 2 x 10
Pulley curl with straight bar 2x12
rope curl 1 x 12

Traditional tricep push downs 3 x 12
machine tricep 2 x 10
skull crushers 2 x 8
reverse grip D ring tricep 2 x 10

forearm wrist curls 2 x 25 95lbs
reverse grip curls 2 x 12

hanging leg raises 2 x 20
machine crunches 2 x 15

Gym Observations: 

Two loud 20 something in shape muscle heads talking about their diets. "I just can't keep on track." Second guy, " Ya, I went to McDonalds and ate three burgers with fries with a shake."  Wish I was young again and could look that good eating like that.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1306 on: February 11, 2016, 08:40:17 AM »
Trained delt and arms:

Military press 3 x 8 115lbs (shoulder is hurting. Tried to do controlled full range)
Machine press 1 x 8 (hurt shoulder more than the bar presses)
Machine delt laterals 3 x 10
Rear delt machines 2 x 10
barbell shrug 2 x 10 245lbs

EZ barbell curl 2 x 10 95lbs
Machine scott curl 2 x 10
Pulley curl with straight bar 2x12
rope curl 1 x 12

Traditional tricep push downs 3 x 12
machine tricep 2 x 10
skull crushers 2 x 8
reverse grip D ring tricep 2 x 10

forearm wrist curls 2 x 25 95lbs
reverse grip curls 2 x 12

hanging leg raises 2 x 20
machine crunches 2 x 15

Gym Observations: 

Two loud 20 something in shape muscle heads talking about their diets. "I just can't keep on track." Second guy, " Ya, I went to McDonalds and ate three burgers with fries with a shake."  Wish I was young again and could look that good eating like that.

RICH I HEAR YA ON THE SHOULDER THING,PRIOR TO THE TWEAK I DID IN OCT SMOOTH SAILING PRESSING ON CHEST /DELTS,NOW I'M FRUSTRATED WITH THE PAIN ON THOSE LIFTS EVERYTHING ELSE IS GREAT,,,MY EGO WANTS THE PRESSING #'S BACK.....MY SHOULDER IS FINE OTHERWISE SLEEPING,MOVING AROUND,,,ROM WITHOUT LIFTING,,WHEN I GO ACROSS MY BODY WITH THAT ARM TO DO SOMETHING THATS WHEN IT WILL GO 'WHOA',,,I'M LEARNING TO GO SLOW ,STEADY ,REPS LOCK OUT TOP AND NOT SO DEEP DOWN I CAN'T ON CERTAIN THINGS,,OH WELL,,,

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1307 on: February 11, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
RICH I HEAR YA ON THE SHOULDER THING,PRIOR TO THE TWEAK I DID IN OCT SMOOTH SAILING PRESSING ON CHEST /DELTS,NOW I'M FRUSTRATED WITH THE PAIN ON THOSE LIFTS EVERYTHING ELSE IS GREAT,,,MY EGO WANTS THE PRESSING #'S BACK.....MY SHOULDER IS FINE OTHERWISE SLEEPING,MOVING AROUND,,,ROM WITHOUT LIFTING,,WHEN I GO ACROSS MY BODY WITH THAT ARM TO DO SOMETHING THATS WHEN IT WILL GO 'WHOA',,,I'M LEARNING TO GO SLOW ,STEADY ,REPS LOCK OUT TOP AND NOT SO DEEP DOWN I CAN'T ON CERTAIN THINGS,,OH WELL,,,

I really want to bench again with a bar but it's just too embarrassing with the bad shoulder. I remember 10 years ago where every chest day I would go up to around 285lbs for my last set. Now using 165lbs for reps is all I can do know.  When I look in the mirror and move my arm around I can see the shoulder is off. It's drooping down a little.  Maybe this is from having a bicep rupture in the past. I remember my shoulder gave me trouble after that.

One guy said do what you can do and fuck the embarrassment. Maybe I should just do a couple of sets in benching with 135lbs and progress from there. Maybe I should just give weights for chest and just do push ups. That actually isn't that bad of an option. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1308 on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
I really want to bench again with a bar but it's just too embarrassing with the bad shoulder. I remember 10 years ago where every chest day I would go up to around 285lbs for my last set. Now using 165lbs for reps is all I can do know.  When I look in the mirror and move my arm around I can see the shoulder is off. It's drooping down a little.  Maybe this is from having a bicep rupture in the past. I remember my shoulder gave me trouble after that.

One guy said do what you can do and fuck the embarrassment. Maybe I should just do a couple of sets in benching with 135lbs and progress from there. Maybe I should just give weights for chest and just do push ups. That actually isn't that bad of an option. 
DUDE I'M READING YOUR STORY AND LIVING IT TO A TTTT,,,RIGHT NOW...I SEE IT ON SIDE LATERALS MY ONE SHOULDER'HURT'ONE IS LIKE POPPING INTO DIFFERENT SHAPE AT TOP MOVEMENT LIKE IT'HITCH'THERE DOSEN'T WANT TO GO LEVEL,BUT ITS SIZE IS FINE ..IT ACTUALLY GETS MORE PUMPED THAN R/S WHICH IS PAIN FREE..WEIRD,COMPENSATION MAYBE...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1309 on: February 12, 2016, 12:42:33 AM »
Long day for me today. Getting picked up soon to help a guy move house then work tonight. I doubt if I'll have any time or energy for training.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1310 on: February 12, 2016, 09:48:22 AM »
DUDE I'M READING YOUR STORY AND LIVING IT TO A TTTT,,,RIGHT NOW...I SEE IT ON SIDE LATERALS MY ONE SHOULDER'HURT'ONE IS LIKE POPPING INTO DIFFERENT SHAPE AT TOP MOVEMENT LIKE IT'HITCH'THERE DOSEN'T WANT TO GO LEVEL,BUT ITS SIZE IS FINE ..IT ACTUALLY GETS MORE PUMPED THAN R/S WHICH IS PAIN FREE..WEIRD,COMPENSATION MAYBE...

What is R/S?

Went to Atlantic city with the wife for a Valentine getaway.  Drank way too much and I'm hurting now. I was just going to drink beer but the wife bought in a bottle of Fireball that she likes in the luggage.  Add Fireball onto the list of things I will never drink again.

We went to Harrah's and they had a fun cover band.  We were on the dance floor like two fools.  It was a lot of fun.  Spent a lot of money but the wife finally had a good day gambling.  Enough to cover our whole trip except for $100.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1311 on: February 12, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
Long day for me today. Getting picked up soon to help a guy move house then work tonight. I doubt if I'll have any time or energy for training.

This guy and you must be very strong to be able to move a house.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1312 on: February 12, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
What is R/S?

Went to Atlantic city with the wife for a Valentine getaway.  Drank way too much and I'm hurting now. I was just going to drink beer but the wife bought in a bottle of Fireball that she likes in the luggage.  Add Fireball onto the list of things I will never drink again.

We went to Harrah's and they had a fun cover band.  We were on the dance floor like two fools.  It was a lot of fun.  Spend a lot of money but the wife finally had a good day gambling.  Enough to cover our whole trip except for $100. 

Your wife sounds like a winner!  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1313 on: February 12, 2016, 07:34:20 PM »
What is R/S?

Went to Atlantic city with the wife for a Valentine getaway.  Drank way too much and I'm hurting now. I was just going to drink beer but the wife bought in a bottle of Fireball that she likes in the luggage.  Add Fireball onto the list of things I will never drink again.

We went to Harrah's and they had a fun cover band.  We were on the dance floor like two fools.  It was a lot of fun.  Spent a lot of money but the wife finally had a good day gambling.  Enough to cover our whole trip except for $100.  
r/s,,,right side..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1314 on: February 12, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »
delt/bi/forearms

press machine wide and inner grip..lots of warmup sets lighter weight ..did 3 and 3 work sets inner/outer
side raises 20/25/25/30/30 dbs reps 10-12 range
seated rear lateral raise 20/25/30/30
underhanded fr raise with premade curl bar 40/50/60

bis
supersetted curls with hammer curls great pump..bi's are boring set ,set bla bla..65 with 30lbs,85/35's x2
seated curl machine x3 120/130/145
across body hammers 40/45
curl bar close iner grip on bar premade 70/80 low point to mid 1/2 part of full reps ..

did 6 sets forearms cable wrist curls fr and back

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1315 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:57 AM »
This guy and you must be very strong to be able to move a house.  ;D
;D was a long day but had a good laugh. Just wasted so much time driving back and forth to the new house.  I will do a full body blast today and cardiovascular training.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1316 on: February 13, 2016, 06:36:10 AM »
;D was a long day but had a good laugh. Just wasted so much time driving back and forth to the new house.  I will do a full body blast today and cardiovascular training.
congrats...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1317 on: February 13, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
Some exercise substitutions for aging injured joints. These are just my opinions. Of course if you are injured seek the advices of a doctor. I am not nor will I ever be a doctor. Don't do anything I say without a doc or physical therapist giving you the okay. I am just speaking from my empirical knowledge from weight training for over 40 years.

1.Dumbbell flies can be replaced with palms facing dumbbell press. The humerus moves is almost the same plane but in safer motion because the extreme stretch isn't under a load.

2. Using revolving grips for pullups so your hands can move according to how your body wants to do the motion. See below picture.

3. Many with bad shoulders want to continue pressing. Many say use machines but if the machine forces you into bad angles it's no better. Press behind the neck is a no go for the majority with bad shoulders. Some say go to dumbbells. It's a better option. Some find again with palms facing each other it feels better. For me the most painless is the military press with a bar. It seems to be a more natural movement for the shoulder to push.

4. Benching and inclines. I know these are a staple. I believe the bench causes a tight shoulder and pec region that can lead to injuries when they tear. In the scheme of things the bench hasn't been around for too many years. I have been told by shoulder problem suffers that decline presses are relatively painless.  No, it's not just a lower pec builder.  I personally find them awkward because I think in the many decades of lifting I have done maybe 3 sets with them.  I am going to give them a trial tomorrow.

5. Lower back problems are tricky. So many causes and different situations. One thing I see is guys rounding their butt off the seat when leg pressing a million plates in the leg press. Always concentrate on bending the legs. Lighten the load so you can bend your legs. Look at the angle. If you a doing what would be the equivalent of a quarter squat judging by the bend in your legs the weight is too heavy.

Stagnant exercises like the bend over row for lats with a barbell can tweak the back because it's almost in an isometric hold as you pull up the weight. You can substitute dumbbell rows with your knee on a bench to take the lower back out of the equation.

I have always felt my lower back rarely got injured because I use these two exercises. The semi stiff leg deadlift and weighted back extensions.  The stiff got the stretch position and the back extensions got the contraction position. Stretching out the hamstrings, hip flexors and quads are also a good idea.

6. Knee problems are something that many suffer from. Leg extensions heaving a lot of weight up is brutal on your knees. Controlled movements if you use these rather than setting the pin near the bottom. I actually believe deep squats are good for healthy knees. Keeping them flexible. I'm talking about squatting like an Olympic lifter. Moderate stance with relatively high bar placement on the traps. Sink down controlled. You will have to seriously lighten the load if you usually  are doing low trap placement with the bar and using a wide stance for half squats that is typically the way powerlifters squat.

7. If something hurts a joint don't use it. I know we get into a trap that we got good result from an exercise or we feel the need to do an exercise because all the champs use it. If a hack squat machine hurts your knees drop it.

8. Dipping bars. I find many commercial dipping bars are just too close together impinging the shoulder. If your gym has multiple dipping stations find one that feels rights. I like mine about 32" apart. I know many can't dip because of injuries.

9. Many feel with age and joint issues it's time to use lighter weight. Not a bad idea but I wonder if using higher reps can be just as aggravating to a joint as heavy weight?  

10. In any sport or physical activity the potential for injury is there. Injuries are a part of athletics but of course we should look to minimize it. My doctor said to me that he sees so many 50 somethings trainers  who need joint reconstruction or replacement.  He said in effect that you can hasten the life span of joints with decades of exercise. He said preserving the joints should be as much as a priority and exercising the muscles.

These are some of my thoughts. What are yours?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1318 on: February 13, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
Some exercise substitutions for aging injured joints. These are just my opinions. Of course if you are injured seek the advices of a doctor. I am not nor will I ever be a doctor. Don't do anything I say with a doc or physical therapist giving you the okay. I am just speaking from my empirical knowledge from weight training for over 40 years.

1.Dumbbell flys for palms facing dumbbell press. The humerus moves is almost the same plane but in safer motion because the extreme stretch isn't under a load.

2. Using revolving grips for pullups so your hands can move according to how your body wants to do the motion. See below picture.

3. Many with bad shoulders want to continue pressing. Many say use machines but if the machine forces you into bad angles it's no better. Press behind the neck is a no go for the majority with bad shoulders. Some say go to dumbbells. It's a better option. Some find again with palms facing each other it feels better. For me the most painless is the military press with a bar. It seems to be a more natural movement for the shoulder to push.

4. Benching and inclines. I know these are a staple. I believe the bench causes a tight shoulder and pec region that can lead to injuries when they tear. In the scheme of things the bench hasn't been around for too many years. I have been told by shoulder problem suffers that decline presses are relatively painless.  No, it's not just a lower pec builder.  I personally find them awkward because I think in the many decades of lifting I have done maybe 3 sets with them.  I am going to give them a trial tomorrow.

5. Lower back problems are tricky. So many causes and different situations. One thing I see is guys rounding their butt off the seat when leg pressing a million plates in the leg press. Always concentrate on bending the legs. Lighten the load so you can bend your legs. Look at the angle. If you a doing what would be the equivalent of a quarter squat judging by the bend in your legs the weight is too heavy.

Stagnant exercises like the bend over row for lats with a barbell can tweak the back because it's almost in an isometric hold as you pull up the weight. You can substitute dumbbell rows with your knee on a bench to take the lower back out of the equation.

I have always felt my lower back rarely got injured because I use these two exercises. The semi stiff leg deadlift and weighted back extensions.  The stiff got the stretch position and the back extensions got the contraction position. Stretching out the hamstrings, hip flexors and quads are also a good idea.

6. Knee problems are something that many suffer from. Leg extensions heaving a lot of weight up is brutal on your knees. Controlled movements if you use these rather than setting the pin near the bottom. I actually believe deep squats are good for healthy knees. Keeping them flexible. I'm talking about squatting like an Olympic lifter. Moderate stance with relatively high bar placement on the traps. Sink down controlled. You will have to seriously lighten the load if you usually  are doing low trap placement with the bar and using a wide stance for half squats that is typically the way powerlifters squat.

7. If something hurts a joint don't use it. I know we get into a trap that we got good result from an exercise or we feel the need to do an exercise because all the champs use it. If a hack squat machine hurts your knees drop it.

8. Dipping bars. I find many commercial dipping bars are just too close together impinging the shoulder. If your gym has multiple dipping stations find one that feels rights. I like mine about 32" apart. I know many can't dip because of injuries.

9. Many feel with age and joint issues it's time to use lighter weight. Not a bad idea but I wonder if using higher reps can be just as aggravating to a joint as heavy weight?  

10. In any sport or physical activity the potential for injury is there. Injuries are a part of athletics but of course we should look to minimize it. My doctor said to me that he sees so many 50 somethings trainers  who need joint reconstruction or replacement.  He said in effect that you can hasten the life span of joints with decades of exercise. He said preserving the joints should be as much as a priority and exercising the muscles.

These are some of my thoughts. What are yours?
Agree with the declines. Flat Bench has never been my best exercise.. always liked parallel bar dips better. Also lower back work i think weighted Extensions are enough for older trainers and less risky than Bent legged Deadlifts. most people are not Bodybuilders as such in the Gym. Romanian Deads i do but some older people still have trouble with these.
I also do not think you have to squat.
Old style "pouring a jug of water" side raises are also not necessary. Can cause shoulder issues.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1319 on: February 13, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »
doony /rich great points,,,i always advocated the palms in db press awesome,,,i miss then due to rom still ans fr delt pain.

leg day very heavy old school hard core..

leg press warmed up 3 plates a side x15...5 plates x12..6 plates x10/7 plates x10/7.5 x8,8 plates x5 grind  :D

squat wide stance 275x10/315x10/365x8/405x6 brutal..

leg extensions..235x12/245x10/250 x2x10

hams
leg curls standing single leg 70/80/90
sldl db 65/75/85/95

calves
leg press toe raises 3 platesx15/3.5 x12/4 plates x12/4.5 x3 tried for 8-10 per ser..like the heavy calf work latley needs big loads with moderate reps at least for me..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1320 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:21 AM »
doony /rich great points,,,i always advocated the palms in db press awesome,,,i miss then due to rom still ans fr delt pain.

leg day very heavy old school hard core..

leg press warmed up 3 plates a side x15...5 plates x12..6 plates x10/7 plates x10/7.5 x8,8 plates x5 grind  :D

squat wide stance 275x10/315x10/365x8/405x6 brutal..

leg extensions..235x12/245x10/250 x2x10

hams
leg curls standing single leg 70/80/90
sldl db 65/75/85/95

calves
leg press toe raises 3 platesx15/3.5 x12/4 plates x12/4.5 x3 tried for 8-10 per ser..like the heavy calf work latley needs big loads with moderate reps at least for me..
I like palms in too .. Also Bertil Fox style side raise palms up.  In fact I'll do some tomorrow .

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1321 on: February 14, 2016, 08:09:01 AM »
legs are sore today,,,

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1322 on: February 14, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »
Back and chest:

Hands facing pull ups 3 x max
Seated V handle lat pulls 2 x 12 180lbs
Dumbbells rows off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (all the way down and up)
Reverse grip pulldowns 3 x 10 (found a wider grip hurt the shoulder less)

Decline barbell bench 3 x 8
Flat dumbbell bench 2 x 8
Hammer strength bench 3 x 8

deadlift 2 x 4 300lbs then 1 x 1 325lbs
weighted hyper extensions 2 x 15 with a 25lbs plate behind my head.

ab coaster 2 x 25
seated machine crunches 2 x 15

Gym Observations:

A kid down the block was working out. You might have seen him on youtubes about the Walking Dead. He was born without legs and only has half of one arm. The other arm is completely missing. Despite this watching him grow up was inspirational. He would get around using a conventional skate board pushing with a half an arm that had no hand.  When he got older someone designed a seated bike for him that somehow he could crank with that one limb.  Now he's about 18 years old or so. I saw him drive by months back in a car. Just amazing. He's working out in the gym just doing stuff with one arm limb without a hand with various straps and improvisation. I worry about him training too hard on that one limb. Its the only thing he has and I'm concerned about him injuring it.  He gets plenty of exercise just from surviving his life.  Anyway he is just an amazing individual.  

Used the decline barbell press. I can count on one hand how many times I used it. It feels so awkward and dangerous to me. Talk about the bar ending up on your neck if you fail and the bar rides down with gravity. Anyway it didn't irritate my bad shoulder at all. I think I have a winner here.  It took awhile to get the hang of it. Just weird pushing a bar in that position.  I remember Yates saying in a video that the decline press is so effective that you will realize how much it took out of you in your second pressing movement. I know exactly what he is talking about. Curious to see how I will progress with this movement.  I used really light weights and again shockingly it didn't bother my shoulder at all.  

Yesterday me and the wife went out to buy each other Valentines cards. What a crowd of people at the card counter and the cards were around $8 dollars each.  I asked the wife do you want an $8 dollar card or would you rather have the cash?  I walked of the store with my wallet $8 dollars lighter and we drove to the dollar store to get cards. Our Valentines to each other was our casino trip a couple of days ago.  Our favorite Italian restaurant in the State of NJ(NJ is full of Italians) is booked solid for Valentines.  Real Italian place run by an Italian family. Classy waiters but the place is always a long wait to get in. We asked if they would package take out and they said sure.  Looks like wine and fantastic food at home.

Baby sitting my daughter's puppy while she works midnights. Here's a picture of him sleeping.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1323 on: February 14, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »
me and my wife celebrated 11 yrs marriage and valentines day this weekend...

i cooked breakfast and dinner for her today

dozen white roses and strawberries dipped chocolate

dinner i did mozzarella tom/basil sliced with olive oil and balsamic glaze in top
artichoke and roasted red peppers /olives assorted

i made linguine with shrimp with garlic/oil/red pepper flakes/reg pepper/parsley/white wine sauce cooked with a tad of healthy butter spread alternative,,of course olive oil and semolina bread..wine ahhh.....

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1324 on: February 14, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »
me and my wife celebrated 11 yrs marriage and valentines day this weekend...

i cooked breakfast and dinner for her today

dozen white roses and strawberries dipped chocolate

dinner i did mozzarella tom/basil sliced with olive oil and balsamic glaze in top
artichoke and roasted red peppers /olives assorted

i made linguine with shrimp with garlic/oil/red pepper flakes/reg pepper/parsley/white wine sauce cooked with a tad of healthy butter spread alternative,,of course olive oil and semolina bread..wine ahhh.....

Sounds really good. Married almost 30 years.