Author Topic: Obama: I Could Win If I Ran Again  (Read 6984 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Obama: I Could Win If I Ran Again
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2015, 04:17:32 PM »
How about on another forum?

When was the last time you've contributed anything of substance to this site. Never seen you post anything training related. We just see you stalking me and hiding behind a keyboard and WYHI gay threads.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »
if Obama had a third term, he would not take the country into a totally unnecessary war, spending more than a trillion dollars, killing thousands of American soldiers and overloading the VA system with tens of thousands of wounded servicemen and women.  Every sensible soldier who doesn't want his life thrown away needlessly would get his vote. ::)

Interestingly, many members of the armed forces seem to rate Obama lower than Bush II (quite ironic given what the Bush Administration's wars of aggression have wrought for military members' lives this last decade and beyond).

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
Interestingly, most soldiers seem to rate Obama lower than Bush (quite ironic given what the Bush Administration's wars of aggression have wrought for soldiers this last decade and beyond).

I think it's a macho sentiment really.

You're tough if you send other people off to fight wars or something.

I don't get it, but it's how the soldiers seem to feel.

Maybe it's just brainwashing by the republicans because republicans are tough and democrats are not... I don't get it myself, but that's what it is.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2015, 03:05:08 PM »
I think it's a macho sentiment really.

You're tough if you send other people off to fight wars or something.

I don't get it, but it's how the soldiers seem to feel.

Maybe it's just brainwashing by the republicans because republicans are tough and democrats are not... I don't get it myself, but that's what it is.

Launch wars of aggression which probably permanently degrade the nation's standing, destabilize one of the most economically critical regions of the global economy, kill at least some of my friends, and give me PTSD = good president, I respect him

Cautiously use force to minimize loss of military personnel whilst still degrading terrorist capacity (viz., that of base Al Qaeda), having the balls to initiate the controversial but least-worst solution to the Iranian problem, and transfer much of the on-the-ground burden of waging the war on terror to local proxies who should be fighting their own wars anyway = weak piece of shit with credibility problem, get him out of office

???

The Republican propaganda effort pertaining to foreign policy is most impressive indeed!

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »
Killed bin laden got rid of Mubarak
Legal gay marriage and got rid of "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell"
Legal weed in some states
Cheaper medical care
Ended war in Iraq and almost out of Afghanistan
Helped U.S. Auto increase market share
reduced our debit in many ways
Etc.
Yes, I believe he would win again. But the point is mute, so it is not really worth talking about.

It took us decades to get Bin Laden - the hunt didn't just start in '09, and the last I checked, Obama merely gave the OK when Navy Seals caught up to him.

My health insurance and that of everyone I know who talks about it has gone up dramatically. Maybe if you're  on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale it might be lower. But remember that health insurance does not equal health care, and big govt intrusion into just about everything generally increases costs, fraud, waste, and abuse, while decreasing quality of care.

As for Iraq, they pulled out too early with no SOF. Everything was under control until 2011. And yes, Iraq was a mistake in the first place - particularly since we did not take the oil.

The GM debacle never should have happened the way it did. And everything done to "save the world" was done mainly by the Fed and the Dept of the Treasury, and mostly done before Obama ever got into office. The recession was just about over by early 2009. And no, Bush didn't cause it, and Obama didn't end it.  ::)

When Obama took office, the national debt was $9-10 trillion. Interest rates have been at zero for 7 years, and our national debt is now nearly $19 trillion. So you're going to have to explain how the debt is now reduced?  ???

No doubt many people would vote for him again if he figured out a way around the 22nd. Either because of his race, or because many people like big govt, like being told what to do, like more political correctness, like a weaker foreign policy in exchange for more free stuff, are into the whole "social justice" thing, like higher taxes and more regs, don't believe in free markets, believe wealth is bad and needs to be redistributed rather than accumulated, etc, etc.

We're fucked - people care more about free stuff and a president who is "cool" than actually solving our problems - too much govt, too much debt, too much spending and borrowing, weakening ourselves on the global stage, social justice and political correctness run amok, etc. And the Republican establishment are either in bed with them or too afraid to do anything to stop it.

We'll be Greece within 25 years at the rate we're going. Bush was bad mainly because of Iraq, whereas Obama is even worse because of the MANY things his admin has done and not done.

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/GFDEGDQ188S/
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
When was the last time you've contributed anything of substance to this site. Never seen you post anything training related. We just see you stalking me and hiding behind a keyboard and WYHI gay threads.

meltdown. Chill out short stuff.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Do you really think allowing Iran to have nukes and hundreds of billions of US aid is a good idea? Do you really think they're honest people who will do what they say, and that they won't perhaps turn against us and our allies with the nukes at some point? Why weren't the hostages released?

And it's really funny to read opinions of how soldiers should think and act coming from those who obviously never served in the military. Marine snipers, Navy Seals, Army rangers, infantry people in general, etc are not peace loving hippies who want to make friends with their enemies and "negotiate" deals they know their enemies won't abide by. They are killers - the kinds of people who run TOWARDS gun fire in an effort to stop it, while most people are hiding under desks. Rather than try to analyze their thought processes or change them, to paraphrase Col Jessup, it's probably better to just be grateful and move along.  ;D

Launch wars of aggression which probably permanently degrade the nation's standing, destabilize one of the most economically critical regions of the global economy, kill at least some of my friends, and give me PTSD = good president, I respect him

Cautiously use force to minimize loss of military personnel whilst still degrading terrorist capacity (viz., that of base Al Qaeda), having the balls to initiate the controversial but least-worst solution to the Iranian problem, and transfer much of the on-the-ground burden of waging the war on terror to local proxies who should be fighting their own wars anyway = weak piece of shit with credibility problem, get him out of office

???

The Republican propaganda effort pertaining to foreign policy is most impressive indeed!
A

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »
Do you really think allowing Iran to have nukes and hundreds of billions of US aid is a good idea? Do you really think they're honest people who will do what they say, and that they won't perhaps turn against us and our allies with the nukes at some point? Why weren't the hostages released?

And it's really funny to read opinions of how soldiers should think and act coming from those who obviously never served in the military. Marine snipers, Navy Seals, Army rangers, infantry people in general, etc are not peace loving hippies who want to make friends with their enemies and "negotiate" deals they know their enemies won't abide by. They are killers - the kinds of people who run TOWARDS gun fire in an effort to stop it, while most people are hiding under desks. Rather than try to analyze their thought processes or change them, to paraphrase Col Jessup, it's probably better to just be grateful and move along.  ;D

^^Good post.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »

???

This post is absolute genius!....good job.....its unfortunate that people can't see through all the bullshit like you do

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 04:26:51 PM »
This post is absolute genius!....good job.....its unfortunate that people can't see through all the bullshit like you do

NOT

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »
Wow, that was a cake-walk...

I now see why it's so easy for your kind to spout this kind of rhetoric.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »
Wow, that was easy...

I now see why it's so easy for your kind to spout this rhetoric.

"rhetoric" in your mind actually means "truth"..thats why you're so resistant to it

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »
Wow, that was a cake-walk...

I now see why it's so easy for your kind to spout this kind of rhetoric.

I'm actually worried when a university psych instructor like Andre - who believes presidents are personally responsible and in control of economic cycles, the prices of commodities such as a barrel of oil, and the stock prices of every company in the Dow, Russel, S&P, NASDAQ, etc... - DOESN'T disagree with me.
A

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
"rhetoric" in your mind actually means "truth"..thats why you're so resistant to it

Excellent retort.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »
I'm actually worried when a university psych instructor like Andre - who believes presidents are personally responsible and in control of economic cycles, the prices of commodities such as a barrel of oil, and the stock prices of every company in the Dow, Russel, S&P, NASDAQ, etc... - DOESN'T disagree with me.

;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »

Excellent retort.

why waste words?....you wouldn't get it anyway ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
why waste words?....you wouldn't get it anyway ;)

Deflect much?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
You and 240 should go bowling.  :D

I like you anyway, Andre. You're a good dude!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »

Actually I DONT believe that at all....I've always felt that way and made that point..HOWEVER.....conse rvatives loved to blame Obama for high gas prices, the economy being bad, etc.....so when it turned around all I said was that he should get the credit as well for low gas prices, a soaring wall st, a good economy, etc...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 04:43:04 PM »
You and 240 should go bowling.  :D

I like you anyway, Andre. You're a good dude!

HA!..nothing against you either! :D..it only Getbig!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
HA!..nothing against you either! :D..it only Getbig!

8)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
Actually I DONT believe that at all....I've always felt that way and made that point..HOWEVER.....conse rvatives loved to blame Obama for high gas prices, the economy being bad, etc.....so when it turned around all I said was that he should get the credit as well for low gas prices, a soaring wall st, a good economy, etc...

I've never said any such thing. Taxes and regulations can stifle growth, of course.

You and others have often given him credit for the stock market rise, supposedly ending the recession that Bush supposedly caused, killing Bin Laden (as if the intel didn't start until he got into office), the sudden dip in the price of a barrel of oil that had previously been going up over the prior 5+ years into his presidency, etc.

What most of you don't realize is that Obama actually became president at a very good time - most of you think he came in at a bad time. The worst was quickly over not long after he took office. And you need to give people like Paulson and Bernanke credit for these things. Obama is not in any way an economic genius, and he is in fact quite anti-capitalist at his core.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
I've never said any such thing. Taxes and regulations can stifle growth, of course.

You and others have often given him credit for the stock market rise, supposedly ending the recession that Bush supposedly caused, killing Bin Laden (as if the intel didn't start until he got into office), the sudden dip in the price of a barrel of oil that had previously been going up over the prior 5+ years into his presidency, etc.

What most of you don't realize is that Obama actually became president at a very good time - most of you think he came in at a bad time. The worst was quickly over not long after he took office. And you need to give people like Paulson and Bernanke credit for these things. Obama is not in any way an economic genius, and he is in fact quite anti-capitalist at his core.

you can try and rationalize it any way you want....BUT..the fact is, the person who is in power at the time gets the credit or blame for what occurs.....The president is not expected to be a financial or economic genius..BUT..he is expected to pick the best people who ARE...which he obviously did so he DOES get credit for what occurs concerning the economy.....Bin Laden was killed on his watch as well...maybe another president would have felt it too risky or would be afraid of failure reflecting poorly on him, so he may not have given the green light like Obama did....so...HE GETS CREDIT FOR THAT AS WELL

There are other things as well but you get my point

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »
And it's really funny to read opinions of how soldiers should think and act coming from those who obviously never served in the military. Marine snipers, Navy Seals, Army rangers, infantry people in general, etc are not peace loving hippies who want to make friends with their enemies and "negotiate" deals they know their enemies won't abide by. They are killers - the kinds of people who run TOWARDS gun fire in an effort to stop it, while most people are hiding under desks. Rather than try to analyze their thought processes or change them, to paraphrase Col Jessup, it's probably better to just be grateful and move along.  ;D

How would you know whether you were speaking to the real deal or not? Why can't military members have views critical of their own? Why should citizens simply be 'grateful' without critical inquiry into the nature of the military and the consequences of its actions abroad?